Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Horsetrainer110
Stats: 189/177/140 then we'll see
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/15/03(then lost 96 lbs) 3/5/12 (now)
Unsure about how this works

It was my understanding (dim understanding at that!) that by fasting or low cal every other day you activate some gene in your body that is akin to ketosis. And that it takes awhile for this gene to come into play.

Then I read someone saying they just started this diet, had 1 DD, cheated several days in a row and lost weight anyway. So I don't understand how that is possible without the gene being activated??? I'm working hard to do this right so my body goes into "that state" of ketosis or whatever....then something like that confuses me and I think I don't know how this works!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
Let me see if I can explain this correctly.

A normal person can have weight swings of 2-5 lbs between morning to evening everyday. This is due to food and liquids and how fast your stomache/bowels empty/digest the contents. It takes everyones body hours to digest and move through til it become urine/bm. When a person limits calories, your stomache/bowels isnt quite as full as normally would be. Then on a DD a person has even more limited calories so your stomache/bowels content is way less. This in turns makes you weigh less. In the begining some people drop a few pound right away because they are all of a sudden limiting what they are eating on UD/DD's. So the day before you start JUDDD you may have ate 3500 calories, the day you start JUDDD you eat 1800 cals, the very next day your eating 500 cals. 1800 and 500 calories if you look at it as heavy and light as in weigh not food, are way lighter than 3500........see what I am saying?!?!?!

I know what I am trying to say but not sure it came out of my head right.......lol!!!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!

Last edited by krow134; 04-14-2012 at 07:48 PM..
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:57 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Sort of.... that's not weight lost though....
Horsetrainer110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:02 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/137.7/125; 5'1"
WOE: HCG Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 07/2014
It is weight loss, it's just not FAT loss...
metqa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:04 PM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
You activate the SIRT 1 gene.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Most of us don't really understand it either, I think. Which is why we refer to it as "magic". It isn't really magic, but sometimes it seems like it.

It's possible, that some people have that enzyme activated very quickly, even after just one day of severe calorie restriction. It's also possible that simply adding in some carbs can cause the metabolism to burn hotter in order to deal with them (in a person who isn't metabolically damaged from chronic low cal). Sort of how a cheat day when on vlc can kick start weight loss for some.

It is def better to do the rotation as prescribed and respect those calorie numbers. Because even if it seems to work to cheat in the first week, I think that would eventually catch up to a person and backfire.

We are all different, and each person responds differently to this woe. Some lose weight right away, and others (like me) need time for healing to happen first.

All you can do is try it, and see how you respond. Don't go into it thinking, "I can cheat and it will still work for me." Rather plan to do it as prescribed, but know that if you mess up in the beginning, it doesn't mean you are doomed and should just quit. Because there is always tomorrow to get back in rotation and back on track.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:12 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsetrainer110 View Post
Sort of.... that's not weight lost though....
It is still weightloss! Just as metqa said its not fat loss yet.

Some people however can active the SIRT1 gene quickly. Others it can take up to a month to active it. Just like with Atkins some can hit ketosis quickly while others it takes a bit for thier bodies to get into it. It all comes down to a "You miles may vary" thing. Each of our bodies are different so its hard to say why one person can have things happen one way while others have it happen another.
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:30 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

I wish we could pee on a stick and see if SIRT1 was active!
Old 04-14-2012, 08:32 PM   #9
Mrs. Robbie Williams

Gallery: hippiegirl
I'm thinking you're referring to my thread from earlier today. Although I did do two up days in a row, and had a higher DD than I should have, I still had a lot fewer calories on the messed up DD than normal. My UD guidelines are 2788, so the difference between 1000 and 2788 is still significant. That's the only reason I can think of that I still managed to lose weight this week. Also, I haven't been dieting for about a month prior, so I'm sure I had a lot of water bloat that was lost quickly.

I totally think the numbers and rotations should be respected, but as someone upthread said, you just need to keep going. One of my biggest stumbling blocks with dieting in general is an all or nothing attitude, so that's why I just kept forging ahead despite my imperfection, rather than throwing in the towel or not counting the previous days.

Here's how the last five days broke down for me:

Day 1 - DD - nice and clean
Day 2 - UD - went as it should
Day 3 - DD - turned into an UD for social reasons. Moving right along...lol
Day 4 - DD - ate earlier in the day to take ibuprofen and awakened the monster. Struggled like mad. Wound up with close to 1000 calories total
Day 5 - UD - went as it should
Day 6 - DD - weighed and was shocked that I'd actually lost six pounds. Almost time for bed and I've done well. No early eating meant no wanting to gnaw off my arm or chase the Schwann's truck down the street.

I certainly don't expect to see good results without working the program as it's intended, but I'm glad I kept with it.

"The only difference between a rut and a grave is depth. Get moving now!" ~ My friend Carl's FB status

This one's for DJ.
hippiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:40 PM   #10

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Many people, like HG, for whatever reason aren't able to do the UD/DD rotations, at their prescribed calorie limits, to the "T" right from the beginning, and still lose weight. I personally think it's not JUST water weight. Just the fact that they're trying, and shaking up what their bodies are used to, IMHO, is enough to jump-start the SIRT1 activation, and thus FAT loss. This is really just my opinion, and I don't have any research to back it up, but I truly believe it's so.

Is it better to do the first week by the book? I firmly believe so.

Will it work if you have a few stumbles along the way? I firmly believe this too!

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

It's still confusing to me, but the fog has lifted a little! I'm just trying to understand how it works, when it works... I have to know these things lol!!! I'm a google kinda gal....like to get my facts straight.

hippiegirl...I think I sort of get it.... although I just don't get how we lose weight if that gene isn't activated. I guess I did low carb for so long I think you have to be in ketosis and if you cheat you are knocked out of it.... and I really did think that you would have to do this diet for several weeks before it started working. I was very militant about low carb and did not cheat! Cause the stick wasn't pink if I did and I lived for pink!
Old 04-15-2012, 12:37 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
I think - just by lowering our average calories we're going to lose weight in the short term, as with any low cal diet (we don't want to continue with just low cal - because we'll get frustrated and stop losing - well I do anyway, which is why I found this WOE so difficult to believe in when I started!) - the SIRT1 gene kicks in and eventually allows us to have the odd 'not perfect day' as it is in the body.

As for the reliance on being in ketosis and having pink sticks.... previously I've been stalled whilst being pink, I've gained whilst being pink....

JUDDD does other things for our body - it's a little like ketosis - in fact some people have reported being in ketosis, even if they have carbs .

You will know when the SIRT1 gene kicks in - you'll just feel it - others are better at describing it then I am.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:30 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

This is just all so intriguing!! I need to get the book. Wonder if I can get it on my kindle...
Old 04-15-2012, 05:09 AM   #14

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Plus, the sirtuins start to activate at the very first missed meal, or very reduced calorie day. It takes 2 weeks to a month to build up to the max level, but those little guys start producing right away.

The book can be purchased on Amazon for the Kindle. I keep meaning to, but haven't yet.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:17 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Part One: What It Is

O-tay, let's see if I can put this together in a cohesive way that sort of makes sense .

Most bodies periodically and cyclically reach a state that is sometimes called 'caloric stress response'. This is the point where some metabolically significant amount of free energy (glucose in the blood, glycogen in the liver) has been depleted and the body needs more energy. This happens almost every night and, depending on each individual's metabolism, when a meal is late or skipped.

In most bodies the initial reaction to caloric stress response goes back to our good old caveman ancestors: I'm hungry, I need to go hunt me a tasty mammoth or forage some munchy leaves/grains ... I need more free energy before I -ing starve! But my internal energy levels are low. I don't have enough free energy to go get more free energy! What to do? What to do?
What most bodies do is activate those blessed sirtuin proteins/enzymes (SEs).

SEs tell the body to create some new free energy by burning fat preferentially – keep your hands those muscles! We need them for the hunt! SEs give the body a little punch of health to make hunting and/or gathering food – and surviving the hunger - easier to do. SE activation begins the magic.

But it is only the beginning.

Once activated SEs flood the bloodstream and burn up as the body responds to them. But SE utilization involves a critical time table. If the body does not ingest enough food to produce more free energy within, roughly, 40 hours then caloric stress response becomes overwhelming and the body passes into what we call 'starvation mode'. Metabolism slows down, the body stops burning fat preferentially and begins cannibalizing both muscle and fat, and other nasty things we want no part of begin to happen.
If we eat enough calories within that – on average - 40 hour window then caloric stress response stops. SE production stops.

But some of those SEs are still floating around in our blood, burning up gradually. And – what a surprise - if caloric stress response begins again SE activation starts over.

This is a perfectly normal cycle. This is what our bodies are designed to do.
When JUDDDing we reactivate SE production every DD. And we keep it going for the whole DD. Gradually the amount of SE in our blood builds up and builds up until we reach a stage of SE saturation. And all that SE sloshing around in our blood continues to tell our bodies to get healthy so we can wrassle mammoths and to burn fat so we have plenty of energy to do so.

Even when we eat on UD, our bodies continue to respond to the SEs.

Some people’s bodies either respond to or accumulate SE quickly. Even in the first week of JUDDDing they have enough SE so they can ‘cheat’ and fat continues to burn. Other people respond to or accumulate SE slowly so cheating can take them right out of caloric stress response.

High and low metabolisms play into this too. Some people slide right through caloric stress response and into starvation mode in way under 40 hours. Others remain in caloric stress response way more than 40 hours.

This is why I say JUDDD is not a low calorie woe. This is why some people can eat way over their calculated UD calories and still lose weight (and some people can't).

In JUDDD we are trying to reach and maintain SE saturation. We are trying to tell our bodies to always burn fat preferentially. We are trying to build health up and up and up while losing weight.

The cool thing is, once staturated, it takes on average 10 to 14 days for all the SEs to be depleted. This allows us to take vacations and deal with life happening from time to time without regaining as much weight as we probably would have.

Does that help?

Stay tuned. I am working on Part Two. The plot definitely thickens.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 04-15-2012 at 05:31 AM..
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:51 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
Well, in reality, almost anyone who severely restricts calories, if even for a day, is gonna see a drop on the scale. Think about it...you don't have to be doing JUDDD to lose weight, any sort of calorie restriction, even if short, can result in a weight loss. KWIM?
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:59 AM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
[QUOTE=Horsetrainer110;15580986]It's still confusing to me, but the fog has lifted a little! I'm just trying to understand how it works, when it works... I have to know these things lol!!! I'm a google kinda gal....like to get my facts straight.

QUOTE]
Then I suggest you order the book. It is cheap and small and I refer back to it often. The actual name of the book is "The Alternate-Day Diet" by James B. Johnson, MD and Donald R. Laub, Sr,. M.D. I am glad I ordered the book so I can read about the things that are happening.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/148/139 JUDDD 01/08/12
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:39 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Part Two: Communication would be so easy if we didn't have to use words

All you LCers and former LCers out there, a show of hands, please.

How many of you recognized it when I said SE causes the body to burn fat preferentially, preserve muscle, and improve health? How many of you wondered, "She's talking about ketosis, isn't she?"

Well, I am and I am't.

Dr A invented the word 'ketosis' as all of the above happening as the result of eating LC. He wanted to differentiate LC from various very bad illness that involve burning fat, I think. He was right to do so. Heaven knows the old 'ketosis = ketoacidosis' myth is still alive and well forty years later.

Dr A died the same year Dr J published. This makes me very sad for a variety of reasons. I suspect those two could have synergized something wonderful. I suspect Dr A would have done a lot of research then shouted, SE explains ketosis!

I think this because both WOEs have the same results. Results that include weight loss, asthma and allergies improvement, blood glucose stabilization, cholesterol improvement, energy expansion, euphoria, and on and on and on.

I think the body recognizes and responds to LC as caloric stress response. I cannot find any formal tests (yet) but I suspect an LCer who is in ketosis has very high levels of SE. I KNOW many carb-eating JUDDD BUDDDs use ketostix and find they test positive for ketones on DD.

I think LC and JUDDD are two paths that lead to the same goal.

I can't say JUDDD leads to ketosis. It does ... but JUDDD does not require we eat LC, and Dr A's definition requires eating LC so I can't say it. (Hint: if you run internet searches on 'ketosis' you will find the definition is morphing to include Fasting, IF, and intermittent caloric restriction.)

As our knowledge of metabolism and body hydration and how body weight really works increases, I suspect a lot of really interesting new connections are going to appear. I think other WOEs are going to meld into the picture more and more.

I am excited, we live in very interesting times!
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:50 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: babykinz
WOE: LCishJUDDD

gotsomeold You are just a Gold mine of information! and so very well said too...are you a teacher?
babykinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:54 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Showcats
Stats: 193/168.6/150 5'6" Age 48
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 4/1/12 (177.8)
Nancy, thank you for the great explanation. I am only in my second week so this helps tremendously!

I do have a question. Does the number of calories consumed on a DD affect the calories that will eventually be the DD during maintainance? For example, if my DD calories are 500 and when I reach goal I can eat 800 to maintain, if I fast on DD, would I still be able to eat 800 or just the 300 calorie difference? I am far from goal but don't want to do anything that could negatively impact maintainance. Thanks and hopes this makes sense!
Old 04-15-2012, 08:58 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Nancy- AWESOME explanation!! If you don't teach, you should! Thanks for taking the time to explain this. I learned something!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:28 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mainemom
Stats: 147/125/115 5' 1"
WOE: LC; Intermittent Fasting; Wheat Free
Start Date: January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
O-tay, let's see if I can put this together in a cohesive way that sort of makes sense .

Most bodies periodically and cyclically reach a state that is sometimes called 'caloric stress response'. This is the point where some metabolically significant amount of free energy (glucose in the blood, glycogen in the liver) has been depleted and the body needs more energy. This happens almost every night and, depending on each individual's metabolism, when a meal is late or skipped.

In most bodies the initial reaction to caloric stress response goes back to our good old caveman ancestors: I'm hungry, I need to go hunt me a tasty mammoth or forage some munchy leaves/grains ... I need more free energy before I -ing starve! But my internal energy levels are low. I don't have enough free energy to go get more free energy! What to do? What to do?

SEs tell the body to create some new free energy by burning fat preferentially – keep your hands those muscles! We need them for the hunt! SEs give the body a little punch of health to make hunting and/or gathering food – and surviving the hunger - easier to do. SE activation begins the magic.

Once activated SEs flood the bloodstream and burn up as the body responds to them. But SE utilization involves a critical time table. If the body does not ingest enough food to produce more free energy within, roughly, 40 hours then caloric stress response becomes overwhelming and the body passes into what we call 'starvation mode'. Metabolism slows down, the body stops burning fat preferentially and begins cannibalizing both muscle and fat, and other nasty things we want no part of begin to happen.
If we eat enough calories within that – on average - 40 hour window then caloric stress response stops. SE production stops.

But some of those SEs are still floating around in our blood, burning up gradually. And – what a surprise - if caloric stress response begins again SE activation starts over.

When JUDDDing we reactivate SE production every DD. And we keep it going for the whole DD. Gradually the amount of SE in our blood builds up and builds up until we reach a stage of SE saturation. And all that SE sloshing around in our blood continues to tell our bodies to get healthy so we can wrassle mammoths and to burn fat so we have plenty of energy to do so.

Some people’s bodies either respond to or accumulate SE quickly. Even in the first week of JUDDDing they have enough SE so they can ‘cheat’ and fat continues to burn. Other people respond to or accumulate SE slowly so cheating can take them right out of caloric stress response.

High and low metabolisms play into this too. Some people slide right through caloric stress response and into starvation mode in way under 40 hours. Others remain in caloric stress response way more than 40 hours.

This is why I say JUDDD is not a low calorie woe. This is why some people can eat way over their calculated UD calories and still lose weight (and some people can't).

In JUDDD we are trying to reach and maintain SE saturation. We are trying to tell our bodies to always burn fat preferentially. We are trying to build health up and up and up while losing weight.

The cool thing is, once staturated, it takes on average 10 to 14 days for all the SEs to be depleted. This allows us to take vacations and deal with life happening from time to time without regaining as much weight as we probably would have.

Does that help?

Nancy - what a wonderful "layman's" explanation! You should write "JUDDDing For Dummies!" I actually copied this (and part 2) to a word document to send to my sister who is somewhat interested but kinda confused w/my half-***ed explanation. Of course, I told her to get on this forum and read the stickies and threads, but this little primer of yours will definitely nudge her in the right direction. Thank you for taking the time for writing this!
mainemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:35 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 170.4/170.4/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD/low carb
Start Date: Start date: July 16, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsetrainer110 View Post
This is just all so intriguing!! I need to get the book. Wonder if I can get it on my kindle...
I just got the book and it really helped me understand SIRT1 and why this WOE works. I highly reccomend it.
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:05 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Margarita :)
WOE: NT
Start Date: 6/14/2013
Quote:

Does that help?

Someone needs to copy this into its own thread, and make it a sticky. This explanation makes more sense than anything I've ever read about JUDDD.
Margarita :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:23 AM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Nancy, Thank you!! I wish this could be part of a sticky up top.

I don't remember where, but recently I came across an article that said Low Carb, as a way of entering ketosis, actually came OUT OF calorie restriction/fasting/IF. CR & it's variations were the premier known way of entering ketosis in the first place. And Dr. A and other LCers took from this and found a relatively painless way for people to enter into ketosis without having to restrict calories, at least nothing on the level of CR. By LCg, they could eat more fat/protein and get the appetite suppressing effects of ketosis, therefore having lower calories burn fat, lose weight. But the "original" method was CR and it's variations.

Anyway, thanks for that great detailed and easy-to-understand explanation. I was hoping you'd pop in here with it.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 04-15-2012 at 11:07 AM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #26

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
Remember Beeb's Words of Widsom thread? I just added those two posts from Nancy to that thread.
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:57 PM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Does that help?

Thank you!!!!!!!! I've ordered the book and it's on my kindle.....now to find time to sit down and read.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:27 AM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
I haven't read up on it - but if I remember correctly Alcoholics - if they don't eat - go into ketosis. It would therefore follow that eating less leads to ketosis.

Again, it may be an urban myth, but haven't people who've been following and Low Carb WOE been arrested for drunk driving - but in fact have just been in ketosis?
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:41 AM   #29

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/137.7/125; 5'1"
WOE: HCG Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 07/2014
Don't those measure ethanol? the ketones released in the breath are primarily acetone.

Hmm, but older models of machines and home models may oxidize acetone but the ones use by cops are supposed to be fuel cells style and according to Wiki, "Acetone is one of the many substances that can be falsely identified as ethyl alcohol by some breath machines. However, fuel cell based systems are non-responsive to substances like acetone." So I guess if a county has some really old equipment it could register your dieter's breath as drunk breath! Diabetics also.
metqa is online now   Reply With Quote