Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 05:39 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
On a scale of 1 to 10, I give JUDDD about a 15.

Going back to teenage drama, I have always been a slow loser. JUDDD is slow, but it is no slower than anything else I did. And it is oh-so-sure. This is my fourth month and the ancillary health benefits are kicking in.

I realized a few weeks ago all of those 'other' changes ... and all the self-learning JUDDD has allowed me ... and knowing in advance what it will take to maintain once I arrive ... would be worth keeping even if my weight loss stopped. Which it hasn't. New low today! In eight pounds I stop saying, "Lowest weight since I was 45, and start saying Lowest weight since I was 27."
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2012, 07:08 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post

Going back to teenage drama, I have always been a slow loser. JUDDD is slow, but it is no slower than anything else I did. And it is oh-so-sure. This is my fourth month and the ancillary health benefits are kicking in.

I realized a few weeks ago all of those 'other' changes ... and all the self-learning JUDDD has allowed me ... and knowing in advance what it will take to maintain once I arrive ... would be worth keeping even if my weight loss stopped. Which it hasn't. New low today! In eight pounds I stop saying, "Lowest weight since I was 45, and start saying Lowest weight since I was 27."
How cool is that?!?!!! I am so thrilled for you and can only imagine how that has to feel! Dang, that put a big smile on my face. YAY you!

I'm another "old lady" who rates JUDDD a 15 (at least). I'm 57. It's absolutely the best thing I've done for myself in a long while. It works. I feel so much better overall even in the three short weeks I've been living this way. It's EASY and NO GUILT. No cravings. No preoccupation with food. No down side except learning to manage the DDs at first (then it became so effortless for me).

The other day my husband said JUDDD was my "half-azz" diet. I think of it more as The Liberation Diet - liberation from fat and all of the UGH factors that make other diets difficult. Big love for JUDDD!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:12 AM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
Hi Margarita! I am 59 and absolutely love JUDDD. I've lost almost 30 lbs. and just joined the "maintenance lane." Did Atkins in the past, respect it but hated it for me....I was very unhappy without my bread, an occasional cinnamon roll and chips and salsa (to name a few) everyone else was having! It has been thrilling to enjoy eating out with friends and family again. Yes menopause has definitely made it slower for me but that was fine by me. Enjoying ANYTHING I want (staying within my calorie limits) has been delightful....and.....slower?....so what...it isn't a race, and I was only "dieting" half the time!!! How wonderful is that!!! On a scale of 1-10 I give it a 12!!!!! You will find the most helpful caring BUDDS (wonderful coaches) ever, and I don't mind being a cheerleader to cheer you on!!! I will hush now!! One more thing though... to the greatest group anywhere. (can you imagine a 59 yr. old cheerleader!!)

Phyl
Phyl, you know you're our very own Dallas Cheerleader! You look like you are one!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:27 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Margarita :)
WOE: NT
Start Date: 6/14/2013
There are so many great responses here. And so many beautiful faces. I love this place already!

Today I'm trying real hard to believe everything that you're all saying. I'm someone who actually stalled on Hcg, so seeing the jump in the scale after my first UD is a little discouraging. Even though I know it's supposed to jump up. It's expected to jump up. It SHOULD jump up! Geez, I'm an intelligent person! My emotions are so out there today. I need to try to let my intellect and logical thinking take the lead here!

I guess it's just years of conditioning and experience with nothing working for me that's discouraging today. I have to keep telling myself that I have to be patient and see where I'm at in about a month. And as someone said, this isn't a race. I'm doing this mainly for my health ... although I will admit there's some vanity involved too.

One other reason, though, that I'm willing to wait it out and see what happens is because you ladies are sooooo encouraging, sweet and funny. This is a club I want to belong to!! Thanks for giving me such a warm and friendly . It really means alot.
Margarita :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:29 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post

oh Nancy, I am more than thrilled for your new low!! And have I told you lately that I simply LOVE your attitude and outlook on life? I want to be like you when I am an old lady!!!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:40 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Quote:
Hey Beebers: Margarita said, "Calling all Old Ladies" and you answered. Don't you screen your calls???

I am 65.5 and, yes, I am losing more slowly than I did before, BUT I am losing, which, after LCing since 2003, I wasn't.

Margarita I only weigh after DDs. Maybe you should give that a try.

Good posts, everyone!

Last edited by Scotty; 04-12-2012 at 07:43 AM..
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:48 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Although I don't consider myself old ( it's all in your perspective I guess- my MOM is old to me at age 83), I guess others would see 59 as old.

Hormones have definitely impacted my weight and fat distribution. I was talking with my BFF and she told me my jeans were really baggy and I should go down a size in my jeans (don't you just love BFF's?). But I told her I can't because of the middle age spread that just came upon me one day! I always had a slimmer waist and had trouble fitting slacks without taking the waist in. Now that is my problem area. I can get in smaller sized jeans, except for that dang mid-section and I can't snap and zip them. That has been the hardest weight to lose. Accckkk...the dreaded middle age spread! Thanks a LOT menopause!

I do rate JUDDD, like Nancy, a 15. After 3 months I have hit my groove and it has become my way of living. I took my BFF , another old lady, out to celebrate her 60th birthday last night and she was talking about how nice it was that I could eat what I wanted and I wasn't saying, oh I can't eat there, or I can't eat this and I can't eat that. For the first time in YEARS, we ordered a dessert and split it. That may seem like a little thing to some, but it was HUGE for me and for my friend as well. I think she has suffered through my dieting years as much as I have.

There was just a profound sense of freedom and normalcy as we dined last night, toasting our champagne and sharing our dessert. And wouldn't you know? I really like that feeling!

I still don't like the title of the thread!!

Last edited by sungoddess; 04-12-2012 at 07:52 AM..
Old 04-12-2012, 10:01 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/160/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
Love this thread's sense of humor! My weigh in after a DD showed absolutely no loss. Nada, zip. It's so discouraging. Have to say though my lack of exercise has been grim. I usually walk (Leslie Sansone) and alternate with Pilates on my reformer. Here in Oregon the weather really seems to affect my mental state. If it is drizzly and colder I just don't want to move. DH is working out of town next week so maybe I can make some progress. He is a head and neck cancer patient and apparently is a "statistic" because most patients don't live as long as he has. Every day is a gift. He is a trucker and got temp work one week each month for extra income. Maybe it will energize him a bit. For me, I will keep on truckin myself and see if I can make some progress by end of next week.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQ View Post
Love this thread's sense of humor! My weigh in after a DD showed absolutely no loss. Nada, zip. It's so discouraging. Have to say though my lack of exercise has been grim. I usually walk (Leslie Sansone) and alternate with Pilates on my reformer. Here in Oregon the weather really seems to affect my mental state. If it is drizzly and colder I just don't want to move. DH is working out of town next week so maybe I can make some progress. He is a head and neck cancer patient and apparently is a "statistic" because most patients don't live as long as he has. Every day is a gift. He is a trucker and got temp work one week each month for extra income. Maybe it will energize him a bit. For me, I will keep on truckin myself and see if I can make some progress by end of next week.
It is just such a bummer to get on that scale and not get rewarded. Boo hoo. Sorry about that! Are you feeling looser clothing though?
Wow- congrats to your DH on being a survivor. You are right that each day of life is a gift. How nice that he got a bit of extra work.
Hang in there and don't let the mean old scale get you down.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/235/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! June 2014
You ladies are sooooooooooo funnee!!!!

I am 56, and when I did LC, I was younger and it worked okay, had even gotten down to a good weight. But then the pounds crept back, and when I tried redoing that WOE, it didn't seem to work for me anymore, I stalled a lot. But with JUDDD, I am seeing weight loss, and I am so happy about that!!! I knew that my metabolism was messed up and figured I'd just be a big lady - I thank God every day for letting me see Beeb's post over on the LC board; after reading it, I followed her link, and have never looked back!!!!

I've got brand new knees, a wonderful Blessing from the Lord!!!

InTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #41
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Terilynn
Stats: back to LC 1/6/14, going to stick to & make it
WOE: LC
Well I am 54 - soon to be 55 and I am giving it a go...
playing with it today and tomorrow.... UP on Sunday and first "OFFICIAL" DD on Monday. We shall see.
I am not totally through the "BIG M" ... haven't had hormones checked, but still have a lot of hot flashes...mensus has been gone for over a year though.
Terilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:12 AM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ragdoll24
Stats: 203/cw110.2/108.6 LDW
WOE: LC,IF,RX hCG Simeons for last 20 lbs. Phase3
Start Date: January 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
Turned 72 in March and I give JUDDD a definite 10! The picture in my avatar is at age 71 years, however.
I have struggled with the same 10 lbs. since coming off of HHCG, but am in maintenance now.
I have found it to be the most user-friendly WOE I've ever tried!
I have been friends with Gracie for quite a few years since we "meet" through LCF. We get together every few weeks and I can attest that Gracie looks MUCH younger than her actual years.
I'm happy with the JUDDD WOE and am 68 yrs. old. This way of eating is one that I can see myself happily living with for the rest of my days. I think it's a great way to "maintain" and still enjoy some treats along the way.
Ragdoll24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:00 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Today is a DD. I should have weighed at about 10AM the other day because I always weigh less by then. It did show that I had gone down a pound. Now we will see what this next week brings. If I lose again I think I will have more confidence in the program as a whole. Hope you are all having a good weekend!
SuzeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:26 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lianora Mosswood
Stats: 165/121/115 5'3" 54 yrs
WOE: locarb primal juddd
Start Date: January 2011
Margarita,

I am in a similar situation as you. I am 53, through menopause (but don't feel hormonal--I don't think I have any of those!), 5'3".

I started JUDDD on 2/8/12 at 132.8 pounds after losing 32 lbs on Atkins, then stalling for almost 5 months, no matter how I switched things up, sat at 140 for a long time. Between October and January I was able to lose 10 more by playing around with JUDDD and Kruse Leptin reset, but I had a hard time committing to either as a WOL.

I am now mid-week of my 9th week with JUDDD, having DDs at 600-700 cals and UD between 1500 and 1700 cals. I am not too worried about quick loss, as long as there is some, and average about a pound a week. I've lost 10.4 so far on JUDDD.

I don't have too much bouncy loss (sit at the same weight for days, then finally show a loss that I maintain for days. . .), and I think the rate of loss is terrific. I'm now less that 10 pounds from my goal! There have been very few times in my adult life that I could say that I had less than 20 pounds to lose, so this idea is pretty new.

I have to rate JUDDD much higher than 10! I don't have hunger issues, I don't obsess about food, I am in a good groove with it. Sometimes I have to remember that every day is not a DD.

There is a tremendous amount of support on this board, whether you low-carb JUDDD or not, whether you are consistent or not, whether you feel successful or not.

I encourage you to keep with this and see where it takes you!
Lianora Mosswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:39 AM   #45
KOO
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KOO
Stats: Starting 183(2/06)now below....
WOE: Hcg 9/12/12...142.5/134/130
I am so jealous of all of you that lose on JUDDD. Like I said in my other post, I maintained well on it but just couldn't lose. I am hoping I can get to 130 with this round of hcg and then go back to JUDDD to keep it there. I am missing my every other day ice cream while I am doing this round.
KOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:17 AM   #46

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margarita :) View Post
I'm new to JUDDD (first DD was yesterday). I'm 55, through menopause, and pretty hormonal. I know that hormones make a big difference when dieting. After all, we all know what they say about menopause ... menopausal women gain weight.

So my question to all of you lovelies is, does JUDDD work for you? Have you lost with this diet, even though menopause has reared her ugly head? Is it a slower loss compared to when you were younger?

Overall, how would you rate JUDD on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best diet in the whole world?

I hope I didn't offend, calling for all Old Ladies. I actually love being this age. Just don't love being this weight!

Margarita
Hi, Margarita.

In three weeks I'll turn 69. I've been a member here at LCF for many years, and have done JUDDD for over a year and a half. I'm completely sold on it!!!!!

We all have to face the fact that as we age, we almost always experience a fairly strong slowing of metabolism. That seems to doom most to either overweight, or to having to only nibble food and have scant meals in order to maintain a slim figure. Both unpleasant ways to spend the rest of my life, to my way of thinking.

JUDDD can fix that problem, allow you to get slim and remain slim in your later years, AND enjoy all of the dining pleasures your restaurants offer, the party tables laden with goodies at social events, your treasured family recipes that are central to all the Holidays at your house. You get to make your meals of whatever foods you enjoy the most and feel the healthiest and happiest on. All in exchange for following the JUDDD cycle.

And JUDDD has an added benefit for us that isn't conferred by many other eating plans, and it is over and above the health benefits of mere weight loss. If you do any reading on the life extension studies/calorie restriction studies/fasting studies you will understand that this way of eating actually comes to affect you at a cellular level, working to normalize your metabolism, your appetites, your response to foods, your response to carbs even!

Amazingly, many of us find that after JUDDDing for awhile, we've gone on vacation (for example) and not been able, or wanted, to follow the JUDDD cycle of DDs during that period, and yet have returned to find we have barely gained much weight back. Previously, on other diets, we'd expect to have gain many, many pounds. But on JUDDD, even without being on the plan for awhile, the *magic* continued to remain functioning within us, calorie burn continued well, and there was little damage to undo when we got home and back to JUDDDing once again! That's a fun little help in life.

I have been hypothyroid for decades in addition to long past menopause. I'm just 5'-3", so not one of the tall gals. I've lost weight previous to JUDDD, although not on low carb as I apparently didn't do that correctly and didn't lose weight on it. But I continued to lose weight with JUDDD and now maintain myself about as you see me in the avatar picture.

But I no longer have to hold all DDs as low as I did in weight loss mode, so some of my DDs aren't too low anymore. And my UDs are all over 2000 calories these days. Maintenance is great, and no more of a balancing act than on any other plan. If I get a bit too high in my maintenance range, I tighten up on the calorie numbers.

Thank you, JUDDD, for giving me a great metabolism back again at my age! Other diet plans didn't do that for me!

I am completely SOLD on JUDDD for both weight loss and maintenance, and especially for the added health benefits and healing that has given me so much increased quality of life. In the end, that is by far the more valuable gift from JUDDD!
Old 04-14-2012, 12:13 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Hi, Margarita.

In three weeks I'll turn 69. I've been a member here at LCF for many years, and have done JUDDD for over a year and a half. I'm completely sold on it!!!!!

We all have to face the fact that as we age, we almost always experience a fairly strong slowing of metabolism. That seems to doom most to either overweight, or to having to only nibble food and have scant meals in order to maintain a slim figure. Both unpleasant ways to spend the rest of my life, to my way of thinking.

JUDDD can fix that problem, allow you to get slim and remain slim in your later years, AND enjoy all of the dining pleasures your restaurants offer, the party tables laden with goodies at social events, your treasured family recipes that are central to all the Holidays at your house. You get to make your meals of whatever foods you enjoy the most and feel the healthiest and happiest on. All in exchange for following the JUDDD cycle.

And JUDDD has an added benefit for us that isn't conferred by many other eating plans, and it is over and above the health benefits of mere weight loss. If you do any reading on the life extension studies/calorie restriction studies/fasting studies you will understand that this way of eating actually comes to affect you at a cellular level, working to normalize your metabolism, your appetites, your response to foods, your response to carbs even!

Amazingly, many of us find that after JUDDDing for awhile, we've gone on vacation (for example) and not been able, or wanted, to follow the JUDDD cycle of DDs during that period, and yet have returned to find we have barely gained much weight back. Previously, on other diets, we'd expect to have gain many, many pounds. But on JUDDD, even without being on the plan for awhile, the *magic* continued to remain functioning within us, calorie burn continued well, and there was little damage to undo when we got home and back to JUDDDing once again! That's a fun little help in life.

I have been hypothyroid for decades in addition to long past menopause. I'm just 5'-3", so not one of the tall gals. I've lost weight previous to JUDDD, although not on low carb as I apparently didn't do that correctly and didn't lose weight on it. But I continued to lose weight with JUDDD and now maintain myself about as you see me in the avatar picture.

But I no longer have to hold all DDs as low as I did in weight loss mode, so some of my DDs aren't too low anymore. And my UDs are all over 2000 calories these days. Maintenance is great, and no more of a balancing act than on any other plan. If I get a bit too high in my maintenance range, I tighten up on the calorie numbers.

Thank you, JUDDD, for giving me a great metabolism back again at my age! Other diet plans didn't do that for me!

I am completely SOLD on JUDDD for both weight loss and maintenance, and especially for the added health benefits and healing that has given me so much increased quality of life. In the end, that is by far the more valuable gift from JUDDD!
Thanks for this wonderful testimony! This is the kind of encouragement that makes me think this might work for me.

I'm in much the same boat as you. Short (5'1"), hypothyroid and menopausal. So, it's nice to see you so excited and happy with JUDDD. I'm hoping that in a year, I'll be able to post the same.

Thanks for the encouraging post!
Old 04-14-2012, 04:07 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mainemom
Stats: 147/129/115 5' 1"
WOE: LC; Intermittent Fasting; Wheat Free
Start Date: January 2011
Count me as one of the "oldies," too. 51, through menopause, on hormone therapy, and a shorty (5'1"). Started JUDDD in November of last year(after losing on LC then stalling) and pretty slow going, as I do JUDDD pretty imperfectly. Am down 10 lbs since then, but am now just 1 pound away from goal. So, yeah, it works! I'd rate it a 9. A 10 wld be one of those "magic" pills w/no side effects that magically melts the fat and tones the body while I eat anything and as much as I want any time (yeah, like that's gonna happen!)
"...had we been discussing disorders of growth - why some people grow to be more than seven feet tall and others never make it to four feet - the only subject of discussion would be the hormones and enzymes that regulate growth. And yet, when we're discussing a disorder in which the defining symptom is the abnormal growth of our fat tissue, the hormones and enzymes that regulate that growth are considered irrelevant."
- Gary Taubes, Why We Get Fat
mainemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
I'm 49 and have not started menopause yet, but weight loss happens more slowly than it did 10 or 20 years ago. I'm so glad that I found JUDDD and hope that it will help me get through menopause without gaining weight when it does kick in. I'm also interested to see if JUDDD has other benefits during that phase of my life.
lisamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:27 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Great post Pat! I have been doing this for three weeks and am down by three so far. Today I was up from Chinese but after next DD will be back down. I sort of got off on my schedule this weekend and have to rearrange again but no worries. I figure by Sept. I can lose quite a lot of weight. It's an interesting approach to dieting and I'm giving it every chance to work!
Old 04-15-2012, 09:40 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQ View Post
Great post Pat! I have been doing this for three weeks and am down by three so far. Today I was up from Chinese but after next DD will be back down. I sort of got off on my schedule this weekend and have to rearrange again but no worries. I figure by Sept. I can lose quite a lot of weight. It's an interesting approach to dieting and I'm giving it every chance to work!
I'm just finishing my first week, and it looks like I'll be down about a pound. That's very slow weight loss, but it's weight loss just the same.

I'm like you SuzeQ. I figure if I lose a pound or even 1/2 pound per week, by the end of September I'll have lost between 11 - 22 pounds. I'll take it.

I'm loving the UDs. DDs not so much. But it's so much easier to stick to this than a "regular" diet, because there's always a big fat breakfast waiting for me just around the corner.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:56 AM   #52

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margarita :) View Post
I'm just finishing my first week, and it looks like I'll be down about a pound. That's very slow weight loss, but it's weight loss just the same.

I'm like you SuzeQ. I figure if I lose a pound or even 1/2 pound per week, by the end of September I'll have lost between 11 - 22 pounds. I'll take it.

I'm loving the UDs. DDs not so much. But it's so much easier to stick to this than a "regular" diet, because there's always a big fat breakfast waiting for me just around the corner.
Is that pound of loss just from doing three Down Days this first week? That's pretty decent weight loss actually. Especially for just beginning.

For many of us, the scale doesn't tell us a very true story of weight for the first couple of weeks, because for most of us, we're losing body FAT from doing JUDDD, at the same time we're RE-gaining water weight from eating a few more carbs than we're used to on our Up Days. So the regained water weight cancels out the lost body fat weight, and we look at the scale and think it's going pretty slowly, when in reality it may be far better than that scale can tell us.

Just keep at it. You have to eat as the days of your life pass. So if you eat following this plan, you will become a slim woman as you live your life and get to enjoy some very fine eating!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:56 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
as always, our wonderful Pat (So Happy)!!!:

Phyl
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:43 AM   #54
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: msree
I am 78 and probably the oldest one here. Amazingly I lost 9 #s my first week. (water, you know?)

I think it is a great way to WOE. Now sticking to it is another story. Sigh! I have a weakness for FOOD!
msree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:11 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Just checking in. Have decided to do Atkins '72 for rest of April, then will see. I will let you know how it is going.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:20 AM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/137.8/135-139
I put 2500-3000 calories in this body of mine on Saturday and had a 4 lb. gain. It's coming off and I expect it all to be all off by the end of this week to be back in my maintenance range.
The beauty of JUDDD never disappoints me!

Just came back from a bike ride and it was so refreshing and stimulating.
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

I really want to continue posting here because I love this group. I am down to 165 on Atkins this week so far. Water I know, but loving it! I want to use JUDDD as a maintenance vehicle so I'm still here. I see that everyone is doing well. I will post end of week again. Take care everyone!

Msree: I understand your love of food. That is one reason I am doing Atkins because I'm not hungry. In awhile maybe I will try doing JUDDD LC and see what happens. Trying to stay on plan for DD's is hard for me, especially if I am eating carbs. Just want more and more. Of course I'm not exercising as I should either. My bad.

Last edited by SuzeQ; 04-18-2012 at 10:14 AM..
Old 04-20-2012, 11:39 AM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msree View Post
I am 78 and probably the oldest one here. Amazingly I lost 9 #s my first week. (water, you know?)

I think it is a great way to WOE. Now sticking to it is another story. Sigh! I have a weakness for FOOD!
Most of us do have that same weakness, but this is one of the easiest plans to stick to in my opinion. Congrats on losing 9 in your first week!! That is so motivating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
I put 2500-3000 calories in this body of mine on Saturday and had a 4 lb. gain. It's coming off and I expect it all to be all off by the end of this week to be back in my maintenance range.
The beauty of JUDDD never disappoints me!

Just came back from a bike ride and it was so refreshing and stimulating.
Sazzie, that is wonderful that it is all coming right back off. I LOVE these stories!

Quote:
I really want to continue posting here because I love this group. I am down to 165 on Atkins this week so far. Water I know, but loving it! I want to use JUDDD as a maintenance vehicle so I'm still here. I see that everyone is doing well. I will post end of week again. Take care everyone!
Suze- Oh how I would love to be 165.Congrats on that!! JUDDD seems like a GREAT maintenance vehicle!!

Last edited by sungoddess; 04-20-2012 at 11:43 AM..
Old 04-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Is that pound of loss just from doing three Down Days this first week? That's pretty decent weight loss actually. Especially for just beginning.

For many of us, the scale doesn't tell us a very true story of weight for the first couple of weeks, because for most of us, we're losing body FAT from doing JUDDD, at the same time we're RE-gaining water weight from eating a few more carbs than we're used to on our Up Days. So the regained water weight cancels out the lost body fat weight, and we look at the scale and think it's going pretty slowly, when in reality it may be far better than that scale can tell us.

Just keep at it. You have to eat as the days of your life pass. So if you eat following this plan, you will become a slim woman as you live your life and get to enjoy some very fine eating!
That's a very good point, SoHappy. I've been low carb for a long time, and with JUDDD, I started on some carbs again. I eat gluten free, but I started indulging in other carbs on up days. And it still looks like I lost some weight this first week anyway. About a pound. Which is what I predicted in my earlier post.

In general, I'm still loving JUDDD. Went out to lunch with my boss yesterday, and ordered what I wanted to eat, not what my diet told me I should eat. That was fun.

Thanks for popping in with encouragement! It really helps!

Margarita
Old 04-20-2012, 04:08 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

You know, even though I don't mind doing Atkins, I get so danged bored doing it after a few days. You know what I mean? I am really so much more comfortable having a carb once a day, maybe a small potato or a piece of bread or whatever. Monday it's back on the routine. Just have to not gain back anything over the weekend. Have a good one everyone!