Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/116/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickicaps View Post
Thanks for all of the honest answers and warm welcomes- this is seriously the sweetest group of people

I realized today that like most people, I totally underestimate my calories so YES to every day counting. You are all correct, it is worth it.

I need a tape measure! Great idea :-)
You will just love it here! I am a very slow loser - might be my age - a senior citizen! I cannot say enough good stuff about this WOE! I have lost many inches as i was a size 12 in Lee's jeans and now am a size 8 in Lee's - all the same style too!

leonak is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2012, 06:39 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
I count on both up and down days. I just use an old fashioned notebook.it gets easier as you go because you start to eat the same things over time so you remember their calories. So after awhile you won't have to look up the calories of every thing you put in your mouth. It is so easy to under estimate your calories and go over, I really think counting is really important to keep yourself accountable. For a lot of us telling ourselves that we were eating less than we were is how we gained in the first place. Counting keeps us from falling into that trap again.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:19 AM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
I count, too. I get into trouble if I don't...especially with carbs. I'm still staying pretty low carb but not freaking out so much about adding a few.
shirlc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:24 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
I count both UDs and DDs!

On DDs I eat just about the same thing and it's between 300-400 calories. I like it simple sweet.

I've had a few FDs, but certainly not often!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:36 AM   #35
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickicaps View Post
Happy Monday!

So I was just curious- out of the JUDDDERS on this board, who counts UD calories and who doesn't? And what has your experience been? Anyone do both and find one works better than the other?

I'm trying to make this program as easy and simple as possible, and it already is compared to many other diets but unlike a lot of people here, I have never been LC. Therefore, I am not used to "counting" anything really and so this added chore of tracking my calories daily is starting to make me anxious/a little obsessed.

At the same time, I want to maximize my results so if counting UD calories is necessary, I will grudgingly comply
Not counting calories sure sounds nice, doesn't it?!!! Don't have to eat low carb. Don't have to count calories. Just eat. Boy! I could sure do that!

Unhappily, that's what brought me to obesity.

Particularly during weight loss mode, I weighed and measured my foods and portions and tracked my calorie consumption. I planned my meals ahead of time.. how many calories for each meal, what food would make up the meal, etc.

It wasn't long before I'd figured that meal up, and I could just eat it again. I didn't have to keep refiguring the same meal over and over. The work was done. Do that with a goodly number of meal choices, and from there on out, you will be getting skinny without having to put much effort into having to figure up the calories, over and over and over, on the same food. Do it once, write it down, and be done with it. Just plan ahead and don't overeat your calorie numbers, and JUDDD will almost always work well for you.

For myself, I came to this conclusion: I was like many other fat people. I didn't want to have to do any work to regulate my eating. I just wanted to do the eating part. I know this doesn't apply to every overweight person, but I do know that a lot of us are pretty lazy when it comes to doing any work to regulate our eating. We want it simple, little effort involved, except for the eating part.

And if that worked for me, I wouldn't count calorie One! But it doesn't. If I just eat, I get big. I resent myself for those years I lived life as a fat woman when I could have been a slim and trim one with a nice figure and darling clothes. I made myself fat by my eating, and I kept myself fat by my laziness.

I think that's why low carb appealed to me in the first place. Just don't eat *these certain foods*, and you won't have to count any calories. Just a few carbs to learn about, and the rest is easy peasy. But it didn't work for me, because once again.. I overate. That's the only thing I can think of, because low carb simply didn't do a thing for me. I didn't lose weight on it. Love the food though! Still eat all that food. Except now, I've added in all the rest of the foods too, and I count the calories instead of the carbs, and guess what? No more FAT lady. JUDDD worked for me when I finally dealt with the fact that I'd have to do some of the work for myself. It's been a very rewarding payoff!
Old 04-17-2012, 07:43 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 8/18/14
Very interesting thread! I knew some of you counted UD's, but didn't realize how many actually did! I didn't, but am now since it might be I'm actually not eating enough on my UD's. I'm surprised the universe hasn't stopped in shock at that!

I found a very simple iPhone app that lets me track during the day - handy and quick!

Welcome to the group, nickicaps!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote