Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   WOW!! Easiest DD since I started! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/768174-wow-easiest-dd-since-i-started.html)

Becky 04-17-2012 03:54 PM

WOW!! Easiest DD since I started!

For those who are struggling with DDs, it looks like it really does get easier! I only had 1 coffee (60) until 3:00 (along with Diet Pepsi and iced tea...0 calorie) then I had a small salad (170), 2 pieces of turkey lunchmeat (15), 1 cup of chicken broth (5) and a frozen meal (140). I feel nice and full and didn't go overboard. My son's chomping on a chocolate filled Twinkie didn't even phase me! I AM having one of those Twinkies tomorrow though!!! :D

northandcold23 04-17-2012 03:57 PM

Thinking about a chocolate filled Twinkie, never had one, but now quite interested lol

Glad you had a great DD!

Becky 04-17-2012 04:09 PM

I had one on my last UD (they are only 160 cals, which shocked me!), they are pretty good as far as Twinkies go. :up: they actually make regular old Twinkies taste dull.

northandcold23 04-17-2012 04:10 PM

I will have to look for them - my husband is the eater of such snacks in our home, but he never asks for Twinkies - however, I am sure if they appeared in the house, he would not turn his nose up. :laugh:

Lianora Mosswood 04-17-2012 04:51 PM

That's terrific about your good DD. I have just come to that point myself at week 9. How long have you been doing JUDDD (inquiring minds want to know)?

Becky 04-17-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lianora Mosswood (Post 15588672)
That's terrific about your good DD. I have just come to that point myself at week 9. How long have you been doing JUDDD (inquiring minds want to know)?

Since March 26th so thats what 3 weeks or so...

I know all DDs will not be this easy, but I really hope they are! :laugh:

I have been hearing/reading a lot about week 9 magic and really hope it's going to happen to me....time will tell, because I'm seriously sticking to JUDDD for the long run! :)

Beeb 04-17-2012 07:03 PM

Yup, it gets better and better! :up: Maybe not always easy but very doable! :high5:

Sheridan 04-17-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 15588692)
Since March 26th so thats what 3 weeks or so...

I know all DDs will not be this easy, but I really hope they are! :laugh:

I have been hearing/reading a lot about week 9 magic and really hope it's going to happen to me....time will tell, because I'm seriously sticking to JUDDD for the long run! :)

:up: Me, too. I can't imagine ever even considering anything else.

I'm so glad you're seeing success, Becky! :hugs:

sorenkkg 04-17-2012 08:05 PM

Good news Becky!

Question-- do you think it has to do with the caffeine? Is that something you do or don't normally do?

I'm asking b/c on Monday, I had a huge cup of green tea first thing at work, which I *don't* usually do. I found the rest of the day really easy, compared to the previous DD.

I'm also relatively new to JUDDD, and am learning as I go along.

:) Soren

mttemple4 04-17-2012 08:40 PM

That's fantastic, Becky! I'm around the three week mark and have noticed something similar. Woo hoo!!!

stargazer 04-18-2012 05:38 AM

Great. I'm finding the same after the Easter break where every day was an up day for 10 days!

Before it was always a struggle and I felt real hungry. This week so far I've had no problems at all and was actually under 500 cals. I'm tall and fairly fit and active so that's a struggle for me.

So two weeks JUDDDing and a break seems to have made the magic happen.

Terilynn 04-18-2012 05:42 AM

That is great to hear. I am on my 3rd DD and don't anticipate that ease. It would be FANTASTIC though.

So - 9 weeks eh.

I know I am eating too much on my up days right now also, but I figure it will all get easier and better the longer I go. My DH really eats too much on his UD, but I don't want to rag him or he will quit on me. I guess - as they say - "baby steps".

TryingJudd 04-18-2012 08:24 AM

Here's a DD tip I thought I would share and will have to follow myself for DDs from now on - Don't Visit Pinterest!!! OMG the food photography and decadent, mouth watering desert recipes are making this my worst DD since I started. Starving right now although that could be hormonal as well.

Becky 04-18-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TryingJudd (Post 15590330)
Here's a DD tip I thought I would share and will have to follow myself for DDs from now on - Don't Visit Pinterest!!! OMG the food photography and decadent, mouth watering desert recipes are making this my worst DD since I started. Starving right now although that could be hormonal as well.

I've been looking mostly at clothes and shoes on Pinterest lately but I know what you mean about the food! :stars: there ar som Yummy, YUMMY looking desserts posted over there! :yummy:

Becky 04-18-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorenkkg (Post 15589147)
Good news Becky!

Question-- do you think it has to do with the caffeine? Is that something you do or don't normally do?

I'm asking b/c on Monday, I had a huge cup of green tea first thing at work, which I *don't* usually do. I found the rest of the day really easy, compared to the previous DD.

I'm also relatively new to JUDDD, and am learning as I go along.

:) Soren

Not sure if it's the caffine, caffine typically does nothing to/for me, I actually think hot liquids help no matter what they are, the broth always helps and coffee always helps, I'll try some hot tea tomorrow and see what that does.

sterlinggirl 04-18-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 15590604)
Not sure if it's the caffine, caffine typically does nothing to/for me, I actually think hot liquids help no matter what they are, the broth always helps and coffee always helps, I'll try some hot tea tomorrow and see what that does.

:heart: Now i have heard.(could be wrong) .. But caffine is an appitite suppressant.. and well not for all,,, but for me.. OH YAH!! Lived on coffee for years now .. any time i have ever felt hungry i drink cup of joe and its worked for me! Thank goodness too, its what makes my DD so much easier for me! AND :jumpjoy: Happy for you that your DD is getting more tolorable! Woot hoot!!:heart: