Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
It's been said, but I'll say it again-- UD calories seem hard to come by!

And I'm NOT complaining

I'm loving JUDDD, in my 3rd week, just finished today's DD, thought I'd go ahead and plan tomorrow's UD.

I'm only at 1781 cals

I swear, I don't think I can EAT more than this-- check out this plan:

B: try out the new DD OMM with the powdered egg white-- 112 cal
2T of rawtella -- 190
total: 302 (and 2T is a LOT of rawtella)

L: what I was going to have for breakfast before I realized I had to go to the office for a meeting
3 eggs
marg
low carb english muffin
total: 460 cal

snack-- b/c I need more calories and I do get snacky before dinner waiting for DH
3 slices of mortadella
120 cal

Dinner: braised/roasted beef ribs-- I'll try to get 10oz of meat off them, but we'll see
creamed spinach
some LC cheesecake squares
total (assuming the lean of the beef): 899.

I mean, seriously-- that's a LOT of food. I'm still pretty big, and I can have 2000-2200 (way upper limit)-- but this is just silly.

We'll see how it goes... maybe I'll have some cheese too for another 200 and that will be 1900 and that's got to be enough.

I know I don't have to eat all my calories, I'm ok with that. I just don't know how much I can leave off and still be ok with the following DD.

we shall see!

Soren

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Can you add a small salad with a generous portion of dressing to your dinner? How about a serving of nuts with your snack?

Totally understand where you are coming from.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:23 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
Isn't it depressing, how many foods come at about 150 cals?

I use real cream, butter, cheese to try to add in cals without adding volume.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:52 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Peanut butter, chocolate, wine - my go-tos!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:19 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Horsetrainer110
Stats: 189/177/140 then we'll see
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/15/03(then lost 96 lbs) 3/5/12 (now)
cook your eggs in butter and butter the muffin. Have a protein shake or milkshake for another snack or dessert.
Horsetrainer110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:30 AM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Terilynn
Stats: back to LC 1/6/14, going to stick to & make it
WOE: LC
hummmm
I am not having that problem - I am still getting too many calories on my UP.... I have to keep watching everyone's menues for good pointers.
Terilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:33 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Horsetrainer110
Stats: 189/177/140 then we'll see
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/15/03(then lost 96 lbs) 3/5/12 (now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Peanut butter, chocolate, wine - my go-tos!
yes to the chocolate!
Horsetrainer110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:06 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This might be my favorite thread ever!

Ok, I'll put some butter on the OMM before I put on the rawtella (do you know about this stuff? YUM)

I think some 3x brie (or 2x, don't remember what I'm stashing in the fridge) could be added to my snack.

LOVE the chocolate and wine ideas too!

BEST. PROBLEM. EVER!
Old 04-19-2012, 06:20 AM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Yesterday I had:

Banana
full fat cottage cheese

2 1/2 pieces of pizza
1 oz bag of Lay's classic potato chips

Steak
Butternut squash risotto
baked sweet potato

I still needed calories! 1 square of dark chocolate, 1 large glass of wine (more like 2 or more regular!) and more cottage cheese, and I ended the day 48 calories under my goal!

This is such a rough life!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:57 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nickicaps
WOE: Raw Vegan
I wish I had this problem Usually my UD (2200) don't seem like enough. crazy I know but I could totally keep eating beyond that.
nickicaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:26 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nickicaps-- I think it takes a while for the appetite suppression to kick in. Also, before going to JUDDD, I was doing LC and limiting my calories to about 1700-1900, so that's kind of my natural level.

I'm back on track I tried the OMM with rawtella, and switched up my "brunch" to have the LC english muffin with margarine, 2T creamcheese on one part, and 2 sausages and 2.75 oz of triple cream brie (360 cal!) on the other... DECADENT!

So, now I"m back on track. May or may not snack, may or may not have the dessert I planned for dinner, but I should land in the 1900-2000 range, which I think is high enough.

Thanks folks for the help, and I'll remember the tips for next time!
Soren
Old 04-19-2012, 08:47 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
I never - in a million years - thought I'd have trouble upping my calories. Ever. I am trying to stay low carb, so I use real stuff (cream, butter, whole eggs, etc.), but I think part of my problem is I just don't get hungry! And when I do, I'm easily and quickly satisfied. So, I'm sneaking in stuff like coconut oil in coffee, nuts during the day, etc. to get me up there. After going down on the scale 3 days in a row, eating enough on UD's apparently was my problem.

This is one problem I love having!
Old 04-19-2012, 09:02 AM   #13
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Give your extras to me!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:17 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Well can you have nuts on your LC food choices, if so.. MAcadami nuts for 10-12 its 203 Cal. I also use peanutbutter off the spoon two tbs is 190 cal.. and lil to no bulk in the tumy.
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:47 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Give your extras to me!!
I would if I could Beeb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
Well can you have nuts on your LC food choices, if so.. MAcadami nuts for 10-12 its 203 Cal. I also use peanutbutter off the spoon two tbs is 190 cal.. and lil to no bulk in the tumy.
oooh, more great ideas! I think on one of my first UDs, I had some PB on a LC dark chocolate bar

I looked at my DH and said, ya, I'm "dieting"
Old 04-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hatewashingup
Stats: 135/114/108
WOE: Juddd/Vegetable lover!
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickicaps View Post
I wish I had this problem Usually my UD (2200) don't seem like enough. crazy I know but I could totally keep eating beyond that.
yeah tell me about it. I could eat so many extra calories in chocolate, pb and nuts if I didn't stop myself. If I could have a day that would not contribute to my weight at all I reckon I could down about 5000 calories.

The thing that I find strange is, I have never been overweight, just at the chubby end of normal weight at my highest. So I find it surprising that some people here with a lot more to lose have trouble getting their calories in, when I have to restrict myself.

To those ladies, surely, pre-dieting, you must have been eating much more than those UD calories to gain a lot of weight in the first place? When did you experience a shift in appetite? Or was it just making the right food choices?

I just don't understand how people who weigh much more than me can eat LESS than me and not be hungry?

maybe I am just a fat girl in a thin girls body!!

JUDDDING and exercising my last few unwanted pounds away!
Hatewashingup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:16 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

By the way Soren that Rawtella looks AMAZING, but too dangerous for me to buy!
I'm sure I would eat the whole thing in one sitting...
Old 04-19-2012, 10:33 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Hannah! That's my middle name

Not sure what to say about quantity-- I do weigh MORE than double what you do

I have a couple things-- I tend to LC (low carb) and since I've been doing that, to different degrees over 9 years, I've found my overwhelming, constant hunger to have REALLY diminished. Sugar, processed carbs, potatoes, rice, corn...even oatmeal muffins (which I'd have about 6 per day on weight watchers)-- all contributed to my weight gain b/c they'd not truly fulfill me, and I'd just eat, then eat again, eat at night, etc. And the milk! I'd drink tons of skim milk, which is full of lactose-- didn't help my hunger situation.

Once I switched to LC, and was having more fat than carbs, my hunger just about dried up. I ate when I was hungry, and learned about true hunger vs "mental" hunger.
To answer your question, that was the shift.
I'm famous now for not being able to "eat all I can eat", so taking me to a buffet or a special night at the ribs place is basically useless

I could easily do 1700 cals on just LC, and was doing that just prior to diving into JUDDD.

So now I've been doing JUDDD for 3 weeks-- some days around 1900/2000 and others more like 2100/2200, which is my upper upper limit, and of course, my DD's thus far have been 500, but a couple even below.

I"m sure I could put together a free day that went over 2200 calories, like you said... but after all these years, my more common reaction to overeating (which only happens ever so rarely) is feeling really sick and nothing good comes from that.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Thanks a lot for your help Soren, its interesting what you say about true hunger vs mental hunger. I think that is my main problem as I do make the right food choices which keep me physically full, I know most of the time my hunger is not real hunger but just my desire to taste the things I enjoy...Even though I recognize the fact that I'm not REALLY hungry I still don't listen to that fact.

Sounds like you are really on the right track with your weight loss and I'm sure you will continue to do brilliantly.

Would love to hear from any other juddders with similar experiences x
Old 04-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatewashingup View Post
yeah tell me about it. I could eat so many extra calories in chocolate, pb and nuts if I didn't stop myself. If I could have a day that would not contribute to my weight at all I reckon I could down about 5000 calories.

The thing that I find strange is, I have never been overweight, just at the chubby end of normal weight at my highest. So I find it surprising that some people here with a lot more to lose have trouble getting their calories in, when I have to restrict myself.

To those ladies, surely, pre-dieting, you must have been eating much more than those UD calories to gain a lot of weight in the first place? When did you experience a shift in appetite? Or was it just making the right food choices?

I just don't understand how people who weigh much more than me can eat LESS than me and not be hungry?

This is me too. I am in the 150's right now, my ideal weight is around 135-140 and I could down 5000 calories with no problems. I ALWAYS have a monster appetite. I am really hoping that the JUDDD fairy will sprinkle her suppression genes on me very soon bc these DD are starting to make me feel depressed.

I just wish I didn't have to think about this stuff ALL THE TIME. I already am constantly juggling numbers around (being in terrible debt forces you to obsess over every dollar) and now I am adding caloric numbers to the "budget" and I just about want to give it all up. Arrrgh. Sorry, just feeling sorry for myself today haha

I am so happy to have this support group to turn to to vent, ask questions, etc. It really helps!!
Old 04-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickicaps View Post
This is me too. I am in the 150's right now, my ideal weight is around 135-140 and I could down 5000 calories with no problems. I ALWAYS have a monster appetite. I am really hoping that the JUDDD fairy will sprinkle her suppression genes on me very soon bc these DD are starting to make me feel depressed.

I just wish I didn't have to think about this stuff ALL THE TIME. I already am constantly juggling numbers around (being in terrible debt forces you to obsess over every dollar) and now I am adding caloric numbers to the "budget" and I just about want to give it all up. Arrrgh. Sorry, just feeling sorry for myself today haha

I am so happy to have this support group to turn to to vent, ask questions, etc. It really helps!!
I have been where you are with obsessing over every dime. Hugs to you my friend!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:27 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: babykinz
WOE: No white food
It was really hard for me to eat all my UP calories while doing LC....so I stopped doing LC.
babykinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/205/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! May 2013
Hugs to you Nickicaps ...

Wanted to add a couple more things to up the calories - cashews (yum!) and I have added the hard old-fashioned pretzels; 100 calories for just one pretzel, yes!
InTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:39 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

thanks for the hugs girls :-)

Cashews are great to add calories! Tomorrow on my UD I am so having those hard pretzels with some spicy honey mustard. YUM :-)
Old 04-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatewashingup View Post

Honestly, I am just glad there are other people like me in this world. I even started a thread awhile ago called.... I feel like such a glutton!! All of these people saying that can't eat all their calories and are satisfied at hundreds less than they are allowed baffles me. Why can't that be me? It simply didn't and still doesn't compute with me. I was wondering how people got overweight if they couldn't even eat to the levels that maintain them.

I have complete and total appetite suppression going on with JUDDD just as I did on LC and HCG. I completely fast on my DD's and have no problem. So I realized, for me, it has nothing to do with appetite. I just love to eat! I love to cook. I love yummy foods. I almost always can eat more. I know this isn't real hunger. In fact, I don't often experience real hunger.

I am trying to be as gluten free as possible doing JUDDD and I try to stay moderate low carb. I am not out there eating twinkies and red velvet cake and chocolate chip cookies. But I could easily eat 3,000 calories each up day and enjoy it without feeling sick. I eat coconut oil, macadamia nut oil on salads, nut butters, nuts,(love my Trader Joe's marcona almonds butter on all my veges, avocados, coconut chips. Any low carb product I make like almond flour pancakes always has a lot of calories due to the nut flours. Add in a little red wine and dark chocolate and I can easily go over limits. I rarely feel too full to not eat something that is yummy.

I am trying to understand what is wrong with me so I can fix it and be like the others who just can't get all the food in.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
i don't get it either, beverly...i could eat twice as much as my allotted cals on UDs...and yeah, it's not about being hungry....it.all.just.tastes.good!!!!
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:44 PM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
i don't get it either, beverly...i could eat twice as much as my allotted cals on UDs...and yeah, it's not about being hungry....it.all.just.tastes.good!!!!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:16 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Lower Carb/JUDDD
Gosh I needed this thread too!!

Been having probs getting in all my UD calories! I just cant do it lately, not hungry! And if I force it, I start gagging. I keep bouncing the same numbers, if I can get in all my calories I will bounce below.........maybe I need to break out the real butter too!!!!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote