Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Back from Palm Springs, wanna catch up! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/768479-back-palm-springs-wanna-catch-up.html)

Yam-Yam 04-19-2012 07:46 PM

Back from Palm Springs, wanna catch up!

Hi JUDD BUDDS,

Wow, I don't know where to start on getting caught up with what's going on w/ JUDD BUDDS!. Just returned from my almost week long trip to beautiful Palm Springs. :jumpjoy:

Sorry for being MIA! I was sure I'd log in when I got there, and at least do a JUDD BUDD drive by wave,:hiya: but just kept having too much fun and never even turned on the computer.

I plan to pop over to the Daily Weigh In Thread and update because I did take my scale with me. Might not get to it until tomorrow morning.

I did not stick with rotations and pretty much ate too much every day. :o:pThere was complimentary wine all over the place, and I know I had too much wine! More than I planned too, anyway. :stars: Not the best way to spend calories when trying to manage them, huh? :eek:

My weight pretty much stayed the same most days. I mean, exactly the same down to the decimal point the first 3 days which I thought was weird. Made me think my scale had somehow gotten broken on the airplane flight. So, finally I filled a big, heavy hotel glass to the top with water and got back on the scale the 3rd day. It went up almost 2 pounds! So, I surmised the scale is not broken! Yay!

OK, I gotta run right now. DH needs me. BBL. Missed you peeps!!:hugs::love:

JanetTN 04-19-2012 08:20 PM

I missed reading your sage advice and kind words of encouragement. Glad you had fun and look forward to reading your posts.

Beeb 04-19-2012 08:36 PM

:welcome: back, missed you! :cry::hugs:

Sheridan 04-19-2012 08:58 PM

We missed you, too! Glad you had a nice trip! :)

krow134 04-19-2012 09:13 PM

Welcome back!!! I forgot you were leaving!!!

I actually though of you today. I was taking my client to physical therapy and the car in front of us had the license plate that started YAM lol!!!

mykidsteacher 04-19-2012 09:17 PM

Glad you had a great time! I missed you too. Interesting about the weight. The magic must have gone with you. :)

Jbinme 04-19-2012 10:48 PM

:welcome: back! Glad you had a good time. I love Palm Springs!

MintQ8 04-19-2012 11:16 PM

Yay - glad you're back!!!

Sounds like you had an amazing time!!

gotitnow 04-20-2012 12:42 AM

Yay!!! You're baaaack!!! :clap: I somehow missed that you were gonna be gone I guess! (Not that it was any of my business!) Sure have missed your wonderful posts with that great personality showing through. Just glad you weren't sick or something! Be waiting for some favorite reading! :D

Phyl:heart:

mattsmama 04-20-2012 04:29 AM

Yay!!:jumpjoy: YamYam is back!!
We missed you!
Glad you had a nice vacation. Hope you feel rested and refreshed.

WELCOME BACK!!!!!:hugs:

sophiethecat 04-20-2012 05:09 AM

:jumpjoy: Welcome back, Yam! :jumpjoy:

Alcestis 04-20-2012 05:50 AM

Hurrah, welcome back! Isn't it great to trust that any vacation gains will be taken care of within a few days?

KeirasMom 04-20-2012 06:08 AM

:welcome: Back!!

Kissa 04-20-2012 06:12 AM

I had missed that you were going to. I was into panic mose, lol.

Lovely to have you back again, really missed you.

gotsomeold 04-20-2012 06:15 AM

:welcome: BACK!!!

I am so glad you had a grand time. I am looking forward to Yam-Yam's adventures in vacation (and weight-juggling) land!

sunday 04-20-2012 06:21 AM

Woohoo! YamYam, the great thing about leaving on vacation to have fun is that we CAN! :jumpjoy: Wine, food, excess and no worries! :sing::cool:

northandcold23 04-20-2012 06:22 AM

Glad you had a great time, and your weight leveled out just fine!!!

sazzie 04-20-2012 06:52 AM

:welcome: back, Yam!

You were missed, but glad you had a wonderful time!

Yam-Yam 04-21-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katiebubb (Post 15595341)
Welcome back!!! I forgot you were leaving!!!

I actually though of you today. I was taking my client to physical therapy and the car in front of us had the license plate that started YAM lol!!!

That is so funny! And cute!!:hyst:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mykidsteacher (Post 15595353)
Glad you had a great time! I missed you too. Interesting about the weight. The magic must have gone with you. :)

Hope so!! When I hopped on the scale this morning it was up almost 3 pounds! Yesterday was an UD, but still, no liking the number. :annoyed:

Oh, well. Onward.

Thanks for all the welcome back messages. I just love them!! You all are the BEST!!:hugs::sing::sing:

Luna Loca 04-21-2012 12:33 PM

:welcome: back.

I too, missed that you were going somewhere. I'm glad you had a good time! :)

sterlinggirl 04-22-2012 11:32 AM

:welcome: Back.. I MISSED YOU~ I m soo happy that you went and had a great time.. and with the JUDDD journey ... you already know.. A few good days and it will be gone in no time! II see you are very very close to goal also.. im sending you the "whoosh fairy" to help you get there sooner than later! :) :hugs:

Luna Loca 04-22-2012 11:34 AM

Sterlinggirl, she got the whoosh fairy and good!

sterlinggirl 04-22-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luna Loca (Post 15600931)
Sterlinggirl, she got the whoosh fairy and good!

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::high5::love:

Yam-Yam 04-22-2012 12:42 PM

Kimberly: I keep watching your stats and, Girl! You are melting away so fast!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy: Thanks so much for sending the Whoosh Fairy express Air Mail!!:hyst: I really, really needed her after yesterday's scale shock!! So, after being up almost 3 pounds yesterday, I was down almost 4 pounds today! Thank you! Do keep sharing WF with me. Let's bounce her back and forth for a while!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

One bad aftermath today (and Luna, I know you will yell at me!:dunno:). Today is an UD for me, right? But...I'm not hungry. So far I have not had anything but coffee and water.

Realizing that I'm afraid to eat!!! I don't think I can take it if the scale bounces way up again tomorrow. I NEED to get back to my new low. It's been weeks since I've been there. I refuse to change my stats up. My practice is to change my stats as soon as I hit a new low. It encourages me and is my vision of getting lower and lower. So far it's been working just fine.

DH is going to grill turkey burgers for lunch. I'm definitely gonna make myself eat a good sized burger on a whole wheat bun with pickles and ketchup and mayo. Lots of veggies and maybe brown rice on the side. That is, if I can get over this feeling that if I eat ANYTHING the scale will be up big time tomorrow.

Please talk some sense into me. I gotta go back and find the Ya Gotta Eat thread and read that and maybe go back to Dr. J's book. :help::aprayer:

sophiethecat 04-22-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam-Yam (Post 15601079)
Kimberly: I keep watching your stats and, Girl! You are melting away so fast!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy: Thanks so much for sending the Whoosh Fairy express Air Mail!!:hyst: I really, really needed her after yesterday's scale shock!! So, after being up almost 3 pounds yesterday, I was down almost 4 pounds today! Thank you! Do keep sharing WF with me. Let's bounce her back and forth for a while!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

One bad aftermath today (and Luna, I know you will yell at me!:dunno:). Today is an UD for me, right? But...I'm not hungry. So far I have not had anything but coffee and water.

Realizing that I'm afraid to eat!!! I don't think I can take it if the scale bounces way up again tomorrow. I NEED to get back to my new low. It's been weeks since I've been there. I refuse to change my stats up. My practice is to change my stats as soon as I hit a new low. It encourages me and is my vision of getting lower and lower. So far it's been working just fine.

DH is going to grill turkey burgers for lunch. I'm definitely gonna make myself eat a good sized burger on a whole wheat bun with pickles and ketchup and mayo. Lots of veggies and maybe brown rice on the side. That is, if I can get over this feeling that if I eat ANYTHING the scale will be up big time tomorrow.

Please talk some sense into me. I gotta go back and find the Ya Gotta Eat thread and read that and maybe go back to Dr. J's book. :help::aprayer:

Not Luna and hopefully she won't mind me butting in here, :) but when I read your post it reminded me of a fantab reply she gave Lou the other day, who was dealing with a very similar thing:

You gotta eat, sweetie.

I lose as often after up days as after down. It's as though my body needs reassurance that I will feed it for it to release the weight. Eating on our up days is what fuels the engine. Without that we just slip into starvation mode.

Have you considered hiding the scale for a couple weeks? It might help you relax into your rotations without considering the mind games the scale seems to be playing with you.

I had to have DH hide the scale from me for about two months early on in my weight loss journey. It helped, really! Might be something to consider.

Luna Loca 04-22-2012 12:55 PM

Sophie, thanks, I was just gonna type out the same thing to Yam-Yam! You're saving me from carpal tunnel syndrome! :hugs:

Yam-Yam 04-22-2012 02:02 PM

OK, BUDDs. I found two threads: You Gotta Eat and Please Eat (thanks, Beeb!!! and Sophiecat had some great stuff in there, too!)

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...gotta-eat.html

I'm only part way through the thread, but gonna keep reading it today.

Lunch is over. 45 grams of protein in the garlic/herbed turkey burgers fresh off the grill!! I had it on a sandwich thin with cucumbers and pickles and mustard. So far for the day: 455 calories!!

I promise I'm not going to step on the scale for the rest of the day (no matter how tempting). Tomorrow morning? I'll hop on for one second. Record it. Remind myself that it's the day after an UD and I can have a really good, nutritious, low cal DD.

I'm doing 400/1900. Hoping by this time next week I'm going to on my way down again. I'm going to keep exercising every day. Already I look better in my clothes and I know it's the workouts.

DH and I are off to the chilly pool soon. I'm going to take my Aquafit water workout gear.

Thanks you two!!!!! You are keeping me on track and keeping me from freaking out! :high5: