Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 02:29 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
6 Months On JUDDD/IF

I had my 6 Month JUDDDiversary on April 12.

I came to JUDDD on Oct. 12, and reached goal weight on the 31st. (Happy Halloween! ) I only had 5# to get to goal, but at the slow rate (for me) at which I'd lost on LC, I thought I was looking at weeks and weeks to lose those last five. To my surprise, they came off fast on JUDDD!

After that, I thought I'd drop a few more pounds down to 142#, which I did in about 10 more days. But then I thought, Eh, heck with it, I'm happy just maintaining around 145#.

So I maintained. And through my maintenance over the next few months, I still continued a slow drop to the mid to upper 130s without intending to. It was strange to be eating as much as I was and slowly losing more and more. I even saw 135#, but this low weight kind of shocked me at first and I didn't want to be that low (Mentally it has to do with past uncontrolled weight-loss & health issues in my early 30s due to an Rx). 135# has shown up again every 3 or 4 weeks on the scale since then, but it looks like it has no intention of sticking anytime soon, and that's fine. Although now that I've adjusted to the idea, I would be fine if that was the bottom number on my range, but I'm definitely not pushing for it or trying for it. I'm content.

I've maintained easily and happily between 136 and 139#, usually hanging right at 137# and 138# for the most part. I do FDs, higher DDs, and intersperse my other IF in there, such as my own Fast 5 and my variation on MUDDD when desired and needed. I always go back to regular JUDDD for a while though.

On this latest stint, I haven't been doing real JUDDD since late Feb. when my Dad went into the hospital. At that point, I switched to my other IF in order to have one less thing to stress about (My IF is a breeze for me). He's long been out of the hospital and doing great, but I've continued my IF. Now I'm thinking it's time for another little change-up, and I might go back to regular JUDDD on Monday or Tuesday this week and continue that for a while. A spring-shake-up, lol.

If anyone is interested in specific health or other benefits I've experienced on this 6 month journey, the first post in this thread has the basic info: ~~* JUDDD MAGIC *~~ a survey....

I've also had lab work done on JUDDD with great results.

On this JUDDD/IF woe, my appetite has regulated - not only do I normally want more healthy foods and less refined carby stuff, but I also enjoy appetite suppression such as when one is in ketosis on LC.

The only time all this goes to pot is when I'm ovulating or it's pre-Tom.

I guess that's about it for now. I haven't been doing any exercise except a little light rebounding. Oh, I have been working on getting my hormones balanced again... too much to go into now, but cutting out dairy is looking to be a huge part of that. Maybe that will be a post down the line when I see how the experiment goes.

Thanks for reading. I bring you back to your regularly scheduled Up or Down Day already in progress. you guys!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 04-15-2012 at 02:37 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #2
lavender and lace

Gallery: Violet_Dream
Stats: 193.8/186.4/135 ~5'9"~
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 11/17/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
I had my 6 Month JUDDDiversary on April 12.

I came to JUDDD on Oct. 12, and reached goal weight on the 31st. (Happy Halloween! ) I only had 5# to get to goal, but at the slow rate (for me) at which I'd lost on LC, I thought I was looking at weeks and weeks to lose those last five. To my surprise, they came off fast on JUDDD!

After that, I thought I'd drop a few more pounds down to 142#, which I did in about 10 more days. But then I thought, Eh, heck with it, I'm happy just maintaining around 145#.

So I maintained. And through my maintenance over the next few months, I still continued a slow drop to the mid to upper 130s without intending to. It was strange to be eating as much as I was and slowly losing more and more. I even saw 135#, but this low weight kind of shocked me at first and I didn't want to be that low (Mentally it has to do with past uncontrolled weight-loss & health issues in my early 30s due to an Rx). 135# has shown up again every 3 or 4 weeks on the scale since then, but it looks like it has no intention of sticking anytime soon, and that's fine. Although now that I've adjusted to the idea, I would be fine if that was the bottom number on my range, but I'm definitely not pushing for it or trying for it. I'm content.

I've maintained easily and happily between 136 and 139#, usually hanging right at 137# and 138# for the most part. I do FDs, higher DDs, and intersperse my other IF in there, such as my own Fast 5 and my variation on MUDDD when desired and needed. I always go back to regular JUDDD for a while though.

On this latest stint, I haven't been doing real JUDDD since late Feb. when my Dad went into the hospital. At that point, I switched to my other IF in order to have one less thing to stress about (My IF is a breeze for me). He's long been out of the hospital and doing great, but I've continued my IF. Now I'm thinking it's time for another little change-up, and I might go back to regular JUDDD on Monday or Tuesday this week and continue that for a while. A spring-shake-up, lol.

If anyone is interested in specific health or other benefits I've experienced on this 6 month journey, the first post in this thread has the basic info: ~~* JUDDD MAGIC *~~ a survey....

I've also had lab work done on JUDDD with great results.

On this JUDDD/IF woe, my appetite has regulated - not only do I normally want more healthy foods and less refined carby stuff, but I also enjoy appetite suppression such as when one is in ketosis on LC.

The only time all this goes to pot is when I'm ovulating or it's pre-Tom.

I guess that's about it for now. I haven't been doing any exercise except a little light rebounding. Oh, I have been working on getting my hormones balanced again... too much to go into now, but cutting out dairy is looking to be a huge part of that. Maybe that will be a post down the line when I see how the experiment goes.

Thanks for reading. I bring you back to your regularly scheduled Up or Down Day already in progress. you guys!
Sophie, thank you and congratulations to you! I'm 1.4 away from goal and have to see 140 before I end my round of hhcg. That should be soon and I can't wait to start JUDD. I have gotten rid of this weight with no exercise at all and will start walking on my treadmill when I'm off my round. It was suggested to me to not weigh until I've had a full week on JUDD because of the fluctuation I'll see (particularly from adding exercise). I'm so excited to start have some menus planned. This is the most friendliest group I've come across and am grateful to be part of the JUDD BUDD family.

I'm glad your dad is doing better. Question: Isn't IF and JUDD the same thing?

Congratulations again Sophie!

Last edited by Violet_Dream; 04-15-2012 at 02:45 PM..
Violet_Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:39 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stitch
Stats: 141/123.2/105
WOE: Very low carb switched to JUDDD
Start Date: 2nd February '12
You've done so well! I love how relaxed and happy you sound about it too. Congratulations on your JUDDDiversary! Oh, and I saw those bikini pictures you posted a while back, you look amazing! I only hope I'll look half as good in one 6 months from now.
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Sophie-you are one of my favorite JUDDD BUDDDs! Always encouraging and motivating. Thanks for always sharing with us!
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
It's always fun to read about the weight losses every one posts, and I always get a good laugh about the fact that sometimes it's a real hustle to stop from losing even more than was planned!

This is going to stand you in very good stead over the years, Sophiecat... You know how to do *IT* now, and should be able to expect to remain slim and trim for all of your years. With JUDDD, at only takes a little tweak here or a little tweak there as time passes. Like, when the Holiday Season gets going, I know I'm going to relax and enjoy the foods of that time of year as well. So I pay a little better attention to my calorie ceilings, and I lower my DD cals a smidge, and that takes me through the season pretty well and without me missing the fun celebration foods that mark the season, or without weight gain.

Enjoy being slim and trim this season! Summer clothing is going to be lookin' real cute!
Old 04-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
You have done so amazingly well Sophie. And you are so encouraging to everyone here. Thanks for sharing your journey and your success! I know you will continue to maintain what you've worked for.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #7

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10

Happy 6 months, enjoy the rest of your life. X. We'll never stop JUDDDing.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
Happy 6 month JUDDDiversary, Sophie! You have done an amazing job, and continue to be an inspiration to all who read your posts! Thanks for sharing...

Carole
arkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:22 PM   #9

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Happy JUDDDiversary!! You are and continue to be such an inspiration.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Congrats Sophie!!!!!!!!! So happy you love JUDDDing!!!! Now if we can figure out your tummy thing you will be good to go!!!!!!!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Happy Anniversary Sophie!

I am glad to hear your Dad is continuing to improve. Huge Hug, you are a wonderful person!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:07 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Sophie you are one of a kind.....the best kind.....congratulations on such wonderful success and keep encouraging and inspiring us. Love our Sophie!!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:14 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Happy anniversary, Sophie! A JUDDD rock star!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:41 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet_Dream View Post
Question: Isn't IF and JUDDD the same thing?
There are many, many ways to IF; JUDDD is just one way/schedule.

Or, JUDDD could also (perhaps more accurately) be described as a calorie-cycling plan, since DDs aren't total fast days for most people.
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:04 AM   #15
lavender and lace

Gallery: Violet_Dream
Stats: 193.8/186.4/135 ~5'9"~
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 11/17/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
There are many, many ways to IF; JUDDD is just one way/schedule.

Or, JUDDD could also (perhaps more accurately) be described as a calorie-cycling plan, since DDs aren't total fast days for most people.
Thank you. I've been reading here and on the net - educating myself as much as I can.
Violet_Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Congratulations on your six month anniversary!!!

I am so happy for you and love to see that people can really stick to this way of life forever. Thanks for your ongoing words of wisdom to all of us JUDDD BUDDD!!

sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:42 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathyL
Stats: 205/118-122/125 5'4" Age 53
WOE: low glycemic index in 2011 JUDDD in 2012
Start Date: January 2011
Oh congrats! You are such an encouragement, thanks for sharing so much!
KathyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:57 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/low carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Sophie, Happy JUDDD Anniversary!
You've been such an inspiration to me over the course of my own JUDDD experience. I really appreciate all the time you take to help out and encourage everyone and to post your own trials and experiences so honestly and in such detail. There were so many things I used to worry about with JUDDD and particularly regarding moving towards maintenance and ongoing maintenance, and to see how well you continue to do while pushing the limits and changing things up is so very, very encouraging.

I know you'll continue to do wonderfully, but still, best of luck going forward on your JUDDD journey.

Last edited by vilanteira; 04-16-2012 at 08:58 AM..
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
On your 6 month anniversary! Thank you for sharing your story! You are inspiring!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Love it!!! Congrats on your success!!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote