Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
I don't normally do this...

But I'm asking for your support. I'm great at supporting others (at least I think I am) but not so much on asking for it. So here goes.

I'm in the middle of a slump. I have this slump every month, I know, but it's getting to me. Yesterday I blew a down day (for the first time ever) and binged on rice cakes and then some other stuff as well. It was a medium day, about 1000 calories.

Not terrible, but I'm still beating myself up about it. Plus, DH, my biggest cheerleader and supporter and JUDDD budddy, is out of town so I'm all alone in a big house full of my drug of choice--food.

I just need someone to tell me this'll be alright, that JUDDD isn't going to fail me. I need to hear how you got past this point. I need some

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #2

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I did something similar! I had so many social events at the end of March and 1st of April that I literally had a MD every few days! 6 of them total! I don't know why, but normally I would have said that this isn't working and I am going to have to try another WOE, but instead I just went right back to rotation and have been for about 7 days now.

It will be okay! Really! I have accepted that life is much more important and being able to enjoy myself when I have friends celebrating is something that will stay with me!

I can't remember but aren't you pretty close to goal? I know that JUDDD is very forgiving.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #4

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Slumps suck! I don't really have any words of advice, but I do think you did great by stopping yesterday before it turned into a full-on binge. I mean, think about it. Who binges on rice cakes, of all things?! At least it wasn't chocolate cake, or pizza. You have done SO well in your journey, and you WILL reach your goal. We're here for you!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:01 PM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Terilynn
Stats: back to LC 1/6/14, going to stick to & make it
WOE: LC
OH hang tough - you are so close and doing so awesome!

If I can only do half as well as you!!!!!
Terilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #6

Dawn, I know! Rice cakes! I can't even binge right.

I have basically been at the same weight since April 5th and it's making me crazy. Ugh.

Sunday, thank you for saying that! I guess I am pretty close to goal, about 29 pounds, which is very close when you think that I've already lost 124 pounds.

Holy crap, y'all. I'm close to goal. I'm CLOSE to GOAL!! I never looked at it that way before!!! Sunday, you rock! Thanks a million!

Pami, thank you too! And backatcha.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #7

Thank you Terrilyn. I know you'll do well, you'll be amazed at how well you do. Thanks for your support!!
Old 04-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lianora Mosswood
Stats: 165/121/115 5'3" 54 yrs
WOE: locarb primal juddd
Start Date: January 2011
The closer I get to goal, the slower it goes with more slumps. I think you did a great job stopping at a MD! I have had a MD UD MD kind of week and really trying to stick with an actual DD today.
Lianora Mosswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:15 PM   #9

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Close to gaol, close to a perfect record for DDs, and close to our hearts.

You'll pull through this and be the stronger for it.

Just wanted to add, Terrilyn you are going to be such an asset on the JUDDD board. I love that you are not only asking for help but offering it too. We LOVE that.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:15 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Things aren't ever perfect, it sucks when they don't go how we expected them to or needed them to, but it's the big picture that matters! If you do things right 90% of the time you'll still get there, it may just take a little bit longer! I'd ask myself what made yesterday different, why did I binge on rice cakes? Did you let yourself get too hungry? Were you eating out of loneliness? I mean, these are the things that we can fix and work on for the future, but yesterday needs to be let go because, oh well, it happened! And you know it probably will happen again eventually, NOBODY is perfect 100% of the time. We just can't let it snowball, in the past I was hugely burdened by GUILT over my not being perfect. And the guilt would crush me and cause me to make more and more bad choices. Instead now I just let it go... I look at the big picture, look how far you've come!
Old 04-20-2012, 01:24 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: Which time?
Beating yourself up is not allowed on here, so don't do it! It was one day and nobody's perfect. Get back in the groove and just keep going ...
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #12

Hazel, great questions. I think it was the sugar in the rice cakes, honestly. At least I think it was sugar, it might have been artificial sweeteners but I eat those all the time and don't have issues. No, it was the sweetness and the flavor--I ate one, then two, then seven--then moved on to other stuff.

Those rice cakes have been evicted from the house and will NOT be invited back in. The fact that they are rice cakes makes you think they are all virtuous and good for you and stuff. Humph.

And you're right, I don't expect any of you to be perfect, it's okay when one of you makes a mistake but when it's me? Whammo! Down comes the hammer of doom. The things I say to myself!

I would not say those things to anyone else and I would not let anyone else say those things to me. Why do I do it to myself? Why do I expect nothing less than perfection from myself? It's not fair to myself and I need to cut it out.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:30 PM   #13

Lianora, I hope you have a great down day. Stay away from those evil rice cakes!

Kissa, you are such a love. Thank you for saying that.

Vanilla, you're right. The beating-up-Luna session is officially over.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:34 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
I have never been a fan of rice cakes but for some reason I've been on a cheddar Crispy Minis kick... They taste like Cheetos to me I guess? They're my go-to snack in the evening now because there's more "snack/calories" ratio than a lot of other things. I'm really not in a place yet where I'd consider a bag of celery sticks to be a good snack :P Maybe one day!

Anyways, no more hammer of doom Just a little flyswatter of mild dismay.
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:36 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
congrats on having lost so well already! That is something to be very proud of !

The thing I love about JUDDD is that Sirt-1 stays with us and is working for quite a while before it gives up! That means we can be right back to where we left off when slips occur!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:43 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
Sunday, thank you for saying that! I guess I am pretty close to goal, about 29 pounds, which is very close when you think that I've already lost 124 pounds.
Well, I was hoping to send you a hug, and as I read on your comment actually made me cry. Simply the possibility of losing that much weight even being possible. OMG, I am so proud of what you've done and so happy that you are here to say it, so that I can hang onto your words and find my way too.
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
I'm right there with you Luna!
My weight has been UP and stayed the same for weeks now. Really frustrating.
I have had the "emotional" hunger too, and have only managed to not eat my way through it with support. I'm trying to keep everything that I would scarf down out of my reach.
I know I will get through this, and I know you will too dearie!
I'm making myself do distracting things when I want to feed the mental anguish of not losing with food. I am going out and hooping for two minutes, getting on the rebounder for a couple of minutes. Downloading new games on my kindlefire and ps3 and playing (can't eat and play). Forcing a neighbor to go for a walk around the block or a few rounds at the mall (but not the food court level). Cleaning the toilet. Sewing a new handbag. Wandering around a fabric store (anywhere without food!) and discount clothing stores to try on a new smaller size, or my old size that falls off to remind me how far I have come since I got rid of the fatter clothes. I'm rereading a series of books that is like comfort food for my soul, but I only do it away from food (I can have hot water to drink). Taking lots of epsom salt baths with lavender oil (not gonna eat in the tub- that's just weird). The beauty supply store is good too, no food and get styling ideas. Can't eat trying to do a new hairdo. My toenails have never been painted so frequently. Do I sound like a maniac?
We can do this together without going backwards. You are worth all the effort you are putting into yourself sweets!
Old 04-20-2012, 01:51 PM   #18

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
You know, you are right NoWeigh. It is the most astonishing accomplishment.

Posting together Lou. Brilliant distraction techniques.

Last edited by Kissa; 04-20-2012 at 01:53 PM..
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWeigh View Post
Well, I was hoping to send you a hug, and as I read on your comment actually made me cry. Simply the possibility of losing that much weight even being possible. OMG, I am so proud of what you've done and so happy that you are here to say it, so that I can hang onto your words and find my way too.
This has me in tears.

It IS possible. It is not easy, it is not fast, but it is possible. I have come this far. You can too.

The parts of my life I have regained by losing this weight are immeasurable. I can walk down stairs without holding on to something. I can walk for 4-5 miles and not hurt, anywhere! I can fit in public seats without wedging myself in, or bruises. I am visible again. People look at me, not through me, or anywhere but at me. I even get the occasional appreciative glance or whistle, which just makes my day.

I don't know where you are in your journey, your stats don't say, but sweetie, it IS possible for you. You can do this. You CAN.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #20

I'm reading your comments, and want to respond to each one, but I'm heading off to the gym. Not to punish myself, but because a workout will be a great mood lift and I would like that. I'll be back again tonight to respond to each of you. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
I know what you mean about what we say to ourselves that we would never say to others or let others say to us. I think that part of the weightloss journey, at least for me, is being more accepting of ourselves. Put it behind you.
Jbinme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Nothing more to add. It's all been said. I think you are a rock star. You are also human and as Dawn said, rice cakes?

Give yourself a hug and move on. No matter what happened yesterday, you are still a champion and have travelled a LONG road! You have to give yourself props!!

ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Showcats
Stats: 193/168.6/150 5'6" Age 48
Start Date: 4/1/12 (177.8)

Hang in there Luna. I have only been at this for 3 weeks but you are one of the people that is inspired me to start JUDDD and I am so thankful for that!
Showcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #24
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!

And hope this helps: YOU WILL BE FINE, LIFE HAPPENS!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:04 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
so proud of you!!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Yesterday I blew a down day (for the first time ever) and binged on rice cakes and then some other stuff as well. It was a medium day, about 1000 calories.
I am juggling BB's today (a million things going at once) and have been working on a response for a while and see that so many others have jumped in to respond to you, but I'm gonna respond, too.

I've "binged" on rice cakes before. For cryin' out loud!! *Rice cakes???!? I'll never figure that one out! But I do understand!

OK. You're one of the smartest and most successful gals I know on here. You recognize you get in a "slump" every month. But IS it really a "slump"? You have lost (both with JUDDD and otherwise) a very significant amount of weight, Luna. I think we get used to seeing the scale go down (or with JUDDD, bounce down) and when it doesn't, we are offended. I know I can get that way! And who or what am I offended by? Well, it wouldn't be anybody but my own dang self. But I shouldn't, and neither should you.

You know how at a stop light the cars are mostly just idling quietly, waiting for the light to turn green so they can continue on to where they're going? They're still running, but they're idling, not going anywhere - just yet. Once the green light comes on, they all continue on. This is how I see a temporary slow down, what you call a "slump".

The Whoosh Fairy visited you for quite a while not so long ago, didn't she? Yes, she did! My experience has always been that after a nice big whoosh, it'll sometimes take a while of very slow loss or no loss at all until my body gets used to everything after the big drop. And then I'll start losing again.

Hang in there, friend! You have done SO WELL and continue to be a major inspiration to me and SO many others! I'm pretty sure you know all this stuff I've just said, but being by yourself, maybe have other 'stuff' to deal with, it sometimes all converges at once. And when it does, it sucks!

I see you said you were going to the gym - good! I was going to suggest a bike ride or maybe getting out of the house for errands, I think it will do you some good. Maybe work on a new art project tomorrow. Maybe try on a pair of your old pants (if you still have them around) to PROVE to yourself that you CAN do this, you ARE doing this. You're just idling right now, but the light WILL turn green.

But whatever you decide to do, do NOT beat up on my friend (you)!

And yes, YOU *ARE* CLOSE TO GOAL!

All my best!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
You have come SO far! The end is in sight. I'm glad you turned here in your weariness and were uplifted. I hope you enjoyed your workout and it was uplifting and rewarding.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/145.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
You are such a wonderful person Luna! I agree that slumps are the worst, but I hope that you remember how incredible you are and how much you have accomplished and how close you are to your goal! You are right that you are great at supporting others. I love your posts and they do so much to help me. Laughed when you told the story of your DH driving by and not recognizing you and rejoiced in your amazing successes. I sure hope you are feeling better.
Babsbabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:41 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Holy Moly and then some, Luna!
I've been cruising this forum and had no intention of joining - thought I'd just use all of you for inspiration and do this privately. Until I read this post. There are probably dozens like me who have been inspired by you and the other vets here to change our relationships with food and our bodies. So first, many thanks. Second, I'm truly sorry for your lousy day (which might not look so lousy to someone who's still scarfing back chocolate-covered-deep-fried whatever with total and terrifying abandon), and hope that you feel better already.
The thing I want to chip in is this: how lucky to find yourself on a trip that brings you face to face with your "hammer of doom" (was that your expression?), 'cause what's the point of all of this if, while I'm losing weight, I don't also lose my harsh, punitive, and self-destructive thoughts about myself. I want to break out of prison, here. The food prison and the whopping mental prison I've been in for so much of my life. Maybe this day can help with that. Hope so
End of story. Much love and many thanks from way back in the bleachers.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:17 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Just feel the love from all of us and let our collective feelings for you lift you right out of that slump!!

It is YOU that has been my rock and my inspiration from my beginning days with JUDDD. I am not often in the company of others who have lost over 100 pounds and I need to look to those people to keep me on my journey and to show me that it is possible.

I sometimes get in a slump myself and that can bring on the desire to self sabotage. Doing what you did is the BEST thing to do when that happens. Ask for support and then take in all the love.

There are some great thoughts already listed for distraction. I do depend a lot on distracting myself as well as with some exercise, which you are doing.

It's just a day. A mere moment in time in the greater scheme. Please do not beat yourself up over rice cakes. It's done, it's over. Focus on the present moment and charge ahead with full Luna force. Tomorrow is another day.

We you Luna!!