Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Easiest calorie counting iPhone app (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/768671-easiest-calorie-counting-iphone-app.html)

Justwaiting 04-22-2012 06:19 AM

Easiest calorie counting iPhone app

Whats yours? There are so many, I got one, and it's just not user friendly.

stargirl21 04-22-2012 06:34 AM

************! Free, and for me the best database of food.

Kissa 04-22-2012 06:40 AM

Ditto

KeirasMom 04-22-2012 06:48 AM

*** here too.

b_lou_who 04-22-2012 07:10 AM

I use both ************ and *********.
************ has the best database and you can record your measurements as well as weights, but I don't care for the mobile input of food, you cannot just see what you have already eaten at each meal and it requires too many steps to change quantities compared to *********
********* lets me see all of what I have eaten at each meal and add, it lets me use + or - to change food quantities instead of having to pull up keyboard, delete all three digits already there in *** and I have invested years of adding my foods so they are already there. it also shows me custom counts right at the top instead of in another screen like *** so I can see my total cal, sugars, and protein without figuring out which tab to go to.
wish I could combine the two!

stargirl21 04-22-2012 07:34 AM

B Lou- I had trouble with that too on mobile until I realized there are options along the bottom of the screen. Just press 'my diary' and you can see everything. It isn't very obvious though!

Kinda glad I am not the only one :laugh:

NoWeigh 04-22-2012 07:53 AM

My daughter uses ************ with her iphone. She says there is a way to use the iphone camera to take a picture, or scan a food label and that ************ will load the calories and info for that item. Sounds really cool. I don't have an iphone (darn it). I started with ****** and it's just easier to stay there.

dazygyrl 04-22-2012 08:10 AM

I use my daily plate on my iPhone.

TryingJudd 04-22-2012 08:36 AM

****** works well for me. Good luck!

dazygyrl 04-22-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoWeigh (Post 15600518)
My daughter uses ************ with her iphone. She says there is a way to use the iphone camera to take a picture, or scan a food label and that ************ will load the calories and info for that item. Sounds really cool. I don't have an iphone (darn it). I started with ****** and it's just easier to stay there.

I just downloaded this app! Oh my goodness! The scanner is awesome! Thank you for mentioning it. Just replaced the mydailyplate app. :)

ellgee 04-22-2012 08:42 AM

I use ************ too. Love the scanner though at times it can be off a bit. Used to use myfatsecret but can't remember why I stopped. :dunno:

vanilla_latte 04-23-2012 08:38 AM

I use *********** for a more detailed nutrient info, or Calories Track for a quickie app just to track calories (you gotta know them, though).

The Calorie Track has a picture of a donut on it. :laugh:

Hazelsmrf 04-23-2012 09:09 AM

I use ************ with my ipod touch since I can just use the camera to scan the bar codes. It's been accurate so far for me with my wonky canadian food! I just ordered a fitbit too which will track my steps and interfaces with *** too so I'm going to keep everything in one place!

sdjade 04-23-2012 10:23 AM

Thanks for the ************ recommendation!!! :jumpjoy:They have an awesome iPad app. Soooo much easier than ******! Now I have no excuse not to track!

zipp2play 04-23-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazygyrl (Post 15600549)
I use my daily plate on my iPhone.

Me too. I think it is listed as livestrong!

I love it and it syncs with my computer too! There is literally NOT a food that isn't listed !