Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: casmira
Combining WW and JUDDD...

...for freaks who just can't stop recording and counting and pointing and logging!!!

I'm very new to this (just one down day!) but I'm got a plan and I wonder whether you veterans think it's utter nonsense? I want to use the down day calories from the calculator as a max and 20% of my daily points on the down days, and then use my daily points supplemented by fruit and veg (zero points) to reach up to my up day calories.

I've hit a real plateau with WW after losing a large amount of weight two years ago. I only regained one stone of it, but despite going back to WW, I'm really struggling so I hope this shakes things up a bit for me. I'm going to continue with the meetings as well, so that I get weighed at the same time each week, and use my bonus points on one free-ish day a week.

Is this OK? Or literally mental? I saw some older threads where people were planning to combine WW and JUDDD, but no outcomes from it, so I'd really appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!!
casmira is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
When Yam-Yam comes back from wherever she's got to, I'm sure she'll answer in more detail. I have never done WW, but I do know you can't count fruits as free with JUDDD because they are pretty calorie-dense, though it sounds like you're not planning to consider them free, but to count their calories toward your total? I'm pretty sure it was Yam-Yam who came up with a formula for how many calories = how many points or some such rocket science. I don't see why it wouldn't work as long as you're being meticulous.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #3
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
You may want to Google the "Wendy Plan." This was developed by someone who was doing WW but stalled. She cycled her points and then continued to lose. It may give you some idea about how to cycle with WW.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

In relpy to KeirasMom;

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm planning. From what I estimate, using my points alone on an up day would bring me in a little below the 1000 mark, which is lower than the JUDDD calc by some margin. So I thought that using the fruits and vegetables on my up day would close the gap there without going crazy on anything at all.

It might even force me to eat better than doing WW alone, where it's pretty neutral as to where you get your calories from. This way, I'll have to get some of my daily calories from fruit and veg, because if I understand this, creating a discernible difference between intake on DD and UD is crucial?

Last edited by casmira; 04-17-2012 at 12:23 PM.. Reason: Clarify to whom I was replying
Old 04-17-2012, 12:23 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
You may want to Google the "Wendy Plan." This was developed by someone who was doing WW but stalled. She cycled her points and then continued to lose. It may give you some idea about how to cycle with WW.
Thanks, I will do that!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IThinkICan
Stats: 218/142-144/145
WOE: HCG-R5P4 JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
That's exactly what I was trying to think of when I saw this post title! That's what I did a little over 10 years ago when I was slimming down for my wedding. I was doing WW with up days and down days, then let myself have something a little extra nice one day per week - like real pizza or a Chinese take-out dish. I lost 17 lbs in 3-4 mos.
IThinkICan is offline   Reply With Quote