Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 11:36 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amywah
Stats: 197/184/130
Intrigued but unsure

I like the sounds of JUDDD but I feel a little uneasy in how the down days would affect my energy levels (starting a new job in retail.. on my feet. ALL day) and just overall health. I am doing some more research before I decide to give it a try.
amywah is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2012, 11:38 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Oh, also unsure about sticking to exercise while following this.. do you guys exercise on your down days? Only on up days?
Old 04-20-2012, 07:10 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
I was concerned about my energy levels and stamina on DDs, too... before I started JUDDD. We recently moved and I've been outside almost every day in the garden and landscaping the yard. This includes a *lot of shovel digging, raking, cutting branches and hauling them to the front curb, picking up multiple heavy bags of manure and mulch, etc. I've been getting a good workout even on my DDs and my energy is very good, through the roof on some DDs. I'm not a spring chicken, either (57), and it kind of surprised me (understatement). In two days I'll have been on JUDDD for one month and most of my DDs are total fasting days. I didn't initially plan on fasting on DDs, it just sorta happened that way and I feel great, so why not? But some people need to eat.

There were several things I thought would happen with JUDDD (being starved on DDs, no energy on DDs, to name my biggest concerns) that simply have not been a problem for me. When I was doing low carb all the time I needed plenty of fats in my diet to keep me satiated and energized, and many times before a big day full of physical activity I'd have a couple of eggs fried in butter or bacon fat and I'd be good to go for a long time, but everyone is so different and you might not want to use up so many calories in a chunk like that. The key is to know your body and plan accordingly.

I hope you give JUDDD a go and wish you success with this amazing way of eating/way of life!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:17 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I have more energy all day on DD's than on UD mornings. I am drained until noon, then I start picking up. I work all day plus do 1 1/2 hours of outside chores morning and night and I have no problems getting it all done. And I am 63.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:01 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Showcats
Stats: 193/168.6/150 5'6" Age 48
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 4/1/12 (177.8)
I seem to have more energy and tend to exercise more on my DD than UD. Not sure why because I expected the opposite.
Showcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:02 AM   #6
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I have more energy on DDs and always have had! I the energy I have on DDs!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:12 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
I suppose you won't really know how it impacts you until you try it. For me, the first couple of DD's took some getting used to, but now, like some of the others have said, I feel slightly more energy on my DD's. Maybe because my body is not busy digesting a lot of food!! And I do all my exercising on my down days and I feel just fine.

Give it a go and see how it works for you, and I wish you the best!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:55 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

I think I will give it a try. I really love the flexibility of it. I just dont want to cause any harm to myself it he long run. I like that there are no special foods to buy.. and I can still experiment in the kitchen. I am enjoying reading the forums here.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:21 PM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I am delighted.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote