Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 07:14 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dckisses
Absolutely terrified :(

Hello all. Have been a long silent reader here, read all the pages within the last few days.. First off, I'd like to introduce myself..
Diana from Singapore. I'm 1.6m and 50kg and would really really love to lose 5kg to get down to 45kg. And I hope juddd can fulfil my dreams..

But I'm terrified, of this failing. I have been a small eater all along, never over 1200 kcal on most days.. I don't eat rice, noodles.. Lots of fruits and healthy food but ain't losing at all.

2 weeks ago I decided to try this lifestyle out.. But midway through I had to make some tweaks and had 2 uds followed by 2 dds. Right after those 2 ups I don't know why I had to weigh myself on the evening of the 2nd up and I was up by 2kg to 52! Of course I panicked like crazy but eventually rationalised with myself that it was 2 ups.. Obviously food had to contribute to the weigh right?

And since then I haven't weighed myself.. My fear.. The scales. It has this power over me. Able to make or break my way. I'm absolutely frightened to death imagining stepping on the scales and seeing no loss or even a gain!

I thought I was doing good until a friend I haven't met in 4 months commented that I seemed to have put on weight. I was shocked, and SCARED. What if I rly put on more weight on ups despite keeping my dds..

He's the only one who commented though but I'm still terribly affected.. I am going to muster the courage to weigh myself after tmr's dd but.. I'm really really really scared to my wits end..

What do I do? lost.

Thanks in advance guys..
Dckisses is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2012, 07:29 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
First off Remember,, this is a journey not a race.. and with that said. Did you go to the JUDDD calculator and see what your up day caloires are and your Down days as well..? Also its not recommended to do 2 DD in a row it actually will stall your process.. Should be every other day especially durring the first two weeks or so. Im sure you did not gain 2 pounds weight that fast, it can be alot of things.. ie water retention, stress, lack of sleep and even being regular with your bm's.. I want say this is a great place to get the help with this WOE. Shortly more experienced folks will jump in.. but hang in there kiddo!
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:52 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Welcome! I just want to say that you really need to not weigh except once a week and after a DD, especially YOU, because the stress is simply not going to encourage your JUDDDing. Kimberly is right about getting your UD/DD calories correct.

If you have been very low cal anyway for sometime, I can understand the gain. Once your metabolism starts to heal, then the SIRT-1 will take over.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:00 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
Just want to say , and give you . This is the most fantastic weight loss plan out there, and if you work it right, it will work for you! Try to come to this site often, and read and post. A more helpful group of people cannot be found. You will find your "place" and I'm sure you will be successful!

Carole
arkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:33 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Hi Diana and welcome!

I hear you and can relate on the scale fear. I just posted in the other thread about maybe not weighing everyday. I show a downward trend, but weighing everyday can make or break me. I tend to weigh more after a DD, which is unlike most around here.

I have a HUGE fear of failing because I've failed at losing weight for 30 years. I've tried it all and nothing ever works beyond a few pounds. Ironically, JUDDD gave me my best success a few years ago when it first came out.

I wish I knew what to say to relieve your fears. Just know that you're not alone.

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
Welcome!!

It's sad to say, but for many of us, losing weight really IS a mental game. Seeing a big jump on the scale is enough to make you throw in the towel. But, I really doubt this is all fat. It's most likely water retention due to too much sodium, hormones, carbs, and the list goes on...

Reading the advice here in the JUDDD forum really helped me stay on track. (I'm in week 3 right now.) I encourage you to follow the UD/DD rotations for at least the first two weeks, trying to hit your calorie goals, and stay off the scale (ESP after an UD). JUDDD truly IS a great WOE and I'm confident that it CAN work for you. I know it's hard when you've got your doubts, but I urge you to work through these thoughts so you can reach your goals. Good luck!!
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:35 PM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hello Diana.

I lived in Singapore and I know how 'frank' Singaporeans are there about weight! Being a comparatively huge European was tough, everything was sized so tiny.

I think patience is the answer, as Kimberley says, this is not a race. Relax, don't look at those scales for a while, and make sure you do the rotations as closely as you sensibly can without beating yourself up.

On your UDs please have some of the truly wonderful Singaporean foods I so miss.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Welcome!

Going to repeat asking if you went to the JUDDD site to calculate how many calories you should be eating on your UD and DD? Because if you eat up and away on your UD's, even with good DD's, you CAN gain on this woe.

If you aren't sure if your numbers are right, post your stats (height, weight and age) and someone can help you dial in those numbers.

Some people don't lose right away. I was one of them. My metabolism was slow due to many months of taking in around 1100-1200 calories. It took about 4 weeks for the sirtuin enzymes to get activated well for me, during which I lost 3 pounds and entered maintenance. I stayed there for the next 6 weeks, losing another pound while 'maintaining'. Then I decided to reset my goal weight, and dropped 4 pounds in 2 weeks. So there was def a difference in my ability to lose weight in the early days, and after some healing had taken place. If I'd had more weight to lose and continued in weight loss mode (wlm) for all that time, I expect I would have seen a gradual increase in my ability to lose as time went on.

So don't despair. And don't do 2 DD's in a row again. If it happens that you end up with 2 UD's, just do a DD the next day, then UD and keep on. If you know ahead of time that you need to change your rotation, you can insert a MD (medium day), but shouldn't do that in the first 2 weeks (maybe 4 if you have slow losses at the beginning).

Try not to be afraid. There are people here who felt very 'broken' metabolically, and are doing well. But you do have to commit to giving it time to heal you before passing judgement on whether it is working or not.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #9
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyjupiter View Post
Welcome!!

It's sad to say, but for many of us, losing weight really IS a mental game. Seeing a big jump on the scale is enough to make you throw in the towel. But, I really doubt this is all fat. It's most likely water retention due to too much sodium, hormones, carbs, and the list goes on...

Reading the advice here in the JUDDD forum really helped me stay on track. (I'm in week 3 right now.) I encourage you to follow the UD/DD rotations for at least the first two weeks, trying to hit your calorie goals, and stay off the scale (ESP after an UD). JUDDD truly IS a great WOE and I'm confident that it CAN work for you. I know it's hard when you've got your doubts, but I urge you to work through these thoughts so you can reach your goals. Good luck!!
and !
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Awww thanks a lot everyone! I went to bed upset and woke up still upset until I read all your replies! *big hug*

Answering some of the qns, I did go to the juddd website and calculate.. They gave me

1849/370 for 1-3 days of light exercise, 20% weigh loss mode.
1618/323 for no exercise.

I'm a student, 18 who does physical education twice a week.. Walks quite a fair bit..
I'm aware there's other site that helps calculate.. Hmm can anyone help me see if I'm doing anything wrong?

In metrics : 160cm, 50kg ( last I weighed proper, 3 weeks ago. ), 18yearsold, light exercise

And oh one more question, should I redo my induction since I kind of went off track with 2ups and 2dds? Will it help me based on experience?
And is 20% weight loss mode too low because it's my last 10+ pounds so it seems a lot mega harder.

2dds is that bad? Because as you all can tell, i'm terrified of putting on weight so I try to compensate my 2ups with 2dds thinking it'll balance things out. But now I know, mental note taken!

Really thanks everyone, i appreciate all the lovely comments! I feel a lot better and encouraged. I was quite plump 6 years ago, lost 10kg suddenly (no dieting, no lifestyle change. It was just a sudden drop i didnt expect either) and after that made a lifestyle change to cut put fast food, soda and fried food.. Till now even on this diet, I'm still afraid to touch them. Or rather gotten used not to touch them. I'm still really conscious of what I eat on my ups.. Only realising I haven't had enough towards the evening. Which is bad, I gotta start planning my meals and stop being so scared.

Heehee, you'll def be seeing a lot more of me here!! )
(I'm trying to fast on DDs but I don't know how'll go. Determined! Any tips? )

Last edited by Dckisses; 04-11-2012 at 03:57 PM..
Old 04-12-2012, 05:17 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Glad your still at it,, and yes 2 dd in a row is not good.. due to it puts your body in starvation mode.. and can stall progress.. the trick or magic of JUDDD is by feeding your body every other day to make it say "hey everything is ok.. were not starving" and the body will release un needed water along with fat.. So please EAT! and do you best to eat up to your UD limit for it will help on your DD to not feel "as" hugry. I will let the others join in a explan this process a lil bit better.. but in the mean time.. go read the post "You got to eat".. It has some great info there to explain why we do the rotation the way we do..
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:03 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Fasting, or nearly fasting, becomes easier after the sirtuin enzymes (JUDDD Magic) kick in. I encourage you to plan your DDs for around 500 calories. Then try to fast. But, if that is stressful you can fall back on your planned DD eating.

Note: some people HAVE to eat on DDs or they stall. I actually encourage you to begin by eating on DDs then taper off while keeping an eye on what you need to feel good and lose weight.

If, and this can happen, things go get back on the DD/UD rotation as quickly as you can. JUDDD is forgiving. And the longer you do the rotation, the more forgiving JUDDD becomes.

Those UD/DD calories look reasonable to me. Over time, as JUDDD Magic really gets established, you will be able to tune them to your unique metabolism. But that is a very good place to start.

STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:08 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Lots of really solid advice here and as a newbie myself, I'll let the others speak but wanted to say
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Guys... I just weighed myself. Lost nothing. I'm so upset. What did I do wrong or what should I do now?
Old 04-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<278/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Well, I know you are scared of gaining weight but I wonder how you would feel about trying a day of eating MORE calories? Like at least 2000-2400, with lots of protein, nutritious veggies & some fat such as cheese or whatever you like.

I know it sounds crazy but if you were limiting yourself to 1200 cals/day previously, maybe 1600 on your Up Day isn't enough to give your body the message that it's safe to let go of the weight.

I *often* drop 2lbs or so after a party or eating pizza & going over my calories!
As long as it's no more than once every 2 weeks or so.

On the other hand, you could be right, and your metabolism needs a little extra time to heal.

Do you have another diet that you would switch to, that you are *sure* would work better than JUDDD? If not, please don't walk away yet!

I've noticed a lot of people start seeing amazing changes after 4 weeks. Your JUDDD magic coiuld be right around the corner!
New lows, 2014:
7/27 275.4

Last edited by piratejenny; 04-12-2012 at 06:14 PM..
piratejenny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Thanks again everyone. Today's supposed to be my up day but after weighing myself i'm in a very conflicting situation.
First, I'm thinking if I should eat more to see the magic of juddd. But sensibly of course. And actually very glad to do so as I love food, I love cooking.. I love to eat but yeah I'm just scared.
Secondy, I'm scared that if this isn't working I'm eating excess calories!

I've rationalised with myself that 1600+400 divided by 2 days is 1000kcal each and is lesser than what I used to eat.. Maybe that's why the jump isn't too big and I need more time..

Answering pirate Jenny, I don't have another diet in mind.. Ive been during all my life and I'm so so sick of this that's why when I found this I was so happy that this can be a lifestyle.. And a non deprived one at that.

I'm willing to stick on somemore!!! Any advice or encouragement is really really appreciated!!!
Old 04-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

I know this sounds so lame, but hang in there. After tracking yesterday, I find I'm not eating to my UD calories. I'm think that's why I'm not really losing yet. The upside is I'm not gaining.

I'm not following on your math there. Stick to 500 calories on your DD's and eat up to your allowed UD calories, even if it's upwards of 2000 or more.
Whichever the UD calories you figured up above, stick with those - just definitely stick to 500 calories on the DD. Don't forget our bodies are crafty things and will shut things down if it feels in danger of not being fed.

I'm with you being sick of dieting. Many here see quick results, many take a month or more. Apparently, I'm in the latter category and you might be, too. I'm talking to myself when I tell you to hang in there and think positive!!
Old 04-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Hi vanilla_latte, thanks for the encouragement

Initially and until now, this whole JUDDD lifestyle is really a mystery to me. Especially all the diets I've been on are calorie-restrictive.. And for JUDDD, it seems like not eating enough = not losing weight right? So after eating up to your UD calories, did you lose? Care to share your story with me?

I followed 323kcal because the website says induction period, eat no more than 20% weight loss.. and now since i'm not losing yet, I stuck to that. So you suggest I should up to 500? I can try, since I see no harm trying.. I'm not losing anyways and who knows right?

Yes, i guess my hopes were too high when i read everyone's post about losing so fast and effortlessly.. and disappointment got abit higher too. But every body's different right? Let's hang on together!
Old 04-14-2012, 05:19 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
We have lots of examples of people who did not really start losing until they figured out how to eat to or above UD calories. Examples that include me.

MAKE yourselves eat on UDs ladies! This is not a low-cal diet. This is turning surtuin enzyme production on and off.

Also, some people seem to stall at first because some kind of healing needs to take place before their bodies are willing to let go of excess energy (fat). If you are feeling more energy, if your skin is starting to glow, if you need fewer naps or your tummy feels better than it used to after eating, you may fall in that category. Weight loss will follow.

Finally, MEASURE. It can be painful - I really did not want to know how big I had gotten - but many, many of us lose inches before the scale changes. If the fat is shrinking, if it is even moving around, and you stick with JUDDD then weight loss will follow.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:17 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

I never did do the required DD calories as per the calculator. It seemed most did the 500 limit, beginning a bit higher if need be, then working down to it. I do seem to lose a little after an UD, despite this weekend, which I did not. Yes, I know it seems very odd to see that not eating enough = not losing weight, but it does. This week, I'm going to track both days and make sure I eat enough on the UD.

I hope Nancy is right about the healing. I'm coming up on 5 weeks and still haven't begun losing. I'm admittedly disappointed and frustrated - but I have nowhere else to go, so I'm sticking with it.

So .. hanging on together!!
Old 04-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #21

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I was doing pretty low DDs, usually between 200 - 400 calories, and around 2000 for UDs. The JUDDD calculator gives me 2138 (I think) for UDs, so now I'm shooting for 500/2100. It appears that my loss is faster with the HIGHER numbers.

Date - Weight - Day - Calories
04/01 - 228.6 - DD - 340
04/02 - 228.6 - UD - 1980
04/03 - 228.6 - DD - 366
04/04 - 227.8 - UD - 1984
04/05 - 226.8 - DD - 384 (50.8 lbs lost since 10/24/11!)
04/06 - 226.8 - UD - 1987
04/07 - 226.8 - DD - 305
04/08 - 228.2 - UD - 1988
04/09 - 227.6 - DD - 351
04/10 - 226.6 - UD - 1965
04/11 - 226.6 - DD - 353 I'm getting frustrated.
04/12 - 225.6 - UD - 1983 4 month JUDDDiversary!
04/13 - 225.6 - DD - 482 Highest DD yet!-Decided to try to hit 500/2100
04/14 - 225.6 - UD - 2082
04/15 - 224.4 - DD - 484
04/16 - 223.8 - UD - >2100

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:45 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I was doing pretty low DDs, usually between 200 - 400 calories, and around 2000 for UDs. The JUDDD calculator gives me 2138 (I think) for UDs, so now I'm shooting for 500/2100. It appears that my loss is faster with the HIGHER numbers.

04/01 - 228.6 - DD - 340
04/03 - 228.6 - DD - 366
04/07 - 226.8 - DD - 305
04/09 - 227.6 - DD - 351
04/15 - 224.4 - DD - 484
same here KeirasMom! =)
i moved all the way up to 30/35% and wow its working sooooo much better
everyone is different
you're kickin butt!
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:49 AM   #23

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Thanks!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #24
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Yes, it seems the little bit higher we go the better this plan works!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post

04/01 - 228.6 - DD - 340
04/03 - 228.6 - DD - 366
04/07 - 226.8 - DD - 305
04/09 - 227.6 - DD - 351
04/15 - 224.4 - DD - 484
I'm SO glad to see this! I think you needed a jump!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:02 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Keirasmom- Wow! I see the pattern now! Perhaps that's the wonder of this WOE! A lifestyle for no deprivation! I'll try to up my calories abit and not be so conscious ad fearful of food.. Food is friend!

Vanilla_latte - You haven't started losing since 5 weeks ago too? I know how it feels but let's not throw in the towel shall we? good things are worth waiting for and it never comes easy! It's be great if we can update each other on progress

Thanks everybody!
Old 04-16-2012, 05:02 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Oops double posted!

Last edited by Dckisses; 04-16-2012 at 05:04 PM..