Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 11:46 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Changing shape

Does anyone else feel like they're melting downward, like a candle, as they lose weight? I'm not sure how to explain it, other than everything's migrating to the middle. My neck and shoulders seem way thinner than they should be at my weight. My breasts are still way too big. My stomach's huge (though not as huge as it was). My hips are still large. My thighs are getting smaller and my calves and ankles are downright gorgeous, if I do say so myself. It's very weird.

Even at my heaviest, I was mostly an hourglass, so this new shape is kind of hard to get used to. My legs fit in much smaller jeans than my tummy will allow. I have BBS in my 18s but they are snug in the waist. Just curious.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
My boobs have now migrated to my waistline, is that what you meant?
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PixieKGirl
Stats: 163/152/136
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: 3/26/12
I'm getting smaller, no doubt. Finally, my shirts are loose. I "felt" small this morning and .................I tried on 2 pairs of pants in the too tight pile.

THEY FIT!!!!! (i will weigh tomorrow)

Pixie
PixieKGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
Exactly! Sadly, they still fit in the DDD/F bras, I just have to tighten the shoulder straps to the smallest setting to keep them up where they belong!
Old 04-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
I was kind of thinking about how we resize yesterday. It isn't evenly, for sure.
Someone said I looked thin, and I was feeling particularly bloated and revolting. I realized that I was "feeling" thinner (emotionally) for a bit and now almost two and a half months into juddd/losing my mental picture has shifted and I feel huge again. I know this happens to everyone as we mentally adjust to physical loss. Guess I just have to lose more around this flabby middle to get back to feeling thinner. Wonder if that is part of the maintenance game too? (seeing ourselves as the size we really are and being content with it)
BTW, my hula hoop is here. I cannot keep it up for one spin. I would think the spare tire around my middle would just support the hoop
Old 04-13-2012, 12:11 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Does anyone else feel like they're melting downward, like a candle, as they lose weight? I'm not sure how to explain it, other than everything's migrating to the middle. My neck and shoulders seem way thinner than they should be at my weight. My breasts are still way too big. My stomach's huge (though not as huge as it was). My hips are still large. My thighs are getting smaller and my calves and ankles are downright gorgeous, if I do say so myself. It's very weird.

Even at my heaviest, I was mostly an hourglass, so this new shape is kind of hard to get used to. My legs fit in much smaller jeans than my tummy will allow. I have BBS in my 18s but they are snug in the waist. Just curious.
My legs are far from gorgeous, but I am losing weight there and in my neck and shoulders. I COULD wear smaller jeans if my waist area would start to lose. It still seems like it is not budging around the middle.

Quote:
I am laughing, but not so much. Mine are getting the deflated balloon effect and they love lounging around my waist.
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:15 PM   #7

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Lol on the hula hoop Lou, and may I remind you all that you are gorgeous.

All of us take some time to melt all over, and all of us have our unique shape, (like it or not).

Me, I have no b*m anymore.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: carla70
Stats: 225/225/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 05/05/2014
I agree that our "image" changes. When I was 297 pounds my wish was to wear a 16W then over the course of many years got to 168 and was wearing a size 12-14 which I loved the way I looked. But that was 5 years ago and now I am up again (obviously). I want to get back down to that. However, even with just the 13 pounds I have lost I can feel some areas getting firmer or smaller. I hope my breasts don't get smaller, (38b) So now I am where I wished I was but now I feel huge at this weight and want to finally get to goal. Which I was only 18 pounds from But JUDDD will get me there!!!!

I have a pear shape, smaller on top and carry all weight in mostly my hips and some in stomach. I never carried in stomach before but did this time I gained.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Yes, and I hate it. Every time I've lost significant weight in the past to where it gets visually noticeable, the fat always came off of everywhere except my midsection, specifically my waist. The worst part is that every time I regained weight again (which was oh so many countless times), my belly would then blow up again, while the rest of me increased just a bit in size, so I always had this huge belly.

I think that midsection area, especially for us women, is the final fat store where our body hangs onto for dear life as we force it to release fat. The good news is that JUDDD seems to be good at fixing this, and it's the only woe that has been able to whittle down that midsection fat for me. Still working on it but at least now I know it's possible to actually lose in that area!
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #10

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Yes, I have lovely collarbones, if I do say so myself, and my feet are small and slender. My fingers are slender. My tummy is still quite large, although less large than it used to be. My boobs are shrinking (which I don't want, I quite like being curvy). My thighs are still quite substantial.

I figure it's just going from the outside in. I gotta just keep at it, eventually the tummy will have to shrink, there will be no fat stores anywhere else to deplete!
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
lol! lol! I am waiting for the day my boobs sag. My plan then is to roll them up and tuck em til I have some cleaveage! My rear has grown over the years but my boobs are still as small as when I was 13!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:38 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Belly fat is the last to go, sadly. For me, the bust was the first to go (and I didn't have much to give up as it was, lol).

Even at goal, I still have fat around my waist/abdomen that needs to shrink. And it is, just really slowly. I think some areas of our bodies just give it up much more easily than others.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
I lost 100 pounds on Atkins before I had my kids. I've of course gained that all back and then some but anyways, back then I was very hourglass. When I gained the weight back, I didn't put it back on in the same areas. So I ended up very bottom heavy. Thunder thighs. But defined waist. Smaller on top. So I need to really buy those pants that are made for pear shapes because in regular pants, forget it, I can't pull em up past my knees even though they are the right size. I'm probably like an 18 on top, a 20 at the waist, and a 24+ at the hips.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Eh, mine did that long ago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieKGirl View Post
I'm getting smaller, no doubt. Finally, my shirts are loose. I "felt" small this morning and .................I tried on 2 pairs of pants in the too tight pile.

THEY FIT!!!!!
(i will weigh tomorrow)

Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
Yes, I have lovely collarbones, if I do say so myself, and my feet are small and slender. My fingers are slender. My tummy is still quite large, although less large than it used to be. My boobs are shrinking (which I don't want, I quite like being curvy). My thighs are still quite substantial.

I figure it's just going from the outside in. I gotta just keep at it, eventually the tummy will have to shrink, there will be no fat stores anywhere else to deplete!
You *do have great collarbones, I noticed them the other day when I saw one of your posts and saw how lovely you look! You continue to be an inspiration!

A few days ago my DH remarked that my calves were looking very slender! Never carried much weight there and actually thought they were one of my thinner parts, but I'll take it.

My big belly IS going down, though. I can tell it even though it is my very worst problem area. My shape is becoming more hourglass, too.

And my fat all over (arms and belly especially) is getting "jiggly", which I've always recognized as a good thing when I'm trying to lose weight. The jigglier it gets the easier it is for me to lose. So bring on the jiggle, LOL! I've been pretty active in the yard/garden but not doing any targeted exercises (yet), so maybe I should think about doing that. I love being really active but hate just "exercising".
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:15 PM   #15

Yay for jiggly fat! I've noticed that too.

Sheridan, you are welcome to come here and just follow me around all day saying such lovely things. I just you.

BTW, are you in College Station or Bryan? My brother and SIL and my parents are both in Bryan.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:30 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
OMG this is me EXACTLY!! My face, arms and legs are GORGEOUS! My boobs are still big (d), but not complaining, my waist hasn't shrunk as much as I expected, as it was smaller at this weight before.

Me thinks it's a JUDDD thing, lol.
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Yay for jiggly fat! I've noticed that too.

Sheridan, you are welcome to come here and just follow me around all day saying such lovely things. I just you.

BTW, are you in College Station or Bryan? My brother and SIL and my parents are both in Bryan.
We are in College Station. BCS (Bryan-College Station) is a lot like Lenexa/Overland Park (heck, any of the KC metro suburbs), they are rightnext to each other. If/when you ever come to visit them I would absolutely love to be able to meet you for real!
Old 04-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #18

I was just there at Christmas...

I will definitely let you know next time we're going to be in town! It would be lovely to get to meet!

Sorry Dawn for jacking your thread!!
Old 04-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #19

Jack on!
Old 04-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/235/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
I was kind of thinking about how we resize yesterday. It isn't evenly, for sure.
Someone said I looked thin, and I was feeling particularly bloated and revolting. I realized that I was "feeling" thinner (emotionally) for a bit and now almost two and a half months into juddd/losing my mental picture has shifted and I feel huge again. I know this happens to everyone as we mentally adjust to physical loss. Guess I just have to lose more around this flabby middle to get back to feeling thinner. Wonder if that is part of the maintenance game too? (seeing ourselves as the size we really are and being content with it)
BTW, my hula hoop is here. I cannot keep it up for one spin. I would think the spare tire around my middle would just support the hoop
Hey B_lou_who, I know about that hula hoop not wanting to stay up. I used to hula hoop like crazy when I was younger, but now, I had to literally reteach myself when I started with mine. I will mention one thing, I am left handed, so when I start, I swing the hoop to the left and then get going; if you're right handed, it should swing to the right - hope that helps!!
InTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:38 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheLight View Post
Hey B_lou_who, I know about that hula hoop not wanting to stay up. I used to hula hoop like crazy when I was younger, but now, I had to literally reteach myself when I started with mine. I will mention one thing, I am left handed, so when I start, I swing the hoop to the left and then get going; if you're right handed, it should swing to the right - hope that helps!!
I'm right handed and hoop to the left. It's different for everyone. Do try both ways. And there are some great videos on you tube to help you learn.

I don't have a weighted hoop, just a regular one--very large--it comes up to my chest when standing on edge on the floor. It's fun but I haven't done it for a while!
Old 04-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
I am shrinking even though the scales aren't moving. Mostly it's upper body - but the upper torso and back are getting smaller - and my belly hangs less - I almost don't have an 'apron' anymore!!!!

My legs have always been good, even at my size - I don't have any cellulite to speak of! Thanks to my mother's wonderful genetics!!!

The good news is, as I get smaller, friends who know us both - say I'm starting to look more like her!!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:37 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cprcheetah
Stats: 224.6/170/130
WOE: Lean For Life/Low Cal
Start Date: LFL 3/4/2014
My first place to go was my boobs about 3" off them, and then about 2" off my hips...granted I am naturally well endowed so no issues with losing a few there LOL! But I haven't seen much difference in my thunder thighs....but my 'booty' shelves as I call them are disappearing, still have a belly though...well abdomen....it's driving me crazy....working my hardest on it and it doesn't seem to change.
cprcheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:15 PM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I was just there at Christmas...

I will definitely let you know next time we're going to be in town! It would be lovely to get to meet!

Sorry Dawn for jacking your thread!!
Really looking forward to it!
Old 04-13-2012, 08:49 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathyL
Stats: 205/118-122/125 5'4" Age 53
WOE: low glycemic index in 2011 JUDDD in 2012
Start Date: January 2011
When I was younger, the first place I would lose was in the waist. Not so anymore. But now my hips are smaller than I ever remember and I used to carry the bulk of my weight there. I think my exercise has affected that part. But not my waist. I wouldn't mind losing a bit more in my calves and even a bit more than that off my thighs. But since I can't direct where the weight comes from I'll just have to be content.
KathyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:03 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
At first I lost all over. But, since March began, I am playing the what-shrinks-next game. Right now my legs are ready to go down a size in pants but my torso laughs at the thought. Legs stopped shrinking a few weeks ago and my D cups are getting empty. Since the girls have been bouncing off my knees when I walk for years, I am glad to see that shrinkage!

Dawn, I suspect loss locations are partially (mostly?) involved with age. I maintained at 170 for years. But during those years my visceral fat (belly) got bigger and bigger. Oh, I wish I could go back in time and really appreciate having a waist! Those days are probably - ahem - behind me now.

Also, I have read several articles that say for as much as a year after maintenance begins, fat cells inflate/deflate in clumps. So, a year after weight loss ends, body shape finally stabilizes.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 04-14-2012 at 05:04 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:33 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lianora Mosswood
Stats: 165/121/115 5'3" 54 yrs
WOE: locarb primal juddd
Start Date: January 2011
I love the image of a melting candle! Everything seemed to shrink except my middle and my shape was not great. When I measured, I could see my backside clearly shrinking, my thighs got smaller and smaller, and my waist and tummy remained the same over several months. I am finally starting to see a change there so that the pants that fit my rear end are no longer 2 sizes too small in the waist, but am pretty close to goal now and it has taken almost my entire weight loss journey to get to this point.
Lianora Mosswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:42 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cartersmommy
Stats: 230/194/180 5'10"
WOE: Atkins, started JUDDD April 14/12
Start Date: May 30, 2005/restart Jan 29, 2012
Last year I modified portions (calorie intake) but didn't restrict fat or carbs intentionally, but exercised like a mad woman. My shape improved quite nicely even though weight loss was slow. I felt stronger. I gained back about 20 lbs. Since starting Atkins in January and now switching to JUDDD (today!!), my weight loss is greater than last year but my body doesn't look as good as it did when I was very active. I don't feel as strong and I cannot for the life of me get rid of my back fat and thigh fat. My upper arms are like wings and my calves look huge. I really need to get back to exercise. The biggest change has been in my shoulders and torso.

Today is my first DD!! Wish me luck Just came back from a cruise and have do enter damage control mode

36 pounds and 22 inches lost since Feb 1/12
cartersmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:40 AM   #29

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MintQ8 View Post
I am shrinking even though the scales aren't moving. Mostly it's upper body - but the upper torso and back are getting smaller - and my belly hangs less - I almost don't have an 'apron' anymore!!!!

My legs have always been good, even at my size - I don't have any cellulite to speak of! Thanks to my mother's wonderful genetics!!!

The good news is, as I get smaller, friends who know us both - say I'm starting to look more like her!!
Thank you my lovely daughter. Miss you x
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:56 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
I'm 8 mos into maintenance and happy with the # on the scale but not my body. I feel like my stomach and my butt are way bigger than ever. I gained my weight from pregnancy so I've een blaming it on that, not JUDDD

I have started to exercise but that has been increasing my appetite...and my DD calories have gone from 500 to 900 (still maintaing tho)...

It's OUR bodies, you'd think we'd have more control than we do. I get to choose what I wear and how I cut my hair, but I can't direct the fat loss!!!???

Dee

Goal weight met: Aug 19/11

I played in the Longest Game for CF. We broke the Guinness record for longest hockey game.
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote