Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 05:50 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alibaba
Stats: 240(pregnant)/176/165
WOE: Atkins induction
Start Date: 5/12/14
What to you do for a little extra motivation?

Last week I re-committed to JUDDD. Not the half-a$$ed version I had been doing. I lost 5 1/2 lbs this week, so I'm feeling good. To up the motivation, I scanned a bunch of pics from my wedding album, and have them hanging on the fridge. So every time I walk by I can think "hmmmm, I can eat the food, or look like that". Hopefully it will help. My Dh was laughing at me, but I think he secretly likes the pics too. What things do you all do to keep your mind in the right place?
alibaba is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2012, 06:21 AM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Make sure I have gotten rid of all my "heavy" clothes and keep trying on the things I want to wear but just aren't comfortable yet!

When I'm really starting to "back pedal" and want to just give up I put on the one smokin outfit I have that makes me look lean and mean and remember WHY I do JUDDD!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:08 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/235/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! June 2014
Yesterday, I went shopping online and ordered outfits that are one size smaller, and I know I will want to wear them when the weather gets warmer, so I gotta stay on track to let the magic work! Besides, having delicious UD foods to enjoy also helps, yipper!!!
InTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:30 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/203.2/160
WOE: NK/ IF
Start Date: 2 January 2014
Alibaba, first of all, congrats on the weightloss and the recommitment!!! Well done!

I have sorted out all my clothes and put them in three separate wardrobes (yes, yes, I have three wardrobes... I know!) One wardrobe is the NOW wardrobe, which really doesn't contain many clothes, and most of them I don't even like... The other one is my IN BETWEEN wardrobe, where I have some pretty cute and nice clothes, and the final wardrobe is my GOAL wardrobe with all my nice clothes that I haven't been able to wear for ages! To give myself extra motivation I've hung one pair of goal jeans and a nice goal dress on the outside of my goal wardrobe, so everytime I walk past it, I see what I'm working towards...

It also made me realise, that I don't need to spend any money, I've got tons of clothes that are screaming to be worn and that would be better than shopping for new ones!

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

UK/European LCF Hangout: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-1-2014-a.html
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:35 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I have dropped one size since starting JUDDD, but since I have been this weight not too long ago, I still have some brand new summery clothes in a couple of sizes smaller. I keep trying them on and they are getting closer to fitting each time. I think that and old pics are wonderful motivation!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:40 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheLight View Post
Yesterday, I went shopping online and ordered outfits that are one size smaller, and I know I will want to wear them when the weather gets warmer, so I gotta stay on track to let the magic work! Besides, having delicious UD foods to enjoy also helps, yipper!!!
Me too!! I ordered some smaller sized clothing for hot weather. I also keep a pair of jeans out that are one size smaller and I try them on every two days to feel them get looser. It is better tool for me psychologically than the scale and I LOVE feeling myself get closer to zipping them up and wearing them with comfort!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:34 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
WOE: JUDDD
I keep looking sideways in the mirror and if I see a certain profile I'm not happy with, then I'm back in WLM.

Fortunately, haven't seen it in awhile.
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I have a dress I wore at DS's wedding in 2002. Back then I felt and looked so great and so thin in it and I have the pictures to prove it! I try it on about once a month. Last week I could almost zip it all the way to the top! Maybe another 10 pounds??
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/147/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Because I'm in maintenance, one of my motivations to stick to the program is that I can eat so freely on my UDs and it doesn't cause me a lasting gain. I'm having FUN!

Also, I've mentioned this elsewhere, but I'm a singer with a band and I'm often standing in front of hundreds of people. I want to look my best, and right now I'm really happy with the way my clothes fit.

I also love it that I still get comments from people that are amazed that my granddaughter isn't my daughter. I have plenty of wrinkles, but I think having a trim body makes me appear younger.
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 170.4/170.4/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD/low carb
Start Date: Start date: July 16, 2014
1. Try on the size 10 "cute shorts" that I fit into @ 140 lbs, I can almost zip them, I NEED to fit into them by summer.

2. Hit the mall and window shop.

3. Try on a bathing suit....both depressing and motivating.

4. Go to Pinterest and look up "exercise" or "cute dress" etc.... The visuals are really helpful with motivation.
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #11
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I come here and read. Even on the days when I'm busy and can't post much, it's so motivating to come here and see how everyone's doing. To see that others are struggling and getting support helps me with my own struggles. To see those who are having phenomenal losses motivates me. To see those in maintenance, still trying to figure it out, or those who have it figured out, motivates me. Just knowing I'm not alone gives me the motivation to keep going, keep plugging along, and I can rest assured that I WILL get there.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:32 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 170.4/170.4/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD/low carb
Start Date: Start date: July 16, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I come here and read. Even on the days when I'm busy and can't post much, it's so motivating to come here and see how everyone's doing. To see that others are struggling and getting support helps me with my own struggles. To see those who are having phenomenal losses motivates me. To see those in maintenance, still trying to figure it out, or those who have it figured out, motivates me. Just knowing I'm not alone gives me the motivation to keep going, keep plugging along, and I can rest assured that I WILL get there.
True true!! this board is extreamly motivating!
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:41 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/235/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
Me too!! I ordered some smaller sized clothing for hot weather. I also keep a pair of jeans out that are one size smaller and I try them on every two days to feel them get looser. It is better tool for me psychologically than the scale and I LOVE feeling myself get closer to zipping them up and wearing them with comfort!
And have to add that my DD asked me, after I had told her that I had ordered some new clothes online, she asked me, you don't know what your new size will be! I had to smile at that, because to me, it indicates that even my family has confidence in JUDDD, that I am losing and that I will be smaller!!
InTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
getting rid of clothes as they get too big so I just cannot go back
, shopping in my closet/storage for smaller stuff I refused to get rid of in the hopes of getting back there *someday*, chanting the "I can eat that tomorrow" and "eat today for what you want to wear tomorrow" mantras, jumping on the rebounder instead of making a snack (kills five to ten minutes and the feeling passes), measuring just at my belly button as a reminder that no matter how I am feeling right now or judging myself in the mirror (or god forbid a photo) that measurement keeps getting smaller. trying on my almost there skinny jeans. trying on a size smaller at a store with no intention of buying - just for the gratification of buttoning something. I surf online mags/blogs like clean eating/realfood for food ideas that will improve my health no matter what the scale says.
Yesterday I went home from work, put on my old shaped girly sweats (I can finally get back into) and had to cinch down the drawstring to keep them on my booty. They actually slid halfway down when I was carrying a load of stuff out to the camp trailer HA! poor neighbors! and then I was looking in the mirror and grabbed handfuls of fabric at both hips. I am slimming out of the shaping. Gonna need a new pair in a medium from somewhere.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:05 AM   #15
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
How's it going? Missing your smiling face.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote