Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Considering JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/767711-considering-juddd.html)

BaileysGirl 04-15-2012 04:49 PM

Considering JUDDD

Hi! I'm an HCG'er still considering JUDDD! Couple of questions for those of you who've been doing this for a while!

1) I am in P3 of HCG (stabilization phase) right now and will be done w/ it in 1 week then should move to P4 (maintenance) which is a 3 week phase, but also believe I could go straight to JUDDD insted of P4. However, I have a girls vacation 3rd week in May and don't really want any restrictions. We tend to drink a lot of margaritas and alcoholic drinks. We tend to eat pretty healthy at breakfast/lunch then splurge a little at dinner. I would still like to be able to do those things. Should I start JUDDD after this or are there those who take a week off for a vacation and come home get right back to JUDDDING?

2) I am not good with numbers so I'm a bit confused about the percentages on the website. Which numbers should I start off with? I will be working out doing a biggest loser dvd on my UD and a little bit of strength training on DD. So I input light exercise 1-3 days a week. Here's the numbers please let me know which I should start off with:

20% DD 443/UD 2215
25% DD 554/UD 2215

Or should I just do 500 DD/2215 UD?

Thanks in advance!

SoHappy 04-15-2012 05:34 PM

Welcome! Hope you join us here for sure, because I think you'll really LOVE it.

You'll just do your UD calories as given you by the JUDDD Calorie Calculator, and then your choice for your DDs... except that we are advised to start the first two weeks at 500-calorie Down Days. Most of us aim for about that on our DDs forevermore. :laugh:

We have quite a few folks here who have come from doing HCG previously. Some go through all of Phase 3 and 4, some just do P3 and then start JUDDD, and some just up and quit HCG wherever they are, and simply start doing JUDDD. Frankly, I doubt it matters one whit. LOL So suit yourself. I expect some of them will stop by to tell you how they did it.

Hope you're *for sure* going to join us. It's fabulous, and instead of slowing your metabolism down as the days go by, this plan seems to rev it up for most of us! :up:

:welcome:

BaileysGirl 04-15-2012 06:39 PM

Thanks looking forward to lots of responses! So I will do 2215 UD and 500 DD then starting out!

heyjupiter 04-15-2012 06:58 PM

Come to the darkside, We have cookies. No, really, we DO have cookies! (And margaritas, too...) :laugh::laugh::laugh:

SoHappy 04-15-2012 07:02 PM

OH! One thing I forgot to mention before. When you are figuring your calories on the JUDDD Calorie Calculator, there is the section for exercise.... almost all of us choose the option of little or no exercise. If you put in a higher level of exercise, you get more calories, but strangely enough, quite often you are given too many extra calories for the exercise that actually gets done.

And then the other thought on this subject is, why do I want to bust my butt, exercising not just to tone my muscles nicely but to actually lose weight, and then turn right around and eat back all those burned calories??? Once I've worked to burn them, I want them to remain gone. The last thing I want to do is eat more calories back. I'm in this to lose weight.

Now, once at goal weight, we need to eat back the calories we burn up in exercise, else we'll get too skinny. LOL

Just though I'd mention this way of looking at the subject. Something for you to consider.

theredhead 04-15-2012 07:05 PM

I jumped right into JUDDD without doing my final P3 after my 425,674th round of hCG, lol. I was tired of continuing to have to do "maintenance" rounds because I kept sliding back up the scale. I was being a good low carber, too, and always did my P3 by the book. JUDDD is the best thing that ever happened to me. I'm grateful that Atkins, followed by hCG helped me lose so much weight and got me so close to goal, but it's JUDDD that's made it possible to get below goal and maintain easily and enjoyably. Come on in, the water's fine!

KeirasMom 04-15-2012 07:13 PM

:welcome::welcome::welcome:
I do hope you join us here. We're such a fun bunch. :laugh:

BaileysGirl 04-16-2012 04:38 AM

Thanks everyone!

I will take off the exercise in the calculation so I'm sure it will lower the calories a bit which is fine.

Jupiter - I love your quote!

Horsetrainer110 04-16-2012 04:49 AM

I started a week ago....I'm down a few pounds, and the DD's are not nearly as hard as I was fearing! Welcome!

mykidsteacher 04-16-2012 07:20 AM

Jump on in. The water's fine and the fish are friendly. :)

Spank'd 04-16-2012 09:57 AM

I'm roughly your weight right now, and I'm doing 1850/500 and that's my personal sweet spot.

I give myself a little leeway on up days, but 2200 will slow things down considerably. I also don't exercise, unless you consider basic household stuff exercise. ;)

BaileysGirl 04-16-2012 10:20 AM

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

I recalculated w/o exercise and got 1933 for UD. I will be exercising though 5 days a week b/c I haven't at all on HCG and really need to tone/firm up esp for the summer!

I'm going to give it a try! I am still debating on when to start. I could start this Saturday and have calendared it out. I have a BBQ N BLUES festival I'm attending next Friday which would be an UD! Then I could take an interruption for my vacation in May...

OhioGuy 04-16-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spank'd (Post 15584598)
I also don't exercise, unless you consider basic household stuff exercise. ;)

hell yes! specially if you are a mom!! i spend an hour on the treadmill a day and it is not a drop in the bucket compared to a busy mom cooking, cleaning, chasing around little ones, getting them ready for bed, etc =)
respect to the moms! doing what they do =))

Muffabuff 04-16-2012 03:41 PM

:welcome: I know you will be as happy here as the rest of us. Just relax and let the magic happen.:shake:

Margarita :) 04-16-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyjupiter (Post 15583027)
Come to the darkside, We have cookies. No, really, we DO have cookies! (And margaritas, too...) :laugh::laugh::laugh:

You got that right!

Margarita :hyst:

Spank'd 04-17-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhioGuy (Post 15584867)
hell yes! specially if you are a mom!! i spend an hour on the treadmill a day and it is not a drop in the bucket compared to a busy mom cooking, cleaning, chasing around little ones, getting them ready for bed, etc =)
respect to the moms! doing what they do =))

Chasing little ones is behind me now (unless you count chasing a teenager)! :hyst:

But all those other things that go along with "managing" a household, yup. I can burn a lot of cals gardening, cleaning, organizing, etc.

I really do have to get to the gym tho.

cuttie99 04-17-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyjupiter (Post 15583027)

Loved this! You made me laugh! thanks for the warm welcome!

sdjade 04-17-2012 09:31 AM

:welcome: to JUDDD!

I think the biggest positive you will see over and over on this board is FREEDOM. I've only been doing JUDDD since the beginning of the month and am already seeing the benefits. :up: