Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewSize4Me
Stats: 175.8/165.2/135
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: January 7, 2013
New here and already need help :)

Hi everyone. I've been reading this board for a few days. You all seem like such a friendly and supportive group, and are having such success that I decided to try JUDDD again. I did it about a year ago for one week and it worked great. I don't know why I stopped. So after being stuck in this weight zone for awhile (okay, a year )I decided to try JUDDD again. I've committed to two weeks, and then if it's working out I'll try two months and go from there.

I started two days ago and the scale is already down 4.6 pounds. I'm so happy! Here's where I could use some help. Tomorrow is an up day and we are going to Cracker Barrel for breakfast with friends. I get 2054 calories on UD's for now and I really don't want to use up too many on breakfast. Does anyone know if I have to order breakfast items at breakfast time there, or if I could just get soup in the morning? Chicken noodle is usually low in calories. I'm trying not to worry too much, but we are going to have to eat "out" twice tomorrow and I don't want to go over my calories when things are going so good. If I have to order breakfast at breakfast time what is a good option that doesn't include eggs? I'm not really a breakfast person.

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions. I appreciate it.
NewSize4Me is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Well i called our local Cracker Barrel and they say that breakfast only till 11 am.. how ever they can cook somthing that is fried in the am, like french fries and chicken tenders.. No soup. What they have would be Buttermilk biskets.. or pancakes. and cereal YUMM also French Toast and bacon! YUMMMY.. Im on a DD today looking up food lol ( pancakes they say are 110 per cake) that is of couse with out butter or syrup caloires..

Last edited by sterlinggirl; 04-12-2012 at 11:44 AM..
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/235/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! June 2014
Newsize4me, welcome back!!!
InTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Better With Age
Stats: 169/158.9/145
Start Date: March 21, 2012
other options

I love me some cracker barrel and from what I remember there are some options at breakfast like turkey sausage and oatmeal. You can look at the nutritional info online. I rarely get a full meal I will share with my husband or daughter (my son won't share). You could even get a bisquit from someone's order and make a sausage bisquit. You could also consider the children's menu, they have much smaller portions. Enjoy!
Better With Age is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Sadly, we don't have Cracker Barrel out here, but I went to their website. In the FAQs section, there's a question about nutritional information. The answer has all kinds of information about ways to make your meals lower calorie, and what they have available as substitutions.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #6
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
If need be make this breakfast your big meal for the day and then eat little things throughout the rest of the day.

Don't stress and over think. Eat the breakfast, maybe just eat half of it and enjoy your time there!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
A little bowl of oatmeal that you don't even finish would be a lowcal choice, they would undoubtedly also give you just a side of fruit to pick at. A side of bacon isn't that bad either cooked crisply to render out most of the fat and it will keep you full the longest since we feel satiated by a little fat hitting our duodenum.

Last edited by b_lou_who; 04-12-2012 at 12:05 PM..
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
Well i called our local Cracker Barrel and they say that breakfast only till 11 am.. how ever they can cook somthing that is fried in the am, like french fries and chicken tenders.. No soup. What they have would be Buttermilk biskets.. or pancakes. and cereal YUMM also French Toast and bacon! YUMMMY.. Im on a DD today looking up food lol ( pancakes they say are 110 per cake) that is of couse with out butter or syrup caloires..
Oh sterlinggirl, that was so sweet of you to call them. I didn't even think to do that. Thank you so much. And looking up food for me on your DD! Wow, how nice (and brave ).

The cereal sounds like a good idea. I didn't know they had that. I'll have to give this more thought.

Thanks again.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:15 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheLight View Post
Newsize4me, welcome back!!!
Thanks InTheLight. It feels good to be back and doing something I know will work.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:20 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Better With Age View Post
I love me some cracker barrel and from what I remember there are some options at breakfast like turkey sausage and oatmeal. You can look at the nutritional info online. I rarely get a full meal I will share with my husband or daughter (my son won't share). You could even get a bisquit from someone's order and make a sausage bisquit. You could also consider the children's menu, they have much smaller portions. Enjoy!
Thanks Better With Age. Those are some good options. I like the idea of ordering off the children's menu. I'll remember that for tomorrow. I checked for nutritional info and they didn't list any, and that's when I started getting nervous. But you all have come to my rescue. Thanks everyone.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

KeirasMom, beeb, and b_lou_who - thank you for all the help. I like the idea of oatmeal and fruit, and appreciate the reminders to not stress to much. Maybe it would be easier to make breakfast the big meal of the day this once. I'll just see what happens tomorrow, and try not to overthink it. Thanks again!