Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dckisses
The scale didn't budge, mega discouraged.

Hi everyone. Finally braced myself to weigh after a dd and .. ...
The scale didn't budge. At all.
I'm still 50kg at 1.6m. Eating 400/1600kcals.: have been on this for 3 weeks..

Or does it take longer for me to lose because I only have 5kg to lose and that I started off with a broken metabolism? I never ate over 1200 on normal days previously, consisting of fruits..

Please steer me in the right direction.. I rly don't want to give this up but if it isn't working I have to walk away. (( and I really don't want to..
Help...
Dckisses is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LeeMT
Start Date: April 4, 2012
110 pounds? I dunno what to say.

What is your desired weight goal? You are probably at it, or very near. I'm thinking maybe a pound or 2 a month is what you're looking at. Sorry I couldn't be of any help.

Last edited by LeeMT; 04-12-2012 at 06:10 PM..
LeeMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:35 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

I guess it's probably because I'm from Asia where everyone is so small.. My desire weight is 45kg, currently at 50kg..
Old 04-12-2012, 06:52 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
Didn't you recently post about not doing JUDDD according to plan?
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tiva
Stats: 5"6", 157/136/135, 53 yo
WOE: Paleo/Whole30
Start Date: 12/02
Sorry you're feeling frustrated! Just so we all understand, in English units you are 5'3" and weigh 110 lbs; your goal is 100 lbs.

Because you are already so light (in American terms, anyway), my guess is that you need to be patient and expect much slower weight loss.

You might post a week's worth of menus. The macronutrient composition of your menus may need tweaking, given how close to goal you are. (Ie, you wrote that you were eating nearly all fruits, which means nearly all carbs. You might lose more steadily if you increase your protein and fat and decrease your carbs. )
tiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiva View Post
Sorry you're feeling frustrated! Just so we all understand, in English units you are 5'3" and weigh 110 lbs; your goal is 100 lbs.

Because you are already so light (in American terms, anyway), my guess is that you need to be patient and expect much slower weight loss.

You might post a week's worth of menus. The macronutrient composition of your menus may need tweaking, given how close to goal you are. (Ie, you wrote that you were eating nearly all fruits, which means nearly all carbs. You might lose more steadily if you increase your protein and fat and decrease your carbs. )

This! You are going to have to be very patient, my friend! Fruits should be replaced with protein, IMHO!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:04 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Before I started juddd, I ate two huge fruit meals in the afternoon and for dinner.. I estimated it to be about 300-400 each? I can have an apple, pink guava, white guava, dragon fruit, pear in one meal. Plus low fat 50kcal yogurt.

Now, on my up days i'm trying to eat normally again.. Still no rice but bread or meat.. Downdays is veg or just filling my stomach with water.. Fruits is alil calorie dense..
Old 04-13-2012, 04:39 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lily
Stats: 221/215/168
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 1 2012
There's a fair chance that fruit is not the friend you believe it to be - see Fruit is fuelling the obesity epidemic | Zoe Harcombe

As tiva says, try swapping out the fruit for protein instead.
Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:30 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathyL
Stats: 205/118-122/125 5'4" Age 53
WOE: low glycemic index in 2011 JUDDD in 2012
Start Date: January 2011
I would definitely try changing up your diet and get some good protein and fat in there.
KathyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:55 AM   #10
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Here is something else I want to suggest: Have you calculated your calories on the JUDDD calculator and/or different calculators? The reason I'm asking is your 400/1600 is very close to what I would be eating at 137 pounds. If you are 110 you may need to eat less on your UD to lose.

Just a thought!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:00 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nickicaps
WOE: Raw Vegan
I respectfully disagree about fruit being the problem- it is a near perfect food, and digests and assimilates perfectly when eaten alone on an empty stomach.

I eat fruit in the morning (mixed with greens in a smoothie) and it definitely helped me to shed 65 pounds in about 4 months. I guess you can find science to support either side, but I really don't think fruit itself is to blame.

That said, too much of ANYTHING is a bad thing, and fats/proteins will probably help speed up the weight loss
nickicaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Yes I did check my calories..
It says 1614/323 to be exact.. Why is that it's similar to that of 137pouds?

Has anyone experienced no loss/gain before?
Old 04-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dckisses View Post
Yes I did check my calories..
It says 1614/323 to be exact.. Why is that it's similar to that of 137pouds?
I believe I saw somewhere that you are 18, so don't worry, that is why your calories are higher!

There really are a lot of threads around of people who were close to their goal weight (5 or 10lbs) didn't lose for the first month or so, then got to goal and found it difficult to STOP losing weight!

I have a 17-year-old son and am just a bit worried thinking about someone your age restricting calories so much.

Have you noticed ANY health improvements since starting JUDDD? Sleeping better, more energy & mental alertness, clearer or softer skin?

If you are not at least feeling better, then I would suspect that you need more nourishing types of food and possibly just more food in general!

If you ARE feeling better in any way, please trust that JUDDD is healing your body, & weight loss will come along soon!
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6

Last edited by piratejenny; 04-13-2012 at 10:12 AM..
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
How old are you? And did you put any exercise into the calculator? Even putting your age at 20, the highest I got for an UD was 1603. (Edit--Ah, saw PJ's thread and yes, those are your numbers at 18). Most of us use the least exercise option when in wlm, because we really don't want to eat back those calories we burned (unless you are a very heavy exerciser, and then you might need to have more fuel to keep going).

And even if the calculator gives you a number, if it isn't working for you, you might need to tweak it.

Being close to goal, it will take longer to lose. We just won't see a 4 pound drop in a week. I understand being frustrated with slow/no losses. I saw a 2 pound drop the first week, a 1 pound gain the 2nd, nothing the 3rd, and 1 pound the 4th. My metabolism was very slow, from eating around 1200 calories a day for so long (wasn't really trying to do this, it's just what I ate instinctively). I went into maintenance for about 6 weeks, and then decided to lose a bit more, and lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks. So, obviously SOMETHING had changed.

My advice is to swap out a bit of the fruit for more protein and some good fats (olive and coconut oil). Maybe make a smoothie with some of that fruit and put in a tbsp of almond butter and/or coconut oil. Then some lean protein with a salad and some fruit for lunch, and fish or chicken with veggies for supper. If after a couple weeks, that isn't helping, you could think about tweaking your calorie numbers. But at your age, I wouldn't recommend lowering them just yet.

Your body just may want to maintain and heal for a bit like mine did. Or, the changes might be enough to kick in some weight loss.

Don't throw in the towel yet. Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Last edited by mykidsteacher; 04-13-2012 at 10:18 AM..
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:03 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Margarita :)
WOE: NT
Start Date: 6/14/2013
I think that since you came to JUDDD eating so little on a regular basis, that you metabolism is pretty much shot. At least if you've been doing that long term.

So don't consider JUDDD a weight loss mechanism at this point. Consider it a way to fix your metabolism. I had the same problem. As a matter of fact, my allowed calories are pretty close to yours, and I currently weigh about 160. I'm 54 though.

Last year, I was only able to eat 1000 calories a day without gaining. I fixed that by going Paleo. I can now eat close to 1800 calories per day without gaining. No loss with Paleo, but no gain. I consider that a big win.

I just started JUDDD this week to see if I can actually begin losing, to get to a healthier weight. I believe JUDDD will continue to shake up my metabolism in a good way.

So again, you need to eat to fix your metabolism. If you're eating on your up days, and cutting back on your down days, I don't think you can expect to lose anything for a while.

You need to give yourself a break physically, mentally and emotionally. You're not fat by anybody's weight standards. But your body is deprived and unhealthy because you're not giving it the good food that you need to be healthy and happy. I

f you're doing JUDDD at this point and not losing, that's a very good thing. You might even try upping your UD calories to see how high you can go without gaining. Then maintain for a while. It will take more time for you to lose that last 10 pounds, but at least you'll be doing it in a healthy way.
Margarita :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Definitely the less you have to lose to get to goal the slower it gets.

Also, some people experience a "resting" time after they have lost some weight. Your body could maintain for a month or so just getting used to the new low.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:56 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Hi again everyone.

Tiva/Sunday/Lily/KathyL - Alrights, from today on I'll record down everything I eat to see if the problem lies with the type of food that I'm eating. I used to be eating all fruits back before I started JUDDD, after that I've consciously cut down because at that time i got a shock of my life with I logged in all the fruits I've eaten in a day and the carb contents were rocket high!!!

I'll take your advice. I guess I've to push myself to eat more fats, because I guess it's that inertia to stay away from fats from the previous dieting experiences. Thanks!

nickicaps - I agree that fruits are a near perfect food too. Nutritious and everything.
However i think i took it a little too far, consuming far too much of it. Yep, i'll take note! Thank you!

piratejenny - Thank you so much, you're really encouraging. I'll definitely hang on because another of my aim of going to JUDDD is not merely to lose weight but to fix my metabolism as well. I've thought far, I'm only 18 and my metabolism is already broken. Gaining when I'm merely eat above 1200kcal is just very sad, and depriving..

The first DD i did, I had a little insomnia actually. But following that, I've been sleeping better and having more energy since I'm eating more ( and even on DDs )! I'm more cheerful and carefree around food, not as conscious and felt the freedom of the youth to eat what I want to eat without beating myself over the bad choices I made.

Nourishing types of food meaning more proteins and fats? And more food? As in my other post, you mentioned that I probably should eat 2000kcal just to test my metabolism.

mykidsteacher - I agree that frustration comes with dieting.. Especially when I don't see the results I expected to see, and high hopes because this diet is working so well with everyone else.

I guess it's really a test of endurance. But i will hang on, thanks to everyone's generous help and advices. I'll give my body time to heal. And yes, i won't throw in the towel, I know i've a group of very helpful people to seek advices and encouragement from! Thanks!

Margarita - Wow. 1800 from 1000! That's a huge achievement! I agree that's a big win, even though there's no loss yet but repairing what we've damaged is a huge plus point!

I calculated YD+DD divided by 2, I get 1000kcal, which is lower than what I used to eat at 1200 that's why I'm not losing as fast? I'm not sure of this whole thing..

Not losing a good thing, well i guess from another perspective you can say that.. Stepping on the scales is a huge terror to me but challenging myself is a must. I'm not sure if I should up by UD calories just like that.. Has anyone done this before ><

Healthy way, that's why i chose JUDDD because all the other diets are so restrictive and I know it's really bad for my body in the long run..

Slow and steady wins the race!

Yam-yam - Thanks! Yeah I've heard of that "annoying last 10 pounds".

heyjupiter/tiva/Beeb - The only thing I didn't go according to plan was to do
UD,DD,DD,UD,UD a double down and up.
will this affect my weight loss to such a great extent? >< Should I'm trying to stay away from that already knowing it's bad to do 2DDs in a row, and doing a MD is better but not at this time since I'm prolonging my induction period.. Ty
Old 04-13-2012, 09:09 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just doing UD UD DD DD once in three weeks shouldn't have prevented you from losing weight!

I just want to be clear....I didn't mean you should go over 2000 calories every UD. Maybe just once (or once in a while) to see if it gets things going.

I think it's good news that you're feeling healthier in other ways!

Last edited by piratejenny; 04-13-2012 at 09:17 PM..
Old 04-13-2012, 09:33 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

PS...nourishing foods can be different for different people. For some it's raw veggies, for others it's fermented foods, or more protein/fats, or organ meats like liver. One thing that I think is very nourishing is broth made with lots of bones & scraps, then cooked slowly...if you have the time!

Oh, and seaweed is excellent, too!

Last edited by piratejenny; 04-13-2012 at 09:36 PM..
Old 04-15-2012, 03:15 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thomasina838
WOE: JUDDD & paleo
Start Date: 16 Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dckisses View Post
Before I started juddd, I ate two huge fruit meals in the afternoon and for dinner.. I estimated it to be about 300-400 each? I can have an apple, pink guava, white guava, dragon fruit, pear in one meal. Plus low fat 50kcal yogurt.

Now, on my up days i'm trying to eat normally again.. Still no rice but bread or meat.. Downdays is veg or just filling my stomach with water.. Fruits is alil calorie dense..
that is a terrible diet. you are basically living on sugar. change out the fruit for protein and the low fat yogurt for full fat.
thomasina838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:23 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 178/178/140...48 years old
Start Date: Start date: 11/17/2014
Maybe your body is just happy at the weight it is at now....I weighed 106 @ 5'3" (same height as you 4 pounds less) pre kids and I was underweight, my doctor was constantly on me to gain 10 lbs! I never gained an ounce until the first kiddo, oh to see 110 again!! Wishful (unresonable) thinking on my part! My advise, eat more protein as others have said, other than that be happy @110, after you have kids (in ten or so years) you'll probably never see that weight again.
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:30 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Perhaps your body is at its perfect weight at your current weight. I also agree that some of your fruit should be replaced with protein. If you follow Juddd correctly and do not lose weight, perhaps you should listen to what your body is trying to tell you. You sound very slender given your height and weight in any culture.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote