Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 06:17 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tricialy
Stats: 196/151/130
WOE: HHCG
Start Date: October, 2010
2 Questions - adding in Carbs and on Maintenance

Hi,

I've been practicing JUDDD for about a week and a half - down almost 3 lbs. I've come to JUDDD after losing 60 lbs. on HCG - here are my questions:

1. (I think I know the answer to this one - it's hard to wrap your mind around a change after being LC for so long.) - After LC and then HCG - I've been having problems maintaining when I add carbs back into my diet - so the last week, I've been adding a tiny amount everyday - might be two club crackers or half a piece of toast - so far, I'm still losing - so it must be good. If I am planning on going to lunch with friends on Sunday (an UD) - and I eat a meal with more carbs than usual - that doesn't mess with the "magic" right - any weight gain would be water as long as I stay in my UD calorie range. I just don't want to "reverse" the 2 weeks I'll have into the plan by one lunch. I'm hoping that SIRT gene is kicking in!

2. This is a few months off - but when people mention going on vacation and coming back and getting back on the UD/DD rotation - do you go back to the weight loss calorie levels or the maintenance calorie levels to get those added few lbs. off? I know the rotation is a permanent lifestyle - just not sure what level applies after you are totally off plan due to vacation or whatever. (going on a cruise in mid June)

TIA - the Down Days the second week are definitely easier than they were the first week. You guys are awesome and so inspiring!

Last edited by Tricialy; 04-18-2012 at 06:18 PM..
Tricialy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
GReat questions! I am also post HCG and would love to know. Do people do ud and dd on vacation or just up days and relax and eat!!!
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:37 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricialy View Post
Hi,

I've been practicing JUDDD for about a week and a half - down almost 3 lbs. I've come to JUDDD after losing 60 lbs. on HCG - here are my questions:

1. (I think I know the answer to this one - it's hard to wrap your mind around a change after being LC for so long.) - After LC and then HCG - I've been having problems maintaining when I add carbs back into my diet - so the last week, I've been adding a tiny amount everyday - might be two club crackers or half a piece of toast - so far, I'm still losing - so it must be good. If I am planning on going to lunch with friends on Sunday (an UD) - and
Quote:
I eat a meal with more carbs than usual - that doesn't mess with the "magic" right - any weight gain would be water as long as I stay in my UD calorie range.
You're exactly right!! Magic = intact!

I just don't want to "reverse" the 2 weeks I'll have into the plan by one lunch. I'm hoping that SIRT gene is kicking in!

2. This is a few months off - but when people mention going on vacation and coming back and getting back on the UD/DD rotation - do you go back to the weight loss calorie levels or the maintenance calorie levels to get those added few lbs. off? I know the rotation is a permanent lifestyle - just not sure what level applies after you are totally off plan due to vacation or whatever. (going on a cruise in mid June)

TIA - the Down Days the second week are definitely easier than they were the first week. You guys are awesome and so inspiring!
I don't really have the answer for the 2nd question but someone who has done the vacay/return to rotation thing will be along soon, I'm sure. I've just been maintaining and changing things up as needed (throwing in other types of IF) for what's going on in my life, which has allowed me to maintain my weight.

So glad this is going great for you, Tricialy!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 04-18-2012 at 06:38 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:43 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Hey Tricialy!

1) No, carbs do not automatically turn off or wash away sirtuin enzymes. Watch your calories and have a fun-filled Sunday with friends.

As you have read on other threads, depending on how saturated your system is with the enzymes, you may 'feel' the carbs...or you may not. As long as there are DDs there will be enzymes.

2) I have a long way to go before maintenance. But in the past various maintainers reported going back to lower DDs for a short time to remove vacation induced weight gains.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:42 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 267.6/257/140
WOE: JUDDD/Paul McKenna
Start Date: 9 Nov 2014
On holiday (in WLM - not Maintenance!) I did try to follow the rotation - it wasn't great - but for the most part - I probably managed JUDDD calculator maintenance calories for me - or a bit less - more like 40 - 45% of my UD cals. I also practiced Fast 5. When I came back I had gained 2 or 3lbs - and they were gone by the end of the second DD.

I'm off on a cruise in July - now that's going to be interesting! Admittedly, I will have been JUDDDing for 8 months by then, hopefully that will mean I have a good amount of SIRT1 enzymes.

As for maintenance - well, people follow it differently. Some stay at 20-25% on their DD to give themselves total freedom on UD. Some up their DD levels to 'maintenance mode' and watch their UD levels.

The truth is that on holiday - I think you need to do your best - but remember it's a holiday. Even if you're in maintenance - if the weight goes up - you do a couple of lower DD on your return - and everything will be back to normal.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:30 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
I had a vacay week in March, and just ate whatever I wanted while there, and came home 1 pound lighter than when I went. Certainly can't explain that. I was in maintenance when I went. But decided I wanted to lower my maint range and lose 5 more pounds, so I went back to wlm calorie levels when I got home. Lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks. (it had previously taken 4 weeks to lose 2 pounds).

In general, I think if you gain on vacay, you will want to go back to wlm calorie levels for a couple dd's until you eliminate the gain, then return to maintenance levels (assuming you are in maint when you go of course).
Old 04-19-2012, 08:38 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I was in the same boat as you when I started JUDDD. I had lost a lot of weight with low carb, then hCG, but I was having a heck of a time maintaining. I started out doing 500-600 cals on DDs, and 1700-1800 cals on UDs. Adding carbs back in made the scales bounce, but the overall trend was down, and in a short time I'd made my goal. (I started JUDDD at 151 lbs.)

Then the fun began. I kept losing weight! I just went with the flow and found myself eating more and more calories on the UDs, but kept the DDs at 600. I still do my DDs at a strict 600, and I'm STILL losing weight (very, very slowly). All I can say is, JUDDD Magic!
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tricialy
Stats: 196/151/130
WOE: HHCG
Start Date: October, 2010
Thanks Laurie,

I don't weigh daily just because I don't want to see the scale bouncing while I'm adding a few carbs back in - a year and a half of HCG and daily weighing has me paranoid that if I see a gain - even though I "KNOW" it's not really fat - that I'll panic and want to stop.

My worry was - and I noticed this happening with HCG was the more rounds I did (and it was an awesome tool) - I was seeing bigger bounces everytime I went on a trip - though the weight always came off within a week with correction days and watching what I ate on other days - well, after my last trip in March, I couldn't get 5 lbs. off - I just stalled - I had planned to start JUDDD right after the trip, and then waited a few weeks thinking I could get back to my LCD, no luck - started that 5 lbs. up out of my window. I lost 2.6 lbs. the first week of JUDDD and was able to enjoy a roll at Logan's on an UD.

Thanks
Tricialy is offline   Reply With Quote