Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Feeling Conflicted (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/768156-feeling-conflicted.html)

melisa82 04-17-2012 02:25 PM

Feeling Conflicted
 
I've been low-carbing since the 27th of Feb and began Low-Carb JUDDD a month later...

For some reason today I am feeling conficted with what WOE I should chose.

Should I do JUST low-carb or should I continue with low-carb JUDDD? Or just do JUDDD w/carbs? Ughhh, just no feeling it today :(

I know I shouldn't compare myself with/to others but I do and I think that is part of my problem. I've been reading a lot of posts and noticed that there are people who are WAY lighter than me, who have lost more weight in 1wk then I have in my 3wks on JUDDD. Why am I not losing more? What am I doing wrong? Maybe, I just want too much, too soon.

I have lost almost 21 pounds in 51 days. I should be proud of myself.


Just my little rant for the day.

Stitch 04-17-2012 02:33 PM

Yes you should be proud of yourself! You've lost a lot of weight in a very short time. Your body can't continue at that rate. Also, I often find that that every few lbs my body needs time to rest and settle at a new weight. You just keep doing what you have to do and you'll get there. Sorry I don't have anything more helpful to tell you, best of luck!

pjsam1156 04-17-2012 02:35 PM

I'm sorry you are feeling conflicted. :hugs: So, 21 lbs in 51 days comes out to a loss of about 1/2 lb a day!!!:jumpjoy:
That's amazing weight loss!

I have been JUDDDing since November and have only lost 18 lbs! That's because most of the time, I'm eating the numbers I should eat to maintain instead of lose--which is my fault. I personally don't care how fast I lose (I have 12 lbs. to go), because I am THRILLED that in between losing, I can maintain so easily and have never gained any weight back!:)

I low-carbed for over 10 years, losing and gaining the same 15 lbs. I just couldn't eat and cook like that any more. So, for me, anything that allows me to eat and cook regular food and still lose weight or maintain is a Godsend.:love:

I can't make your decision for you, but I know that you have to do what works for you and use a WOE that you can STICK WITH!:shake:

I also know some people low-carb until they hit a bit of a stall, and then JUDDD and get going again.

I hope this helps!:heart:

KeirasMom 04-17-2012 02:36 PM

Admittedly, math is not my strong suit, but I get that to average 2.9 lbs/week. That's way better than what I'm getting. I think you're being too hard on yourself!

Kissa 04-17-2012 02:41 PM

Melissa you are doing so well, don't feel disheartened just because others lose faster than you.

Whether or not you choose to stay LC is up to you. But please stick with JUDDD. Yuu only have to look around this forum to see the joy that it generates as time goes by. You haven't even given it a month yet.

May I remind you that you only diet half of the time if you are JUDDDing. More so if you add in carbs.

One thing I can share with you from my experience on LCF. Those who chop and change their way of eating all the time are seldom the most successful losers.

Hang in there, give it time, this is not a race. You know this is good for your health as well as your weight.:hugs::hugs::hugs:

sunday 04-17-2012 02:41 PM

Hi Melissa,

You are ahead of me! :) :hugs:

I have lost 15 lbs in 74 days and I was feeling a bit discouraged. Then I realize,... I have at least done that! One thing that has happened to me and I will own it, is that I have had 6 MD in the last 30 days and my losses have slowed way down. I am keeping very close record of everything because I want to know where my sweet spot is and what could be causing me issues? A science experiment so to speak! ;)

I will give this one more month, and then I really may have to go back to see an endo just to make sure that I don't have something else going on...:confused:

Showcats 04-17-2012 02:44 PM

I agree. I think you are doing great! I have never done LC so I can't help you there but try not to get discouraged.

PixieKGirl 04-17-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjsam1156 (Post 15588173)
I low-carbed for over 10 years, losing and gaining the same 15 lbs. I just couldn't eat and cook like that any more. So, for me, anything that allows me to eat and cook regular food and still lose weight or maintain is a Godsend.:love:

:

This is me too. I got tired of doing induction over and over and over again. JUDD is working for me and I can see myself eating this way for a long time. I could never LC for more than 2 or 3 weeks.

I think your weight loss has been amazing!!! Were you losing 2.9 lbs a week with strict LC?

Pixie

melisa82 04-17-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PixieKGirl (Post 15588208)
This is me too. I got tired of doing induction over and over and over again. JUDD is working for me and I can see myself eating this way for a long time. I could never LC for more than 2 or 3 weeks.

I think your weight loss has been amazing!!! Were you losing 2.9 lbs a week with strict LC?

Pixie

I lost 12.2 pounds on just low-carb (one month) and then 8 pounds on low-carb JUDDD in 3 weeks.

I'm just feeling super confused today. Not feeling well mentally for some reason. Haven't felt this way since starting low-carb. Ugh. Hope these feelings pass soon :)

mykidsteacher 04-17-2012 03:10 PM

So 8 pounds in 3 weeks is 2.7 pounds a week. I think that is a phenomenal loss! And only slightly less than the 3 pounds you lost lc. BUT, on JUDDD you only dieted HALF the time! So of those 3 weeks (21 days), you only were dieting for 10 of them. 8 pounds in 10 days, yeah, I'd take that.

I say you stay and let the magic build up. Sometimes, bodies just need to adjust to a new weight before they can let go of more.

And usually, within a couple days of someone posting something like this, they get a visit from the whoosh fairy. Seen it happen several times. LOL

You really are doing very well.

KeirasMom 04-17-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mykidsteacher (Post 15588285)
So 8 pounds in 3 weeks is 2.7 pounds a week. I think that is a phenomenal loss! And only slightly less than the 3 pounds you lost lc. BUT, on JUDDD you only dieted HALF the time! So of those 3 weeks (21 days), you only were dieting for 10 of them. 8 pounds in 10 days, yeah, I'd take that.

I say you stay and let the magic build up. Sometimes, bodies just need to adjust to a new weight before they can let go of more.

And usually, within a couple days of someone posting something like this, they get a visit from the whoosh fairy. Seen it happen several times. LOL

You really are doing very well.

Guilty!! :hiya:

kimberino 04-17-2012 03:12 PM

Have a sandwich! lol, just kidding...I low carbed for the last 3 years, stalled tremendously this past January and started JUDDD just 3 weeks ago, adding in carbs. I've lost 6 lbs so far and am loving the fact that I diet half the time and still lose.

You definitely have to find what works for you. I've found adding some carbs back in, in the form of oats, fruits that were disallowed for low carbing, and whole grains, keeps me satiated much longer than strict lc did, but that's ME. I know I have the tendency to think and rethink this WOE, but I believe it's something that I will finally find "diet peace" with.

Good luck to you and hang in there!

mainemom 04-17-2012 03:27 PM

Hey Melisa - is there a reason you're in such a hurry? If you hadn't started a new WOE, low carb, or low carb JUDDD, where would you be now? Best case scenario: the same; worst case: heavier. Your weight loss is amazing! As for which plan to choose, choose the one that FEELS the best and that you know you can stick to for life. 'Cause you know that if you're just doing this as a "quick fix" to get off the pounds, but then go back to your old way of eating - probably Standard American Diet, like most of us used to eat, you'll gain it all back and more.

melisa82 04-17-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mykidsteacher (Post 15588285)
So 8 pounds in 3 weeks is 2.7 pounds a week. I think that is a phenomenal loss! And only slightly less than the 3 pounds you lost lc. BUT, on JUDDD you only dieted HALF the time! So of those 3 weeks (21 days), you only were dieting for 10 of them. 8 pounds in 10 days, yeah, I'd take that.

I say you stay and let the magic build up. Sometimes, bodies just need to adjust to a new weight before they can let go of more.

And usually, within a couple days of someone posting something like this, they get a visit from the whoosh fairy. Seen it happen several times. LOL

You really are doing very well.

Thank you. Never really looked at like I was only "dieting" half the time! I'm sticking around. Ya'll are stuck with me :)

shirlc 04-17-2012 03:48 PM

Way to go...great to be "stuck" with you!!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Kissa 04-17-2012 03:49 PM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

:high5:

sterlinggirl 04-17-2012 03:52 PM

Melisa ITs tough being a sucess story here on JUDDD.. You are a sucess story! You have lost weight and that is somthing that some folks can only dream of...I know for many years i was so confussed as to what foods to eat what not to eat due to many years of differnt types of diets... But now its all about how many calories but not like the old fasion way of counting either.. So :congrats: Keep goin and chose what you can live with the rest of your life.. That will be the key to keep ing what you lose OFF..If you can low carb for ever,, than stay with that and JUDDD cycling.. If you feel that you cant live the rest of your life with out things like potatoes. pasta. rice.. then id say go all JUDDD so you are able to maintain it at the other end of your journey! THink long term kiddo :hugs: and love ya girl Kimberly~

Lianora Mosswood 04-17-2012 06:00 PM

Congrats on the loss so far!

My JUDDD loss is not super-fast, my low-carb loss was not super fast after a while, but I feel better in many ways if I stay away from grains and a lot of other high carb foods. Fortunately, once I let that stuff pass out of my life, I don't crave it, so it is not a struggle to remain low carb for me. You might think about any other benefits you got from going low-carb and see if they make it worth continuing that path, because if you follow JUDDD reasonably closely, you will lose weight either way. The combo, FOR ME, is a completely do-able lifestyle.

gotsomeold 04-18-2012 03:47 AM

:console:

All of the above.

It sounds like something is not right and you are trying to pinpoint what it is.

If you have had brain-fog since you started LC, it sounds like the 'something not right' may be there. Do you take a multiple vitamin? How about vitamin D3 (and I do not mean D or D2 - D3 rocks). Maybe adding more leafy green carbs would help? What percentage of fats are you eating?

Beeb 04-18-2012 06:49 AM

:console: At times like this we need to ask ourselves "when is enough good enough"? :dunno:

Many have given you great encouragement and great idea/answers here so "enough" has been said and I can not think to add more but another :console: .

Now it's up to you to decide whether or not you have done a good job. When you decide you have the conflict will stop. :hugs:

Dottie 04-18-2012 06:55 AM

It doesn't have to be all-or-nothing, either.
You can stay lower carb if that's what you like, but have an occasional higher carb day.
Like any plan, you'll have to find the right combo that works for you as an individual :) (physically and mentally!)

Beeb 04-18-2012 07:09 AM

Here is something I would like to point out and suggest:

1st Mini Goal 215# by 5/31/12
2nd Mini Goal 199# by 8/1/12
3rd Mini Goal 160# by 12/31/12
Final Goal 145# by 2/27/13 1yr WOE Anniversary

This is in your signature and though a wonderful incentive to getting where you want to be these type time goals tend to back fire and create all kinds of :stars: in our head!

You are now 223.8 pounds (from your stats) and you are aiming to lose 8+ pounds by the end of May. Even though you very well may do this I have often told my clients that when we don't put a time on top of a goal we do we often times achieve much more because we take the pressure and expectation away from ourselves making that time goal.

I had a goal, but I never put a time limit on it. When it happened, it happened. I trusted I would get there sooner or later because I was THAT determined to get there. And I did, faster than I could imagine.

Sure, I had much less to lose than lots of people but a loss is a loss and even my struggle was BIG to me, no less so than anyone else. Putting pressure on myself with a "lost by this time" goal would have made that struggle overwhelming and I surely would have given up! :dunno:

Just my thoughts and HTH!

Sheridan 04-18-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15589796)
Here is something I would like to point out and suggest:

1st Mini Goal 215# by 5/31/12
2nd Mini Goal 199# by 8/1/12
3rd Mini Goal 160# by 12/31/12
Final Goal 145# by 2/27/13 1yr WOE Anniversary

This is in your signature and though a wonderful incentive to getting where you want to be these type time goals tend to back fire and create all kinds of :stars: in our head!

You are now 223.8 pounds (from your stats) and you are aiming to lose 8+ pounds by the end of May. Even though you very well may do this I have often told my clients that when we don't put a time on top of a goal we do we often times achieve much more because we take the pressure and expectation away from ourselves making that time goal.

I had a goal, but I never put a time limit on it. When it happened, it happened. I trusted I would get there sooner or later because I was THAT determined to get there. And I did, faster than I could imagine.

Sure, I had much less to lose than lots of people but a loss is a loss and even my struggle was BIG to me, no less so than anyone else. Putting pressure on myself with a "lost by this time" goal would have made that struggle overwhelming and I surely would have given up! :dunno:

Just my thoughts and HTH!

:goodpost: Lot of wisdom in that post! :up:

melisa82 04-18-2012 10:19 AM

I agree about putting pressure on myself. My DH says, that I always set myself up for failure, by expecting too much too soon. He is usually right :) He is wise. I put those numbers/times in my signature, so that I would have something to work towards...maybe, I should be less concerned with what the number is and more concerned with how I feel overall! I'm feeling much better today. Was having a moment yesterday.

I like the idea of throwing in a mod-carb day here and there. I would just add a few berries, maybe some full-fat greek yogurt and more veggies.

Thanks for all the support and advice, ladies!


Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15589796)
Here is something I would like to point out and suggest:

1st Mini Goal 215# by 5/31/12
2nd Mini Goal 199# by 8/1/12
3rd Mini Goal 160# by 12/31/12
Final Goal 145# by 2/27/13 1yr WOE Anniversary

This is in your signature and though a wonderful incentive to getting where you want to be these type time goals tend to back fire and create all kinds of :stars: in our head!

You are now 223.8 pounds (from your stats) and you are aiming to lose 8+ pounds by the end of May. Even though you very well may do this I have often told my clients that when we don't put a time on top of a goal we do we often times achieve much more because we take the pressure and expectation away from ourselves making that time goal.

I had a goal, but I never put a time limit on it. When it happened, it happened. I trusted I would get there sooner or later because I was THAT determined to get there. And I did, faster than I could imagine.

Sure, I had much less to lose than lots of people but a loss is a loss and even my struggle was BIG to me, no less so than anyone else. Putting pressure on myself with a "lost by this time" goal would have made that struggle overwhelming and I surely would have given up! :dunno:

Just my thoughts and HTH!


mykidsteacher 04-18-2012 10:56 AM

I'm glad I could be helpful in changing your perspective. Sometimes, that's all it takes--a new way of looking at something that's troubling us.

What if you had your mini weight goals, but took the time off them? Then you still have something to shoot for, without feeling like you 'failed' if you "only" lost 7 pounds by your first date instead of 8. 7 pounds would still be admirable in that time frame, and yet by not achieving the goal, it would completely negate any pride or joy you might feel because all you'll be able to see is the 1 pound you didn't lose, instead of the 7 you did.

Glad we are stuck with you. :)

sterlinggirl 04-18-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mykidsteacher (Post 15590663)
I'm glad I could be helpful in changing your perspective. Sometimes, that's all it takes--a new way of looking at something that's troubling us.

What if you had your mini weight goals, but took the time off them? Then you still have something to shoot for, without feeling like you 'failed' if you "only" lost 7 pounds by your first date instead of 8. 7 pounds would still be admirable in that time frame, and yet by not achieving the goal, it would completely negate any pride or joy you might feel because all you'll be able to see is the 1 pound you didn't lose, instead of the 7 you did.

Glad we are stuck with you. :)

:goodpost::heart:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:16 AM.