Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 07:14 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
Breakfast or not?

Does anyone not eat breakfast either UD or DD?

I never do on a DD. Saving the calories for later in the day. Plus using the time in between as Intermittent Fasting time.

So if you don't eat breakfast on UP's either then you would be having an Intermittent Fasting on that day also, right? Can you have too many Intermittent Fasting days?

Or do you feel that eating breakfast in the "most important meal of the day" and if you don't eat breakfast your body will gain?

I am considering not eating it either day.

Please share.
sherrymyra is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2012, 07:33 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<280/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
If I skip/delay breakfast on an UD, I just consider it an extension of my DD "fast". I have no trouble making up my calories later! In fact, I consider skipping breakfast or lunch a good strategy if I'm going to a party or restaurant later.

I'm not sure what you mean by calling that another IF day.....some people IF every day (Fast5) so I don't think too many IF days is an issue. Too many DDs, yes.

PS: I did find that if I skipped breakfast, I couldn't sleep that night. Had to stop JUDDD for a while, but luckily found something that helps.
New lows, 2014:
6/29 282.8
7/07 280.2
7/13 277.2

Last edited by piratejenny; 04-21-2012 at 07:48 AM.. Reason: PS
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:48 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
I fast five for the most part and it helps the hunger issue, which keeps me on track and my losses are fairly consistent so far sans the splenda incident. Eating early in the day just awakens the hunger monster for me.

There's gotta be more to the whole "people who eat breakfast weigh less" story, that is, it's more than JUST eating breakfast. (ie correlation rather than pure causation?)
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:51 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Normally I don't eat breakfast either day. There are hormonal times during the month when I'm hungry as soon as I get up, so I will eat. But usually I just want coffee or tea first thing in the morning.

Yes it would be a type of IF both days. I have been doing this quite a while to give a "boost" to my program since I don't follow JUDDD all the time (I'm in maintenance and do things differently than most).

I don't think it's something one has to do if they are following JUDDD since they are already doing a lot of restricted hours of eating. If they want to, they can, and many find it helps them delay their hunger so they don't overeat during the day.

Also, there is something called the Kruse Leptin Rx, if you look it up, it involves eating a high protein breakfast first thing in the morning, and for many this helps regulate their appetite the rest of the day, lose weight better, and even sleep better. Some who do JUDDD are also doing this Kruse Leptin Rx.

I guess I'm just saying you can skip or eat b'fast if you like. It's up to you.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:26 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
I skip breakfast now on both days unless I wake up feeling really hungry, then I might eat something. For my up days, I found eating breakfast tended to make me go over my calories for the day. Eating wakes up my metabolism and makes it roar and then I am just hungry hungry hungry. If I make my first meal on an up day at lunch time, I do WAY better controlling my calorie intake for the day.

I did try the leptin thing of eating a large amount of protein for breakfast, and for me, it did not control my appetite for the day. Coming off a DD, when I wake up, I am usually not hungry any way, and I don't start to get hungry until I eat something.

I wish there was an easy black and white manual for all of us to follow, but our bodies respond so differently. I suggest you try both ways and see what works best for you. Let us know what works for you.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: piratewoman
Stats: 239.8/157.2/? 5'6 age:56 20W then-6 misses now
WOE: Atkins- very low carb
Start Date: August 2010
NOT, I have never eating B'fast. I did IF my whole life and never knew what it was until I joined this board.
piratewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:31 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
I think the "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" thing was propaganda started by the cereal companies 100 years ago to sell more of their crap.
I am not fond of eating breakfast. On work days I *must* have something before I go to work, so I make an egg shake and down it. On non-work days, I just have coffee. I usually don't break-my-fast until 11am, sometimes later. I don't think people should eat when they're not hungry unless schedules dictate they must (like mine).
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:35 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mariacj
Stats: 210/173/143
WOE: JUDDD and Low Carb
Start Date: LC - Nov 2011, Judd - March 2012, LC + Judd Aug12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
I skip breakfast now on both days unless I wake up feeling really hungry, then I might eat something. For my up days, I found eating breakfast tended to make me go over my calories for the day. Eating wakes up my metabolism and makes it roar and then I am just hungry hungry hungry. If I make my first meal on an up day at lunch time, I do WAY better controlling my calorie intake for the day.

I did try the leptin thing of eating a large amount of protein for breakfast, and for me, it did not control my appetite for the day. Coming off a DD, when I wake up, I am usually not hungry any way, and I don't start to get hungry until I eat something.

I wish there was an easy black and white manual for all of us to follow, but our bodies respond so differently. I suggest you try both ways and see what works best for you. Let us know what works for you.

Yup breakfasts makes me hungry... No food till lunch just hot teas.
Mariacj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: babykinz
WOE: LCishJUDDD
I never was a breakfast eater either until I started JUDDD, now its 1/2 cup of cottage cheese every morning. Its just the perfect amount to get my motor running and fuel my furnace.
babykinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #10
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
I don't eat breakfast on either day, but I never have eaten breakfast. Just not my fav meal of the day.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:59 AM   #11
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
I love breakfast! Breakfast foods are some of my favorites. Oatmeal, bagels with cream cheese, raisin bran, pancakes, french toast. I eat breakfast most up days, it doesn't seem to make me any hungrier...or at least no hungrier than I should be on an up day.

If I go whole hog with breakfast I eat more sparingly the rest of the day, lean proteins and such. But to me it's worth it to spend those calories on such yummy breakfasts!

Maybe I should eat more breakfast foods for lunches or dinners. Because now that I think of it the attraction for me is the foods, not necessarily the time of day to eat them.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:39 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Oh, yah, breakfast foods are awesome! I just don't like having them right after I get up in the morning.
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:30 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

I see everyone does it differently. I think I may try the no breakfast either day and see how it goes. I think there may be something to the fasting part. Not sure of course. Not sure on anything anyway. lol You can find it said so many different ways. Not everyone can be correct in their theories obviously. There is the fasting, the Leptin , the eat breakfast because it is the most important meal of the day. I guess what works for you is what is best for you. So I will try this new way and see how it goes for me.

I was curious if anyone follows the fasting, although I think that may be part of the UD DD day thing anyway.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:58 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
I don't eat breakfast until almost 1pm on UDs (so technically it's lunch time by then). I also eat only one meal on DDs at dinner time. This works really well for me because my appetite starts roaring as soon as I start eating, so moving everything back keeps me from overeating at night before bedtime.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:55 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CharlotteChick
Stats: 164/147/140
WOE: Post-hcg/high fat/low carbs
Start Date: JUDD: March 27, 2012 :-)
I never skip breakfast! When I load up on tons of fat and protein, I'm not hungry until mid afternoon. Will eat a small amount if protein at lunch jusf to keep me going (not hungry) until dinner. I'll easily eat 600+ calories for breakfast (farm fresh egg omelette with cheddar cheese, bacon, coffee with heavy whipping cream, coconut oil, bacon grease, butter). It's Dr. Jack Kruse's BAB for me (Big A** Breakfast) It really ROCKS for me!
CharlotteChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:55 AM   #16
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I was letting my hunger dictate, but the last week I increased my calories on both UD and DD, so I've been eating breakfast every day. My weightloss picked up, but I can't say it's because I eat breakfast, or just because my calories are at the right level now.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:36 AM   #17
foxy librarian

Gallery: stargirl21
No breakfast for me. I drink coffee and then wait until I am naturally hungry....usually around 11am.
stargirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:09 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I wish there was an easy black and white manual for all of us to follow, but our bodies respond so differently. I suggest you try both ways and see what works best for you.
Starting tomorrow on my UD's I am going to skip breakfast and see how I do. And I never do breakfast on the DD's.

It is interesting to see the different methods everyone uses.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
On DDs I tend not to eat breakfast most days but on UDs I do and the odd thing is if I eat a high fat, low carb breakfast (eggs fried in coconut oil and bacon) I don't get hungry for a long time! Too scared to try in on a DD!
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:21 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hatewashingup
Stats: 135/114/108
WOE: Juddd/Vegetable lover!
Start Date: January 2012
On DDs I only drink juice and coconut water but I do have some usually right after I get up so I guess that would count as breakfast.

On UDs I have a protein shake for breakfast but only after my morning workout, often that won't be until about 12pm.
Hatewashingup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:03 AM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/203.2/160
WOE: NK/ IF
Start Date: 2 January 2014
I've found I'm happy not eating breakfast on both days.
I tend to fast on my DD till dinner, and then just have something high protein with some veggies to still any hunger (sometimes I'm just not hungry at all on DD)

UD I have either brunch at 11.30 and then a nice dinner or I have lunch and dinner.

No breakfast suits me fine, and I like hot coffee in the morning!
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:09 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: casmira
I skip breakfast on DDs, eat it on UDs.

My personal view is that I want to keep UDs as close to what most people do most days as I can. I also feel (from having read around) that keeping your body surprised is a good thing, so interrupting your fast at different stages of the day is possibly for the best, as is maintaining a good non-fasting level on your UDs.

It's also good for preventing fasting fatigue. I don't want to get bored with this, so I'm not making myself a martyr to fasts. I do the fasts for 36 hours on the DDs, other than that, I go normal.
casmira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:33 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stargazer
Stats: 190/166/147 5' 10"
WOE: Juddd/ Dukan
Start Date: March 2012
Non on DD and I'll only eat on UD if I'm hungry for it.

So brunch is sort of 11.- 11.30 for me.
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:35 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
I don't eat breakfast on up days because I don't want to make down days more difficult. I feel that by obeying my "eating window" and not eating before 2pm, I've trained my body to not get hungry until at least 2pm, on any day. People get hungry out of habit and I don't want to have a habit of getting hungry at breakfast time, that would make down days miserable for me since I don't eat until 7pm on down days.
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:55 AM   #25
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I eat breakfast on my UD's. Eggs scrambled in coconut oil and I am good for 5 or 6 hours. DD's just coffee with HWC and nothing for the rest of the day. Starting my second week of not eating anything on my DD's.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:13 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 175.8/162.4/140...47 years old
WOE: JUDDD/low carb
Start Date: Start date: January 1, 2014
I very rarely have breakfast ever, I'm just not typically hungry in the morning and I figure if I'm not hungry why eat...
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:37 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
me 2.
I skip Brkfts since practicing JUddd.
Never thought I could do it.
And thought Y would I?
I was taught differently by all the neat people here on the board.
I can go without food in my stomach. Interesting idea, I'd laugh to myself.
But it works for me. Surprise.
I have tons of stronge coffee in the am, love my Starbucks.
And off on my routine I go.
U will figure out what works for u.
Now if I'm on vacation. All the tricks r out the window for me.
Ei
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:43 AM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
I seem to get hungry at around 10. I usually have an eggnog smoothie but have changed DD breakfast to Gluc pudding.

I can't eat a big breakfast, it just ruins my day. If I want breakfast foods, I'll have them for later meals.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Today I did my UD with no breakfast. It didn't bother me at all not having breakfast and that only makes sense since I don't have it on my DD's. I will see how it goes. Not sure if it will affect my weight one way or the other so time will tell. One thing I like about it though is that I have more calories for later in the day then.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:14 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Like so many have said, its just trial and error till you find out what works best for you!
For me, in maintainance, I dont eat till after 6pm on a DD...so no breakfast...and if having a MD, I still put off eating as long as possible.
After some experimenting, as I dont count on an UD, I find if I have a good breakfast, usually porridge, I am less likely to eat as much rubbish during the day.

Hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote