Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Weird Nighttime Wee-wee Phenomenon (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/768626-weird-nighttime-wee-wee-phenomenon.html)

LeahGraceG 04-21-2012 04:55 PM

Weird Nighttime Wee-wee Phenomenon

:o

So. I've recently buckled down on JUDDD again and have been alternating faithfully this past week. I have noticed a strange phenomenon, though -- for the past six days or so I have been having to get up during the night -- usually at around 3 AM, sometimes earlier or later -- to pee.:stars: Also, my weight will be super-high at night -- like 6 or 7 pounds higher than my morning weight.

I have NEVER been someone who pees at night, except in the last weeks of pregnancy, because, well, you know. No room down there... And I have NEVER tended to gain that much weight over the course of the day. (I know this because I'm a compulsive weigher.)

Meanwhile, I have seen a drop of about 1.5-2 lbs this week.

So, what gives? Any thoughts? I'm not complaining, just intrigued...

What is this about?

Mariacj 04-21-2012 05:03 PM

If I am not mistaken.... our bodies release fat and toxins through urine . I pee a lot on DD's versus UD's.

sunday 04-21-2012 05:32 PM

I also noticed that I go pee much more often on DD and sometimes 2x per night after laying down to sleep. I do drink a lot of water, tea, and broth on DD, so I am sure that this contibutes, but it seems to be much more pronounced since I began JUDDD.

I also used to have the same phenomenon during 500 cal hcg protocol, which I always equated to the hcg. Interesting!

sorenkkg 04-21-2012 07:18 PM

In the last 5 yrs or so (I"m now 39) I've gotten up regularly, about 5hrs after falling asleep, to pee. Then I'm good till I get up for real.

on DD? omg, I must get up 2 or even 3x a night. I'm just in my 3rd week, so I'm wondering if it will slow down, but I just figure it's the DD magic :p

Manday 04-21-2012 07:29 PM

I have to say I've noticed this, too and I'm only at the end of my second DD! It's not unusual for me to wake up in the middle of the night and argue with myself about whether I really need to get up and pee or if I can roll over and wait until morning, but I HAD to get up TWICE in the night after my first DD. No arguing, no thinking about it....wake up, GO NOW. I also assumed it was a DD thing. One that will hopefully taper off so I can sleep!

piratejenny 04-21-2012 09:47 PM

It could be due to weight loss, carbs, salt, humidity, or other factors, but urination is also one way the body tries to get rid of excess sugar.

If the pattern seems really weird, please get your blood sugar checked (anybody who reads this thread, not just the OP). I used to retain a lot of water (itchy/swollen hands & feet), pee during the day every 45-60 minutes (but just thought it was because I drank so much water), and wake up to pee at night. Two days after being diagnosed with diabetes & starting meds (metformin), I could go 4-5 hours without peeing!!!!!! plus stopped waking up at night.

KeirasMom 04-22-2012 05:43 AM

I drink tons of water, usually about 100 oz, plus my coffee, tea, whatever else I drink. I pee around once an hour. I've checked my blood sugar and it's always great. I almost never have to get up during the night. :dunno:

I get kidney stones, so I've always really pushed water. Maybe my body's just used to processing so much.

sunday 04-22-2012 07:27 AM

My bs is perfect or at least it has been since I went LC & lost weight. I will be going in next week and ask that it be checked again. :dunno:

Are we the only 3 that have experienced the night time urination? I guess I assumed it was part of this plan.

theredhead 04-22-2012 08:38 AM

I'm a big iced tea drinker and I drink all day. I have done that for years, so I pee frequently. However, I almost always get up at night one time, and that hasn't changed. I haven't noticed any difference since starting to JUDDD. It's interesting that so many others are noticing an increase in frequency. Hmm...:dunno:

LeahGraceG 04-22-2012 08:39 AM

I'd considered the blood sugar issue, but it just doesn't seem like it's a diabetes thing for me, given that it started so precisely with buckling down on JUDDD and losing some weight after gaining/staying steady weightwise. I'll have it checked at my next physical, though. I don't have any other symptoms of blood-sugar issues and it was fine at my last physical -- but will keep an eye on the pee cycle. It doesn't seem that weird to me -- just that extra trip to the potty in the middle of the night.

sterlinggirl 04-22-2012 10:25 AM

Well im not a Doctor and I dont play one on TV..:hystr: But in the past almost 2 month here doing JUDDD i find that with my nite time visit i will see a larger drop in weight in a few days.. now heres just my thoughts.. i feel that the water we hold that is hiddin in the empty fat cells finally decides its time to vacate the body.. and so when that happens i seam to pee at night a few days before a larger drop on the scale.. so i see it as great news!!:jumpjoy: As to the other post about having sugar checked i agree if that need be based on it could be a new symptom that could lead to sugar issues.. :). mine is fine had that checked. but i just wanted to add my thoughts to this thread..:hugs:

sunday 04-23-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlinggirl (Post 15600912)
Well im not a Doctor and I dont play one on TV..:hystr: But in the past almost 2 month here doing JUDDD i find that with my nite time visit i will see a larger drop in weight in a few days.. now heres just my thoughts.. i feel that the water we hold that is hiddin in the empty fat cells finally decides its time to vacate the body.. and so when that happens i seam to pee at night a few days before a larger drop on the scale.. so i see it as great news!!:jumpjoy: As to the other post about having sugar checked i agree if that need be based on it could be a new symptom that could lead to sugar issues.. :). mine is fine had that checked. but i just wanted to add my thoughts to this thread..:hugs:

Thanks Kimberly! I agree. Especially, when I am going so much that it interferes with my day. I know that water and tea are contributing to the pee trips, but I feel like our bodies are ridding the hidden fat which is what we are trying to do with this plan! :cool:

sunday 04-24-2012 08:13 AM

Okay, yesterday was a DD and I think there is really something to this... I was up twice after falling asleep and once it seemed like I peed forever, like I was relieving myself of one day of fluids. :p This morning I am at a new low and dropped 2 lbs!

Wondering is DD causing this phenomenon? :dunno:

krow134 04-24-2012 10:30 AM

I call this the DDPP. Every down day I pee and pee! I asked about this when I first started JUDDD. The reponse was just as sterling said, the fat flushing (literally) out our bodies! I know on DDs I wil go aaaaalllott! Even through the night! UDs I still pee but not like a DD! When I do wake during UDs to go, the morning brings a nice drop! I seem to have nicer scale drops after a UD! This seems to be a normal JUDDD thing. But if your worried a doc is a phone call away!

gotsomeold 04-24-2012 01:06 PM

Where does extra weight go? It washes away.

I agree with PJ, it is a good idea to have any physical change checked. But, oh yes, I am about to finish my forth month JUDDDing and, if I make it through the night, I know I am not going to see much weight drop in the morning.

Also, yes, as the body deals with DD/UD calories, some really wild weight-gain-over-the-course-of-the-day jumps have also been reported.

Mimosa23 04-25-2012 03:10 AM

I'm another DD nighttime get up and go pee person!
I think it's also because I'm drinking more on a DD, because I fast till my dinnertime.
I try not to drink too much in the evening, because I hate getting up at night, LOL!

CharlotteChick 05-05-2012 04:45 AM

I'm with you, Girlfriend! :high5: It's a rarity if I'm NOT up at 3ish, having to pee. Didn't realize there were others up at 3AM. We should form a club :lol:

Horsetrainer110 05-05-2012 05:27 AM

I've always lost weight after peeing more than usual. I just say I'm flushing the fat away!

icecreamjunkie 05-05-2012 05:42 PM

Lurking here :) I'm mid round 2 of hcg but will transition to juddd in a few weeks! My coworkers make fun of me because I am always running to the bathroom! It is nothing for me to get up 3x at night to potty! I just assumed it was because i try to get in 150 oz of water plus tea during the day. I'm glad that sterlingirl mentioned a few days later she noticed a drop. My weight loss was starting to irritate me because I thought i was stalling..but i started noticing a pattern...two to three days of pretty good drops...then 4-6 days of nothing...but I hit the bathroom extra heavy right before the drops!
I think everyone is so right...definite correlation!

Lianora Mosswood 05-05-2012 06:27 PM

I live in the bathroom, I think! Especially on DD when I drink more to stave off hunger. And I am up every night like Old Faithful to hit the potty! This is all since JUDDD started.

Not too worried about blood sugar, I eat your basic diabetic diet without all of the fake sugar and modified treats, but will be getting that checked at the beginning of July.

Dottie 05-05-2012 08:46 PM

I just scanned the title and thought you said you had a nightmare about pee wee herman.

piratejenny 05-06-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 15634613)
I just scanned the title and thought you said you had a nightmare about pee wee herman.

:laugh:
Oh, with those JUDDD dreams, it's not unlikely!!!

gotsomeold 05-06-2012 12:55 AM

:rofl: :goodpost: :hyst:

I dreamed a dream... :stars:

LeahGraceG 05-06-2012 11:51 AM

Hee hee on the nightmare!

Well, I'm no longer getting up every night -- but have not lost as quickly over the past few days. Hmm. Must be something to the fat-flushing thing...:stars:

Kissa 05-06-2012 03:06 PM

I certainly know that if I am getting up in the night, I am going to see a loss shortly. :)