Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 03:44 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Sunday, you are my hero

In a different post, Sunday questioned whether I am actually able to semi-fast most of UD then eat my most of my calculated calories in one meal. I flippantly replied 'sure, NP'.

Sunday, you got me thinking. My UD bounces have dropped to a few ounces and my weight loss has slowed way down.

Yesterday (UD) I paid attention to what I was doing. Cooked a lovely, rich chicken/brown rice pilaf and big salad for dinner. Measured and weighed all ingredients. Measured and weighed my dinner portion. Perfect calories for my UD meal.

Except ...

Except, after all that work, I went on automatic pilot and ate less than half. I realized it as I was scraping the plates. And I thought back to the last few UDs. There is a pattern here. A pattern that has me way below my needed UD calories. A pattern that not even a glass of wine and a chocolate can fix.

Next UD, I plan to eat lunch.

Thank you Sunday! I think my weight loss should get back on track now.

Has anyone else gotten caught in the automatic pilot + appetite suppression trap?
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 04-17-2012 at 03:46 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2012, 05:07 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/116/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
In a different post, Sunday questioned whether I am actually able to semi-fast most of UD then eat my most of my calculated calories in one meal. I flippantly replied 'sure, NP'.

Sunday, you got me thinking. My UD bounces have dropped to a few ounces and my weight loss has slowed way down.

Yesterday (UD) I paid attention to what I was doing. Cooked a lovely, rich chicken/brown rice pilaf and big salad for dinner. Measured and weighed all ingredients. Measured and weighed my dinner portion. Perfect calories for my UD meal.

Except ...

Except, after all that work, I went on automatic pilot and ate less than half. I realized it as I was scraping the plates. And I thought back to the last few UDs. There is a pattern here. A pattern that has me way below my needed UD calories. A pattern that not even a glass of wine and a chocolate can fix.

Has anyone else gotten caught in the automatic pilot + appetite suppression trap?
WOW!!! Makes me wonder big time! My weight loss is slow so maybe i too should be doing "something" different! Now have to find just what that is!!

leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:13 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Well, that is interesting Nancy. It is easy to become overconfident and assume that we are on familiar ground and can just 'go with the flow'.

Stopping and examining our eating patterns and our calorie intake is so wise.

Will be interested to see if the losses speed up again. While it is not a race, we all enjoy the downward movement of our scales.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:32 AM   #4
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:

Except ...

This is what I have found happening to me, also. I have to eat, and actually more than I have been eating because my body is starting to hold onto the few extra pounds I'm trying to get off. If I eat right up to and a little above both my UD/DD numbers I lose weight. Stay below by even just 100 and I'm staying the same or gaining a bit.

Guess my "You Gotta Eat" even applies to me! Thanks for posting this, I am glad to see someone else observing the same things as I am! It's when I "over think" and "try" too hard to make this WOE perfect is when I don't get the results I'm use to.

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:16 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Yep, fall into it ALL.THE.TIME. It is a huge struggle for me to get my UD calories in. Huge. But it is also a struggle to stay at 600 or so on a DD.

I am so perfectly content at about 1000-1100 calories. Not too full, not hungry. Without grain/sugar carbs it is just really hard to get the numbers up. And when I try adding a bit of grain, even whole grain, I get bloated and gassy. Had a baked potato the other night with supper and was totally underwhelmed with it. Just tasted mealy and yuck. LOL

So you reminded me I need to make my almond butter coconut bark. And plan some snacks so I don't have to stuff myself at dinner. Thanks!
Old 04-17-2012, 07:24 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Nancy and Beeb, glad you have looked closer into this and found the thing to work on - now you're on track again!

And Yayyyy for Sunday!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:29 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I am a daily scientific experiment with JUDDD!

The main reason I asked you that, is because I am trying to concentrate on daily exercise so much, that I find on UD, it is a nuisance and dowright difficult to eat 2 or 3 meals and also get my workday accomplished plus exercise!

I have to laugh because when I first saw this thread, I thought you were talking to the day of the week, "Sunday"!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:43 AM   #8

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Respect your calorie numbers. Respect your calorie ceilings.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:53 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: 8/18/14
Yet another encouraging thread! I'm assuming my Sirt1 gene has kicked in because apparently I've been satisfied with not much above my DD calories on an UD.

So, as I've been posting, I'm watching those UD calories to make sure I eat enough. DD's are (typically) no problem anymore (watch tomorrow be a killer ).
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hatewashingup
Stats: 135/114/108
WOE: Juddd/Vegetable lover!
Start Date: January 2012
Still waiting for the day I can say its hard for me to get my UD calories in like some of you more experienced ladies...I love my chocolate and red wine too much!!
Hatewashingup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spank'd
Stats: 223/217/145
Start Date: Restarted 1/11/14
For me it depends on what I eat and when I eat.

On up days, I can go until lunch without eating, or even longer, no problem. But I KNOW I need to eat, so I start early, even though I don't really want to.

Then once I start eating, it's easier to keep going. Many times I go over, because I'll allocate a certain amount of cals left for dinner, and then DH says "I want to go out for dinner".

That usually blows the total for the day. Happens way too often, but this isn't a race, either. I'm still very happy with my losses.
Spank'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Yes to this thread!

There have been a few times when my UD calories were so low because of lack of hunger that I actually started to gain! Horrors! I'm talking in the 1000 calorie range! That's just crazy!!

Normally, I have to contain myself on UDs simply because I can overeat very easily, but now on those days when hunger is non-existent, I now supplement with a couple of tbsp of peanut butter or some other high caloric food.

When Pat said to respect those numbers, I listened!!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
From day one I have always counted everything that goes in my mouth whether UD or DD (unless out of town or other circumstances) . I definitely have had the appetite supression but am much more likely to go over than be under where I need to be!!

Phyl
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:48 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Chuckle, apparently I literally need to watch my lips to make sure the planned food actually does get eaten.

Except for days like today - the infamous 'starving' DD. NP remembering to eat today. Just can't eat the elephant I want.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:03 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Chuckle, apparently I literally need to watch my lips to make sure the planned food actually does get eaten.

Except for days like today - the infamous 'starving' DD. NP remembering to eat today. Just can't eat the elephant I want.
I don't know why, but I am still laughing out loud at the thought of you scraping half your dinner out!

I think I may have resolved my dilemma! Eggs! Boil up a batch of eggs to have on hand for breakfast & lunch. Eat 2 eggs for Breakfast and 2 for lunch. Add some mayo and deviled eggs would be even better. Then have a mega meal for dinner, 800 to 1000 cals, plus some dark chocolate and wine. I should be able to round off at 1500 on UD.
I need to simplify life for just a wee bit longer and then my JUDDD will fit much better in my day to day life.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I can't do boiled eggs. But I am definitely thinking along those lines. Something I can pre-prepare, grab, and break the cals up over the day. I SO love not being hungry because of appetite suppression!

PS I know what you mean about being my own scientific experiment.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:46 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatewashingup View Post
Still waiting for the day I can say its hard for me to get my UD calories in like some of you more experienced ladies...I love my chocolate and red wine too much!!
Same here. I WISH I had a problem getting in my UD cals!!
I find now that on DDs AND UDs, I have to wait to eat until later in the day, because I am such a grazer after dinner! I can go until 3 or 4 PM on just coffee, but no matter what time I start eating, and no matter if it is a UD or DD, as soon as I start, I am an eating machine. I have to be VERY CAREFUL to count everything or I will always go over.

I have never been hungry for breakfast my whole life. The only appetite suppression I am experiencing is that I am not hungry for lunch. However--I'll take it!!
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #18

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsam1156 View Post
Same here. I WISH I had a problem getting in my UD cals!!
I find now that on DDs AND UDs, I have to wait to eat until later in the day, because I am such a grazer after dinner! I can go until 3 or 4 PM on just coffee, but no matter what time I start eating, and no matter if it is a UD or DD, as soon as I start, I am an eating machine. I have to be VERY CAREFUL to count everything or I will always go over.

I have never been hungry for breakfast my whole life. The only appetite suppression I am experiencing is that I am not hungry for lunch. However--I'll take it!!
Pjsam, I do understand, and I'll take it!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:32 PM   #19
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Respect your calorie numbers. Respect your calorie ceilings.
And when close or in maintenance tweak up or down if necessary!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote