Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I seem to bounce up after DD's instead of UD's so far (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/768016-i-seem-bounce-up-after-dds-instead-uds-so-far.html)

hippiegirl 04-16-2012 10:56 AM

I seem to bounce up after DD's instead of UD's so far

Anyone else? The good news overall is that today marks one week and I'm down 9 lbs!!!:birthday:

Yesterday was an UD, so I was fully expecting a bounce up. I was up yesterday, after a good DD, and I was down the day before, after a good UD. Very weird.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. :)

DD80 04-16-2012 10:59 AM

I do sometimes. I usually drink more water on DDs, which tends to flush out any water I've been carrying from the UD before. But, every now and then, I'll hold onto the water instead. Very frustrating!

OhioGuy 04-16-2012 11:11 AM

o yes, the scale makes NO sense if you weigh daily.
down after eating 3500 calories up after eating 500
down 8 pounds up 6! lol
thats why everyone says only way once a week after a DD
or be prepared for crazy bounce.

Luna Loca 04-16-2012 11:20 AM

I have looked for a pattern on what days I lose on and what days I don't and there is no discernable pattern. I can be up after a down day, or the same. I can be up after an up day, or down or the same. No rhyme or reason.

Just gotta keep on keepin' on. That's how my losses happen, anyway.

northandcold23 04-16-2012 11:24 AM

Same here! Really crazy! But, whatever works!

KeirasMom 04-16-2012 11:54 AM

I'm often up after a DD, down after an UD, stay exactly the same for a few days, go down, down, down, then up, then hold . . . you get the picture! :stars:

carla70 04-16-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hippiegirl (Post 15584858)
Anyone else? The good news overall is that today marks one week and I'm down 9 lbs!!!:birthday:

Yesterday was an UD, so I was fully expecting a bounce up. I was up yesterday, after a good DD, and I was down the day before, after a good UD. Very weird.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. :)

That is a GREAT start!! :clap:

sterlinggirl 04-16-2012 12:29 PM

Well i unfortuanly am up always after an up day, usually two pounds.. but on my down days those two will dissapear and usally only with part of another half pound or so.. I keep reading about folks who lost after an up day but that dont seam to the case for me lol Happily bouncing though... down down down woo hoo:jumpjoy:

gotsomeold 04-16-2012 12:31 PM

I agree with Luna and Jamie. :stars:

I love weighing every day. I love trying to figure out patterns. So far, there are too many pieces to this puzzle ... and some of them appear to be invisible! All that matters is my weekly average is going down.

vanilla_latte 04-16-2012 12:41 PM

Nancy, I wish I was like you. I absolutely abhor the bounces, especially since I can find no rhyme or reason, and for now am not losing. Not that the 5 measley pounds I've lost is anywhere close to what I need to lose!

Hippiegirl, congrats on your loss! :clap:

lola5k 04-16-2012 12:47 PM

I have found the same...can weigh up after a really good down day and down after an UD....maybe is the revving up of the calories on the UD that does it. Yes we should weigh only once a week but unfortunately if you are like me those scales keep calling every time I am in the bathroom lol.

Great news for all the losses Hippiegirl :jumpjoy:

Kissa 04-16-2012 12:47 PM

Nancy you are rocking JUDDD!.

I never knew when the losses would come, but come they did. :)

heyjupiter 04-16-2012 01:07 PM

Maybe you're drinking a lot of broth and/or ingesting a lot of sodium on DD so the loss shows up a full day later+ after a UD?

Lianora Mosswood 04-16-2012 05:01 PM

Interesting. I get my best weights after an UD, which is unexpected.

Great job on your success so far!

Maria Anna 07-14-2012 02:00 PM

Good to read I'm not the only one who's up after a DD. This is so reassuring!
BTW, this is my first post in this forum. Started JUDDDD a couple of weeks ago, which lead to bingeing after some successful UD's and DD's. But now I seem to have the hang of it.

Lost 8lbs, in the last two weeks but found the scale go up again this morning, after a DD. Did have fish sauce and soy sauce the day before so it's probably water weight....

Carly 07-14-2012 03:30 PM

I have found absolutely no pattern. I've lost after UDs and gone up after DDs. I hate MDs, but every now and then it seems like that has been just what I needed for a small loss. I lost quickly the first 2 months and now it is a steadier yet slower loss. I don't get big bounces either way, but JUDDD has helped heal my relationship with the scale, so, like Nancy says, the scale is a tool, but the number doesn't define me or my day.

microbio72 07-15-2012 08:30 AM

I've only been practicing this WOE for a week, but I do the same thing. I am lower after up days and higher after down days. My husband who started when I did is the opposite, always lower after his down days. My fluctuation's are pretty small so I don't mind so much but I still find it weird.