Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 05:05 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/115/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
I also have trouble on DD! Go over the 500 all the time! I try for under 600 and that does not do it! I also go over on my UD! My numbers average to 850 on DD and 1650 on UD, when they are suppose to be 1340 and 330!
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Spicy garlic grinder? Details, please.
I found a grinder at Marshall's that has red pepper flakes, salt and dehydrated garlic in it! I have been using it for EVERYTHING!!! Haven't found another one yet May need to order another one online!! Brand is Dean Jacob's.

Last edited by Truffles; 04-12-2012 at 05:56 PM..
Truffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:46 AM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Thx!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:41 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
I can't nibble all day on down days, that is a recipe for failure for me. I've found success by delaying my meals as long as I possibly can. At first this was like 2pm, but now I eat at like 7 or 8pm. And even then I think it's a mental thing, I think I probably COULD do a complete fast but I start negative thinking and saying stuff like "what if I wake up at 3am ravenous because I didn't eat?". So I have yet to do a complete fast. But what I do notice, is that when I do eat at 7pm or 8pm, I am hungry the rest of the evening, and i get cravings the rest of the evening. It's at that point that the DD becomes a struggle, not before. So I think I will probably try a complete fast one of these days and see if it stops the struggle. I do take some sugarfree gum from time to time and haven't gotten cravings from that, nor from diet soda, but some people are probably more sensitive to artificial sweeteners and maybe for others those would cause cravings too.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:46 AM   #35
Mrs. Robbie Williams

Gallery: hippiegirl
I totally agree. I had to take some ibuprofen yesterday, so I ate early. OMG, what a rough day!! I went way over my DD calories. They were still relatively low, but certainly not 500. I'm looking forward to tomorrow when I won't be doing that.
hippiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:13 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Is it bad to take Advil on an empty stomach? If so whoops, been doing that for years. Every month when I get menstrual cramps anyways!
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:17 AM   #37
Mrs. Robbie Williams

Gallery: hippiegirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
Is it bad to take Advil on an empty stomach? If so whoops, been doing that for years. Every month when I get menstrual cramps anyways!
That's what I've always heard. My dad wound up in the hospital a few years ago because he was popping ibuprofen like it was candy and it tore up his stomach. So maybe I'm overly cautious.
hippiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:39 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
Quote:
it's not *bad*....it can just cause an upset stomach for some people if taken on an empty stomach. clearly, it doesn't for you, so don't sweat it.
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
I also have trouble on DD! Go over the 500 all the time! I try for under 600 and that does not do it! I also go over on my UD! My numbers average to 850 on DD and 1650 on UD, when they are suppose to be 1340 and 330!
Well from what i see here you have lost weight!!! SOOOOO dont sweat your numbers !!! You have found what works for you at 850/1650 So keep doing that and when it stalls, or if it stalls.. then drop down to closer to the other numbers,, Way to go you !!!!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:58 AM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 174.8/171.4/140...48 years old
WOE: Your guess is as good as mine...
Start Date: Start date: Constantly!
I MAY have found a solution to DD issues....COFFEE!!! It was mentioned in another thread that coffee can be a great thing on DDs as it doesn't tend to make you hungry, I recalled that it never makes me hungry and am experimenting today with only liquids (mostly coffee, but also iced tea (with Stevia) and Diet Pepsi (only a little)). I can't do water as water makes me VERY hungry (no idea why). I've had only liquids so far (it's 4 minutes before noon here and I'm not hungry at all!). I am going to have a can of soup for supper but that will probably be it.

Exercise 4x per week.
Drink more water (80+ oz per day)
~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:21 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
Doesn't appear to have hurt anything for you! Looks like those numbers are your sweet spot for wlm. WTG!
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hmmm now that you mention coffee, I have to say that while I find I can easily not eat until 8pm on my down days, I AM taking an EC stack 3 times a day so I'm sure that helps.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
The 16 oz of hot black coffee I sip from about 9am to noon every DD is how I can make it through without food until dinnertime. I didn't use to be a coffee drinker at all before JUDDD actually, but have found that I like it now. I usually only have it on DDs though and have herbal or black tea on UDs.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #44

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Yeah, without coffee my DDs would be a nightmare. Heck, my UDs too.

Does anyone else find they tend to sleep late on a DD (when you can, that is)?

I work at home and can get up when I want and invariably on a DD I get up like an hour or two later than I do on an UD. And I'm really asleep, not just malingering in the bed thinking I can't eat so I might as well lay here for a while longer. It's weird.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #45

I wish! I'm up at 4:30 every morning, UD, DD, weekday, weekend.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #46

Ugh 4:30! That's a time to go to bed, not get up!!

You must be very productive in the mornings!
Old 04-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #47

oops, stupid double post.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:58 PM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I actually dread getting out lf bed on DDs! I wake up all chipper on UDs!
Old 04-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
Ugh 4:30! That's a time to go to bed, not get up!!

You must be very productive in the mornings!
Nope. That's when I get on the computer. I live in a pretty small house, so I don't want to do anything that would wake up DH or DD.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:45 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinjob
Stats: 157/156/130
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: November 7, 2011 (Did Atkins first in 2001)
I have been on this WOE for over 5 months and not a SINGLE DD has been easy. I struggle through all of them. Some days are better than others but if I wait all day to eat, I overeat at dinner and blow my DDs. So I have to eat little things all day. I wouldn't recommend drinking too much coffee, either. It's not good for you and it also stains your teeth. I don't like the idea of using stimulants to put off hunger. Using drugs to attain a "healthy lifestyle" seems counterintuitive so I drink lots of water and eat protein. But i'm ALWAYS hungry. And I'm like the worlds slowest loser so I'm pretty much feeling defeated and cheated all the time. But I stick with it because I can't imagine going back to LC or prepacakged unhealthy foods. Anyway I feel your pain but don't give up. JUDDD seems to work for a lot of people on this board!
Skinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:13 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
I've been doing DDs for 8 mos now and I think it has gotten way easier. The reason is that I know how to shop/cook/prepare for DDs. I did the protein shake suggestion from Dr J and it was TERRIBLE! I was starving. Also, I know my body and I know that I am hungier later in the day so I get up, get busy and only drink black coffee all morning. As long as I'm busy, I really don't mind. Then I usually have a very large salad or 2 bowls of soup for lunch (usually 110 cals)...that still leaves me almost 400 for dinner & evenings. My trick is to get to 8-9pm with 100 calories bc then I have a TREAT like 1 cup of smart food or something I feel is decadent...then it doesn't even feel like a DD anymore It's a mental trick that seems to work for me.

Also, I have DDs that implode on me...get up to like 1200 calories or something...then I just chalk it up to a MD and carry on. One day is NOT going to erase weeks of good works. I'm realistic about it and think long run/big picture.

So go to the DDs recipes thread and find some of your favorites foods in those recipes. I love pumpkin so the 50 calorie pumpkin pie recipe was a life saver for me

Personally, I stay away from fruit on my DDs bc they cause me cravings. I only eat fruit on UDs as a supplement to a meal.

KUGW,

Goal weight met: Aug 19/11

I played in the Longest Game for CF. We broke the Guinness record for longest hockey game.
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brehede
Stats: 283/264/140
WOE: LC JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
This is an interesting thread - helpful to hear what has worked for others. I agree with those who recommended holding off eating as long as possible - I find that if I wait until late in day it is much easier. It seems to help that I know I will be getting food just not yet! Coffee also is important for me but trying to use SF syrup instead of cream on DDs. I also rely on LC to prevent hunger!
brehede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:23 PM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinjob View Post
I have been on this WOE for over 5 months and not a SINGLE DD has been easy. I struggle through all of them. Some days are better than others but if I wait all day to eat, I overeat at dinner and blow my DDs. So I have to eat little things all day. I wouldn't recommend drinking too much coffee, either. It's not good for you and it also stains your teeth. I don't like the idea of using stimulants to put off hunger. Using drugs to attain a "healthy lifestyle" seems counterintuitive so I drink lots of water and eat protein. But i'm ALWAYS hungry. And I'm like the worlds slowest loser so I'm pretty much feeling defeated and cheated all the time. But I stick with it because I can't imagine going back to LC or prepacakged unhealthy foods. Anyway I feel your pain but don't give up. JUDDD seems to work for a lot of people on this board!
Actually recent studies have concluded that up to 6 cups of coffee per day is perfectly fine for most folks, and is also good for you health, and helps stave off several diseases, including diabetes and parkinsons. Caffine has no effect on me at all, doesn't wake me up or make me jittery at all so I'm not worried at all for myself....there are tons of worse "drugs" to be addicted to. JMO. If it wern't for coffee, I'd be miserable on DDs and would probably give up on this WOE. I was constantly hungry too on DD....before I started with my 4 cups of coffee per day, It made my last DD totally tolerable, we'll see about tomorrow.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
Actually recent studies have concluded that up to 6 cups of coffee per day is perfectly fine for most folks, and is also good for you health, and helps stave off several diseases, including diabetes and parkinsons. Caffine has no effect on me at all, doesn't wake me up or make me jittery at all so I'm not worried at all for myself....there are tons of worse "drugs" to be addicted to. JMO. If it wern't for coffee, I'd be miserable on DDs and would probably give up on this WOE. I was constantly hungry too on DD....before I started with my 4 cups of coffee per day, It made my last DD totally tolerable, we'll see about tomorrow.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:29 PM   #55

Gallery: Pami
Quote:
Hmmm now that you mention coffee, I have to say that while I find I can easily not eat until 8pm on my down days, I AM taking an EC stack 3 times a day so I'm sure that helps.
For real??? I have one on a DD, none on an UD. I might be able to squeeze two
into a DD if I did the first one at 5:30 and the next one right after algebra class,
about 10:15. Maybe.
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:08 PM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post
For real??? I have one on a DD, none on an UD. I might be able to squeeze two
into a DD if I did the first one at 5:30 and the next one right after algebra class,
about 10:15. Maybe.
3 times a day seems to be the norm.

I do 24mg of ephedrine and 100mg of caffeine at 8am, then at 12pm and at 4pm. The real dose is supposed to be 200mg of caffeine but I drink diet soda too so I get caffeine there as well.

I got my dosages from here:
http://www.hotnfit.com/ecstack.htm

Last edited by Hazelsmrf; 04-14-2012 at 05:15 PM..
Old 04-14-2012, 05:31 PM   #57

Quote:
3 times a day seems to be the norm.

I do 24mg of ephedrine and 100mg of caffeine at 8am, then at 12pm and at 4pm. The real dose is supposed to be 200mg of caffeine but I drink diet soda too so I get caffeine there as well.

I got my dosages from here:
Hotnfit.com - EC Stack
Oh, I know what they recommend- I just can't sleep if I take it at noon or later-
and my ephedra is only 12.5mg. Caffeine tabs are 200mg and I also drink coffee,
and green tea. I thought it might be a good thing to help with a little boost since
I'm going thru that metabolic slowdown associated with quitting smoking. LOL I'd
be bouncing off the walls (all night!) with 3 stacks in a day! Wow, do you think my
metabolism is so bad, I can't even metabolize two stacks in 15 hours? 'Cuz that's
what it's lookin' like from here...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it by the book...
It's not a stall when you're cheating!
If you don't want to do something, one excuse is as good as any other. (Yiddish Proverb)
~Proud to be a Famous Banta Babe~
Old 04-14-2012, 05:37 PM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post
Oh, I know what they recommend- I just can't sleep if I take it at noon or later-
and my ephedra is only 12.5mg. Caffeine tabs are 200mg and I also drink coffee,
and green tea. I thought it might be a good thing to help with a little boost since
I'm going thru that metabolic slowdown associated with quitting smoking. LOL I'd
be bouncing off the walls (all night!) with 3 stacks in a day! Wow, do you think my
metabolism is so bad, I can't even metabolize two stacks in 15 hours? 'Cuz that's
what it's lookin' like from here...
I was bouncing off the walls the first month or so, it gave me a ton of appetite suppression and tons of energy, I painted my whole bathroom on a whim, I went into cleaning crazy mode, it felt like I was nesting and pregnant. crazy times. But I've been taking the stack for so long now that I don't have those effects anymore. I've been doing 3 doses a day since last summer. My caffeine tabs are 200mg too but I use a pill splitter to cut em in half, I didn't want to stop drinking my diet cokes (i'm an addict!). But really I think it's not that your metabolism is so bad, but if you're taking one stack every other day you probably don't really build a tolerance to it so you always have the bounce-off-the-walls energy!
Old 04-14-2012, 05:55 PM   #59

Quote:
I was bouncing off the walls the first month or so, it gave me a ton of appetite suppression and tons of energy, I painted my whole bathroom on a whim, I went into cleaning crazy mode, it felt like I was nesting and pregnant. crazy times. But I've been taking the stack for so long now that I don't have those effects anymore. I've been doing 3 doses a day since last summer. My caffeine tabs are 200mg too but I use a pill splitter to cut em in half, I didn't want to stop drinking my diet cokes (i'm an addict!). But really I think it's not that your metabolism is so bad, but if you're taking one stack every other day you probably don't really build a tolerance to it so you always have the bounce-off-the-walls energy!
You may have hit the nail on the head- I've only been stacking since mid-January
(this time) and mainly on DDs, so maybe I'm not building up any kind of tolerance
(which is OK, I guess- makes it cheaper, anyway!) So do you take "breaks" every
couple months or so? Or do you just keep on with the stacking every day?

(My apologies to Becky for the threadjack )
Old 04-14-2012, 06:05 PM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No, I don't take any breaks. What I read said that it makes no sense to cycle off. I recommend reading this because it rocks and explained so much for me:

Mar 2000: Thermogenic Weight Loss Products: FAQ

But basically what he says is that the reason they give us to cycle off is to combat adrenal fatigue, or to not build a tolerance. But it's found that obese people don't have enough adrenaline and the EC stack only normalizes it, so there's no reason to stop it... and that the tolerance is to the jittery effects, not the fat burning... so that by staying on it, you lose the jitters but keep the thermogenic properties.

Here's a quote:
"Anecdotally, this persistent thermogenic effect has been experienced by people who have taken ECA non-stop for many years. Personally, I have taken ECA for over a decade and it still works for me. Furthermore, Toubro et al. found that ECA kept working throughout a 50-week clinical trial: "The major finding of this drug study indicates that a combination of ephedrine (20 mg) and caffeine (200 mg) taken orally three times a day as an adjuvant to a low calorie diet improves weight loss for 24 weeks. Furthermore, the combination can maintain or slightly improve weight loss during treatment from weeks 26-50" (10). When taken chronically, ECA lowers your set point by normalizing an important part of your biochemistry."

So anyways, that's why I keep going with it, I am glad that I have the tolerance to the less happy side effects, and it's still doing all the good stuff it should be doing, so I'll just keep on with the chronic use because the studies show it to be effective and not dangerous.

Last edited by Hazelsmrf; 04-14-2012 at 06:07 PM..