Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   quick vent, losing hope, any help appreciated! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/768044-quick-vent-losing-hope-any-help-appreciated.html)

changemylife! 04-16-2012 03:40 PM

quick vent, losing hope, any help appreciated!
 
This is officially my one-week point with JUDDD!
Last week was pretty good - I dropped the 3 pounds that felt like water & I had recently gained. I went from 131 to 128 and felt it was my body correcting itself. My waist also went down a bit.
On Friday I had a DD that may have turned into a MD. My bad - I purposely fasted because I was worried about salad counts while eating out. I was still way under 1000, but not the 415 my DD was supposed to be. I woke up the next day still weighing 128 :)
Saturday was my UD and I have to say it did not go well. I ate out and didn't really keep track. Stayed fairly low-carb, but I'm sure I went pretty far over the 2000 calories for my UD.
Yesterday was a easy DD at 350 calories. I also ran 4 miles. Lots of water and all was well.
Woke up at 133. Had a "normal" UD today at 2000 low-carb calories. Now 135.
I'm in no way blaming this WOE since I'm the one that blew it on Saturday. But I just need to "believe" that this is the right WOE for me! One UD "mayhem" undid all of last week? I know I shouldn't be surprised, but :cry:
Any words of advice or a swift kick?

JanetTN 04-16-2012 03:49 PM

I know others that have been at this longer will pop in and give you great advice but from my experience doing this I will say that if I had gotten on the scale a lot at first I probably would have given up. I only weighed once a month for the first 2 months and have just now started weighing after every DD. The scale jumping around at first would have really discouraged me.

I read on another board a post from someone that has been very successful with this WOE that basically stated that if she had payed attention to her scale in the first 2 weeks on JUDDD she would have quit.

I can't imagine your jump being anything else but water weight. Hope you hang in there and see a big whoosh in a few days.

changemylife! 04-16-2012 03:55 PM

That is very helpful - thank you!
I'm not ready to throw in the towel, but I just want to feel more confident in this WOE! I was successful with LC but I do remember it took a couple weeks for it to "click" and show up on the scale.
Thanks again!

sorenkkg 04-16-2012 03:56 PM

Agreed with above ^

I don't think you did anything really wrong, and as I've been told, there's scale bounces, and life-- this is a plan you can work with for life, and you had some life happen this past week.

Stay away from the scale for a week-- DD to another DD in a few rotations. Meanwhile, take measurements if you haven't already. Go by how you feel, how your clothes feel.

Take another week, then another and then see-- have you lost pounds (keeping in mind it looks like you have about 10 left, and with less weight, comes less quickness in losing it), have you lost inches?

KUTGW, and hang in there. This works, keep working it!

:) Soren

changemylife! 04-16-2012 04:01 PM

Thank you! I think what's been bothering me is the feeling of weight creep :(
It may only be a few pounds but it feels like so much more!
I will definitely just plug along. The weekdays are extremely easy as I'm often too busy to eat. The weekends - life definitely happens for me ;)
Thanks!

2BoysMom 04-16-2012 04:17 PM

Also - 4 miles is a lot of exercise, and I know that sometimes after that much, my body will retain water while it repairs muscle.

So, really, just breathe in and out - 1 week is really not a fair shot.

Honor the rotation, read all about the scale bounces we all face, breathe in and out and you'll be fine!

Beeb 04-16-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2BoysMom (Post 15585712)
Also - 4 miles is a lot of exercise, and I know that sometimes after that much, my body will retain water while it repairs muscle.

So, really, just breathe in and out - 1 week is really not a fair shot.

Honor the rotation, read all about the scale bounces we all face, breathe in and out and you'll be fine!

:goodpost: what she said! You did NOT gain fat, but water from working your muscles in a way they aren't use to. Give it more time, and RELAX!! JUDDD should be enjoyed, not stressed about! It will all come off in the end, I promise!! ;)

terissa 04-16-2012 06:10 PM

?
 
What is juddd? i am new to the board. I have been on the low carb diet for 6 days and i have lost 7 lbs. i have been on this diet before but it has been a few years..i need to lose 23 more pounds.thank u in advance.

Muffabuff 04-16-2012 06:30 PM

I personally don't get why so many Juddders weigh everyday. The bounces would drive me mad. I weigh once a week and only after a DD. I think this saves me a lot of unnesscessary freak outs. I suppose that everyone needs to do what works best for them. The important thing is to just stay with the plan and keep the faith.

sorenkkg 04-16-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muffabuff (Post 15586067)
I personally don't get why so many Juddders weigh everyday. The bounces would drive me mad. I weigh once a week and only after a DD. I think this saves me a lot of unnesscessary freak outs. I suppose that everyone needs to do what works best for them. The important thing is to just stay with the plan and keep the faith.

:goodpost: ditto. I've yet to see a bounce, and while I know it can happen, I just keep hoping not, and that weighing less often will help with that (I hope, but have no proof).

:) Soren

2BoysMom 04-16-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terissa (Post 15586025)
What is juddd? i am new to the board. I have been on the low carb diet for 6 days and i have lost 7 lbs. i have been on this diet before but it has been a few years..i need to lose 23 more pounds.thank u in advance.

I would recommend you start by reading through these links - they have a TON of info on JUDDD and are very helpful.....

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...nside-see.html

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...lculators.html

Beeb 04-16-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terissa (Post 15586025)
What is juddd? i am new to the board. I have been on the low carb diet for 6 days and i have lost 7 lbs. i have been on this diet before but it has been a few years..i need to lose 23 more pounds.thank u in advance.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...out-juddd.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muffabuff (Post 15586067)
I personally don't get why so many Juddders weigh everyday. The bounces would drive me mad. I weigh once a week and only after a DD. I think this saves me a lot of unnesscessary freak outs. I suppose that everyone needs to do what works best for them. The important thing is to just stay with the plan and keep the faith.

I weigh everyday because it keeps me accountable and informed on how I'm doing, whether I need a tweak here or there and it helps me to reign things in right away if there is a problem. I would rather see the bounce everyday, knowing there is a normal bounce, then wait until once a week and see a gain I didn't expect. :)

heyjupiter 04-16-2012 08:48 PM

I'm assuming that b/c your UD number is 2000 that you put in something other than little or no exercise, which is what most of us do. Maybe your UD number is too high?

I've commented on your posts before because I questioned your UD number then as well.

You're not the only person who ignores anything I say, which makes me wonder why I even bother posting in the first place.

This forum may seem nice, but on further examination is more like stepford nice.

arkie1 04-16-2012 09:06 PM

Figuring height (64") and your weight at 131, and different ages from 20 to 50, with no exercise, I got any where from 1550 to 1650 for your UD calories. Maybe 2000 is too many for you. Just a suggestion....:dunno:

Good Luck!

Carole

changemylife! 04-17-2012 03:42 AM

Thanks for the replies!
I have an UD of 2074 entering moderate exercise, 131 lb, 64 inches, age 40. I do wts/cardio 5 mornings a week and 1 long cardio (run) 1 day per week = 6 days. However, this UD clearly doesn't seem to be working for me, so should I enter little or no exercise? That would be 1606. Right now my weekday UDs are comfortable around 1600 but I was adding 2 servings of nuts to up it towards 2000! I will definitely stop doing that!
I have been working out like this for several years, so I don't think it's extra muscle. My clothes are feeling tight and it seems to be my belly/hips area :( UGH!
Heyjupiter - I will go back and check your replies. I definitely didn't mean to ignore - I appreciate all responses. I only get the chance to check the forums a couple times per week versus everyday.
Unless I hear otherwise, I'm going to try the lower UDs. I will also try to relax even though this wt creep is stressing me out :(
Thanks everybody!

Hazelsmrf 04-17-2012 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyjupiter (Post 15586322)
You're not the only person who ignores anything I say, which makes me wonder why I even bother posting in the first place.

Awww :console:

I don't think anyone's ignoring you, I know when i'm replying to a thread I don't reply individually to everyone that's posted before but more in a general reply to the thread, but I would think most people do read all the posts in a thread when they reply unless they're in a huge hurry. I would think that for sure the person that STARTED the post would read all the replies even if she/he doesn't specifically comment on individual posts.

KeirasMom 04-17-2012 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf (Post 15586676)
Awww :console:

I don't think anyone's ignoring you, I know when i'm replying to a thread I don't reply individually to everyone that's posted before but more in a general reply to the thread, but I would think most people do read all the posts in a thread when they reply unless they're in a huge hurry. I would think that for sure the person that STARTED the post would read all the replies even if she/he doesn't specifically comment on individual posts.

Same here.

Kissa 04-17-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyjupiter (Post 15586322)
I'm assuming that b/c your UD number is 2000 that you put in something other than little or no exercise, which is what most of us do. Maybe your UD number is too high?

I've commented on your posts before because I questioned your UD number then as well.

You're not the only person who ignores anything I say, which makes me wonder why I even bother posting in the first place.

This forum may seem nice, but on further examination is more like stepford nice.

:hugs: Oh please don't feel that way Jupiter, it is just that these boards are so frantic these days and it is hard to reply or comment back to everyone.

I have noticed your useful input and should have said so, I am really sorry.

As you can see from the posts above, many of us agree with you that the OPs UD cals are looking high.

@Changemylife, daily weighing works for some, not for others. I love it. it helps me understand my food, my body and JUDDD.

Please give this much more time. Have you looked at the Bouncing Ball graph?

sterlinggirl 04-17-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 15587948)
:hugs: Oh please don't feel that way Jupiter, it is just that these boards are so frantic these days and it is hard to reply or comment back to everyone.

I have noticed your useful input and should have said so, I am really sorry.

As you can see from the posts above, many of us agree with you that the OPs UD cals are looking high.

@Changemylife, daily weighing works for some, not for others. I love it. it helps me understand my food, my body and JUDDD.

Please give this much more time. Have you looked at the Bouncing Ball graph?

:console: Aww sweetie i know how it can look that way sometimes, i was sooo afraid to post at first.. but i know now.. THESE GIRLS ROCK! :heart: jUPITER i have never seen anything like what i see on this JUDDD forum.. You are one of us too and we love ya girl!!!:heart:

changemylife! 04-17-2012 03:35 PM

I will be working with the lower UD and feel excited to see what happens! So interesting that UDs are a lot tougher for me than DDs! I'm sure it will get much easier.

Thanks again for all the replies & I apologize for not saying it sooner here and on other threads. I'll have to go back to lurking til my work schedule calms down & I can do a better job with keeping up with the forum!

Thank you for all the inspiration - I'll keep reading as often as I can!
:)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:08 PM.