Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Vacation and some fears.... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/767202-vacation-some-fears.html)

Violet_Dream 04-10-2012 12:17 PM

Vacation and some fears....Help Please

I may be obesssing too much about this. My family and I are going to Vegas in June and will be there for seven days. :jumpjoy: I haven't started JUDD yet, once I see 140 on the scale (1.6 pounds away), I'm ending my HCG round. Some of you are familiar with this. Even though I will drop during the three days I do the 500-calories, I still need to see 140 before I end this round. We'll be there to enjoy ourselves, but I'm not going to make it a free-for-all and more than likely, it may be a challenge to stick to my rotation. I decided to stick with mainly LC because that's how I've lost/maintained in the past and may allow one or two treats. To start, I decided to weigh every other day (after a DD). I feel like I'm really obsessing about this.

I decided to give myself a 4-pound range (I want to stay under the 80-pound gone mark and that weight is exactly 145.6). My goal is to stay under 144.

Anyway....have any of you taken your scale when you took vacation? Am I being too OCD?

TIA...you're all the happiest, most helpful and wonderful group I've ever come across. :)

Violet_Dream 04-10-2012 12:41 PM

bumping. :)

gotsomeold 04-10-2012 12:50 PM

I know several JUDDD BUDDDs have travel scales and aren't afraid to use them. I am sure they will show up once the work day is done.

So far, everywhere I travel has a scale so I haven't had to deal with packing one yet.

BUT the main reason I am replying is to offer some reassurance. In June you will have been on the DD/UD rotation for over a month, I think. That is time for the sirtuin enzymes to build up in your system. This will support you during your vacation. And, should the scale creep up it will dive right back down again once you return to the rotation.

I speak :D from experience. DH and I love to travel and love to eat rich, exotic foods when we travel.

Violet_Dream 04-10-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 15570078)
I know several JUDDD BUDDDs have travel scales and aren't afraid to use them. I am sure they will show up once the work day is done.

So far, everywhere I travel has a scale so I haven't had to deal with packing one yet.

BUT the main reason I am replying is to offer some reassurance. In June you will have been on the DD/UD rotation for over a month, I think. That is time for the sirtuin enzymes to build up in your system. This will support you during your vacation. And, should the scale creep up it will dive right back down again once you return to the rotation.

I speak :D from experience. DH and I love to travel and love to eat rich, exotic foods when we travel.

Thank you so much and yes, at that time I will have been on JUDD for over a month. At the absolute latest, I should start JUDD by next Monday. :)

janj 04-10-2012 12:59 PM

Hi there Violet,

I've been having the same dilemma! I have been juddd(er)ing for 6 weeks and am off on vacation for 2 weeks on Friday to visit family and friends in the UK. I have ordered a travel scale (9"x5") to take with me since I know my parents don't own one, and I don't want to have to ask the various people I'm staying with if I can use theirs (don't want to be caught sneaking into their bedrooms naked to weigh first thing in the morning:hyst:).

I am nervous about gaining weight since I won't be able to follow rotations easily, so I'll just keep an eye on my food and weigh myself every day or two so that I don't let things get too out of hand.....I am confident that I can jump back into the lovely, calm Juddd waters when I return:love:

Have faith - this WOE:sing: I still can't quite believe such a simple formula works, but it does!!

b_lou_who 04-10-2012 01:09 PM

I think yam yam just posted a link to her travel scale yesterday. Cheap on amazon.
I don't think I obsess that much, but I don't travel much :)

heyjupiter 04-10-2012 01:55 PM

If you need a scale on vacation, then don't worry about taking one. It helps keep some of us accountable, while for me I just want that time to not even have to worry about my weight. Kind of like "out of sight, out of mind"... But, I'm not delusional in thinking there aren't consequences and expect a bounce once I get back to weighing.

DD80 04-10-2012 01:59 PM

I would totally bring my scale on vacation! I meant to take it with me this past weekend, but just plum forgot! I want to do JUDDD for life, and life involves vacations. I don't feel that I can just throw caution to the wind and do whatever I want on vacation...I always need to be accountable to myself. This is the first WOE that I have EVER done that I feel like I can maintain....so I don't want to screw that up. Therefore, I will take my scale wherever I go and never feel bad about it. :laugh:

Violet_Dream 04-10-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyjupiter (Post 15570243)
If you need a scale on vacation, then don't worry about taking one. It helps keep some of us accountable, while for me I just want that time to not even have to worry about my weight. Kind of like "out of sight, out of mind"... But, I'm not delusional in thinking there aren't consequences and expect a bounce once I get back to weighing.

:goodpost: I :heart: this and you're right! :)

Beeb 04-10-2012 03:42 PM

Scale? Vacation? I don't think these 2 words should be used in the same sentence, personally! :stars::D

Just go and enjoy yourself! JUDDD forgives and let's us live life as we need to live it!

Have an AMAZING time! :high5::shake::hugs:

sunday 04-10-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15570460)
Scale? Vacation? I don't think these 2 words should be used in the same sentence, personally! :stars::D

Just go and enjoy yourself! JUDDD forgives and let's us live life as we need to live it!

Have an AMAZING time! :high5::shake::hugs:

:goodpost: Have fun! Sides, someone may think you have gone completely bonkers! Weighing in Vegas?!? :hyst: