Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
Carby Cat

Gallery: Tazcat
Hi there. I'm really curious. Can you point me in the direction of what to read?

I think this diet/WOE might just work for me. But I find it (at the outset) rather confusing.

Is there a book? Are there resources?

I've tried LC on and off for years. I did a couple very successful hcg rounds - gained all that back plus some bonus friends.

So i'm ready to study up and learn what it's going to take to do this and do it right.

Thank you,
Becky
Tazcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 174.8/171.4/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD :)
Start Date: Start date: September 10, 2014
The Alternate-Day Diet by James B. johnson

It's a very informative read!!

Ask any questions you like, there are a bunch of well informed ladies on this board and they are always eager to help new folks!

Hi! From one Becky to another!!

Last edited by Becky; 04-15-2012 at 04:56 PM..
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:13 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Yay, Becky! I'm thrilled that you are contemplating this way of eating. You can either get the book or read about it online, for free, by typing JUDDD into your search engine. That is the Johnson Up Day Down Day diet. The site has pretty much all of the *how to* that the book does, but as with most diet plans, those who really DO IT can teach you about it almost better than reading the book can. Especially with JUDDD, because it is such a simple plan. There's almost nothing to it.

You will go to the site to figure your Up Day and Down Day calories. Your UD cals will be a bit higher than what would normally be considered your *maintenance* calorie level because it is paired against your very low Down Day calorie number. And even once you have become slim and trim, and you have increased your DD calories some, you will still be eating more on UDs and less on DDs. But you won't be eating so low that it is causing unwanted weight loss. Some here have had to increase DD cals at the end by quite a bit in order to halt further unwanted weight loss!

There are NO food lists to be followed. NO lists of foods that must be eaten, or eaten in some order or on certain days or combined with certain other foods. And NO lists of forbidden foods that must be avoided, else the diet will fail and you will fail the plan.

What foods you eat is entirely your choice! We have folks here who low carb and those who don't. We have vegetarian and paleo, and some of us who just eat it all, including fudge brownies with chocolate frosting. So I mean it when I tell you that any foods you want to eat are fine with JUDDD. JUDDD doesn't care about what foods you eat.. only about the calorie numbers that you eat.

We eat fully on our UDs. Up to our calorie ceiling. For some of us, this is more than we really want to eat. For some of us, it is the only thing that keeps us from completely spiraling out of control. But overall, we try to come in at about that calorie number. So the Up Days just plainly aren't a diet. You'll be losing weight, but you won't be dieting half the time!

But in exchange for that, we diet incredibly hard on our DDs. Those days we are cutting calories and dieting for both days, so basically.. it's fasting. It isn't quite, but it's very low calories, but if you've done hcg, you're home free, because we do Down Days of about 500 calories.

As you read, you'll begin to see people addressing all the side benefits this way of eating is gifting them. Many of us have increased our metabolic rate through eating this way, and I can't begin to tell you what a blessing that is. I'm almost 69 years old and can eat more calories now than I've been able to get away with for years! And I really like that about the time I'm baking Christmas Cookies, 'cause those are a real weak spot for me. I do like my desserts. Well, and my favorite artisan loaves of bread.

Read and ask questions and you'll start reaping the benefits very shortly after you join in. So Welcome, and I know you'll become a fan quickly. It's hard not to love a plan that lets you eat whatever you want and makes you skinny at the same time!

Last edited by SoHappy; 04-15-2012 at 05:15 PM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:15 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Welcome. I hope you join us sooner rather than later. I think it will be great for you!
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #5
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Want To Know LOTS About JUDDD?
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:38 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
to JUDDD, Becky!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:55 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
So good to see you peeking in here, Becky!

I do hope you read up on this way of life and give it a try! It is - without any doubt - one of the best things I've done for myself in a really long time. I've not read the book, but read on this forum until I was convinced I needed to give this thing a shot and I could not be happier with my decision. I'm losing weight and inches and feel really good all the time, have no cravings or obsessive thoughts about food that is forbidden. I needed a way of eating/way of life so I can really live my life, and this is it! And the support here on the forum is unmatched, anywhere.

Try it, I just have a feeling you'll do really well.

All my best!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote