Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/low carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
I know I must sound nuts. and refusing to believe the truth. After all, this condition has caused me all kinds of problems, including spending day after day on the couch or in bed, very sick. I mainly wanted testing to confirm what I'm dealing with. I needed to know it was GB and not something else (thankfully all blood work came back fine - liver is in great shape too). Now that I know for sure, I feel better in that regard. And maybe I'm just putting off the inevitable. But I am afraid of surgery for different reasons. Also I don't want to part with an organ if I can help it get better instead. Maybe that's crazy talk when your doctor told you that is not going to happen....
Sophie, I'm glad you finally know what the issue is. Also, you're not nuts. I completely understand, and were I in your position, I'd be the exactly same way. I'd want to explore all possible options before deciding on surgery. Whatever you decide, I hope for a quick return to health for you! Please take care of yourself in the meantime.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
If it is gallbladder, getting it out makes all the difference. I had mine out over 30 years ago, but my symptoms were nothing except an occasional intense pain right in my stomach that made me double over and curl into a tight ball. And then when it was over, it was over until it happened again. Usually after I ate eggs. I was very slim then, always had been, never been on a diet in my life. Don't know what brought it on.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:44 PM   #63

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Sophie, I am pleased that you have a diagnosis at last and I know you will come around in your own good time to having the surgery.

Thinking of you.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:52 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
So sorry ur feeling bad.
Hugs
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:04 PM   #65
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by imajule View Post
I know SEVERAL people, including myself, who have had to have the gallbladder surgery after a weight loss. Best of luck!

IMHO, Go ahead and take a little time to wrap your brain around the idea but remember, a 'bad' gallbladder can actually cause a toxicity in the body and make you very sick. My children's stepmother waited and waited-hoping to feel better-and actually had to have emergency surgery and was in the hospital for 5 days. Just something to consider...my advice is don't wait too long!
So true. My mother was a little hard headed to say the least. So when I finally got her to the doctor, he put her in the hospital that afternoon and did the surgery the next morning. I wonder if I am as hard headed as she was?
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
maybe diverticulitis?

a safe soother to try is aloe juice. I know two people with this issue who SWEAR by aloe juice, which I believe they get in the pharmacy area at walmart or health food stores.
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:34 PM   #67
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Star73
Stats: 238/220/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 10/01/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by imajule View Post
I know SEVERAL people, including myself, who have had to have the gallbladder surgery after a weight loss. Best of luck!

IMHO, Go ahead and take a little time to wrap your brain around the idea but remember, a 'bad' gallbladder can actually cause a toxicity in the body and make you very sick. My children's stepmother waited and waited-hoping to feel better-and actually had to have emergency surgery and was in the hospital for 5 days. Just something to consider...my advice is don't wait too long!
Yep. Also, an attack may occur at the worst time such as when you're driving. I put my symptoms off and then ended up in the hospital with elevated liver functions. They thought I just had a virus at that time

I saw a GI doctor soon after cause I still had pain and nausea and that's when I had the HIDA scan. The gallbladder not functioning well was causing my liver functions to increase which is a scary thing.
Star73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
I don't have a clue. But I know what it's like to be really sick and in pain and none of the doctors can help you. I found my angel and I will say a prayer for you to find yours. Much love.
Vanessa
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:50 PM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Hope you figure out what it is soon. I have no experience with this.
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:49 AM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I am celebrating that your liver looks good - that was worrying me. I am sorry your GB is right on the edge of 'rush her into surgery'. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Sophie, I just want to reassure you that the surgery for Gall Bladder removal isn't a terrible ordeal, by any means. I can understand why you would be afraid to have it done, though.

I was very nervous when I had mine removed, but the attacks were scaring me to death! I thought I was having a heart attack in my early 30's!

The surgery was laparoscopic, so I only had four tiny incisions. The worst part was the bloating, cramping discomfort I had for the first 12 hours or so after the surgery. They have to pump your belly up with gas to expand everything so they can get in there and see. It dissipates over the next hours. Walking helps it dissipate faster.

I had my surgery on Friday afternoon and attended church Sunday morning. By then, I felt only soreness, as if I'd done 1000 sit-ups. Honestly, I just took it easy for 2-3 days and felt fine. Of course, I know not everyone's experience is identical, but most people I know that have had the surgery have done very well and recovered quickly.

I hope this helps you feel more comfortable with the whole idea. It seems like it would be better to get it over with before you have more serious problems.

Hugs to you!
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #72

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I so hope that these encouraging posts are putting you mind at rest Sophiecat. Sending you good vibes. x
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:45 AM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/137.8/135-139
I'm so sorry you have to be experiencing this!

I'm sending you all good thoughts!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:34 AM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
Since your GB is still functioning, even at a reduced level, I wonder if you can stimulate it to function at a normal level again....maybe?

I totally understand being a bit leary of surgery....I am a total punk about things like that and I am an RN who has participated in so many surgeries I can't begin to count.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote