Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 2BoysMom
Stats: Too pissed to talk about it
WOE: Keeping it simple- Hi Fat, Mod Protein and Lo Carb
Start Date: 1.26.2004 - 1st time. This time 1.1.2014
See those tire tracks over there?

That wasn't me just falling off the wagon, it was the wagon running over me.

I posted last week about our family vacation, and my DD turining into a mid-day, which then turned into 2 mid days and an up day.....I had great plans on going into Monday all geared up for a DD, but then my husband's family came into town and were over for dinner the last 3 nights, which I wasn't expecting. So Monday, had a great DD....until dinner.

Then Tuesday and Wednesday - more of the same,

So, now, they are finally gone, I have my sanity back, and exactly one week before I leave for a 5 day trip up north for a wedding of a friend. (That should be an interesting 5 days to manage, too....sigh).

So, back on the wagon I go.

I generally find DD's relatively easy to manage...until I get into social situations! How do you handle that? I really enjoy entertaining and eating with friends! Enjoying an adult beverage over a great meal. That is the one area I really struggle with. It's not trying to hide my WOE or being afraid to explain it or any of that stuff....when it is just my family, I am fine and dandy, but put me with others at a lovely restaurant, or over a table full of fabulousness, and it all goes to hell in a handbasket.

If you want something badly enough, you'll find a way. If you don't you'll find an excuse.

Team in Trainining alumni - San Diego marathon 2005. Half marathon in San Francisco 2007! Working hard to wipe out blood cancers.
2BoysMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I have all the faith in the world that you will do just fine! Enjoy your time with family/friends and just come right back with a "new" wagon when it's all over!

Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<280/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
For holidays & social events, I pick one meal per day to be "up" (and it might last a few hours!) And the rest of the day I fast or eat as lightly as posible. Are you familiar with the Fast5 plan? Basically I just throw in one of those days as needed.
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I don't really have any advice other than count this as a learning experience and get back to your rotations. You've done great, IMHO, with all that you've had going on in your life the last couple of months. As Cindy says, "Keep on keeping on!"
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, guys.....I just plotted out next week, and it looks like it might be doable if I throw in a mid-day. The day I drive up (loooong drive by myself) will be an up day. This is good as I won't have to be hungry on the drive, and one of the bridesmaids is having a 'tea" that evening, so I will be able to enjoy. then the next day will be a DD. This could be ok, as I am sure we will be running around doing errands most of the day.

The day before the wedding can then be a mid-day (I know there will be a lovely rehearsal dinner, so will just keep things down until that meal), then the day of the wedding will actually be an UD - so I can really enjoy it. Then the drive home will be a DD - not always easy, but I can work with it.

I just weighed and measured - and I am up 4 lbs since the last weigh in, but give it a good DD or two, and we will see how much of that goes away - and most of my measurements have gone down since last time (although that was about 3 weeks ago). A few were up, but just by a tiny bit. So - that was encouraging.

Thanks for putting up with my whining. I just really struggle with this social eating thing.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:53 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I generally find DD's relatively easy to manage...until I get into social situations! How do you handle that? I really enjoy entertaining and eating with friends! Enjoying an adult beverage over a great meal.

Me too!! How I handle it is to remind myself this WL journey IS NOT A RACE and I have no expiration date on when I need to reach a goal. The real goal is to be healthy, happy and to live, love and enjoy life, food and people. This is not a race, this is JUDD!!!

And, JUDD is soooooo different from any of the other WOL options that require suffering and dare I say, self-hatred? Self-defeating all-or-nothing, beat myself up, guilt inducing thoughts?

JUDD is forgiving and allows me to happily get back into rotations. No harm. No fowl.

You are doing great and will continue to do great! Glad you had fun!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I generally find DD's relatively easy to manage...until I get into social situations! How do you handle that? I really enjoy entertaining and eating with friends! Enjoying an adult beverage over a great meal.

Me too!! How I handle it is to remind myself this WL journey IS NOT A RACE and I have no expiration date on when I need to reach a goal. The real goal is to be healthy, happy and to live, love and enjoy life, food and people. This is not a race, this is JUDD!!!

And, JUDD is soooooo different from any of the other WOL options that require suffering and dare I say, self-hatred? Self-defeating all-or-nothing, beat myself up, guilt inducing thoughts?

JUDD is forgiving and allows me to happily get back into rotations. No harm. No fowl.

You are doing great and will continue to do great! Glad you had fun!
Yes, yes, a million times YES!

Marianne, you will be OK!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:46 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
I have good luck with fasting until the social event on DDs. Then, I take my time with my meal. I order what I want, but try to keep it relatively healthy and I watch my portions. I always order a salad to start with because I'm STARVING by that time and by the time I get the salad down, I feel better and am able to pace the rest of my meal. I usually only eat 1/3-1/2 of my meal (depending on size) and eat more of the veggies on the plate. I will have a glass or two of wine and I will have a few bites of dessert. This is all so I don't feel deprived and can enjoy the social event, but not go crazy. I find that I benefit from fasting for almost the whole day even if I go over my 600ish calories.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
Eating really IS a social event. If we don't go along with the crowd, then we feel asocial.

I try to plan in advance, but that doesn't always work. Fortunately this WOE is flexible and forgiving. Good luck!
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Marianne. This woe has to work around your life, and that's what it's doing. This woe allows you to go "off plan" for a while and come back. It's always waiting for you. The others have offered great suggestions, so I just wanted to say, KUTGW!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:12 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks everyone....I just love my JUDDD buds. You never make me feel anything but hopeful and happy. Had a really good DD - going to bed a wee bit hungry, but not chewing my arm off starving or anything.

And husband and I already have plans for a delicious lunch tomorrow - which makes it all worth it! Don't exactly know how I will count it, but I'll figure something out.

I really, really do appreciate the support.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:30 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
I try to keep in mind that while the lowest percentage for me on JUDDD (20%) is 435 calories, there are other options... and I'm perfectly willing to go up to the 45% Wt Loss/Maintenance amount of 1008 calories on a Down Day when I have a social obligation. I have dieted long enough to be able to find something to eat for 1000 calories at just about any social gathering/eating event.

It's still a Down Day. It's just a "wt loss/maintenance" Down Day, instead of a strictly 20% wt loss Down Day.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

drumroll please.....well, it wasn't nearly as bad as I feared.

When I first weighed after the 6 day roller coaster I was up 4 lbs (and seriously bummed).....but after a really good DD yesterday, am back within .6 lbs of where I was just before all of that. So - it appears water retention was the likely culprit.

For the most part during that time period, I did eat lightly during the day, and then had a nice dinner (except for Easter - since I had planned that to be an UD, and didn't know what was coming up just after...) - so to most of your points, that seems to work pretty well.

So - it looks like, while I might have lost a week of weight loss, I gained a week of maintenance and really enjoyed my time with friends/family - which seems more than a reasonable trade off!
Old 04-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BoysMom View Post

When I first weighed after the 6 day roller coaster I was up 4 lbs (and seriously bummed).....but after a really good DD yesterday, am back within .6 lbs of where I was just before all of that. So - it appears water retention was the likely culprit.

For the most part during that time period, I did eat lightly during the day, and then had a nice dinner (except for Easter - since I had planned that to be an UD, and didn't know what was coming up just after...) - so to most of your points, that seems to work pretty well.

So - it looks like, while I might have lost a week of weight loss, I gained a week of maintenance and really enjoyed my time with friends/family - which seems more than a reasonable trade off!
That's truly the best way to look at this! There is always more than one way to view something, and you nailed this.

For those who worry about going off plan during vacation, holidays, extended socializing or things that pop up -- remember this is a lifetime woe and it MUST work around your life!! We can't stress about working our life around UD/DD all the time ever and ever, day without end, amen. No, the woe must accommodate YOU. And JUDDD will do just that.

You WILL get where you want to go with JUDDD, so it's best to relax and LIVE while you're getting there. Just return to JUDDD as soon as you can and go on with the rotations.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 04-13-2012 at 09:38 AM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #15
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BoysMom View Post

I love that attitude. Great way to look at it. After all, what's the hurry? One week one way or the other will not make that much difference in the long run. Life happens.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote