Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 07:33 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Margarita :)
WOE: NT
Start Date: 6/14/2013
Calling all Old Ladies!

I'm new to JUDDD (first DD was yesterday). I'm 55, through menopause, and pretty hormonal. I know that hormones make a big difference when dieting. After all, we all know what they say about menopause ... menopausal women gain weight.

So my question to all of you lovelies is, does JUDDD work for you? Have you lost with this diet, even though menopause has reared her ugly head? Is it a slower loss compared to when you were younger?

Overall, how would you rate JUDD on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best diet in the whole world?

I hope I didn't offend, calling for all Old Ladies. I actually love being this age. Just don't love being this weight!

Margarita
Margarita :) is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Old?!?!? Well, not offended, but I am headed to 54 and I can verify that my weight loss has been excruciating slow since reaching 50.
I have lost 14 lbs in 9 weeks on JUDDD, which is probably about as fast as I would have on other methods. I simply find this WOE the least stressful for me.

Also, I am looking at the whole picture when it comes to health. Longevity and turning back the hands of time, mean a lot more to me as I look back on other methods of weight loss. Fasting has always been an enjoyment for me in the past, so I thought I would give this a whirl.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I will turn 58 in early June. Your best bet is to give it a try for a month. The only thing you have to lose is weight!!

My experience is that before menopause, exercise and watching carb intake kept me slim.

In 2002 I suffered a severe back injury that gave me my first ride in an ambulance, siren's blazing. I was bedridden for a while, on serious drugs to manage pain and then in physical therapy for 3 months. About that time the hot flashes started and I went into full blown menopause.

No surprise that going from working out every day to being sedentary combined with whacked out hormones caused the pounds to pile on over the years. Nothing worked for me during those "change" years. I would work hard, lose 20 pounds and then it would just come right back on.

Seems like every year from Feb - April I would lose 20 and then from April to July it would come back and bring friends.

Beginning of 2011 I realized the hot flashes and a lot of the other weirdness had stopped (strange body rashes appearing out of no where, unbelievable muscle cramps, the need to sleep 14 hours a night, not being able to cry over anything for years! Even though when I was younger I would even cry at Pamper's commercials!!...and on and on...)

By the end of July I was ready to try serious low carbing again to see if it would work. Didn't think I could stick to strict Stillman's like days of old. Heard about Dr. Dukan's book on Dr. Oz. I took a couple of days to read the first part and got the attack part seriously burned into my brain before I started.

Was shocked to lose 14 pounds in 10 days!!! I had seen a lady on Dr. Oz's show who said she lost 13 in 10 days and thought that could never happen to me. I found it extremely easy to do.

I moved into the cruise part where you add in non-starchy vegetables every other day and still kept losing pretty steadily. By December I was down 28 pounds and feeling good, but the losses were getting slower, fewer and farther between. Then even doing the attack part again wasn't helping and the scale crept up a few pounds.

That's when I found JUDD. The UDs were tough at first because I wanted to eat everything in sight just because I knew I could!! After about 2 weeks I believe the SIRT1 gene started to do it's magic. I dropped down about 5 pounds and when we went on an 8 day vacation to Florida in January, I went totally off plan and just ate and drank a lot every day.

Was so surprised to only gain 1.8 pounds. That never would have happened with VLC as I probably would have gained 10 and it would have taken a month to get it off!! With JUDD it came off after only 2 DD rotations and took more with it.

In February my second brother passed away and 2 of my sisters were hospitalized. One of them was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. I had to travel a lot and spend lots of time with family and comfort food. So, I didn't do too much JUDDing in February. However, I maintained my weight, which I attributed to the sirtuins still being active enough to keep me from gaining.

Got back in the groove in March and lost 6 pounds without too much effort.

Sorry this got so long!! But you are younger than I am. There are lots of ladies in our age group and even much older on this forum and I trust they will attest to the many health benefits of JUDD besides the weight loss.

You really need to read up on Intermittent Fasting, it's effect on the body and the good things it can do for you.

My mantra is "I'm too old to suffer". That's why I don't wear high heels anymore!!! I really don't feel like I'm suffering with this WOE.

I know sometimes I need to tweak things. When I feel cravings coming back, I have to pull back on carbs (maybe because I have PCOS and used intermittent low carb dieting all my life to stay thin). I can tell that when I eat too much salt and too many refined carbs, I retain fluid. Just pulling back on the carbs and salt for a few days make the cravings go away and the scale go back down.

"This is not a race." I guess that's my secondary mantra. I don't have an expiration date on when I need to be a certain weight or fit into my goal dress. I just want to be a turtle and keep heading towards my goal.

JUDD causes fat to melt. I started losing inches like crazy before the scale caught up and started dropping. That's fine with me as I went from a tight size 18 to a comfortable size 10. (In the same brand from the same store so even if it is vanity sizing, I'm still measuring my progress).

I feel better. That's the bottom line!! Hope this was more helpful than boring!!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
I am nearing 70, so I think I qualify as "an old lady", even if I don't feel like one! This is the most amazing WOE I have EVER encountered, and I've done them all! Most days, I feel like a "teenager" (just hope I'm not acting like one!). Give this a go, and I think, you too, will be amazed!

Carole
arkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: laceylady
Stats: 16w(190)/size 14(175)/size 12
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 2012/restart May 2013
Just hit 56 yesterday... bottom line for me is this: JUDDD works for me. LC worked when I was 30 (lost 60 pounds) but now I just don't want to not have the foods I enjoy. With JUDDD I CAN have the foods I've included in my life for lo, these many years, as long as I have them on an UD. Which is fine with me. I can go 24-36 hours without a banana or a cookie or beef or pasta or... etc. My DH will be 60 in December and he's doing fine on JUDDD as well, learning his portion control if nothing else. We've both lost about 25 pounds since January, and as soon as we get through this month of birthdays and out-of-town visits, we'll be able to stick to plan even better. But yes, of any plan I've tried, this one at this age and stage of the game works for me, with a slow but steady loss. I do need to make an appt to get bloodwork done to see how the old body is doing medically, but I feel good, and knowing the weight is coming off without having to stress over it makes it so much easier to continue towards goal, whatever that is!!

That being said, I'd give JUDDD an 8 out of 10, because there just MIGHT be something better out there, but this is the one that works for me in the real world -- no fake food, no supplements, no checking in, no visits to a "g.y.m." etc. Give it a try -- I'm sure you'll find it works for you, too!
laceylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/74 years old 169/159/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
Well, I'm probably one of the oldest here. I have a terrible time losing and so far JUDD is creeping along. In spite of this I do love the ease of the plan and assuming I can actually keep my calories at about 600 or less maybe I will do OK in the long run. Let's keep this post going because age truly does affect how we lose.

Good luck to us all!
SuzeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 1annewil
Stats: 165/156/150
WOE: Atkins/JUDD/Potato Hack/
I am 60 and lc worked for over ten years but faltered. I lost fast last fall on JUDD and through the holidays I gorged on everything and started the new year 15 heavier (it was fun). I've lost 7 of it and it is much slower but I don't do clean UDs and tend to overate eat alot-like 1500 calories in homemade cookies yesterday so I am losing slowly and bouncing alot. I do take hormones and affects everything.
1annewil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:01 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
64 and counting here.

On a scale of 1-10..............10

Best thing I ever did. I got to goal after struggling for years to lose the last 10 lbs on Atkins. Took me around 6 weeks and since then I have been hovering 2 - 5 pounds below goal.

Oh, and

We have a great Newbie thread each month, "April Newbies Post Here", that way you get to know the other newbies and learn together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #9

Gallery: lynnjp
Stats: 273/179/150
WOE: Began JUDDD 3/18/12 UD1600 DD 490
Start Date: 4/28/2001
I AM 61 and had found it impossible to lose anything using every possible plan there was out there-I lost almost 90 pounds using low carb and than just stuck there for over three years, no drop at all. I have been doing this for less than a month and so far have dropped five and I am very happy with that. I can still exercise on my down days-today is one and I have gotten in a 60 minute NIA class, an hour of weight training and 20 minutes of rowing and tonight I will go to my water aerobics class. My energy level is high and I LOVE knowing that tomorrow I can enjoy anything I would like to. Best of luck to you in your weight loss journey-hope this plan works for you!!!

JUDDD 3/18/12 180 pounds 6/27 166 9/17 161

Link to my photos
http://community.webshots.com/user/lynnjc
lynnjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #10
KOO

Gallery: KOO
Stats: Starting 183(2/06)now below....
WOE: Hcg 9/12/12...142.5/134/130
I make 49 in three weeks. Post meno since 11/10. I have been doing JUDDD to maintain from an HCG round and did well maintaining but could not lose anything for the life of me. I have just started a new round of hcg this week, so hoping to drop 10 or 15 pounds and then go back to JUDDD for maintenance. If I could have lost anything while JUDDD'ing I'd have much rather done it that way than have to endure another round of the HCG.
KOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
I'm 65. I have to admit, I thought JUDDD sounded like a crazy idea to me and also unhealthy...especially the 500 calorie DDs . I finally got so fed up with low carb and the ups and downs (mostly ups), that I decided to try this WOE. It's the easiest, most enjoyable diet I've ever tried. And so wonderful to see that it actually works!!! And, also, I now can understand the health benefits too!
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:31 AM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
10 - for sure. I can lose on LCLF but I don't want to eat that way. I am 63 and I want to eat whatever I want to eat. I was sick of saying, I can't have that. Now I am losing slowly but then I really enjoy some of my UD's so losing 18 pounds in 13 weeks is fine with me.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tamilda
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: 8/09/11 Atkins @ 270
I'll be 52 this August.. The way I feel about hitting 50 is that I am at the halfway mark to a better part of my life Willard Scott was on for a looooooong time this morning announcing all of the 100+ birthday people! Heck we are living longer folks and I intend to be on that 100 birthday club! I'm putting in all this hard work so I can enjoy the second half of my life healthy.
So.....we're not old.
Tami
Tamilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.

Turned 72 in March and I give JUDDD a definite 10!

The picture in my avatar is at age 71 years, however.

I have struggled with the same 10 lbs. since coming off of HHCG, but am in maintenance now.

I have found it to be the most user-friendly WOE I've ever tried!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
63 here. Started March 26. 10 years post menopausal. Doing transdermal hormone creams and BHRT implants. Lost 7# since March 26. So for me, it's working right now. I was stalled out at 170 for TWO YEARS on low-carb Atkins. JUDDD is shaking things up for me.

Last edited by buttoni; 04-11-2012 at 12:36 PM..
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
Sazzie, just want to say you certainly don't look your age...not even close! Congrats on staying young looking, and also keeping your "insides" young!

I, too, give JUDDD a 10 or 100...A+!
Carole
arkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #17

Sazzie is a clone or something, kind of a Stepford wife, y'know?

Personally I just bow down before her...
Old 04-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/147/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I lost 50 pounds on Atkins, initially, then stalled out while going through menopause. I went back up about 10 pounds. I tried every tweak imaginable and just couldn't get down any more. Then I discovered hCG and took off 50 pounds, making my goal, but I couldn't keep it off. I kept creeping back up about 15-20 pounds, so I was pretty exasperated. I wasn't sure I could EVER make goal again and keep off the weight.

Enter JUDDD. I give it a 10! I not only lost the extra weight to goal, but have been maintaining about five pounds BELOW. Easily! My most important piece of advice is to respect those DD calories. Period. (I do 600 calories on my maintenance DDs now, and eat pretty freely on UDs.)
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkie1 View Post
Sazzie, just want to say you certainly don't look your age...not even close! Congrats on staying young looking, and also keeping your "insides" young!

I, too, give JUDDD a 10 or 100...A+!
Carole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Sazzie is a clone or something, kind of a Stepford wife, y'know?

Personally I just bow down before her...
You gals are making me

I gratefully attribute it all to my good genes, good attitude and good and healthy eating.
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Margarita :)
WOE: NT
Start Date: 6/14/2013
Thank you all so much for responding! This is so encouraging! I've gone through the lowcarb JUDDD forum and can't find anybody who's stalled, or is unhappy with the program. It's too good to be true. I hope it works for me.

My first UD today, and I loved it. And I love the bouncy thing here too!

Here's to bouncing around, ladies!
Margarita :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:05 PM   #21

Margarita I went to see a wonderful production of 'The Master and Margarita' by Mikhail Bulgakov this week. Could be your gorgeous cat!

Enjoy your bouncing journey into health and fitness.

Last edited by Kissa; 04-11-2012 at 02:06 PM..
Old 04-11-2012, 02:10 PM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Margarita: I love your avatar!!! So cute!

You will enjoy reading the daily weigh in thread. It will encourage you when you have your own bouncing scale. There are also some threads with month long charts and it really shows the bouncing ball down a stairway effect.

I think we might start having an end-of-month chart thread every month. I know I will enjoy posting on it and also reading it! It took me a while to be brave enough to actually post on the daily weigh in thread, but I started reading it every day right when I started JUDD.

Glad you are enjoying your UD. I now have come to really enjoy DDs too. Today is a DD for me. I treat myself to lots of play time on the JUDD forum on DDs.!
Old 04-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Hey! I resemble that Margrata
Smile, I'm 56.
The woe eating was in out space for me. I thought now way.
I can never go without food allllll day. (Which u don't have, of course)
Its a big mental strength if u give this a try. u will find out how tough u r, or how weak u can be too. But just try it. U won't starve. It's actually fun.....fun.
Read all u can. I have th book but haven't read it . I read on this site. Won't take u long to see results. I had 8 lbs to lose, and if I worked it, it lost wt. for me. Can't explain any better. I lost the wt. how maintain very nicely. Good luck!
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:17 PM   #24
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
"OLD LADIES"?! I'm offended!! At 54 I am FAR from old!!

JUDDD has worked amazingly well for me! I actually feel younger since I am doing JUDDD!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
"OLD LADIES"?! I'm offended!! At 54 I am FAR from old!!

JUDDD has worked amazingly well for me! I actually feel younger since I am doing JUDDD!
Hey Beebers: Margarita said, "Calling all Old Ladies" and you answered. Don't you screen your calls???
Old 04-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

On a serious note: The very legitimate point of discussion is whether or not a woman's age and hormonal changes have any effect on weight loss efforts. I think they do.

My mother and some of my sisters were very thin naturally. Then along came menopause and they inflated like balloons. I remember my mother starving herself, literally. Nothing worked for her except when the change of life was over. Then she did some sensible dieting and went for long vigorous daily walks and she got back to her old, thin self again.

It's crazy to think age and hormones won't be a factor. I don't think anyone would deny thyroid issues play a role, right? Something worth talking about and this is a good thread.

Also, from what I'm hearing, there is a very real possibility that JUDD can overcome and even heal the age-related, hormone whacky situations that stall or prevent WL. Don't you think?
Old 04-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #27
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Hey Beebers: Margarita said, "Calling all Old Ladies" and you answered. Don't you screen your calls???
Touche'!!

Last edited by Beeb; 04-11-2012 at 05:30 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Touche'!!
!!!!!
Old 04-11-2012, 06:09 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/120/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
This group is for me too!!! I am 7 # more then when I was 19.

I give the diet a 10!

It is the best woe for me!

I am on HRT!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone else?????????????

I know of no blood relatives I have that gained weight when getting old! Maybe the genes?
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:23 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Hi Margarita! I am 59 and absolutely love JUDDD. I've lost almost 30 lbs. and just joined the "maintenance lane." Did Atkins in the past, respect it but hated it for me....I was very unhappy without my bread, an occasional cinnamon roll and chips and salsa (to name a few) everyone else was having! It has been thrilling to enjoy eating out with friends and family again. Yes menopause has definitely made it slower for me but that was fine by me. Enjoying ANYTHING I want (staying within my calorie limits) has been delightful....and.....slower?....so what...it isn't a race, and I was only "dieting" half the time!!! How wonderful is that!!! On a scale of 1-10 I give it a 12!!!!! You will find the most helpful caring BUDDS (wonderful coaches) ever, and I don't mind being a cheerleader to cheer you on!!! I will hush now!! One more thing though... to the greatest group anywhere. (can you imagine a 59 yr. old cheerleader!!)

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote