Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012, 05:34 PM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Really, it will be OK. Look at your awesome avatar and remember the fun and happiness. You know you will feel it again! You're on the track to goal, and you'll get there! Luna
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2012, 06:00 PM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Oh. my.

I am speechless and moved to tears.

If there was any doubt that I was loved and cared about, it is now history. I am so grateful and humbled by you all. Lifted up? I've been lifted up so high I might get altitude sickness. You all are so good for my heart. Truly, I feel so blessed and honored by your kindnesses.

I did have a wonderful hard workout and then came home and had a bath and dinner. I feel restored, both physically and emotionally. I am ready to have a good down day tomorrow and continue on.

I'm going to print this thread out and hang all of your lovely supportive words all around my mirror, where I look at myself every morning while I weigh. Thank you, thank you a thousand times.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
I love the responsiveness and forgiveness on this board and the confidence you have to ask for help! This is the attitude that will help us all get there -- together
TryingJudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:42 PM   #34

This is gonna be the longest post ever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
I know what you mean about what we say to ourselves that we would never say to others or let others say to us. I think that part of the weightloss journey, at least for me, is being more accepting of ourselves. Put it behind you.
Thank you. Yeah, I'm getting that I'm not the only one who does this. It's sad really. If I'm my own worst enemy, who's left to be my best friend? I have work ahead of me on this front. Lots of journalling fodder here, I'm afraid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
Nothing more to add. It's all been said. I think you are a rock star. You are also human and as Dawn said, rice cakes?

Give yourself a hug and move on. No matter what happened yesterday, you are still a champion and have travelled a LONG road! You have to give yourself props!!
Thanks for saying such lovely things. I'm gratified you think I'm a rock star. I'm pretty impressed by you, too, lady. You're doing such a great job and rocking JUDDD pretty well yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showcats View Post

Hang in there Luna. I have only been at this for 3 weeks but you are one of the people that is inspired me to start JUDDD and I am so thankful for that!
What a huge compliment! I'm grateful you shared it with me. I'm glad to have you for a JUDDD Buddd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Thank you. Your inspiration has meant so much to me, and like so many others, I must say to you that you are one of the main reasons I am here in the first place! You are a JUDDD missionary, spreading the word far and wide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
so proud of you!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
I am juggling BB's today (a million things going at once) and have been working on a response for a while and see that so many others have jumped in to respond to you, but I'm gonna respond, too.

I've "binged" on rice cakes before. For cryin' out loud!! *Rice cakes???!? I'll never figure that one out! But I do understand!

OK. You're one of the smartest and most successful gals I know on here. You recognize you get in a "slump" every month. But IS it really a "slump"? You have lost (both with JUDDD and otherwise) a very significant amount of weight, Luna. I think we get used to seeing the scale go down (or with JUDDD, bounce down) and when it doesn't, we are offended. I know I can get that way! And who or what am I offended by? Well, it wouldn't be anybody but my own dang self. But I shouldn't, and neither should you.

You know how at a stop light the cars are mostly just idling quietly, waiting for the light to turn green so they can continue on to where they're going? They're still running, but they're idling, not going anywhere - just yet. Once the green light comes on, they all continue on. This is how I see a temporary slow down, what you call a "slump".

The Whoosh Fairy visited you for quite a while not so long ago, didn't she? Yes, she did! My experience has always been that after a nice big whoosh, it'll sometimes take a while of very slow loss or no loss at all until my body gets used to everything after the big drop. And then I'll start losing again.

Hang in there, friend! You have done SO WELL and continue to be a major inspiration to me and SO many others! I'm pretty sure you know all this stuff I've just said, but being by yourself, maybe have other 'stuff' to deal with, it sometimes all converges at once. And when it does, it sucks!

I see you said you were going to the gym - good! I was going to suggest a bike ride or maybe getting out of the house for errands, I think it will do you some good. Maybe work on a new art project tomorrow. Maybe try on a pair of your old pants (if you still have them around) to PROVE to yourself that you CAN do this, you ARE doing this. You're just idling right now, but the light WILL turn green.

But whatever you decide to do, do NOT beat up on my friend (you)!

And yes, YOU *ARE* CLOSE TO GOAL!

All my best!
Oh, thank you!! I like the idling car analogy. Great image, and a very helpful way of thinking of it.

As far as the rice cakes go, I know, right? I've always said I could binge on anything and this just proves it. In my defense, they were very tasty rice cakes, not the usual styrofoam ones. But they are banished, so no point in dwelling on that.

Thank you for the suggestions--an art project is definitely looming--probably tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
You have come SO far! The end is in sight. I'm glad you turned here in your weariness and were uplifted. I hope you enjoyed your workout and it was uplifting and rewarding.
Thank you! It has helped immensely--both the workout and sharing honestly what was going on with me. I'm so gratified by the response. I appreciate your support, you are such an inspiration, posting pictures of your tiny self in your wedding dress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsbabs View Post
You are such a wonderful person Luna! I agree that slumps are the worst, but I hope that you remember how incredible you are and how much you have accomplished and how close you are to your goal! You are right that you are great at supporting others. I love your posts and they do so much to help me. Laughed when you told the story of your DH driving by and not recognizing you and rejoiced in your amazing successes. I sure hope you are feeling better.
Thank you so much! And your avatar is so eloquent and apropos to the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Holy Moly and then some, Luna!
I've been cruising this forum and had no intention of joining - thought I'd just use all of you for inspiration and do this privately. Until I read this post. There are probably dozens like me who have been inspired by you and the other vets here to change our relationships with food and our bodies. So first, many thanks. Second, I'm truly sorry for your lousy day (which might not look so lousy to someone who's still scarfing back chocolate-covered-deep-fried whatever with total and terrifying abandon), and hope that you feel better already.
The thing I want to chip in is this: how lucky to find yourself on a trip that brings you face to face with your "hammer of doom" (was that your expression?), 'cause what's the point of all of this if, while I'm losing weight, I don't also lose my harsh, punitive, and self-destructive thoughts about myself. I want to break out of prison, here. The food prison and the whopping mental prison I've been in for so much of my life. Maybe this day can help with that. Hope so
End of story. Much love and many thanks from way back in the bleachers.
OMG!!!! This deserves to be written on the skies and tattooed on our inner thighs!!!!!! What an eloquent and gut-level true statement. I am so grateful you came out of your anonymity to post. Maybe my bad day had a deeper purpose. It drew you forward to share such deep insight with me, and for that I'm grateful. Stick around and post more!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
Just feel the love from all of us and let our collective feelings for you lift you right out of that slump!!

It is YOU that has been my rock and my inspiration from my beginning days with JUDDD. I am not often in the company of others who have lost over 100 pounds and I need to look to those people to keep me on my journey and to show me that it is possible.

I sometimes get in a slump myself and that can bring on the desire to self sabotage. Doing what you did is the BEST thing to do when that happens. Ask for support and then take in all the love.

There are some great thoughts already listed for distraction. I do depend a lot on distracting myself as well as with some exercise, which you are doing.

It's just a day. A mere moment in time in the greater scheme. Please do not beat yourself up over rice cakes. It's done, it's over. Focus on the present moment and charge ahead with full Luna force. Tomorrow is another day.

We you Luna!!
Oh, and I you right back!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Really, it will be OK. Look at your awesome avatar and remember the fun and happiness. You know you will feel it again! You're on the track to goal, and you'll get there! Luna
Sophie, thank you! You are another one who inspires me and who taught me that there's always more we can learn about ourselves and this WOE.

Wow, I am so blessed. I know I'm missing other comments here. B_lou, thanks for all the distraction tips!! Excellent and comprehensive list! I know you're a soul sister especially when it comes to the bounces and the slumps! We'll get through them together.

ALL of you are so wonderful and amazing and I'm lucky to get to share this journey with you.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:07 PM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ~PaperMoon~
Stats: 100+ Pounds lost!
WOE: Low Carb and general low calorie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
But I'm asking for your support. I'm great at supporting others (at least I think I am) but not so much on asking for it. So here goes.

I'm in the middle of a slump. I have this slump every month, I know, but it's getting to me. Yesterday I blew a down day (for the first time ever) and binged on rice cakes and then some other stuff as well. It was a medium day, about 1000 calories.

Not terrible, but I'm still beating myself up about it. Plus, DH, my biggest cheerleader and supporter and JUDDD budddy, is out of town so I'm all alone in a big house full of my drug of choice--food.

I just need someone to tell me this'll be alright, that JUDDD isn't going to fail me. I need to hear how you got past this point. I need some

You'll be okay. Tomorrow is another day, just start over fresh and keep what happened in the past.
~PaperMoon~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:54 PM   #36

Gallery: Momto2boysNJ
Stats: 2 be Physically Fit
WOE: LC for ME!
I'm a little late to the party. Work has actually been busy. But I still wanted to just give you
Momto2boysNJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
If it helps at all - I hung around 229-232 for about 6 weeks - once dropped down to 226 - but that was one day! I'll admit that I wasn't perfect in that time - I suppose there was some frustration which led to slumps, which led to eating.

But you know what - and I know you do - because you wouldn't have lost an AMAZING 124lbs!!!!!!! without knowing this - I just kept on plugging along doing the best I could and then things came back together and I was positive, and I was doing great UD and DD and today I hit 223.8!!!

It will happen for you too. So Hugs for now - and just do your best - just don't lose sight of the road you're on. If you need to stop and smell a few roses to give you some energy to continue - that's okay!
Old 04-20-2012, 08:42 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Luna THIS is how I truly feel about you and what you have accomplished. Talk about an ALL-STAR!! AND...DITTO... to every previous post. You are a delightful loveable JUDDD BUDD if there ever was one. Period.

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:00 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beachgirl6976
Stats: (240 Highest) Starting Juddd 151/143/120 5'4"
WOE: JUDDD - Previous, LC/Atkins, 4HB, WW
Start Date: 4/8/12
Your doing so great and you truly are an inspiration to all of us
Beachgirl6976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #40

Thank you, Susan, Vicky, Phyl and Beachgirl!! I appreciate the support more than you know. Vicky, awesome job on the new low!! I know it'll come, I get too impatient. I need to learn to accept the way things are and not expect a new low as often as I approach goal. I am kinda addicted to that high of hitting a new low. I'm going to have to get a new addiction, I guess. Any suggestions? Rice cakes are out, natch.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:10 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mttemple4
What a wonderful thread. I read it yesterday but was on my phone right before bed and that seems to crash whenever I try to add a reply.

Everything that I was going to say has been said . . . not only are you an inspiration to all here but, even when you're not quite to goal, you are living a fantabulous life and enjoying the benefits of what you've done for your health already! I am one who really falls victim to fantasy weight loss deadlines (how many times have I counted weeks in my head while falling asleep with hopes of losing 2-3 lbs a week and being at goal for whatever event?). The other day I realized, even if all goes to plan, that I won't be at goal by the time I take my big trip this summer. Instead of being disheartened as usual, though, I realized I will still be enjoying almost all of the benefits of a smaller size. So what if it's still 20 lbs over my goal? It will still be so much better than it is today, and today is better than it was over 40 lbs ago. Anyway, this is what I thought about while reading your post.

Rock on, Luna! You got this for sure!!!

Last edited by mttemple4; 04-21-2012 at 12:12 PM..
mttemple4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:16 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Luna,

I am sorry your feeling down! I am also very sorry you havent lost this month. Maybe your body is just taking a break and getting ready for the next go at losing!

You hubby will be back soon! And dont worry about your medium day, even you have said it happens! Continue your rotations and you will be good! Seriously forget about your bad day and make the next one a good one!!

Lots of and to make you feel better!!!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:09 PM   #43

Joyce, you do that too? I've been at goal so many times...in my head, in the future, by this-and-such date, and it never materialized. I'm trying this time not to count, not to stress about it. It IS just a number, after all. And so is the number that the scale is showing me now (repeatedly, over and over, world without end). I need to quit letting that number mess with my head. Today IS so much better than the past!

Tanya, thank you! I think having hubby out of town is messing with my head a lot. He's my rock. I'm having a good down day though and enjoying it. Planning a workout in a bit. Thanks for writing!

It truly is staggering to read all of your supportive replies. You go along in your life thinking that what you do doesn't really matter to anyone else and then you find out that it does--that people are watching you and cheering you on and being inspired by you!! That still blows me away. Me?!? An inspiration? I'm still trying to wrap my head around that.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Joyce and Luna, just had to post because what the two of you just said really hit home with me.

In 2006, I had a lap band placed and lost, oh, 70 pounds. My highest ever weight was 309.4. Now, I have learned that this band I have is only a tool. I languished in the 240s for several years because I basically gave up. Then I decided I'd had enough and a couple of years ago, dieted and exercised like a fiend. Ultimately getting myself down to a low of about 195-200. Yes, still obese but let me tell you what happened one day.

I was at a JC Penney store and saw a reflection in a mirror and thought she looks like me! Well it WAS me! I didn't recognize myself because I looked normal! Not skinny by any means but not someone I would point out as morbidly obese! I cried and cried that day. My family couldn't figure it out because they had been telling me this all along. I just remember while I wasn't anywhere near goal - I could live with where I was because I looked NORMAL!

Sad part of the story, the crazed dieting and exercise backfired. I rebelled and lost all desire to continue on the path I had been on and I gained back up to the 254.8 which is where I was when I started JUDDD.

Anyway, the moral of this long drawn out story is - love where you are! It is a much better place than where you were! For that reason my goal first and foremost is 199. I was so desperate to get further toward my goal that I didn't appreciate how much I enjoyed where I was and how good I felt then. When I get there again, I will see it in a whole new light. And you know what, I should appreciate where I am today, too! It is a much better place that being 309.4!!!

Hugs to you both for helping me see this again.

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. - Louis Pasteur
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:02 PM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Luna: Can I just say "THANK YOU" for allowing yourself to be vulnerable and sharing how you feel?? I know you said in the first post how you are great at cheering others on but not too great at asking for support. And, you certainly have been a wonderful and supportive cheer leader for me. I love you for that!!

I'll bet you have no idea how many of us are struggling and feeling slumpish right now!!

I love what someone said about "the flyswatter instead of the hammer." That's so great!

Today I've been hammering myself and beating myself up all day. I decided to have a good UD yesterday. Then I got on the scale this morning and I started regretting the great time I had in Palm Springs and questioning everything I ate and the time I "wasted" reading a book by the pool when I should have been working out in the gym.

I'm having a really, really hard time with my DD today. It's not even 2 p.m. and I've already had 360 calories when normally I can go all the way until dinner without eating on a DD. I've convinced myself the SIRT1 magic is gone from my body and I'll never get it back.

I feel fat, stupid and like a failure. Now I'm reading your posts and replies and all the wise commentary from other JUDD BUDDs. Very teary-eyed here. Just looking at how far you have come and how close you are to your goal is inspiring.

But, I'm doubting myself and whether or not I can pull myself back onto the wagon.

It's true that the closer you are to goal, the slower the losses. We all have to accept and live with it.

I'm going to hang on to your coat tails for dear life right now, OK?? I'm going to the gym this afternoon. DH is heading out to play 9 holes on the golf course at 4 so I'm going to use that time to work out and hopefully feel a bit better about my body.

You are definitely an inspiration in so many ways. Again, thanks for being willing to put yourself out there and start this thread. You don't know how much it is helping me and probably lots of others, too.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Showcats
Stats: 193/168.6/150 5'6" Age 48
Start Date: 4/1/12 (177.8)
Yam-Yam - you are always an inspiration as well to us newbies and have always been so helpful. Thank you!
Showcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mttemple4
Quote:
Joyce, you do that too? I've been at goal so many times...in my head, in the future, by this-and-such date, and it never materialized. I'm trying this time not to count, not to stress about it. It IS just a number, after all. And so is the number that the scale is showing me now (repeatedly, over and over, world without end). I need to quit letting that number mess with my head. Today IS so much better than the past!
Oh yes, I have been doing that since I was 12 and I have NEVER been at goal. I have certainly been smaller than I am now, but never thin, whatever that is. I truly feel I have turned a corner, though. Today IS so much better than the past . . . I am going to keep repeating that. And whatever weight I am this summer, I will embrace it.

Quote:
Joyce and Luna, just had to post because what the two of you just said really hit home with me.
I am so glad you posted your story, Laura. It really resonated with me. I actually just got back from the mall--trying on jeans--and kept looking at myself in the mirror to see if I could tell any difference between now and 42 lbs ago. It was hard for me to tell that anything was different, but surely it is. I am focused on 199 too--so close I can taste it at 202.8 this morning (not that I'm hyper focused on numbers or anything ) but most of all I'm going to try to focus on being happy where I am. It's tough to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showcats View Post
Yam-Yam - you are always an inspiration as well to us newbies and have always been so helpful. Thank you!
Yes, this!
mttemple4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #48

Quote:

In 2006, I had a lap band placed and lost, oh, 70 pounds. My highest ever weight was 309.4. Now, I have learned that this band I have is only a tool. I languished in the 240s for several years because I basically gave up. Then I decided I'd had enough and a couple of years ago, dieted and exercised like a fiend. Ultimately getting myself down to a low of about 195-200. Yes, still obese but let me tell you what happened one day.

I was at a JC Penney store and saw a reflection in a mirror and thought she looks like me! Well it WAS me! I didn't recognize myself because I looked normal! Not skinny by any means but not someone I would point out as morbidly obese! I cried and cried that day. My family couldn't figure it out because they had been telling me this all along. I just remember while I wasn't anywhere near goal - I could live with where I was because I looked NORMAL!

Sad part of the story, the crazed dieting and exercise backfired. I rebelled and lost all desire to continue on the path I had been on and I gained back up to the 254.8 which is where I was when I started JUDDD.

Anyway, the moral of this long drawn out story is - love where you are! It is a much better place than where you were! For that reason my goal first and foremost is 199. I was so desperate to get further toward my goal that I didn't appreciate how much I enjoyed where I was and how good I felt then. When I get there again, I will see it in a whole new light. And you know what, I should appreciate where I am today, too! It is a much better place that being 309.4!!!

Hugs to you both for helping me see this again.
Quoted for Truth. I do spend a great deal of time noticing the little things that are changing, like ring sizes, hubbies not recognizing you on the street, fitting into seats and spaces that would have been tight before. DH is probably tired of hearing me marvel that I have bones in my spine and that I can walk down the stairs without holding on for dear life. I need to focus on that more than the scale number, I know. I'm trying. Thank you so much for sharing that story. It's a good reminder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Luna: Can I just say "THANK YOU" for allowing yourself to be vulnerable and sharing how you feel?? I know you said in the first post how you are great at cheering others on but not too great at asking for support. And, you certainly have been a wonderful and supportive cheer leader for me. I love you for that!!

I'll bet you have no idea how many of us are struggling and feeling slumpish right now!!

I love what someone said about "the flyswatter instead of the hammer." That's so great!

Today I've been hammering myself and beating myself up all day. I decided to have a good UD yesterday. Then I got on the scale this morning and I started regretting the great time I had in Palm Springs and questioning everything I ate and the time I "wasted" reading a book by the pool when I should have been working out in the gym.

I'm having a really, really hard time with my DD today. It's not even 2 p.m. and I've already had 360 calories when normally I can go all the way until dinner without eating on a DD. I've convinced myself the SIRT1 magic is gone from my body and I'll never get it back.

I feel fat, stupid and like a failure. Now I'm reading your posts and replies and all the wise commentary from other JUDD BUDDs. Very teary-eyed here. Just looking at how far you have come and how close you are to your goal is inspiring.

But, I'm doubting myself and whether or not I can pull myself back onto the wagon.

It's true that the closer you are to goal, the slower the losses. We all have to accept and live with it.

I'm going to hang on to your coat tails for dear life right now, OK?? I'm going to the gym this afternoon. DH is heading out to play 9 holes on the golf course at 4 so I'm going to use that time to work out and hopefully feel a bit better about my body.

You are definitely an inspiration in so many ways. Again, thanks for being willing to put yourself out there and start this thread. You don't know how much it is helping me and probably lots of others, too.
Oh, my sweet sister. Those coat tails are right here, grab on and we'll do this together. I'm glad you're going to the gym, all those endorphins are good for you right now!

It is NOT a waste of time for you to rest and relax and enjoy life. If we can't sit by the pool and read and savor the moment, what the heck are we doing all this for?!? Vacations are meant to be just that--a vacation from the routine, a respite for the body and the soul. Don't ruin that respite by beating yourself up for it now.

The only moment you have control over is this one. This one right here. Not yesterday, not tomorrow. Not even one hour ago. Are you making your best choices right here in this moment? Well, then, there ya go. If you are, you are doing everything you can to move yourself in your highest and best direction. If you're not, then you know where to start. And it's NOT with the hammer of doom.

Thank you for posting. We'll stick together.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #49

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Wow.

i had to cancel all my 'multi posts'. 12 is just too many.

I am a bit busy just now with family visits because of my 95 yr old father in law's fall.

So........... I come back here to dear Luna's thread at midnight our time, and I am a bit speechless and a very tearful.

You are all such wonderful, strong and caring women.

I am so proud to be one of you. My journey has been so relatively easy by comparison to many of you that I am humbled by your strength and determination.

I am really lost for words, what I want to write seems trite somehow, and I want it to be so meaningful.

Who could have dreamt that a "weight loss forum" could be so powerful a tool in bringing us together?

Love you all.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

Last edited by Kissa; 04-21-2012 at 04:36 PM..
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:40 PM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Quoted for Truth. I do spend a great deal of time noticing the little things that are changing, like ring sizes, hubbies not recognizing you on the street, fitting into seats and spaces that would have been tight before. DH is probably tired of hearing me marvel that I have bones in my spine and that I can walk down the stairs without holding on for dear life. I need to focus on that more than the scale number, I know. I'm trying. Thank you so much for sharing that story. It's a good reminder.

Oh, my sweet sister. Those coat tails are right here, grab on and we'll do this together. I'm glad you're going to the gym, all those endorphins are good for you right now!

It is NOT a waste of time for you to rest and relax and enjoy life. If we can't sit by the pool and read and savor the moment, what the heck are we doing all this for?!? Vacations are meant to be just that--a vacation from the routine, a respite for the body and the soul. Don't ruin that respite by beating yourself up for it now.

The only moment you have control over is this one. This one right here. Not yesterday, not tomorrow. Not even one hour ago. Are you making your best choices right here in this moment? Well, then, there ya go. If you are, you are doing everything you can to move yourself in your highest and best direction. If you're not, then you know where to start. And it's NOT with the hammer of doom.

Thank you for posting. We'll stick together.
Wow, Luna!!! You did it again! You lifted me up. It's a gift, you know. You have the gift of encouragement.

You reminded me of a "little" something. DH and I were surprised to find out our airplane to Palm Springs was a little "puddle jumper" as he calls them. I always dread the small planes because they have low ceilings (I'm tall) and they have small seats and I used to have to suck in my stomach to get the short seat belt fastened.

Well, not only did that small seat belt fasten this time, but I showed DH that it was too big!! I had to tighten it and had a good 8 inches left over. (His was tight, tight.) My hips HAVE shrunk after all!

Your comment ".....then what are we doing this for?" really hit me hard!!! In a very GOOD way!!! Smack!!! Thanks, I needed that!! You are right!!! I never thought of it that way and certainly have not been thinking of it that way today. I really felt great in my cute "new" swim suit (the one I bought in Santa Monica last year. It was way too small, but on sale, so, so cute, and I bought it in hopes that I would be able to fit into it some day. In Palm Springs I was wearing it!) And, my new awesome hat. I should take a picture of the hat and post it cos it's so lovely!!

Anyway, with all of my self loathing and self disgust today I had forgotten the little things like the seat belt victory and my bathing suit fitting.

If ever I was going to hide my scale for a while, this would be the time! I'm scared to death to hide it and scared to death to stick to my daily weighing routine!

I'm sitting here with my gym clothes on. DH left 20 minutes ago for the golf course. I'm waiting on an update phone call from DS and my cell phone battery died. We have been talking back and forth all day because he needed advice on a life changing decision for him and his darling family. I just love how our kids still come to us for advice even though I always feel like they know more than we do and they are doing so well in all their decisions.

I don't want to go to the gym and miss his call, so I'm probably going to end up getting on my exercise bike and keeping the phone close by.

Luna, thanks for all of your wisdom and encouragement. Thanks for just being there, for answering my post and noticing me and caring about me. Right now it means the world to me. I'm handling my DD OK but I've developed a headache and I feel really "blah". Maybe 30 minutes on the bike will be a good pick-me-up.

Love you!!! You rock!!!
Old 04-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #51

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Omg just the fact that you think eating rice cakes is blowing your diet proves that you didn't blow your diet silly girl lol! Tomorrow always begins a new cycle. Forget it and move on, you will probably still see a loss at the end of the week and if not, then next week. In the end you will be a success story!
Vanessa
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
I feel exactly like you, Kissa. I am teary eyed and am so humbled by all of this. I really do feel it a privilege to be even a small part. "Thank you" to each one of you for your kind, compassionate, uplifting words and stories. I love you all. Can't add to this, but can certainly take from it.

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:39 PM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!

Luna: I went to the gym!! My phone charged up pretty quickly so I took it with me. I worked out like a maniac for 2 hours and then went in the outdoor pool. It was pretty cold, but I felt so much better afterwards. Came home and cooked some tilapia for me and DH. Just wanted you to know! Think I'll be sore tomorrow. lol.

Hope you are not too lonely!!
Old 04-22-2012, 07:10 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Wow.

i had to cancel all my 'multi posts'. 12 is just too many.

I am a bit busy just now with family visits because of my 95 yr old father in law's fall.

So........... I come back here to dear Luna's thread at midnight our time, and I am a bit speechless and a very tearful.

You are all such wonderful, strong and caring women.

I am so proud to be one of you. My journey has been so relatively easy by comparison to many of you that I am humbled by your strength and determination.

I am really lost for words, what I want to write seems trite somehow, and I want it to be so meaningful.

Who could have dreamt that a "weight loss forum" could be so powerful a tool in bringing us together?

Love you all.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:50 AM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Wow. I go away for a few days and miss this.

to everyone. I join Cindy in feeling honored and grateful to have found such a caring group of wonderful people .
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:34 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Msevon2
First of all, dont panic. Maybe your body needed some extra calories. I had one of those weekends. I had worked to get back on my normal schedule turned around so I could have a weekend and eat what I wanted and join in with my coworkers on Wednesday when they bring food in for employee appreciation day. So I ate what i wanted on Saturday. And more. I went to visit my friend, and she had oreos and I ate 6 or 7 she gave me on a plate. And then made a retreat straight home just to run into a bag of doritoes. they saw me come in the door. I tried to fight them off but I lost and consumed every one of those suckers. So yesterday, I got up and did my duty and had less than 500 calories. This morning I was rewarded with a 3 lb loss. And after all that salt. So just forgive yourself and go on. I have found several times, that when I lose controll, it I only let it happen for one day, I will recover and have a loss. So guess I just need more calories at different times. And maybe your do too. Just dont let it get out of hand. And Nancy, I love your statement, just love it. I am not losing weight, I am evicting it.

Last edited by Msevon2; 04-23-2012 at 05:36 AM..
Msevon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:58 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
Anyway, the moral of this long drawn out story is - love where you are! It is a much better place than where you were!

You are absolutly right!!! Imagine if we all loved oursleves when we were just 20 lbs over weight and just stayed there. I always think back of how silly I have been in my life. If I had only accepted my wt where it was I wouldn't have gained 60 lbs!! which is much worse! Unfortunately we always want to do better and get smaller and sometimes that back fires. Great quote!! I havent started juddd yet ( trying to finish hcg protocol) but I wish I knew about it 15 yrs ago!!!
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:00 AM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Oh, my, how I LOVE this group of budds!! thank you to all of you for such wonderful words!!!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:08 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msevon2 View Post
First of all, dont panic. Maybe your body needed some extra calories. I had one of those weekends. I had worked to get back on my normal schedule turned around so I could have a weekend and eat what I wanted and join in with my coworkers on Wednesday when they bring food in for employee appreciation day. So I ate what i wanted on Saturday. And more. I went to visit my friend, and she had oreos and I ate 6 or 7 she gave me on a plate. And then made a retreat straight home just to run into a bag of doritoes. they saw me come in the door. I tried to fight them off but I lost and consumed every one of those suckers. .

That made me laugh so much!! thanks!!!
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote