Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 06:35 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
My Full month on JUDDD!

So today is my one month on JUDDD. I promised myself I would give it the full month of trying. And I am loving my results!!

First let me say, JUDDD has been quite easy compared to other WOE's I have done over the years. I love how JUDDD fits into my life style. I have learned how to make things work on JUDDD too! I dont fret if I have to stop at a fast food place because thats all the time I had. If I go over my calories I dont think "Well I blew it, lets start over." I even have been learning why I got to be so over weight in the first place. What I would think was a serving before, I am finding really was more like 3+ servings when compared to the packages! It was a shock to see what was on my plate before and then see what a serving was on my plate with JUDDD and realize, I was adding atleast 500-1000 extra calories to my plate just by not measuring, for EACH meal!!! Even going to a fast food place, I have learned how easy a simple burger, fries and a drink can send you to atleast 1000-1500 calories in a single sitting!

Second, It got me back to exercising. For some reason with this WOE, I went all in. I started running again. When I was younger I would run everyday, up to 6 miles a day. But as I got older and had kids, I didnt have the time. My life was put on hold because everyone else needed me first. With JUDDD, I started putting me first. When I get home from work, I run for me first. Then I make my family dinner and do what they want. No one has complained yet! In fact they have been so dang supportive of it! I love it!!!

Third, and here comes some bragging. The weightloss and inches loss have been amazing!!! My weight is a bouncing, but since everyone on here warned me of it from the get-go I expected it and it didnt hinder me. I have seen a high of 184 on my scale to a low of 173. Today after an UD yesterday, that included 2 peices of pizza and 2 beers during the NASCAR race, I weighed in at 178. Its all bloat though, my rings and fingers are telling me so. So my next DD, I will do the DDPP and the bloat will go away!!! That and it rained very heavy most of the day yesterday so I didnt get to run as I normally do! I tried the one time, but it started hailing and I thought, ok I will run extra tomorrow, no use in risking getting knocked out by little chunks of ice pelting at me from the sky!!! lol!!!

My inches are what I can almost cry over.......happy tears!!!!

Calves have gone from 15 1/4 to 14 1/2
thighs have gone from 24 to 22
butt has gone from 43 to 41
stomache has gone from 41 1/2 to 38
arms have gone from 13 1/2 to 12 1/2

I have gone from a junior's 19 jeans to a juniors 13 and even then they are starting to get baggy! I wear juniors, cause I am short and I like the styles better and hey if they fit I will wear them!!!

This was all in a month!!!!! A month!!!! Its amazing to me how JUDDD works. This would of taken months on LC for me to see!! Then on LC one cheat would of spiraled back to higher weight than I started with, once you get a taste of something you eat and eat and eat it. LC was really a horrible circle of a way to eat!! Lose/cheat/gain/start over. No wonder why it started to not work anymore!

Heres also another great thing of JUDDD. Today my hubby and I are going on a date! Its a DD, but we dont get time with each other alone much. His job, my job, the kids activities. You know! Well we decided to leave the kids at home and go to the movies and dinner this afternoon. April 19th is our dating anniversary, we have been together since I was 16, so 21 years now! Its also the anniversary of when he asked me to marry him! Sept 2nd it will be 17 years! But anyway, with my sisters wedding this weekend coming and things like that we are going today. I actually sat here on the pc looking at the Texas Roadhouses calorie counts and I have planned a very nice DD meal for me! I can have a 6oz ribeye and a loaded sweet potatoe (only eating half) and I can come in at 500-600 calories for the DD! OMG how sweet is that, I can do this WOE and enjoy my time with my hubby!!! I know I can eliminate the potatoe and have a salad and come in way under......but heck if I can add it in why not right!!!! The best part.......no guilt with eating this dinner!

Well after a full month of JUDDD, I will very much continue. This really is a perfect eating plan for me! I can do this the rest of my life! And they say if its working why fix it! I want to thank all my JUDDD BUDDD's for the insight and help with everything this past month. And heres to many more months of this JUDDD Happiness!!!!!!!!!

JUDDD BUDDD's

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!

Last edited by krow134; 04-15-2012 at 06:37 AM..
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2012, 06:43 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/147/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Tanya, this is such a great post! Congratulations on your success so far. I know you'll reach your goal and continue enjoying JUDDDing for maintenance. I feel just as excited about JUDDD as you do, and having so many wonderful JUDDD BUDDDs to share with makes the journey even better, doesn't it?
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:44 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Tanya, you are totally JUDDD!

You have so many reasons to celebrate!! Have a romantic, wonderful date. I am cheering with you.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:45 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
you are doing amazing! I'm glad you are loving JUDDD!
Jbinme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:14 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you thank you!!!!!!! I am so very happy today!!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 07:25 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I'm so happy and excited for you! This really is the best, most amazing WOE! Woohoo!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:13 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Showcats
Stats: 193/168.6/150 5'6" Age 48
Start Date: 4/1/12 (177.8)
Congratulations! You are doing great and have such a wonderful attitude
Showcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:15 AM   #8

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
What an exciting and happy post to read. I'm so glad that JUDDD has rewarded you so greatly for a single month of your life spent learning about correct portions for Up Days (overall maintenance) and for dieting hard for weight loss only on your Down Days.

I think the point you made about food portions really points out one of the great problems many of us have in how we have learned, or become habituated, in feeding ourselves. Huge portions. And then - go figure - we got huge ourselves. I had got to that point myself, and it's doubly dangerous when you're an older gal and metabolism has naturally slowed due to the aging process.

JUDDD really does help us learn some important tips about portion control and being smart about how we eat, while it seems to work to normalize our appetites along the way.

I'm certainly going to be looking forward to your report here again at the end of your second month!
Old 04-15-2012, 08:33 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I think the point you made about food portions really points out one of the great problems many of us have in how we have learned, or become habituated, in feeding ourselves. Huge portions. And then - go figure - we got huge ourselves. I had got to that point myself, and it's doubly dangerous when you're an older gal and metabolism has naturally slowed due to the aging process.

JUDDD really does help us learn some important tips about portion control and being smart about how we eat, while it seems to work to normalize our appetites along the way.
You know I love cereal. I always encourage my kids to eat it for a healthy snack compared to chips and sweets. One day after starting JUDDD. I grabbed my normal cereal bowl, and measured out my cereal. I looked at the bowl and was like So I poured what I would normally eat before JUDDD and realized.....I had almost 4 servings in this bowl!!! My "healthy" snack was over 800 calories before milk!!!!!!!! Goodness!!! I tried to figure out a normal day before JUDDD and realized I was easily eating almost 3000-4000 calories a day!!

I love that JUDDD has taught me this again. I knew this when I was younger. My mom was a measurer, we got what we needed but never more. This is why I was a skinny kid. But when I got married and could eat what and how I wanted it became my struggle. See mom is always right.......you always find out to late though lol!!!!

But thank you everyone!! I was so happy to share my results and thoughts!!! I am proud of myself, as I really should be! I too cant wait til I hit the 2 month mark. And even in a years time!! I am hoping this time next year to be thisclose to goal!!!! I have alot to lose and I plan to take my time... as sterlinggirl has said in many many posts that I have seen. "Its a journey, not a race!"
Old 04-15-2012, 08:39 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Congrats, Tanya! I loved reading your update, and to see how wonderfully JUDDD is serving you. So glad you came to our forum, and we look forward to more updates to come!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:55 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 2012
Congratulations! This is such a wonderful thread. I cannot wait for your next progress report in a month.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:03 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PixieKGirl
Stats: 163/152/136
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: 3/26/12
Awesome results and what a great attitude. (I could kick myself for not measuring when I started 3 weeks ago).
PixieKGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:07 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Tanya, INCREDIBLE!! Your post was similar to my findings (except for the great losses)

I am so happy for you that you found JUDDD. Enjoy your celebrations!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Tanya!!! What great results and great attitude! I loved reading your post! WTG girl! On to a great month 2!!!!

ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #15

Gallery: lynnjp
Stats: 273/179/150
WOE: Began JUDDD 3/18/12 UD1600 DD 490
Start Date: 4/28/2001
What a motivating and uplifting post-it is so wonderful to see someone celebrating so many successes in just a short month!! You are a real success story and I wish you continues success in reaching your goals and hope that I am able to motivate folks some time down the road as you have done for me today!!
lynnjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:22 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
This is a great post! I'm so happy for you. Congrats on a great month. I know you'll have equally wonderful results to post next month. Enjoy your time with your dh.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Tyvm everyone!!!!!!!!!!! I appericate the compliments!!!!!!!!!

Today was a great day. We seen American Reunion. Which was apart of the whole American Pie movies we love so much! Over the years we would buy the movie when it came out on DVD and would get Mcdonalds and have a date night in our room. Since the kids were younger and we couldnt go out much then either.

We then went to Texas Roadhouse, which is our fave place to go out to! We dont go there to often cause its pretty expensive! Today, even with best layed plans ended up an UD. Which is ok, I wanted to try to do a M,W,F permanent DD thing as a new schedule. With summer coming and travel softball. It would be easier to do it this way. I want to make permanent M,W,F DD's Saturdays a MD, and Sunday, Tuesdays, and Thursdays my permanent UD's til summer is over. With the travel softball we will spend most of our weekends on the road and eating out. Fridays and Sundays being the sit down dinners and Saturdays usually is concessions stand or fast food. I decided since today ended up not what I planned to go ahead and try it for 2 weeks to see what happens, to know if it will work out. No harm in trying it!!

Anyways, just got home and now need to finish the laundry before the work week starts!!!!! Thank you everyone again!!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
Congrats!!! So Amazing! Yay for you in those JR jeans! WOOT!
BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:38 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Ty!!!!

I wear alot of Junior clothes. I like the style better. I was starting to get worried because I was in a 19 and thats the highest they go. I really didnt know what I was gonna do if I out grew them!

I have an odd style of dressing to begin with......I am what I call a "conservative goth".....lol...........I love the black clothes and black nails, purple hair and so on......they dont really make that many plus size clothes in that fashion lol!!! But I dont go all out with it like some people I have seen!!! I prefer my purple hair and black nails and jeans and sweatshirts. <---conservative goth! My hubby would kill me if I walked around in a coffin fabric corset!!!! I can get away with stuff like that at halloween though lol!!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan

Fantastic!! Very happy for you, Tanya!

"Keep on a rockin' it, baby. . . just keep on a rockin' it, rockin' it. . ."
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #21
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Great thread and WONDERFUL inspiration! WTG, JUDDD BUDDD!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:28 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Ty Ty all again!!

So happy back to 173 lbs. I knew I could lose the bloat! I am just happy the scale is catching up with the inches. I was starting to worry I was measuring wrong lol!!

Oh and a few posts up I said about trying to make permanent DD/UD's. I decided against it. Even thought yesterday was suppose to be a DD and it ended up an UD. I am gonna continue with today an UD and keep my rotation. The rotation is working for me, so I should just stick with it. I can eat salads at the resturants in the summer so I can work it out!

That and I was wrong all along about my sis's wedding. I was thinking it was a DD but it will be an UD. I knew shes marrying on a Friday and I kept thinking it was a saturday. So an UD will work out and I wont need a FD! <----make any sense lol!!!

Last edited by krow134; 04-16-2012 at 04:33 AM..
Old 04-16-2012, 04:53 AM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Horsetrainer110
Stats: 189/177/140 then we'll see
Start Date: 1/15/03(then lost 96 lbs) 3/5/12 (now)
Congratulations!!!! I love reading these success stories!!!
Horsetrainer110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:21 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: carla70
Stats: 225/225/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 05/05/2014
Tanya you are doing great keep up the great job. You are in inspiration!
carla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:45 AM   #25

Gallery: pocahontas
pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:47 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
I'm so happy for you. Reading your post made me feel super positive. Have a great anniversary dinner, congrats on 21 years together
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Tyvm everyone!!!!!!!

Muff- it was fun! We havent had alot of alone time with everything between work and kids. But we saw the movie, holding hands lol! Then we went to dinner and just talked! It was just what I was hoping for!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
Tyvm everyone!!!!!!!

Muff- it was fun! We havent had alot of alone time with everything between work and kids. But we saw the movie, holding hands lol! Then we went to dinner and just talked! It was just what I was hoping for!!!
Sounds wonderful, Tanya! Glad you got to enjoy this together.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:43 PM   #29

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Tanya, I missed your post, so sorry. I was traveling that day and didn't do a good search, just did my "User Control Panel" stuff.

You wrote so touchingly about your successes, it brought tears to my eyes. As did you description of your date night with your DH. You clearly have a great relationship.

I am so thrilled that JUDDD is making you as happy as it does me.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:43 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

TY TY everyone!!

Yes it was a great night! We do get along quite well, which is surprizing......cause we are day and night!!! He's loud, I am quiet. He is forward, I am shy.....goes on and on!! lol!!! Hes still the best! So that makes me better!!! Hahahahahah!!! Sorry inside joke there!