Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   YOU Told Me So... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/768528-you-told-me-so.html)

NoWeigh 04-20-2012 11:18 AM

YOU Told Me So...

...YOU really did!

I came here the last week of March, just before starting JUDD, a bit skeptical. I wrote and asked how many here had a “broken” metabolism. Do you remember I was concerned that this woe could cause a “quick 10-pound gain”?

I was afraid to try JUDD because I didn’t trust my body. I was paranoid about everything I ate, wondering what the problem was. I had been true to a low-calorie, lowish-carb eating plan for 13 weeks. With a tremendous amount to lose (over 100 lbs) I should have been losing 2-3 pounds a week. My average was just barely over 1 pound a week for a total loss of 14.8 pounds over 13 weeks. :dunno:

So, on April 1st, I started JUDD, honestly hoping I would not gain weight, just desperate to try to get my metabolism to do something more. I didn’t see how it could work, especially since I would average the SAME calorie count. Over those three months on LCal/LCarb I was eating 1500 calories a day. My JUDD numbers are 500/2500 which has me at 3,000 calories for 2 days. I thought if THAT works, then certainly it is MAGIC.

:jumpjoy:That was TWENTY DAYS ago, and today I am TEN POUNDS lighter than when I started JUDD on April 1st :jumpjoy:

All I can say (besides YIPPEE) is YOU TOLD ME SO!

Thanks so all of you who put in your time writing here with encouragement and telling of your experiences. I had no idea about this woe, and would never have known had I not simply stumbled into this forum. Hugs to you all!

P.S. I thought I would celebrate my progress by creating a 10-lbs lost graphic for my Signature. I drew up my own --that was fun!

sunday 04-20-2012 11:24 AM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::shake::high5: So happy for you!!!

Isn't JUDDD fun?!?! :love:

Love your signature thingie! I need to do one!

amywah 04-20-2012 11:24 AM

Thanks for sharing your story!! I have been reading these posts for the last 2 days and am thinking of giving it a try. I do have some doubts and fears... like messing up my metabolism or what will happen if I ever decide to change my way of eating.. Like if I lose 50 pounds and then decide to maintain on a regular clean diet.. Afraid of gaining it all back. Please continue to share your progress!

b_lou_who 04-20-2012 11:27 AM

love love love~:high5:

sungoddess 04-20-2012 11:27 AM

I DO remember your concerns and I am completely thrilled for you!! Like you, I thought my metabolism was broken, but this WOL does work its magic.

You have experienced an awesome loss!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::up::up:

sunday 04-20-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amywah (Post 15596844)
Thanks for sharing your story!! I have been reading these posts for the last 2 days and am thinking of giving it a try. I do have some doubts and fears... like messing up my metabolism or what will happen if I ever decide to change my way of eating.. Like if I lose 50 pounds and then decide to maintain on a regular clean diet.. Afraid of gaining it all back. Please continue to share your progress!

The great thing about JUDDD is once you get to maintenance or goal weight, you are eating normal, because DD is going to be 1,000 cals!!! :jumpjoy: Or something much higher than you begin with for weight loss. I can do that and will because who wouldn't for all of the benefits?!?! :sing: :cool:

sterlinggirl 04-20-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoWeigh (Post 15596833)
...YOU really did!

I came here the last week of March, just before starting JUDD, a bit skeptical. I wrote and asked how many here had a “broken” metabolism. Do you remember I was concerned that this woe could cause a “quick 10-pound gain”?

I was afraid to try JUDD because I didn’t trust my body. I was paranoid about everything I ate, wondering what the problem was. I had been true to a low-calorie, lowish-carb eating plan for 13 weeks. With a tremendous amount to lose (over 100 lbs) I should have been losing 2-3 pounds a week. My average was just barely over 1 pound a week for a total loss of 14.8 pounds over 13 weeks. :dunno:

So, on April 1st, I started JUDD, honestly hoping I would not gain weight, just desperate to try to get my metabolism to do something more. I didn’t see how it could work, especially since I would average the SAME calorie count. Over those three months on LCal/LCarb I was eating 1500 calories a day. My JUDD numbers are 500/2500 which has me at 3,000 calories for 2 days. I thought if THAT works, then certainly it is MAGIC.

:jumpjoy:That was TWENTY DAYS ago, and today I am TEN POUNDS lighter than when I started JUDD on April 1st :jumpjoy:

All I can say (besides YIPPEE) is YOU TOLD ME SO!

Thanks so all of you who put in your time writing here with encouragement and telling of your experiences. I had no idea about this woe, and would never have known had I not simply stumbled into this forum. Hugs to you all!

P.S. I thought I would celebrate my progress by creating a 10-lbs lost graphic for my Signature. I drew up my own --that was fun!

:cry: oH IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!:high5: Your post has broght a tear to me today.. i feel where you are coming from and the happiness of your sucess! :heart:

KeirasMom 04-20-2012 11:33 AM

So happy for you! I had all the same fears you had, and came to learn they just aren't founded with this WOE. WTG!!! :jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

mattsmama 04-20-2012 11:35 AM

Wow, this post is very touching. Thank you so much for letting us know about your success!! I can just feel the amazement in your "voice".

You have done a great job, and it appears this WOE will fit you just fine! (That is, until you lose a bunch of weight, and have to buy all new clothes!!:hyst:)

Congratulations on your loss, and all your future losses yet to come!:heart:

Beeb 04-20-2012 11:39 AM

;):up::clap: WTG and what INSPIRATION to anyone else who is holding back from starting JUDDD!

NOW, I want to know how you did that graph.....I want one!!! :clap:

NoWeigh 04-20-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattsmama (Post 15596875)
...(That is, until you lose a bunch of weight, and have to buy all new clothes!!:hyst:)

Congratulations on your loss, and all your future losses yet to come!:heart:

New clothes? Wow, THAT would be something! I hadn't even thought about that, it seemed too much to hope for not that long ago...now I just wonder when?

Thanks again everyone, it is so great to have a place to celebrate the little victories!

PixieKGirl 04-20-2012 11:42 AM

Happy Happy Friday!!! Great news!

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

northandcold23 04-20-2012 11:44 AM

That is awesome!!! Love to hear the JUDDD Magic stories!

mykidsteacher 04-20-2012 12:19 PM

That is totally wonderful!!!! I am so happy to read this. Now you can just relax, rotate, and rejoice in the losses to come.

And the 10 pounds lost are even more amazing when you realize that while you've been on JUDDD 20 days, you've only actually dieted on 10 of them. So you've lost 1 pound for every day you dieted!

NoWeigh 04-20-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15596882)
;) NOW, I want to know how you did that graph.....I want one!!! :clap:

How I made it...yikes, let's see if I can remember the steps. I looked through Google images to see what a digital scale readout might look like. Then, I used Photoshop, opened a new document, set the size to 500 x 100 pixels (the max sig size here). I drew a black rectangle, then another rectangle with rounded corners which I tried to color to look like a digital scale face. I used the Layer Effect of Bevel and Emboss. I searched the internet and found a Digital LED type font which I downloaded for free. Don't remember where, but it is called "Digital 7", and it should be easy to find. I then added the digital style numbers using that font. I added the Text "I Swear..." in another font. To create the background color, to be the same as this BB, I sampled the color in Photoshop and applied that color to my graphics background. When done, I chose "Save for Web" creating a jpeg file, uploaded through the User Control Panel as usual.

dasiey 04-20-2012 12:44 PM

awesome

sdjade 04-20-2012 01:09 PM

10lbs in 20 days! Amazing! ::jumpjoy: Congratulations, you are doing great!

:heart: the graphic!

ellgee 04-20-2012 01:17 PM

Incredible!!!

Congratulations on such a fine loss!!!

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

arkie1 04-20-2012 01:26 PM

You are truly :sing: JUDDD! Congratulations on the weight loss, and on just the pure joy I "hear" in your post!

Carole

NoWeigh 04-20-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arkie1 (Post 15597185)
...You are truly JUDDD!..

Are you familiar with the Star Wars character Yoda, a Jedi Master? He says, "Try not. Do or Do not. There is no try."

I'm working toward becoming a JUDD-i Master! :laugh:

theredhead 04-20-2012 02:15 PM

I'm so happy for you! I am still amazed at my losses, as well, and the healing that has taken place for me with my metabolism. I bet it'll happen for you, too! :clap:

NoWeigh 04-20-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theredhead (Post 15597311)
I'm so happy for you! I am still amazed at my losses, as well, and the healing that has taken place for me with my metabolism. I bet it'll happen for you, too! :clap:

Thank you, AND....YOUR LOSSES ARE AMAZING! It is so incredible to actually be in touch with people who have had weight loss success. It makes me realize that the ONLY thing that stands between me, and me at a "Reasonable" weight is time.

sorenkkg 04-20-2012 03:01 PM

Well done NoWeigh!

I started on April 1st also! Isn't this amazing :D dieting for 10 out of 20 days (well, I had a medium day, so 10.5) and I've lost 7lbs.

Love your sig, and Judd-i master is FUNNY! :D

Wonder what the rest of the month will reveal, eh?

:) Soren

Sheridan 04-20-2012 03:23 PM

I am so, SO happy for you!! :hugs::jumpjoy: I remember your initial skepticism and am just thrilled you took a chance on this wonderful way of living! You are going to get slim and trim dieting only half the time! :D

10 lbs!! In 20 days!! :jumpjoy: :jumpjoy:

kimberino 04-20-2012 05:59 PM

What a great success story - congratulations! The thing I love about JUDDD is this site - nobody gets tired of answering our questions or calming our fears. I started around the same time as you, fearing I had a broken metabolism, and the one and ONLY reason I tried JUDDD was because of all the wonderful and encouraging JUDDD BUDDDs. KUTGW!

TryingJudd 04-20-2012 06:26 PM

Awesome loss!! Congrats!

sazzie 04-20-2012 06:44 PM

It just tickles my heart to read all the excitement in your post.

You have boarded the success train!!! :)

Luna Loca 04-20-2012 07:03 PM

Congratulations, sweetie!! Ten pounds in 20 days! That has got to be some kind of record!!

You're on your way. :welcome:

cuttie99 04-20-2012 07:39 PM

Congrats! i can totally understand your fear. I am trying to learn all I can before i jump unto the JUDDD train myself!! It sounds too good to be true!!!:jumpjoy:

Momto2boysNJ 04-20-2012 07:52 PM

That is just SO AWESOME!!!!!! WTG!!!!