Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
contemplating chewing off my left arm - help!

It's OK - I'm right handed. This is the first DD (started late March so this is maybe my 13th DD???) that I have had this uncontrolled gnawing in my belly. This is not head hunger, it is real hunger. I already have had 300 calories of protein drink, cottage cheese and an apple and have been downing water and chewing celery. Usually my DDs are between 250 and 400 calories and no problem but this is really bad. I skimped just a bit on my UD yesterday. Maybe under ate by about 100 calories but had adequate protein. That can't be it, can it? I have been feeling for a week like my irregular TOM should be coming soon (faint cramps, water retention, etc..) but it's not here yet.

Any ideas how to get comfortable? I can't drink any more liquids or I will float.
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Sounds like TOM raising his ugly head. A lot of JUDDDers allow a few extra calories when he comes around. Good luck!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:19 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
I would personally eat a 3oz peice of chicken breastt,, its 150 cals to get you thru today..IMO I have found that when i did eat, if i ate half of that 3 ounce peice of chicken and then when it got real bad eat the other half it helped..

Last edited by sterlinggirl; 04-20-2012 at 01:21 PM..
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
I'm too new to make suggestions, I had a rough day yesterday but did make it through. Was rewarded this morning with a good loss. Tomorrow is coming, so hang in there.
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:32 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I agree with Kimberly, try chicken breast, or a huge salad.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #6
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Eat something and if you go over a bit, no big deal. If it's going to save you from eating everything in site late, including that left arm (not tasty, I'm sure) then eat a little protein and some fiber veggies and call it a "good" day!

Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:15 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Showcats
Stats: 193/168.6/150 5'6" Age 48
Start Date: 4/1/12 (177.8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
It's OK - I'm right handed. This is the first DD (started late March so this is maybe my 13th DD???) that I have had this uncontrolled gnawing in my belly. This is not head hunger, it is real hunger. I already have had 300 calories of protein drink, cottage cheese and an apple and have been downing water and chewing celery. Usually my DDs are between 250 and 400 calories and no problem but this is really bad. I skimped just a bit on my UD yesterday. Maybe under ate by about 100 calories but had adequate protein. That can't be it, can it? I have been feeling for a week like my irregular TOM should be coming soon (faint cramps, water retention, etc..) but it's not here yet.

Any ideas how to get comfortable? I can't drink any more liquids or I will float.
I am in the same situation today - hardest DD so far. I am thinking TOM as well.
Showcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GingerAnn
WOE: Atkins
I find dill pickles to be very helpful and of course almost no calories. I know they are salty but they hit the spot.
GingerAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 175.8/163.4/140...47 years old
WOE: JUDDD/low carb
Start Date: Start date: January 1, 2014
Some DDs I seriously NEED a huge salad, it (besides tons of coffee) is the only thing that really satisfys. I agree though it probably is pre TOM starvation (I eat everything in the house and still feel ravenous!).

Becky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JanetTN
Stats: too much/getting there/just right!
Start Date: Jan 2012
I think that would put you over your calories for the day.....why don't you just try eating a few toes....

Seriously, I had a DD like that and my next UD I couldn't be filled but I had good losses that week and TOM did come with no weight gain. I think we just have days like this that we are hungrier than others. I like to think I am really dropping the pounds those days.
JanetTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 175.8/163.4/140...47 years old
WOE: JUDDD/low carb
Start Date: Start date: January 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetTN View Post
I think that would put you over your calories for the day.....why don't you just try eating a few toes....

Seriously, I had a DD like that and my next UD I couldn't be filled but I had good losses that week and TOM did come with no weight gain. I think we just have days like this that we are hungrier than others. I like to think I am really dropping the pounds those days.
Yeah, I hear we don't really need our pinkie toes or pinky fingers, they have to be lower calorie than a whole arm!

Just though of another few foods that help me, Pickles which was mentioned up thread and chicken broth, I'm a big coffee drinker on DDs, also "lemonade" (big glass of water, one or two packets of Stevia and a big squirt of lemon juice), or iced tea (big glass of tea, one or two Stevia packets, big squirt of lemon) both are yummy and lifesavers!!
Becky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Thanks all. Should end the day about 600 calories which is more than I wanted or usually do on a DD but it could have been worse. Saved by pickles and a big salad with vinegar dressing and some grilled chicken. Really looking forward to my UD tomorrow though! ;-)
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote