Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Pizza?

What are your thought? Should i eat the crust ? its a thin crust.. but!! i have been following Moderate low carb.. what will happen ?
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
Maybe a little bounce? I was going to say go for it, but I don't do LC on my UD. And I'm going thru a pizza loving phase (thin crust of course), eating probably too much, lol.

I'm sure other carb watchers will have better advice!
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimberino
Stats: 235/141 50 yo
WOE: Atkins/now JUDDD
Start Date: 3 '09 Atkins-3 '12 JUDDD
After the first couple of really high carb binge days for me (only been JUDDDing 2 weeks now), I seem to be making more moderate carb choices. I had thin crust pizza yesterday on my UD and it didn't bother me at all. Of course we'll all different, but I had no bounce or carb bloat.
kimberino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:09 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Depends on if you want to continue adding carbs. You may see an initial increase from water, but it's not fat.

I don't do low carb at all anymore, and don't seem to notice big jumps on the scale like so many do. (Though right now it's not moving much at all!)
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #5
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
JUST EAT IT!!! Stop over thinking and enjoy that thin crust pizza! You aren't going to gain anything but a little water weight unless you decide to eat the whole pie, then you may be in a little trouble!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:18 PM   #6

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Enjoy, and be glad. If you were only doing LC you would be 4 days getting back into ketosis. But you are doing JUDDD, you have magic in you.

What is a little bounce to a JUDDDer of your calibre?
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
What will happen? you will enjoy it
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Enjoy some pizza, Kimberly. They don't call this the Dark Side for nothing, my preciousssss.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:02 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
I would eat it, but that's just me.

If pizza with the crust (and thin is my favorite!) sounds GOOD to you, so what if it *may cause you to bounce a little? To me - and this is my personal mind-set so take it for what it's worth - what good does it do to restrict any category of food that sounds good while enjoying this way of living/eating (unless you're allergic)? I'm not in a race, are you? I'm choosing to eat this way (again) for the rest of my life, and while I naturally eat low-er carb than many people, I do love me some pizza with the crust (and other goodies, too). In my thin years, I pretty much did JUDDD but didn't know it, I just was very careful what I ate every other day! Unless you want to be on a very narrow path for the rest of your life, food-wise, why not learn how to incorporate carbs when they sound good at the beginning of your JUDDD journey?

You are doing SO WELL.
You know about The Bounce. So what if you bounce?? You'll probably bounce at some point anyway (if you haven't already), because I'm pretty sure it happens to everyone. Why not enjoy yourself?

Life is short. Enjoy some pizza if you want to, because you CAN with this way of life. Life in general has enough rules and restrictions, why add more if you don't have to?

All my best!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:04 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

wow girls thanks! I was so afraid,, of food!! can you imagine???Well the one thing i knew would happen ... did!! I could not stop at 1 slice, i just ate 3 slices and loved every second of it,, then did the unthinkable,, i hopped on the scale! as if i would gain right away, i just needed to check! lmao.. well to my surprize i was only up 1.5 ppounds from this morning and this was at the end of a great up day.. 2400 calories holy stuffed i am! Wow... i wont be doing that agin to soon, due to i could not control the urge to gorge my self after being soooo good on my rotation of caloires.. but tomorw is a new day .. and this will just be a great memory!! Not planning to re introduce those forbidden carbs just yet,,:0
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
Old 04-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
i had pizza last week and stayed well below my calorie limit and gained all plus some ack. around five pounds. i JUST today got back to where i was seven days ago.... wow!
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioGuy View Post
i had pizza last week and stayed well below my calorie limit and gained all plus some ack. around five pounds. i JUST today got back to where i was seven days ago.... wow!
Well, you came to JUDD from LC, correct? It was water weight. But I know what a bummer it is. I had a salt/carb fest on Easter and had some of the leftovers yesterday. My rings are not as loose as they usually are and my ankles are a bit puffy. (not a lot, 'cos I have skinny ankles, but it's enough to let me know I have not sluffed off all the water weight yet). It will go, though.

I came from LC as well. I seem to do fine with complex carbs. But refined carbs and starches like regular bread, mashed potatoes, carrot cake (but it was soooooooo good!!!) and anything with sugar and I retain water.

Oh well, it's just a bounce.

You will do much better after your sirtuin proteins build up to the max. It's still early on for you, Jamie. I know you are patient, though!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:19 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
still going at it!
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:53 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Wish I could remember exactly what Pat (So Happy) said in a post I read a looooong time ago. It was something like she just did not worry herself about water weight or what a certain food was going to cause, she was just going to eat what she desired and it would all work itself out in the long run. I LOVED that attitude and adopted it for myself and I DO NOT deprive myself of anything I want for fear of what it may cause the scale to do. It REALLY did help!!!!!Of course, having said that, I still from time to time got a little discouraged BUT...Guess what I did? Came to this bunch of great BUDDS for advice and not once did it ever fail to bring me right back "up"!!! What the........I am sooooo chatty today!! Sorrrrrrrrrry!!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:02 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
Wish I could remember exactly what Pat (So Happy) said in a post I read a looooong time ago. It was something like she just did not worry herself about water weight or what a certain food was going to cause, she was just going to eat what she desired and it would all work itself out in the long run. I LOVED that attitude and adopted it for myself and I DO NOT deprive myself of anything I want for fear of what it may cause the scale to do. It REALLY did help!!!!!Of course, having said that, I still from time to time got a little discouraged BUT...Guess what I did? Came to this bunch of great BUDDS for advice and not once did it ever fail to bring me right back "up"!!! What the........I am sooooo chatty today!! Sorrrrrrrrrry!!

Phyl
Love it when you are chatty, Phyl! You always have smart, encouraging things to say. Great post and good reminders!
Old 04-11-2012, 09:13 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Phyl, I love it when you are chatty!

Glad you enjoyed your pizza. The only forbidden foods are those you are either allergic to, or your body can't handle for some reason. The scale bounces get taken care of over time with good DD's.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:54 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Yam Yam and Tina. You guys must "get" me!!

Phyl
Old 04-12-2012, 03:03 AM   #18

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Glad it was worth it. I love pizza, don't need it often but it is a firm favourite that missed desperately in my Atkins days.

And I love a chatty Phyl too!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:01 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Love our chatty Phyl!

I also love the psychology behind, who cares - it's just a bounce? As long as the overall trend is down, I may slow down a little, but I do not stop.

This is my fourth month JUDDDing. I still watch for foods that make me want more-more-more. But there are fewer and fewer of those. I had been avoiding DH's dark chocolates - just could not stop once I started. Yesterday was an oops - low cal UD. I needed 400 calories last night. Dark chocolate and a glass of port did the job oh-so-nicely. And I ate exactly what I measured - no desire for seconds, no - surprise - ate another without thinking about it. And, this morning, no bounce, no lingering hunger. It is going to be a good DD.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:10 AM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Love our chatty Phyl!

I also love the psychology behind, who cares - it's just a bounce? As long as the overall trend is down, I may slow down a little, but I do not stop.

This is my fourth month JUDDDing. I still watch for foods that make me want more-more-more. But there are fewer and fewer of those. I had been avoiding DH's dark chocolates - just could not stop once I started. Yesterday was an oops - low cal UD. I needed 400 calories last night. Dark chocolate and a glass of port did the job oh-so-nicely. And I ate exactly what I measured - no desire for seconds, no - surprise - ate another without thinking about it. And, this morning, no bounce, no lingering hunger. It is going to be a good DD.
WTG, Nancy! You've done a great job.

And yes, chatty Phyl =
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:52 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Majella
Stats: 191/183/132
Start Date: June 2013
Pizza is one of my favorite foods in fact today is a DD and I'm still eating one!!! It's a weight watchers one coming in at 350 calories perfect!!!
Majella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:51 AM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Love our chatty Phyl!

That's so great! I'm already convinced this way of living/eating helps normalize us so we make better, reasonable choices.

Here's to your good DD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majella View Post
Pizza is one of my favorite foods in fact today is a DD and I'm still eating one!!! It's a weight watchers one coming in at 350 calories perfect!!!
Good deal! I may look for a few of those to stick in the freezer for DDs, thanks for the idea!
Old 04-13-2012, 12:38 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Love you all right back!!

Phyl
Old 04-13-2012, 07:25 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
For me, it really depends on how good the pizza is. I've found that since I went low-carb, and now eat a few more carbs (moderate, most days), I'm much more picky about the carbs that I DO eat.

Example: the other day DH really wanted pizza from an old favorite place of ours. He got one, and I began eating it. But the dough was thicker than I liked, and rather... well.. "doughy". I ate half of one piece, and the crispy crust end of the other slice, and toppings off both. But it just wasn't worth it to me to eat the crust (even though I had worked my carbs that day to accommodate two full slices of pizza, since I knew that was going to be dinner).

I've found the same with cakes and sweets that I used to LOVE. They're just not as good to me anymore.

That being said, we went out to lunch the other day to a local family-run place that makes their own crab soup and bread. I ate MUCH more bread than I had planned. But in that instance, it was really good bread! And yeah, I was up a couple pounds the next day. *shrug* It was worth it, and the extra weight is gone now.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:57 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by synger View Post
For me, it really depends on how good the pizza is. I've found that since I went low-carb, and now eat a few more carbs (moderate, most days), I'm much more picky about the carbs that I DO eat.

Example: the other day DH really wanted pizza from an old favorite place of ours. He got one, and I began eating it. But the dough was thicker than I liked, and rather... well.. "doughy". I ate half of one piece, and the crispy crust end of the other slice, and toppings off both. But it just wasn't worth it to me to eat the crust (even though I had worked my carbs that day to accommodate two full slices of pizza, since I knew that was going to be dinner).

I've found the same with cakes and sweets that I used to LOVE. They're just not as good to me anymore.

That being said, we went out to lunch the other day to a local family-run place that makes their own crab soup and bread. I ate MUCH more bread than I had planned. But in that instance, it was really good bread! And yeah, I was up a couple pounds the next day. *shrug* It was worth it, and the extra weight is gone now.
I have found that it didnt taste as great as i remebered now that you mention it.. i mean the toppings ALWAYS taste great.. but i could have doen with out the crust. After eating those and thur my next dd i was down half a pound.. so it did not really affect any thing after all, which was soo nice to see.. The one thing i am having a craving for is Brownies swirled with creamchesse and chco chips I just might try those when i reach this next mini goal of 195 wich is only 1.8 pounds from now!
Old 04-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
I have found that it didnt taste as great as i remebered now that you mention it.. i mean the toppings ALWAYS taste great.. but i could have doen with out the crust. After eating those and thur my next dd i was down half a pound.. so it did not really affect any thing after all, which was soo nice to see.. The one thing i am having a craving for is Brownies swirled with creamchesse and chco chips I just might try those when i reach this next mini goal of 195 wich is only 1.8 pounds from now!
Kimberly: So happy to hear this! You are doing GREAT!!
Old 04-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Quote:
I'm a strange pizza toppings-only gal. Been that way since I was little, and it got me yelled at by family and friends constantly because I'd literally peel off the entire topping (mmm...the cheese and sausages and onions and peppers and did I mention cheese, etc) and just eat that and leave the crust behind. No one ever wanted to order pizza with me when I had roommates in college. So now I just make homemade crust-less pizza which is just an Italian style cheese casserole with all the pizza toppings and veggies and is so much more satisfying.

I'm glad it didn't affect your progress though, and I didn't think it would. I indulge in carbs that I like from time to time and it honestly never impacts my progress as long as I'm sticking to my calorie limits.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:45 AM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I just might try those when i reach this next mini goal of 195 wich is only 1.8 pounds from now!
Would you look at YOU!! You are rockin' this, and I am SO excited for you!!