Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 09:30 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lily
Stats: 221/215/168
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 1 2012
Calorie intake and scales

I keep reading posts where people are being advised to lower their UD calories - but then I find myself reading posts from maintainers where they say that they're still losing weight despite upping their UD calories, LOL. Which makes me wonder - is lowering UD calories actually required? Okay, I know - believe me I know - that some of us can put away double our allotted UD calories on occasion, maybe even more. But I don't reckon that many of us would continue eating 5,000 calories every single UD. In fact, I suspect that after a couple of weeks on the plan, the urge to overeat is hugely diminished because by then, you know that you don't have to eat everything NOW - that you can wait until the next UD to eat whatever it is you've got the urge to eat. Couple that with the fact that DDs seem to do a number on our appetites - it's an UD for me today and although I've eaten, I simply haven't been able to eat as much as I thought I would.

Am I mad to think that eating the right number of calories on an UD might be something that you start to do quite naturally if you stop using what the scales say as a reference point? That's the part that's easier said than done though, isn't it? It seems that loads of folk panic when the scales don't move downwards, lower their calories, find it hard to cope on the lower level of calories and give up on JUDDD as being something that works - when all that was required was a bit of perseverance and trust in the plan!

Scales are such evil things - why do we let what they say mess with our heads so much?!
Lily is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2012, 10:22 AM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily View Post
I keep reading posts where people are being advised to lower their UD calories - but then I find myself reading posts from maintainers where they say that they're still losing weight despite upping their UD calories, LOL. Which makes me wonder - is lowering UD calories actually required? Okay, I know - believe me I know - that some of us can put away double our allotted UD calories on occasion, maybe even more. But I don't reckon that many of us would continue eating 5,000 calories every single UD. In fact, I suspect that after a couple of weeks on the plan, the urge to overeat is hugely diminished because by then, you know that you don't have to eat everything NOW - that you can wait until the next UD to eat whatever it is you've got the urge to eat. Couple that with the fact that DDs seem to do a number on our appetites - it's an UD for me today and although I've eaten, I simply haven't been able to eat as much as I thought I would.

Am I mad to think that eating the right number of calories on an UD might be something that you start to do quite naturally if you stop using what the scales say as a reference point? That's the part that's easier said than done though, isn't it? It seems that loads of folk panic when the scales don't move downwards, lower their calories, find it hard to cope on the lower level of calories and give up on JUDDD as being something that works - when all that was required was a bit of perseverance and trust in the plan!

Scales are such evil things - why do we let what they say mess with our heads so much?!
For some maybe but not for this girl ! I have to count and I have even lowered my calories now that I'm not losing or want to lose anymore because, I think, my body is now settled in the weight I am now and is not burning as quickly as when I started JUDDD and I kicked it in high gear.

I could easily eat 5,000 calories every single UD, I just love food that much and I don't eat "naturally" but just EAT most times so I need restraints or I overeat, BIG TIME, even after 8+ months on JUDDD. But counting and lowering those UD calories has helped me to stay within my "comfortable" weight range for 6 months now. It's not fun nor easy at times but it's the necessary evil for me to feel great, look wonderful and enjoy my WOE.

And the last thing I have bold out in your post hits the nail RIGHT on the head: We need to trust and stick it out so the JUDDD magic can work and we can be rewarded with better health and weight loss!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 04-17-2012 at 10:27 AM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Lily, I agree with everything Beeb says.

It is unwise to assume that we here, on a weight loss board, are the best judges of what is a normal healthy intake of calories. Sad but true.

I do admit to having some Up days when I don't count my calories very carefully or even at all. But there are not that many of those and, most importantly, I am seriously into maintenance.

I still watch the scales, my size and the calories on both Up and Down days. I don't mind doing it either as I see a body in good shape and great health as my just reward.

Relax, rotate, rejoice, is what it says in my siggie, perhaps I should add recount.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:27 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lily
Stats: 221/215/168
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 1 2012
LOL, Kissa and Beeb, thanks for the replies. I guess I know deep down you're right - it's one of those triumph of hope over experience things.
Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:57 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Sad but true!! I could eat 5000 cals a day without batting an eyelid! I often find it difficult to restrict myself to 2100!!!

I love, and I mean love, Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon - but when I check the cals it is at least 1000!!!! How can 2 poached eggs (healthy!), an English Muffin (relatively healthy if you're not watching carbs), wonderful smoked salmon (great for the brain!) and a little (and often it is a little) bit of hollandaise be that much!! (Yes, I know hollandaise is basically butter!!)

So, Eggs Benedict & Coffee For Brekkie
Health Chicken Salad for lunch (hahahahaha - they're often full of mayo and nuts etc)
Coffee & biscuit
Steak, Salad & Chips and some vino

You're looking at just over 3000 cal. I could easily sneek in some cheese and crackers - and maybe some olives and nuts!!

Ooh yes - and I love premade Fruit smoothies.

I truly could eat like that most days - I did probably and thought I wasn't eating that badly - 2 salads, good steak, eggs, nuts and olives.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Vicky.. From the above food selection i can see where the numbers can add up.. I think where i have the problem with getting all my caloires in for the day is because i choose certain foods that are to low ( if there is such a thing) in calories. IE Veggys.. berrys. Lean chicken, turkey and so on.. It actually harder for me to swtich my brain into thinking about other food choices from a life time of trying to make healthy "diet" choices.. BUT!!! Some day i will over come the fear of eating my cake and JUDDDing too lmao
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote