Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 07:01 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bevonjuddd
Stats: 18(UK)-198/12/14-158/12-140 - 5'7" - Age 51
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 02.01.12
How to reduce mental stress on JUDDD

Stop weighing every day! It's just not worth the worry. I weigh once a week and the scale is consistently down unless I've had to stop JUDDD. This week I snuck a quick peek mid week - no loss. I started fretting, but when I weighed in at the end of the week, I was 3lb down.

So, I say: just relax, stick to the numbers and enjoy the sense of achievement you get from seeing that scale go down once a week.

Bev
bevonjuddd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2012, 07:03 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: northandcold23
Stats: 134/117/112
Thanks bevonjudd - I have to remember this and not to weigh during certain times of the month or after salty meals etc.
Your post is a great reminder.
northandcold23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:04 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Glad weighing once a week works well for you.
I personally weigh everyday since I have some pretty big bounces. If I weighed on a low bounce day and then next week it happened to be a big bounce day, I am afraid I would be very stressed. I like to chart my weight so I can see the bouncing pattern. I have reached the point that I can almost guess what I will weigh tomorrow. Now it is a game to see if I am right. Bounce, Bounce, Bounce.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:15 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: free2b
Stats: 248/225/180
Start Date: March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevonjuddd View Post
Stop weighing every day! It's just not worth the worry. I weigh once a week and the scale is consistently down unless I've had to stop JUDDD. This week I snuck a quick peek mid week - no loss. I started fretting, but when I weighed in at the end of the week, I was 3lb down.

So, I say: just relax, stick to the numbers and enjoy the sense of achievement you get from seeing that scale go down once a week.

Bev
This is so true for me, too.
free2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:40 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
Quote:

Bev

EXACTLY!!

I never understand daily weighters. Idk about anyone else, but, Uhm, after an UD I'm still holding weight that will be lost within a few hours if you KWIM, lol.
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:41 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
My weight is extremely sensitive to hormone changes, and twice a month I gain scale weight... ovulation, and menstruation. I know this from daily weighing over months and months and seeing the patterns emerge, so they don't bother me. Well, it bothers me a little... I'm jealous of those who don't get the wild swings I wish I didn't retain water so much! But anyways, if I weighed only weekly I might not have noticed this pattern, and I likely would have a very disappointing weekly weigh in twice a month... the "bloat" only lasts 3-4 days but there's a good chance the weekly weigh in would fall on bloat days that way.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/low carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
My weight is extremely sensitive to hormone changes, and twice a month I gain scale weight... ovulation, and menstruation. I know this from daily weighing over months and months and seeing the patterns emerge, so they don't bother me. Well, it bothers me a little... I'm jealous of those who don't get the wild swings I wish I didn't retain water so much! But anyways, if I weighed only weekly I might not have noticed this pattern, and I likely would have a very disappointing weekly weigh in twice a month... the "bloat" only lasts 3-4 days but there's a good chance the weekly weigh in would fall on bloat days that way.
Same here. Always around ovulation and TOM. Honestly, it doesn't matter what I eat and how much or how little I eat around those times (I've tested and experimented with this). That 2-3lb gain twice a month happens regardless, and will always go down afterwards. I've been weighing daily ever since I started JUDDD and have learned SO much about my own body and I'm like clockwork.

Daily weighing and also religiously tracking my calories has helped me so much in relaxing and calming down about water weight and otherwise "strange weight bounces" because it always, always, always goes back down. I see the patterns and have learned, for example, that water weight from a much higher carb UD or a way overboard UD for me rarely shows up the day right afterwards on the scale, but will show up the next day after that instead and the water retention will stay until about 3-4 days after that carby day. If I continue sticking to the rotation, it always goes back down.

I just look at my weight chart and see that the overall pattern is still going down, and all is right.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #8
lavender and lace

Gallery: Violet_Dream
Stats: 193.8/184.8/135 ~5'9"~
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 11/17/2014
Quote:

Bev
I agree. I'm coming off an hcg round where I've been weighing every day and saw a loss each day. However, when I start JUDD (which should be any day now)...I'm going to start with every other day only after a DD. Then every third day, etc. Other than that, I completely agree with weighing once a week...body weight fluctuates way too much IMHO.
Violet_Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:31 PM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
I think the title of this thread says it all. If daily weighing stresses you out, weigh once a week. Sensible.

I weigh daily because it's important to me to see the patterns. But it doesn't stress me out, so no need to lessen the stress by weighing weekly.

Everyone is different.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:58 PM   #10

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
I think the title of this thread says it all. If daily weighing stresses you out, weigh once a week. Sensible.

I weigh daily because it's important to me to see the patterns. But it doesn't stress me out, so no need to lessen the stress by weighing weekly.

Everyone is different.
I weigh each morning and record the weight, then average the week out on Saturdays. That weekly average is how I gauge my maintenance.

But I don't bat a single eyelash at what the scale says until I get that final average for the week, and that's the only number that guides me.

For folks who really fixate on the exact scale number, probably weighing once a week is easier on the heart!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:58 PM   #11

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I may not like the scale in the morning as I have had to UD in a row. But for me, I almost enjoy the bounces, such a joy to see the JUDDD magic work again and again.

Everyone copes in their own way. The thing to remember is to relax and allow JUDDD to do its job. It works.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:05 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Showcats
Stats: 193/168.6/150 5'6" Age 48
Start Date: 4/1/12 (177.8)
I weigh every day but it doesn't stress me - it motivates me especially the morning after a DD!
Showcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 178/178/140...48 years old
Start Date: Start date: 11/17/2014
This wouldn't work for me, I weigh every morning right after peeing. If the number is up, no stress, I know daily fluctuations are normal, if I gained 5 pounds I might be a bit stressed as I know that is not normal unless I ate tons on a DD or something. I'm also not stressed by "monthly gains", that's when I do go up around 4 pounds.

I do know some folks get too stressed over the scale but thank goodness I'm not one of them, the scale keeps me on track.
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:29 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/145.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
If I don't weigh it usually means I am too busy eating and have completely "forgotten" that I am on a diet. I try not to stress about the ups and downs but I have come to learn this lesson the hard way. I can see why daily weighing seems strange to those who don't have the same issue.
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimberino
Stats: 235/141 50 yo
WOE: Atkins/now JUDDD
Start Date: 3 '09 Atkins-3 '12 JUDDD
I'm a daily weigher - keeps me on the straight and narrow. I have come to expect and anticipate the bounce, so no stress there.
kimberino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:42 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Good post!!! I am a firm believer in the tape measurer. I weigh only as a guide to progress. But I dont hold much with the numbers!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:52 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Daily no stress weigher here too. It's how I keep a handle on things before they can get out of hand. I know what my 'normal' bounces are, and if it's more than that, I know to reign it in a bit for a few days. Since I do higher DD's in maint. than in wlm, if I go up too much, I kick it back down to 500 for a couple and I'm good.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:44 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
I am horrrrrrible with the tape measure. The scale is what it is, but I never trust the numbers I get with the tape measure... I always think... am I holding it tighter than last time? looser? Am I measuring at the exact same spot? Especially for my hips, depending on how much butt I get in there it makes a big difference in the numbers. So I'm forever second guessing myself, I can lose 2 inches and gain 2 inches in a week with inaccurate measurements so I just don't bother! I go with how loose my pants are getting, I guess that I can't flub up!
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:36 AM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
I am horrrrrrible with the tape measure. The scale is what it is, but I never trust the numbers I get with the tape measure... I always think... am I holding it tighter than last time? looser? Am I measuring at the exact same spot? Especially for my hips, depending on how much butt I get in there it makes a big difference in the numbers. So I'm forever second guessing myself, I can lose 2 inches and gain 2 inches in a week with inaccurate measurements so I just don't bother! I go with how loose my pants are getting, I guess that I can't flub up!
Yep.

In all honesty, if I could get back to wearing my "skinny" clothes, I wouldn't really care what the scale said. It's not like we have this blinking, neon sign on our back, "She weighs 125! 125! 130! 125!". I am terrible at guessing other people's weight and I reckon most people are, too (and they dont care, either.)

Tried on a bunch of stuff I haven't been able to even consider in a long time last night and I'm thrilled to report almost everything was really loose, some are too loose! And they fit better than they did when I was at a slightly lower weight, so my shape is becoming better proportioned. Oh what a great feeling!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:50 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nickicaps
WOE: Raw Vegan
The scale is my arch nemesis, so I don't even own one. Every two weeks or so, I weigh myself on a medical scale at the gym. If I weigh any more frequently than that and am not happy with the number, my pattern is to quit. And I don't want to quit JUDDD, especially seeing all of the lovely people here progress so beautifully. You all truly inspire me daily!
nickicaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Well here's the funny thing.. I am a daily weigher.. and now i can truly say.. I love to watch the bounce,, and try to guess at what my number will be tommorrw.. When i first started JUDDD this was not true i had an issue with the gains for i did not understand them.. i know now.. you cant gain 5 pounds of fat over nite.. and so i learned to relax and enjoy the journey.. i love my scale
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spank'd
Stats: 223/217/145
Start Date: Restarted 1/11/14
I'm a daily weigher too. I also look for patterns, and noticed last month that the weight loss had slowed considerably.

Once I reviewed my chart for the past weeks, I noticed a definite calorie glut on my up days which were reflected in the weigh-ins.

I'm not sure I would have noticed otherwise.
Spank'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #23

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I had more stress when my scale broke and I didn't have one for 2 days.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank'd View Post
I'm a daily weigher too. I also look for patterns, and noticed last month that the weight loss had slowed considerably.

Once I reviewed my chart for the past weeks, I noticed a definite calorie glut on my up days which were reflected in the weigh-ins.

I'm not sure I would have noticed otherwise.
I too would never have saw my pattern either if i had not wrote it down every day.. My weight hangs at the same number durring the TOM week. even though i have no cycle any more the homones left in there still stall forward progress.. BUT! I know its only due to that,, and not any thing i have failed at, so me i needed to see this from daily weight ins,
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: changemylife!
Stats: Jan 2006: (190) 180/125
Start Date: 1-1-2006
SoHappy - I love the idea of daily weighing but then taking a weekly average to assess results. Brilliant!
changemylife! is offline   Reply With Quote