Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 831mariposa
Stats: 148/135/135 5'5
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: 1/15/12 Atkins Induction, 1/29/12 JUDDD/LC
Hi Everyone

Good Morning,

I haven't posted anything in a long time, but I have stopped in time to time and read threads here and there.

Well the good news is that I finally hit my goal weight last week!!!
Thanks so much to all you wonderful ladies who gave me information, shared personal experiences, and supported me as a newbie.

Well this weekend I was premenstrual, and coupled with the holiday and two free days, Im holding three pounds water weight. Ick. I know it's gonna move, but it still pains me to see my goal number disappear.

I set my goal weight at 135, but that was my modest goal, I really didn't think I would ever see it! I would love to lose 5-10lbs. more, but I have a feeling my body is gonna fight letting go of more.
I have read various things about some of you including daily fasting(as in eating time frames, ie fast-five etc) , and I'm wondering if adding this component will shake things up.
Do you who do this do it everyday, or just down days?
Does this sound like a good move for me?

Thank you, and again, thank you for everything. After four years of holding on to this weight, this WOE finally has let it go!!! A few more lbs. and I will be at my pre-chilldren weight. YAY!!!!!!
831mariposa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: babykinz
WOE: LCishJUDDD
Grats on reaching goal!
Sorry no advise but just wanted to congrats ya!
babykinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
No advice either, just congrats!!!
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Congrats!

Same thing happened with me. I hit my original, "it's probably the best I can do goal" of 130 in early Feb. and went into maintenance. Apparently, healing was still occurring for me (and I did lose another pound while maintaining), because when I decided 2 weeks ago to go for 125, the weight dropped easily. I added an intermittent fast to my dd's by not eating until lunch on those days. Ate normally on UD's.

Considering how hard I had to fight for the first 3 pounds at the beginning, I was totally shocked at how quickly these last 4 dropped off.

So, maybe maintain a bit, let your body get used to being small, enjoy NOT being on a diet for a time. And then re-evaluate and see if you want to work for those last few pounds or not.

Maintenance is FANTASTIC on this plan. I raised my dd's to 800-900 cals, kept my UD's at 1600, and maintained easily.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Thanks ladies!

MyKidsTeacher:That is great news to hear! I am about 5'5, so I would feel EXTREMELY satisfied with 125-130 as a new goal. It is encouraging to know it can happen.
I'm not super "in-tune" with my body, but I'm feeling much better at this new weight. I will let you all know what happens!
Old 04-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I encourage you to go into maintenance to spend some time getting more in tune with your body AND to let the physical healing happen in said body.

Then maybe in a month take a look at your calories and maybe adjust down to weight-loss mode again. That is, unless you turn out to be one of the maintainers who just keep losing, of course.

I usually do a sort of modified fast-5 on DD. 100 calories of hwc in my morning coffee then nothing until dinner (sometimes I am not hungry so that 100 is it for the day.) On UD I have the 100 cal of hwc. But I have to eat lunch because if I don't I usually forget to eat and turn my UD into a DD and stall my weight loss. This pattern is working for me - I feel really good, am losing inches quickly and pounds slowly.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Hi Nancy, thanks for your input. Good idea. I do need to figure things out and re-evaluate.
Congrats on your continual loss!
I was actually going to ask the infamous creamer question, but you answered it naturally.
I have read conflicting information on whether creamer/cream in coffee has an impact on a fasting state or is cheating. Drinking black coffee is serious, man! I would prefer not too. I actually don't even like coffee, but have found it invaluable while minimizing the sheer quantity of food I eat.

Thanks!
Old 04-11-2012, 05:04 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Horsetrainer110
Stats: 189/177/140 then we'll see
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/15/03(then lost 96 lbs) 3/5/12 (now)
Congratulations!!!!!!!!
Horsetrainer110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:42 AM   #9
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
And come in more often and post your success! It's always good for the Newbies and us Oldies to see how wonderful JUDDD works for people!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:45 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:48 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Yippee for you! Oh and IMHO. Creamer in the coffee is never a cheat! On JUDDD there is no such thing!!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:09 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 831mariposa View Post
Good Morning,

I haven't posted anything in a long time, but I have stopped in time to time and read threads here and there.

Well the good news is that I finally hit my goal weight last week!!!
Thanks so much to all you wonderful ladies who gave me information, shared personal experiences, and supported me as a newbie.

Well this weekend I was premenstrual, and coupled with the holiday and two free days, Im holding three pounds water weight. Ick. I know it's gonna move, but it still pains me to see my goal number disappear.

I set my goal weight at 135, but that was my modest goal, I really didn't think I would ever see it! I would love to lose 5-10lbs. more, but I have a feeling my body is gonna fight letting go of more.
I have read various things about some of you including daily fasting(as in eating time frames, ie fast-five etc) , and I'm wondering if adding this component will shake things up.
Do you who do this do it everyday, or just down days?
Does this sound like a good move for me?

Thank you, and again, thank you for everything. After four years of holding on to this weight, this WOE finally has let it go!!! A few more lbs. and I will be at my pre-chilldren weight. YAY!!!!!!
Congrats on hitting your goal, Mariposa! That's a wonderful, amazing feeling! I'm so glad you came back to share this great news with us.

I'm one who mixes things up and it's worked great for me for various reasons. Such as providing uber-flexibility around my life. I've lost weight on regular JUDDD and other types of IF such as my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my version of Fast 5, etc. The beauty is that you can add it into JUDDD, such as doing JUDDD during the week, and another IF on the weekend, or throw in some IF during the week if needed. You can do IF on an as-needed basis, or take things day by day, or whatever you want. It's a very flexible way to live. Not everyone would want to do it, but for me, it fits my life and personality, lol.

Congrats again!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote