Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melisa82
Stats: 5'6" SW 244 CW Too Much GW 160
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3/27/12
Sleeping on JUDDD

Since starting JUDDD 2 weeks ago I have lost around 8 pounds and have been sleeping like a baby.

The problem is, my DH is constantly pushing me in my sleep because, I start snoring/sounding like darth vader and my nose makes a whistle noise! He says it happens around the same time every night. What the Why do you think this is? Maybe, that's when I get into deep sleep? How can I alleviate this problem, so he can get some sleep? He's been a little cranky from lack of sleep.
melisa82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melisa82 View Post
Since starting JUDDD 2 weeks ago I have lost around 8 pounds and have been sleeping like a baby.

The problem is, my DH is constantly pushing me in my sleep because, I start snoring/sounding like darth vader and my nose makes a whistle noise! He says it happens around the same time every night. What the Why do you think this is? Maybe, that's when I get into deep sleep? How can I alleviate this problem, so he can get some sleep? He's been a little cranky from lack of sleep.

I think that's exactly what is happening. You are falling into a deeper sleep, perhaps deeper than you had previously experienced much of... perhaps you are reaching this deep sleep period sooner in the nighttime now, and your DH isn't yet deeply asleep enough that he can sleep through it, so it wakes him back up out of his lighter sleep.

The only thing I can think of is for him to just nudge you and tell you to roll over. That's what I do to my DH if he ever snores and wakes me up.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
ear plugs for DH. I sleep with the soft ones every night so DH's snoring doesn't wake me up. Been doing it for years. Love them.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
Breathe right strips
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
ear plugs for DH. I sleep with the soft ones every night so DH's snoring doesn't wake me up. Been doing it for years. Love them.
He can still hear me through the ear plugs... I tried breathe right strips but they gave me a rash. Hmmm...guess, I'll have to keep looking for solutions. Really want to get a tape recorder and set it up before bed, that way I can hear what it sounds like.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:40 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Horsetrainer110
Stats: 189/177/140 then we'll see
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/15/03(then lost 96 lbs) 3/5/12 (now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
Breathe right strips

second this!
Horsetrainer110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
Breathe right strips
Third this!!!!!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by melisa82 View Post
He can still hear me through the ear plugs... I tried breathe right strips but they gave me a rash. Hmmm...guess, I'll have to keep looking for solutions. Really want to get a tape recorder and set it up before bed, that way I can hear what it sounds like.
I can't hear a thing with mine. I do not want to insult you but GOSH, how loud are you? I thought DH snored loudly but if your DH can still hear you, ??? unless he isn't stuffing them far enough into his ears. I use the kind that you buy for shooting guns. They are orange.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:24 PM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Some people have very sensitive hearing. I am one such person.

I once had a hearing test in a "sound-proof" booth. The tech commented after my test that I only missed one beep, and that was next to unheard of. I told him it must have been when he coughed. He looked at me like I had super-powers. Apparently, most people can't hear anything outside those booths. And he had coughed!

I actually keep earplugs (the orange shooting range type) in my purse at all times just in case we end up going to a movie or other loud event that wasn't pre-planned. I literally cannot sit through a movie (even a romantic comedy or such) without earplugs. The noise, to me, is so loud I end up with tears in my eyes from the sheer pain! With the earplugs, I think I probably hear about how "normal" people do.

So, long story short (haha), DH snored for years before he got his CPAP machine and I ALWAYS wore earplugs. I still woke up at least 30 times/night to kick him!

On the other hand, if there are too many sources of noise going on, I can't hear any of it clearly. It all gets jumbled up.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:54 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I can't hear a thing with mine. I do not want to insult you but GOSH, how loud are you? I thought DH snored loudly but if your DH can still hear you, ??? unless he isn't stuffing them far enough into his ears. I use the kind that you buy for shooting guns. They are orange.

No offense taken, but he wears the ORANGE ones. He works in a machine shop, and those are the ones they issue him. IDK. He complained in the past, but moreso since I started JUDDD.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:28 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Yo are probably falling into a deeper sleep. Over time reducing inflammation and normalizing blood glucose can do that.

Have you been tested for sleep apnea?

When DH's snoring got really loud I used to wake up, wait for him to stop breathing, then poke him.

Sleep apnea is very serious. Snoring is one of the most frequent symptoms. Others are exhaustion, congestive heart failure and other internal organ breakdowns, depression from lack of sleep/REM sleep.

I swear my cpap machine.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote