Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 08:14 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: changemylife!
Stats: Jan 2006: (190) 180/125
Start Date: 1-1-2006
First week ups and downs (long)

I'm not actually done with a full week - I had my first UD last Sunday and first DD Monday.
My results are mixed...no staggering weight loss. After the first DD, I immediately showed a 3 pound loss. This seemed more like a "correction" than a loss since I had just gained it. I possibly lost one inch on my waist, which also felt like a correction...but I'm definitely NOT complaining I was still so relieved!
I kept the loss (maybe up/down the same 1 pound) throughout the week. Yesterday my DD possibly became a MD because my dinner order (salad) arrived with more extras than I was expected. But I had fasted all day just in case this would happen.
My best news is my energy level - ridiculously HIGH! I'm a massive coffee junkie & trying to cut back. This week I was able to make it through with only one large coffee per day - that's INCREDIBLE! I didn't crave any more, which is simply unheard of for me!
I work out every day & my workouts felt super productive. No problems with motivation whatsoever
My other exciting news is I've decided to stop drinking. I was only having wine 2 days per week, but it was a lot in each sitting. I thought I would give it a try & I had NO waivering at all with my decision last night while I was out at dinner & drinks with friends. It's now been since last Saturday since I've had any wine/alcohol! Woohoo!
My DDs are so much easier than my UDs...I'm supposed to be around 415 and I can easily do that on workdays. Weekends I'll just have to keep a closer eye on it. UDs have been suprisingly tougher for me! I'm at 1950 calories and find I have to plan carefully for it. I'm doing LC and the calories add up quickly after 3 meals/1 snack. I sort of feel "cheated" when I'm reading about people eating such fun treats I hope I can figure out more ideas for eating on UDs as time goes on.
I'm also still nervous about JUDDD working for my weight loss too since I haven't been able to get below 125 for long awhile. Once I get below that, I will be a full believer! I'm going to stick with it for now!
hypothyroid
gym-rat
changemylife! is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #2
Mrs. Robbie Williams

Gallery: hippiegirl
Awesome start!! You have so little to lose - don't let yourself be discouraged (which it doesn't sound like you are yet - just sayin') - you have so little to lose. Well done!!
hippiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:33 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
We are both on our way to 115 lbs, long time no see lol. Maybe try having five smaller meals instead of the three large and a snack. That way you eat more often and you get to eat a bigger variety of foods. You might be surprised at how the smaller meals fill you up almost as much as the bigger ones and before you know it it's time to eat again. Good luck.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:56 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Hi, changemylife!

I expect JUDDD will definitely work for you because it does for almost everyone. There have been only a couple I know of who it didn't work for, but I don't know why that would be. There have been some folks drifting through... starting, staying for awhile, and then passing on to another plan in a bit. LOL But guess that's pretty much the same story as any plan.

The thing is, what I'm telling you is this: JUDDD is so simple that pretty much all you have to do is follow it. That is, respect and hold true to your UD and DD calorie ceilings. The rest pretty much just happens.

For some, it starts happening right from the first week. For some others, it takes a couple of weeks to kick in. But if your calorie numbers are set correctly, and you follow them, you can be pretty confident that this plan will probably bring you to your goal weight.

Some folks begin to eat at a slightly (or greatly) increased carb level when they start on JUDDD, and if that happens they usually have to put up with the scale showing them some weight gain, but it's only the water weight coming back that got lost at the beginning of low carb. Ha! But the loss of body FAT is what we're after, and that happens fairly easily.

If you continue to have any problems, post about them, because there are successful folks here who can give you good suggestions, etc.

Glad you're with us, and I expect I'll be reading about your weight losses very shortly!