Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 09:27 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IThinkICan
Stats: 218/142-144/145
WOE: HCG-R5P4 JUDDD
Lurking... and Learning... Some Questions

Another HCG-er here... looking to end P2 very soon to enter P3... contemplating JUDDD-ing at some point in the near future.

I only really want to lose just a couple more pounds but can't get them all with HCG... because I'm finally getting tired of this round.

So rather than being interested in simply losing weight, I'm also curious about the maintenance part. How do you all handle real life? Like parties and vacations and spending time with relatives whom you can't offend when they put food (and more food) on the plate in front of you? (I married into a family of chefs... this is a real concern, as we find ourselves staying with such relatives for a week at a time.) It sounds like you still JUDDD to maintain (100% UDs & 50-60% DDs?) That's fine and dandy for normal day-to-day life, but for a full week here and there... can you just go with the flow? Or does it royally mess you up? HCG-ers know about Correction Days after a spike in weight... do any JUDDD-ers do CDs other than just a DD with a prayer?

I'm also concerned about the carb issue. I'm used to low carbing... I might get away with a bite or two of something carby here and there while I'm maintaining after a round of HCG, but anything close to a normal portion of carbs makes the scale instantly go up! I know there are other people out there like me. Hopefully someone reading this has this experience... do you ever have any luck with carbs while maintaining on JUDDD?
IThinkICan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2012, 12:38 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RebeccaSimpson
Stats: 174 goal 140 5'10
WOE: juicing and juddd
Start Date: 01/24/2013
Hi, I'm not juddding myself yet but will start the other week. What I just wanted to mention: p3 is no sugar and starch for 3 full weeks. You really should be doing this, also when start juddding right after you have ended hcg.
RebeccaSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:50 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
to both of you!

Let's see.

Carbs:
As Pami said, JUDDD is a structure within which you eat. If you feel best eating LC, then you eat LC. If you want to grow, harvest and eat only fresh veggies, you deal with dirty fingernails. If you want exist on exotic chocolates and carefully paired wine, you spend a lot of money on food (health-wise, this one is more than a bit iffy). JUDDD only cares about calories.

Over on the Main Lobby, and on most of the forums, you will find LCers whose weight loss is stalled or maintenance/health is in trouble. When they up their carbs, things straighten out. Other LCers slide along healthy and happy.

It depends on what each individual body needs.

JUDDD provides an excellent framework for experimenting. JUDDD can be a wonderful way to find out what woe is best for you.

If you feel best and want to eat LC or VLS or vegan or primal or whatever, JUDDD does not care. If you want to experiment, JUDDD does not care.

JUDDD only cares about calories. JUDDD only gives health and control.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:07 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Moving on...

Special Occasions
On big vacations, special events, I eat sensibly and don't worry about the rotation. I know when the vacation is over any weight I gain will vanish with the next few DDs.

Below is my opinion only. Others will have very good alternative suggestions.

However, if I frequently spend lots of time with "Fill your plate and eat every bite or I will be offended!" type people, I explain privately that for my health you are calorie cycling. Which means I may have to wrap up my slice of that wonderful cheesecake today and enjoy it tomorrow. There is something magical about the phrase 'calorie cycling'. Many noisy people shut up when they hear it. Memorize it. Prove it by living it.

After that, if someone still insists I eat blah-blah, I smile brightly and change the subject. It is rude to argue at the table. Let them be the rude one. I want to be the skinny healthy one.

I don't try to convince them. I don't argue. I compliment their cooking. I explain I am calorie cycling and today my eating is restricted. Most importantly, I do it. If someone chooses to put their feelings over my health, that is their problem. Not mine.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 04-18-2012 at 02:10 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:06 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
Welcome!! I am also a previous HCG er. I have been learning a lot. Click on the posts below and you can read the discussions I had. It appears that Juddd folks eat carbs, and don't do correction days because the DD take care of them! It looks like an awesome program. I am in P4 and have not started to add foods yet but if I run into trouble will be switching to Juddd. Good luck!

Gracie's Mind & Body In Sync

arose JUDDD maintenance
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:33 AM   #6
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
!! As far as food is concerned you DON'T have to eat that food item today, you can always have it tomorrow so that is what I tell people: I'm sorry, I'm stuffed but can I wrap that to go because I really would love to try it! I'll just EAT IT TOMORROW!!

LC or not, that is YOUR choice! JUDDD has only one restriction; that we watch our calories for DDs and UDs, period! Read here and just jump on the JUDDD BUDDD wagon and enjoy the ride with the rest of us!

IT'S SO SIMPLE....REALLY!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:48 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
If those vacations happen one on top of another, you might run into trouble. But if they are scattered, you can likely get by with just eating and taking care of it with a good rotation when you get home. I took a week off in March to visit my Mom, ate whatever I wanted, and came home 1 pound lighter. Weird.

Once the sirtuin enzymes are built up and active, they keep working for a time even when you aren't following the rotation. Obviously, if you never got back to UD/DD, you'd start gaining, but a few good DD's when you get home can take care of any gain from the week. We've had JUDDDers go on cruises and enjoy the food and adult beverages and be none the worse for wear within a couple of weeks after coming home.

And if you are terribly carb sensitive, it is likely a good idea to start JUDDD lc, and then after 2-4 weeks, begin adding carbs in gradually, which gives you a chance to gauge how your body responds to them.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012
Lots of great posts above and information. I am still learning but did find one thing about myself that might be useful. I used to follow LC because I was not able to control my appetite if I ate carbs and I gained weight at a very fast rate when I consumed them. When I started JUDDD I included carbs to give it a try and assumed that I would switch to LC when I started gaining weight. I ended up losing weight from a very stubborn plateau that I had been stuck at for some time. I also treated many of my UD's as celebration days and was over my calorie allotsment every time. I am now feeling "normal" towards carbs. I can eat a carby breakfast and I feel fine and I have not experienced the binges or weight gain I would have had in the past. (my Mother is finding the same thing). I am sure everyone is different but this is what I found.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:58 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
I just wanted to also say and congratulations on your weight loss!
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the warm welcome. I appreciate all the advice and personal stories. It's all very helpful!

It almost seems natural for me to go right into JUDDD for my P3. I'm still so used to what I can eat for 500 calories that it would be fairly easy with the food prep groove I've already been in... I might trade out a little fruit to add a smidgen of fat though... actually eat some dark meat chicken... oooooh... yeah, that's the stuff... or drip (not pour) some real ranch dressing on some salad. And I can take care of my non-sugary/non-starchy cravings on UDs - like more than a few drips on my salad... some cheese and butter on my veggies... ooh yeah - that I can't wait for!

I just stopped taking my drops... took my last dose last night (though starting to think I should've had one more dose this morning)... started to get sooo hungry today! I thought I'd still have something in my system for two days... apparently not enough! Eeks! So I'll finish up today, tomorrow, and Friday, and have my first UD on Saturday. That should be fun!

Thanks for giving me so much hope!
Old 04-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
I so Hope you enjoy this as much as the rest of us! Look forward to seeing you as you progress!!!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:00 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
ITIC!

JUDDD is simply whatever foods you want within the framework of your calorie allotment on UD and DD.

You will love it!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:00 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/147/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
JUDDD has been fantastic for me! I needed to lose only a few more pounds after I finished my umpteenth round of JUDDD, where I kept creeping back up a few pounds every P3. I added carbs slowly, but lost weight easily and am maintaining as easily.

I'm having a ball, eating anything I want on my UDs. I'm very, very strict with my DDs, and that has definitely been the key for me. I started adding carbs gradually, ignored the spikes on the scale, and watched the overall trend go down over time. I feel like my metabolism has been healed, and carbs really don't bother me at all. I never thought that would happen. I'm a very long-time low carber.

Welcome to the dark side......
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:15 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredhead View Post
JUDDD has been fantastic for me! I needed to lose only a few more pounds after I finished my umpteenth round of JUDDD, where I kept creeping back up a few pounds every P3. I added carbs slowly, but lost weight easily and am maintaining as easily.

I'm having a ball, eating anything I want on my UDs. I'm very, very strict with my DDs, and that has definitely been the key for me. I started adding carbs gradually, ignored the spikes on the scale, and watched the overall trend go down over time. I feel like my metabolism has been healed, and carbs really don't bother me at all. I never thought that would happen. I'm a very long-time low carber.

Welcome to the dark side......
I'm guessing you meant HCG instead of JUDDD in talking of your umpteenth round...

This is exactly what I'm hoping for! I'm getting excited! I feel like this method of eating is going to be good for me... doing it low carb (at least to start) I'm foreseeing really delving into a lot of healthy veggies and fruits on DDs, with some protein... without going overboard on nuts and cheeses which can sometimes bring my calorie levels overboard on P3... I'm likely to barely touch such things on DDs. UDs will be for that kind of stuff.

Tomorrow (Fri) is my last VLC day... but I'm entitled to some fat by dinner time... since it's been so long, I may just let my calorie level slip to closer to 600 calories, just since it's been so long (48 days), and I'm gonna want at least some heavy whipping cream or cheese or butter or something! (Traditionally, it's how I get through the last three days after HCG, setting myself up for a nice different dinner or evening snack to treat myself to at the end of the last day.) Saturday I'll let lose, at least in comparison to 500 calories/day! LOL... at least triple those calories! Woohoo! Then I'll keep calm Sunday... should be easier since I like skipping breakfast before church, and I'm thinking that will make DDs easier. Shooting for 500 calories on DD, at least to start (again, not necessarily wanting to lose much, but mostly maintain), 1700-1800 on UDs, which is apparently a common range for me in P3/P4.

This should be interesting as I blend my HCG P3 with JUDDD... if that bouncing ball does take me up above my range, I think I can come up with a CD that's around 500 calories... thinking 7-9 oz lean steak for dinner, plus an apple afterwards. It's interesting to see how JUDDD works with this because if there's ever a time I should need more than one CD, I'm supposed to break it up with a regular P3 day, so I could do a CD on a DD, regular UD, and another CD on a DD. I like seeing the compatibility between these plans!
Old 04-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
I think I can... I have been reading that post hcg users do NOt need CD's any more! I am excited about that. They say that the DD take care of the gained weight. Good luck. Haven't started juddd yet. Still in P4 and trying to introduce more foods. Since you are in P3 I am not sure about the 2 lb window rule.
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:22 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IThinkICan View Post
I'm guessing you meant HCG instead of JUDDD in talking of your umpteenth round...

This is exactly what I'm hoping for! I'm getting excited! I feel like this method of eating is going to be good for me... doing it low carb (at least to start) I'm foreseeing really delving into a lot of healthy veggies and fruits on DDs, with some protein... without going overboard on nuts and cheeses which can sometimes bring my calorie levels overboard on P3... I'm likely to barely touch such things on DDs. UDs will be for that kind of stuff.

Tomorrow (Fri) is my last VLC day... but I'm entitled to some fat by dinner time... since it's been so long, I may just let my calorie level slip to closer to 600 calories, just since it's been so long (48 days), and I'm gonna want at least some heavy whipping cream or cheese or butter or something! (Traditionally, it's how I get through the last three days after HCG, setting myself up for a nice different dinner or evening snack to treat myself to at the end of the last day.) Saturday I'll let lose, at least in comparison to 500 calories/day! LOL... at least triple those calories! Woohoo! Then I'll keep calm Sunday... should be easier since I like skipping breakfast before church, and I'm thinking that will make DDs easier. Shooting for 500 calories on DD, at least to start (again, not necessarily wanting to lose much, but mostly maintain), 1700-1800 on UDs, which is apparently a common range for me in P3/P4.

This should be interesting as I blend my HCG P3 with JUDDD... if that bouncing ball does take me up above my range, I think I can come up with a CD that's around 500 calories... thinking 7-9 oz lean steak for dinner, plus an apple afterwards. It's interesting to see how JUDDD works with this because if there's ever a time I should need more than one CD, I'm supposed to break it up with a regular P3 day, so I could do a CD on a DD, regular UD, and another CD on a DD. I like seeing the compatibility between these plans!
Firstly, I need to congratulate you on your losses with protocol.

I did 5 rounds of HHCG and the last 3 were for the same 10 lbs. All my rounds were long ones (40) days. That LDW seemed unattainable by the time I was in my 4th month of P4!!

Only when I started JUDDD did I lose down to goal and now am in maintenance.

Your plan ahead sounds quite interesting incorporating P3 w/JUDDD.

I'm sort of liking the idea of incorporating a correction day, but only if needed, every other day especially since starting P3. If you were in P4, as I was, then I would think differently, but I think your plan is quite doable and I'm here wishing you much success in your journey.

Gracie's Journal

Last edited by sazzie; 04-19-2012 at 03:25 PM..
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/147/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
LOL, a slip of the fingers. I DID mean hCG instead of JUDDD.

Remember that JUDDD doesn't dictate WHAT you eat, only the number of calories, so doing a "CD" isn't necessary. Eat your DD calories only, of whatever foods you choose, and the weight will stay down. Trust the process. It really works!
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

I'll only worry about CDs if I'm above my allowable P3 range... as long as I see a bunch of ups and downs regularly, I'll probably not sweat it after these next three weeks. I'm hoping to become a more of a regular JUDDD-er after these three weeks of P3. I'm actually just hoping to get my body used to my new range, and maybe I'll lower my DDs if necessary to get down just a few more pounds. Mostly I just want to ease my body into the concept of more normal eating, not constantly having to be worried about carbs and weight gain with them. It has been a hindrance to normal social situations and I don't want to live the rest of my life this way.

Thanks for the congratulations. It does feel good to see how far I've come. Atkins a little, and then HCG... they got me down far! (And Low Carb Friends have helped a lot along the way.)

I remember when I finally got brave enough to see the scale and saw that 218... I remember the shock... the dreaming about getting down to 157, which is where I was when I found out I was pregnant for the first time.... and I finally got there after several years of trying and losing hope, then trying again and again... getting lower and lower with eat attempt... And then I got further down! I NEVER would have thought I'd be in the 140s again back when I was 218. My BMI is currently "normal" - a while back, I just assumed I'd always be overweight, if not obese - as if it were just in my genes. I almost don't even believe I am where I am... makes me feel so silly to even complain about not getting down to my new 145 goal because 147 is already so incredible!