Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 07:34 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/120/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Why am I the only one that thinks her DD & UD numbers are too low?

My weight is 116 and my goal is 110-113. JUDD says my numbers should be 1360 - 272.

Why am I the only one that thinks my numbers are too low??

I read all the time that many have trouble getting in all their UD calories but for me the 1360 are not enough.
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2012, 07:45 AM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
My weight is 116 and my goal is 110-113. JUDD says my numbers should be 1360 - 272.

Why am I the only one that thinks my numbers are too low??

I read all the time that many have trouble getting in all their UD calories but for me the 1360 are not enough.
The lower we are in weight the less food we need, unless we exercise heavily. Those numbers are about right, sorry to say. With me at 136 pounds, 5'5", 54 years of age and no exercise (which I put on the calculator so I won't overeat) my DD/UD calories (at 20%) are 312/1562. The DD number goes up with more of a % number but the UD number stays the same.

Weight/height/age/exercise all figure into that calorie number!

HTH
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Have you tried raising calories? Maybe add 100 - 200 on UD, see what happens for a week. If all is well, add 50 - 100 on DD, see what happens for a week. Go from there, inching up, seeing what your metabolism can handle.

If weight loss stalls or reverses, you back out in reverse too.

You aren't alone. Over time several people have reported better results with calories that are higher than the website calculates. Since those numbers are derived from averages, and the real number is so metabolism driven, the calculations are usually right. But, usually does not mean 'always'.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I agree, I am thinking you should try this! You shouldn't need to suffer if not necessary!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:51 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: casmira
Anyway, there's no pressing reason for you to lose weight quickly, you can't possibly need to for medical reasons, so why not put your calories up and do it a bit more slowly? No point in making life harder than it needs to be!!!
casmira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:24 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Wise words Casmira.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:41 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
The UD does seem low - but you are at a low weight - practically at goal.

I can't be certain - but I think that you don't need to be that low on your DD - upto 500 should still get you within the SIRT1 production.

However, if you are then only having 1360 on UD - perhaps you won't have sufficient bounce.

I personally think that anything below 1500 a day is 'starvation' - so your average calories are seriously 'starvation' in my book.

My suggestion is to go to 500/1500 - and I will say your weight loss will slow down -but you are not fat at this moment - it may take 2 or 3 months to drop down to your goal - but you will most likely a) be able to stick with the plan and b) not feel deprived.

Remember scales are but a number. The world sees how we look. I'm not saying your goal is wrong - but getting there comfortably is better than not getting there at all.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:44 AM   #8

Old 04-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #9

Gallery: Momto2boysNJ
Stats: 2 be Physically Fit
WOE: LC for ME!
i changed my down day to around 600 from 500 and try to eat closer to 1800 on a up day

and I'm losing again..
Momto2boysNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:37 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mainemom
Stats: 147/125/115 5' 1"
WOE: LC; Intermittent Fasting; Wheat Free
Start Date: January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MintQ8 View Post
The UD does seem low - but you are at a low weight - practically at goal.

I can't be certain - but I think that you don't need to be that low on your DD - upto 500 should still get you within the SIRT1 production.

However, if you are then only having 1360 on UD - perhaps you won't have sufficient bounce.

I personally think that anything below 1500 a day is 'starvation' - so your average calories are seriously 'starvation' in my book.

My suggestion is to go to 500/1500 - and I will say your weight loss will slow down -but you are not fat at this moment - it may take 2 or 3 months to drop down to your goal - but you will most likely a) be able to stick with the plan and b) not feel deprived.

Remember scales are but a number. The world sees how we look. I'm not saying your goal is wrong - but getting there comfortably is better than not getting there at all.
Yep - good post and advice. I'm at that point, too, where I've VERY close to goal. Sure, I could drastically reduce my numbers and get to goal more quickly, but why? I HAVE to think of this as a LIFETIME WOE or I'll be fat again in no time, low energy, poor health, depressed....etc, etc.

IMO, if we don't see this as a lifetime change, there is no way we will sustain weight loss. Haven't we all "been there, done that?" If there's one thing JUDDD has really impressed upon me (well, several things, but this in particular): it's good to not submit to every eating whim at any time. It's good to delay instant gratification sometimes. A good life lesson, not just for eating. And this does not mean we need to suffer and be miserable - there's always tomorrow. So up those cals, girl, and be happy while the scale drops (even if it's slower than you'd ideally like)!
"...had we been discussing disorders of growth - why some people grow to be more than seven feet tall and others never make it to four feet - the only subject of discussion would be the hormones and enzymes that regulate growth. And yet, when we're discussing a disorder in which the defining symptom is the abnormal growth of our fat tissue, the hormones and enzymes that regulate that growth are considered irrelevant."
- Gary Taubes, Why We Get Fat
mainemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:15 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Piccina
Stats: 130/111/100 (5'2")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: November 13/2011, restarted Feburary 25/2012
My numbers were too low to start, but I attributed that to nursing my toddler. However, it took a bit of tinkering around to figure out the point where I didn't feel deprived, but I still lost steadily. It made me get frustrated with JUDDD in the beginning, but I'm glad I got back to it and figured out numbers that worked for me. It was a little easier because I had rapid weight loss with the numbers on the website, so I knew raising them a bit wasn't going to hurt. The calculator gave me (with my starting weight) 1679 and 336. I had to up that to 500-600 and 1900-2000. Now having lost, I'm sure I have even lower numbers based on the calculator, and while I haven't changed my plan, sometimes I can't eat enough for either number. I don't stress if I eat less on my down day but on my up day I make myself eat at least 1800 or I have trouble the next DD. I still lose about 2 lbs a week.
Piccina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:41 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemom View Post
Yep - good post and advice. I'm at that point, too, where I've VERY close to goal. Sure, I could drastically reduce my numbers and get to goal more quickly, but why? I HAVE to think of this as a LIFETIME WOE or I'll be fat again in no time, low energy, poor health, depressed....etc, etc.

IMO, if we don't see this as a lifetime change, there is no way we will sustain weight loss.
Haven't we all "been there, done that?" If there's one thing JUDDD has really impressed upon me (well, several things, but this in particular): it's good to not submit to every eating whim at any time. It's good to delay instant gratification sometimes. A good life lesson, not just for eating. And this does not mean we need to suffer and be miserable - there's always tomorrow. So up those cals, girl, and be happy while the scale drops (even if it's slower than you'd ideally like)!
Yes, yes, and yes. This is exactly how I feel about where I'm at right now. I'm determined to keep pushing up at my calorie limits for the UDs even if my weight loss is slowed to a dead crawl at this point. I don't want to lower my calories because I don't want to eat at a lower calorie level in maintenance. I'm still seeing inches whittle away in my midsection so I know I'm still losing, even if the last 3 lbs refuse to budge.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #13

Mint, MaineMom, Piccina and Vilanteira, all such good posts. You all just get JUDDD.

This is for life and for years of joyous eating to come.