Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #61
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
FP! Your stats aren't all that far from mine, and I'm eating over 2000 on UDs and around 380-390 on DDs. I have lost 52 pounds over the last 7 months on JUDDD - it works! Keep reading all the threads related to JUDDD, and you'll be amazed how many of us it is working for. This is a great place for support and encouragement too. I've never "met" so many wonderful, giving, lovely people as on this board.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2013, 05:42 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Welcome aboard, Patty! Yes, this is an effective way to lose weight (and enjoy many other benefits as well). It's also terrific since you are only dieting half of the time. I think that's especially appealing for those of us who have a lot of weight to lose. I really don't care that it is slower than some other methods because it's so enjoyable! The support group here is what really makes this plan amazing....honestly I attribute most of my success to the incredible support that you will find here. These people absolutely ROCK and quite a few of them are on maintenance now! Be sure to introduce yourself in the newcomer forum. We're glad you're here!

Kimmie
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #63
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: HolHas4
HCG to JUDDD

Hi! Has anyone here gone from HCG straight to JUDDD? I am finishing up a round of HCG and my last round was stable for about 6 months then decided to diet and exercise and gained back the 10 lbs I had kept off. Very frustrating! Any suggestions would be appreciated. BTW it has been two years since I started my journey and I am down 108 pounds. Hoping to knock down 10 more and then maintain forever!! Thank you!
HolHas4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:36 AM   #64
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolHas4 View Post
Hi! Has anyone here gone from HCG straight to JUDDD? I am finishing up a round of HCG and my last round was stable for about 6 months then decided to diet and exercise and gained back the 10 lbs I had kept off. Very frustrating! Any suggestions would be appreciated. BTW it has been two years since I started my journey and I am down 108 pounds. Hoping to knock down 10 more and then maintain forever!! Thank you!
Read this:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...during-p3.html
dawnyama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:35 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Stash'sWife
WOE: Long-time VLC now trying JUDD
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickicaps View Post

Most people find when they start the JUDDDD that they continue to eat normally on the UD. That is, they consume the same number of calories they are used to eating because their appetite doesn't increase. However, after around 8-12 weeks there is an adaptation by your hunger mechanism to eat more on the UD.

Uh oh. Is this WOE going to turn me into a CONSTANTLY HUNGRY person?! I am doing this WOE so that I do not feel deprived/hungry all the time. This sounds like I am setting myself up to be feeling severely limited in about 8-12 weeks from now.
Stash'sWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:33 PM   #66
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash'sWife View Post
Uh oh. Is this WOE going to turn me into a CONSTANTLY HUNGRY person?! I am doing this WOE so that I do not feel deprived/hungry all the time. This sounds like I am setting myself up to be feeling severely limited in about 8-12 weeks from now.
That is not my experience what so ever. I have the tiniest appetite ever. I am satisfied with very small amounts of food and almost never feel very hungry and I've been JUDDDing for 14 months.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:33 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
That is not my experience what so ever. I have the tiniest appetite ever. I am satisfied with very small amounts of food and almost never feel very hungry and I've been JUDDDing for 14 months.
Thanks for the reassurance!
Old 05-24-2013, 07:09 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Scarlett46
Stats: 179/150/135 5'3" 43yo
WOE: SB/JUDDD
Start Date: SB: 6/2007 JUDDD: 4/2013
Quote:
Most people find when they start the JUDDDD that they continue to eat normally on the UD. That is, they consume the same number of calories they are used to eating because their appetite doesn't increase. However, after around 8-12 weeks there is an adaptation by your hunger mechanism to eat more on the UD.
Quote:
I took this to mean that at 8-12 weeks, maybe we'll finally have the appetite for your UD calories? I am having a very hard time even coming close to my UD calories without serious planning, and feeling like I'm overeating right now. So maybe it will all just feel more "normal" in a few more weeks...?
Scarlett46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:57 AM   #69
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
It seems so easy for me lol. I had three cups of coffee this morning with whipped cream on top, and I think they were about 100 calories a piece. Then I had two pieces of toast with cashew butter (310), then bf left some powdered donuts on the counter and guess what I've managed to eat about 400 calories of those!!! It's not even lunchtime LOL! I guess if you eat low-fat, light, or specific kinds of foods, it might be difficult. That is definitely not a problem for me.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:07 AM   #70
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
It seems so easy for me lol. I had three cups of coffee this morning with whipped cream on top, and I think they were about 100 calories a piece. Then I had two pieces of toast with cashew butter (310), then bf left some powdered donuts on the counter and guess what I've managed to eat about 400 calories of those!!! It's not even lunchtime LOL! I guess if you eat low-fat, light, or specific kinds of foods, it might be difficult. That is definitely not a problem for me.
I would have only 400 and change left for dinner! I think that's why waiting till the evening works for me, because I get hungry later and I would be so bummed if I only had 500 calories for my UD dinner and bedtime snack.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #71
Big Yapper!!!!

I don't really need anything at night but a snack, if I eat a lot during the day.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:08 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
yup. I snarf down my huge calorie allotment with no problemo.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I would have only 400 and change left for dinner! I think that's why waiting till the evening works for me, because I get hungry later and I would be so bummed if I only had 500 calories for my UD dinner and bedtime snack.
This, right here, is what I worry about! I don't want to live forever going to bed hungry... or being hungry EVERY DAY until five pm...

or something.

This is what makes me think I might switch back to CNS or some other WOE for maintenance in the future. I may not have lost quickly (or at all) on those plans, but I didn't gain, either, and I surely never went hungry.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:03 PM   #74
Big Yapper!!!!

I think that the smaller you are, the less you need to eat. Carly gets to eat about 1500 calories. She chooses to eat all of her calories at night, but that is just her preference. I think you could space out that many calories easily, if you wanted three meals, or two and a dessert... Just about any diet is going to have some kind of restriction or else you wouldn't be able to lose weight on it, nor able to maintain weight loss on it. I know I got here by not restricting ever, and I'm willing to sacrafice a little now to lose. At least with JUDDD, you can eat pretty much all you (need) to eat EOD.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 05-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #75
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I think that the smaller you are, the less you need to eat. Carly gets to eat about 1500 calories. She chooses to eat all of her calories at night, but that is just her preference. I think you could space out that many calories easily, if you wanted three meals, or two and a dessert... Just about any diet is going to have some kind of restriction or else you wouldn't be able to lose weight on it, nor able to maintain weight loss on it. I know I got here by not restricting ever, and I'm willing to sacrafice a little now to lose. At least with JUDDD, you can eat pretty much all you (need) to eat EOD.
This is so true Cindy- basically if one wants to lose weight one has to restrict calories, carbs or fat. With most diets you have to restrict at least one of those things every day you are on the diet. JUDDD is awesome because you only have to really restrict every other day. My 1,500 doesn't feel restrictive to me. For my size that is plenty most of the time. There may be an occassion where some insanely fattening food is involved, but that is the great part of juddd it keeps the metabolism humming so the occassional blow out doesn't lead to massive gains. I could easily eat a 300 calorie breakfast, 300 calorie lunch and 900 calorie dinner and bedtime snack, but I prefer to eat in the evening so that is my preference. JUDDD sets you up for maintenance right from the start. I did Atkins for 3yrs and maintained 112 pounds, but I never was able to leave induction level carbs without gaining. With JUDDD I did my eod rotations and reached goal. I went to 4:3, but was still losing a bit so moved to 5:2 and have maintained effortlessly. I could have stayed with eod and had DDs around 800, but I actually enjoy my 2 DDs around 300 and feel that I keep my SIRTs activated and get to enjoy the benefits of "fasting". JUDDD isn't for everyone, but in my opinion it has been the most fun I have ever had while "dieting" and I truly never felt deprived- even on DDs. I never had to wait more that 24 hours for something I really wanted to eat.
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Old 05-24-2013, 05:31 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
This is so true Cindy- basically if one wants to lose weight one has to restrict calories, carbs or fat. With most diets you have to restrict at least one of those things every day you are on the diet. JUDDD is awesome because you only have to really restrict every other day. My 1,500 doesn't feel restrictive to me. For my size that is plenty most of the time. There may be an occassion where some insanely fattening food is involved, but that is the great part of juddd it keeps the metabolism humming so the occassional blow out doesn't lead to massive gains. I could easily eat a 300 calorie breakfast, 300 calorie lunch and 900 calorie dinner and bedtime snack, but I prefer to eat in the evening so that is my preference. JUDDD sets you up for maintenance right from the start. I did Atkins for 3yrs and maintained 112 pounds, but I never was able to leave induction level carbs without gaining. With JUDDD I did my eod rotations and reached goal. I went to 4:3, but was still losing a bit so moved to 5:2 and have maintained effortlessly. I could have stayed with eod and had DDs around 800, but I actually enjoy my 2 DDs around 300 and feel that I keep my SIRTs activated and get to enjoy the benefits of "fasting". JUDDD isn't for everyone, but in my opinion it has been the most fun I have ever had while "dieting" and I truly never felt deprived- even on DDs. I never had to wait more that 24 hours for something I really wanted to eat.

Yes. I can get there.

sometimes it is the "residual down day" talking.

"I never had to wait more than 24 hours for something I really wanted to eat"

That, right there, is the "trick"... remembering this. I think as long as you are focusing on the current deprivation (or the pending one, if anticipating a DD), you are going to have a defeated mindset.

That is my problem!

Time to start looking at this glass half-full-ish.

Guess that's what newbs do, eh? Learning curve, and all that...
Old 05-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #77
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Yes. I can get there.

sometimes it is the "residual down day" talking.

"I never had to wait more than 24 hours for something I really wanted to eat"

That, right there, is the "trick"... remembering this. I think as long as you are focusing on the current deprivation (or the pending one, if anticipating a DD), you are going to have a defeated mindset.

That is my problem!

Time to start looking at this glass half-full-ish.

Guess that's what newbs do, eh? Learning curve, and all that...
There is always a learning curve with something new, but if you can remember that what you want is never more than 24 hours away it's really very liberating. You can't always eat EVERYTHING in 1 UD, but another UD is always right around the corner. That took a lot of pressure out of having the "perfect" UD when I realized that UD wasn't once a month it was every other day. That is pretty darn awesome in my book. I think on JUDDD the glass is way more than half-full, but half-full is a good start. Another valuable lesson learned on JUDDD is that hunger is not an emergency. I am at no risk of perishing from starvation. I almost never feel hungry any more, but when I do feel hungry on a DD I wait 20 minutes to see if the feeling passes and in the last 14 mos I think there was less than 3 times where I actually still felt hungry after the 20 minutes passed. You'll be a pro at it in no time and while you are getting there the pounds will be disappearing!

Last edited by Carly; 05-24-2013 at 06:06 PM..
Old 05-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #78
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
This, right here, is what I worry about! I don't want to live forever going to bed hungry... or being hungry EVERY DAY until five pm...

or something.

This is what makes me think I might switch back to CNS or some other WOE for maintenance in the future. I may not have lost quickly (or at all) on those plans, but I didn't gain, either, and I surely never went hungry.
If what you're looking for is not gaining, 5:2 or even 6:1 works in maintenance, in my experience. Trust me, unless you really want to do a fast eod for the rest of your life, you don't have to. I think I could do 5:2 one week, and 6:1 the next and stay the same. At least I can at this weight. If you're wanting to go below what your body/age/height should be, then you're going to have to severely restrict in maintenance as well.