Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   HulaHoop first report and measurement woots! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/767941-hulahoop-first-report-measurement-woots.html)

b_lou_who 04-16-2012 09:15 AM

HulaHoop first report and measurement woots!

Got my hoop (42" so it comes up to my chest, bigger is better for noobs)
It was easy to put the ends together using a hair dryer. And it is pretty with pink and purple tape :)
Went outside Friday night, couldn't get it to stay up for one revolution.
Watched two hours of youtube instructions for the hoopily challenged (if only that burned fat)
Saturday did at least 10 minutes and can actually keep the hoop up. I am apparently NOT good at following instructions, ie. only do 2 minutes at a time to start. My terrier cannot understand what game I am playing. No ball, no stick, just this stupid hoop that doesn't go anywhere.
Sunday, ribs have a small bruise on the left side. Tried to do more hoop, managed two minutes before I had serious tears in my eyes. Achy abs here my friends. Could barely roll over in bed last night and there is a lot of complaining going on. If it hurts like this it should improve my abs, right?

On another happier note, I decided I had best do my measurements Sat morning since I am starting a new exercise thingy, want to see what it does for my waist and hips (I only measure 1st of the month generally). While my weight is up almost five pounds from my last low (seriously going to murder my ovaries! watch for headlines) and I know I go up during the month before I go down (seeing a pattern) I have lost about two inches off my waist, one off belly button and hips in the last two weeks while my weight has been up. Magic is happening, I just have to ignore the scale and keep on with IF. I feel pretty good overall and hubby's birthday food didn't kill me off yesterday.

b_lou_who 04-16-2012 09:19 AM

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/60589...20Pix?h=14f686

I cannot get this pic to work here, if I drag it my options all disappear etc.
but made baby poundcakes with 12 year old scotch flavored ganache and crispy bacon for hubby's birthday.

carla70 04-16-2012 09:22 AM

great job starting that, your abs sound like they really got workout. I know I like doing the hula hoop on Wii :hyst:

mattsmama 04-16-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b_lou_who (Post 15584470)
Got my hoop (42" so it comes up to my chest, bigger is better for noobs)
It was easy to put the ends together using a hair dryer. And it is pretty with pink and purple tape :)
Went outside Friday night, couldn't get it to stay up for one revolution.
Watched two hours of youtube instructions for the hoopily challenged (if only that burned fat)

"Hoopily challenged":hyst:

You are too cute!! Now, and until this experiment is over, you are our "b lou hoop".
Congrats on the inches lost! I'm doing the same thing right now. Isn't it fun?

sophiethecat 04-16-2012 09:34 AM

:clap: WTG, Lou! Sounds like fun and a great workout too. Congrats on the inches off! :)

b_lou_who 04-16-2012 09:40 AM

I need the measurement reinforcement, and have to remind myself that more is going on in my body than just "weight". That scale is not the boss of me. Inches are a huge encouragement, my pants are looser, hubby says I "feel smaller", he keeps grabbing my rib cage lol

ellgee 04-16-2012 10:01 AM

Just promise me when you murder your ovaries, you will include mine in the crime spree.

Thank you.

KeirasMom 04-16-2012 10:11 AM

DD7 loves hula hooping and I tried it last summer (though I was around 280 lbs then) and couldn't do it AT ALL. I wonder if I can now. Do you think the weighted is easier or harder for newbies to do (other than the bruising issue)?

gotsomeold 04-16-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b_lou_who (Post 15584482)
baby poundcakes with 12 year old scotch flavored ganache and crispy bacon

Oh golly whiskers, that sounds so very, very good!!

b_lou_hoop, you are rockin' JUDDD totally. AND keeping us all inspired!

If you need a explanation of where you were when your ovaries were murdered, I will gladly tell law enforcement that you were teaching me to run a hula hoop.

adillenal 04-16-2012 10:55 AM

The weighted is hard. I saw mine peeking out from under my bed last night and gave it a shove to get it way back under there. I hate that thing. It does have pretty colors though.

DD80 04-16-2012 11:04 AM

I remember I used to hula my brains out! I could go from tummy to chest to neck down to knees and back up again. I can still do it...but not nearly as great as I was when I was a kid (can only do at my waist)...and like you said - it HURTS after awhile! :laugh: I love that you are doing it again! I bet it is a great workout!

b_lou_who 04-16-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 15584650)
DD7 loves hula hooping and I tried it last summer (though I was around 280 lbs then) and couldn't do it AT ALL. I wonder if I can now. Do you think the weighted is easier or harder for newbies to do (other than the bruising issue)?

The weight is supposed to be much easier for beginners. Mine is really only about a pound and a half or so, no actual "weighting" or anything. Just start slow. It is pretty fun once you get the hang of it, so it lures you into overdoing it. Its all in the hips, no moving the upper body. I don't see why you couldn't give it another go!

2BoysMom 04-16-2012 12:12 PM

I have never ONCE in my life been able to hula hoop.....but dang, if you don't make me want to try it again!

KeirasMom 04-16-2012 12:33 PM

I'm so going to get one and try it. It'll be funny trying to convince the boxer/mastiff mix that it's MY toy! Thanks B_lou for the idea!