Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 01:29 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
I Needed To hear This - Thank You, Beeb!

This is what Linda said in reply to another post:

"I would be a big liar if I said DDs were easy! They are NOT, even after 8+ months on JUDDD. I look forward to them 1/2 the time and the other 1/2 I feel like throwing in the towel and just eating, eating, eating, BUT that is not an option to me if I want to stay healthy AND thin.

Distractions help. But life throws us curve balls all the time and it is to our benefit to find other solutions rather than eating. Food is NOT the answer, and sometimes more the problem than what we are going through at the moment.

Hang in there, find tools that help make those DD a little better, and keep up the good work you are doing for yourself!"

Just had to repost this...its exactly how I feel...but not something you see posted very often!

I have been Juddding for a month less than Linda, and maintaining for 6 months....and while I don't dread my DD's, i don't look forward to them either! Some are easy, and some are white-knuckle....but its the UD's I REALLY enjoy!

I was beginning to feel like the odd one out, not loving my DD's....especially as I NEVER have trouble eating all my calories, DD or UD....oh, to have that problem...

Most of the posts you get say how easy DD's become...and how much they can be enjoyed...and that can happen!

But for me...and, judging by the replys to Beebs original comment....quite often they are not!

Of course they are totally worth it...for keeping slim, and healthy...but always a breeze....not!

So a big and a for your comment Linda..you

hugs
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
to you too Joedi! I think losing weight is a tough thing to do, no matter what method is chosen... I'm learning DDs are pretty tough, not all but some, and like you said-- the pay off is worth it.

Like my sig says-- I can tolerate a bit of discomfort and still be ok. DDs will NOT kill me. Being vastly overweight just might...

S.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
..........life throws us curve balls all the time and it is to our benefit to find other solutions rather than eating. Food is NOT the answer, and sometimes more the problem than what we are going through at the moment..........
I glad you included this part of her post too, Jo. I think one of the most appalling habits many of us ever got into was turning to food to comfort ourselves from outside problems, when food couldn't address the problems at all. It only brought on an additional great problem.. overweight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
..........DDs will NOT kill me. Being vastly overweight just might..........
Yes. Good thought.

Truthfully, I rarely have problems with DDs. I have such large and satisfying meals, since I fix great big veggie plates, I could almost use a platter to serve myself sometimes. I'm very rarely hungry on Down Days. I eat a LOT of food.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
When you get a moment Pat, would you mind posting an example DD menu? i am sure it would give a lot of Judders a good example of what you can actually get for your calories.

Hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #5

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
When you get a moment Pat, would you mind posting an example DD menu? i am sure it would give a lot of Judders a good example of what you can actually get for your calories.

Hugs
Jo
x
I will, Jo. Yet this evening, hopefully. Right now I'm cleaning and sorting and trying to leave a tidy house for DH. The freezer and refrigerator are stocked with *easy food* for him. He's had a lifetime of glaucoma, much of it (of course) before they ever had very good drops to treat it, and his vision isn't quite as sharp as it would otherwise be. Well, and the vision in one eye is almost completely gone because of a surgery that hemorrhaged afterward. He's been athletic and vigorous all his life though, so that has stood him in good stead. I just try to make everything uncomplicated for him if he has to manage for awhile on his own. I love that guy.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:11 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'd find that helpful too and your hubby's a lucky guy with you taking good care of him, and yourself!

Soren
Old 04-14-2012, 06:29 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Oh, Jo, I never loved the DDs either. Other than the nice "DD Glow", of course, which counts for a lot, and has been a great motivator to do the near-fasting. But I just wasn't made for such low calories over 36 hours, and that's why I eventually raised my DDs to 600 - 850, and even do my MUDDD and Fast 5 days with much less "pain".

Last edited by sophiethecat; 04-14-2012 at 06:30 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:59 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimberino
Stats: 235/141 50 yo
WOE: Atkins/now JUDDD
Start Date: 3 '09 Atkins-3 '12 JUDDD
DDs are a struggle for me and I've been doing this only 3 weeks. However, after a successful DD, I have such a feeling of accomplishment having gotten through it. It's like "kudos to me", especially since I have a voracious appetite and a pretty unhealthy past relationship with food. I'm finding that DDs are "anchoring" me and helping me to actually think about what's going in my mouth.
kimberino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:03 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
See I am a strange one then. I love my DD's. I dont have to cook for me, or worry about making my lunch. I can serve my family the foods I hate and have a reason why I dont have it on my dinner plate. And on those days I dont have to make a double dinner, one for them and one for me. I find that DD's are so much less stressful for me!!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Some DDs are pretty easy for me, especially if I'm busy. Some days I deal with head hunger, but I'm rarely physically hungry. I've learned to deal with that. I can't say I actually ENJOY DDs, but I sure do enjoy getting on the scales the next morning. It's so worth it!
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:57 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
I am one who doesn't mind DD in the least...

Maybe it's cuz the next morning I weigh and it's then that I see my losses.

I have a problem eating all my UD calories. It's bordering on binging for me to eat them all cuz I end up feeling so incredibly full that it borders on nausea.
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyjupiter View Post
I am one who doesn't mind DD in the least...

Maybe it's cuz the next morning I weigh and it's then that I see my losses.

I have a problem eating all my UD calories. It's bordering on binging for me to eat them all cuz I end up feeling so incredibly full that it borders on nausea.
You don't have to make yourself sick! you can leave a few off, no problem (per Dr J's book). My upper limit is 2200+, and I usually do about 1900-2000 on an UD, and it's working for me.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/116/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
I too would like to see what others eat on a DD! They are not easy for me at all, either are the UD which for me are under 1400! For me all the numbers are way too low!

Looking forward to see what everyone eats on DD that is so filling!

Thanks All!
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:06 PM   #14

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
I too would like to see what others eat on a DD! They are not easy for me at all, either are the UD which for me are under 1400! For me all the numbers are way too low!

Looking forward to see what everyone eats on DD that is so filling!

Thanks All!
My DD today consisted of:

B: 1/2 C egg whites with 1 T bacon bits and hot sauce
L: 1 whole bag of Trader Joe's Shrimp Stir Fry with Vegetables (2.5 servings!)
D: Wendy's small chili with Trader Joe's habanero sauce

I honestly was still full from lunch when I ate dinner, but I'm doing an experiment to see if eating close to 500 calories on DDs will increase or slow down my rate of loss. Today was 484 calories, and as you can see, I had quite a bit of food, good protein, lots of veggies, and very little prep work or cooking involved.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote