Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Your thoughts please: about changing rotation days (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/767177-your-thoughts-please-about-changing-rotation-days.html)

sorenkkg 04-10-2012 10:23 AM

Your thoughts please: about changing rotation days

Hi,

I have a solution to a potential issue, I just wanted to run it by you folks:

I sometimes travel for work (I used to travel a LOT, then none, now some).

I have 2 flights to CA coming up, as well as a brunch at a friend's house.

I know that to change your rotation, you should do dd/md/ud. I also know some people JUDDD m/w/f and do UD both weekend days.

My questions are these-- 1) I need the brunch at my friend's to be at least a MD if not an UD, but it messes with my rotation.
Could I do UD/MD/UD and then keep going with my rotation?

2nd question, about the travel-- I sometimes pass out on planes. Yes, I've seen a Dr about it, and basically, it's a version of altitude sickness. Low oxygen kicking off a vaso-vegal reaction. It happens whether I'm awake or not, so I just try to stay seated, b/c otherwise can fall down and hurt something :( So I have to be careful when I travel (and I have a medic alert necklace)-- I can't sleep too much on the plane b/c I won't get enough oxygen. I also can't be too tired/low energy (I won't say blood sugar b/c I don't measure mine), b/c then I'll get sleepy, and then I'll get sick.

So, I want my UD to fall on the days I travel-- should I go through the whole change of rotation, or should I just do 2 UD's in a row and go to DD the following non-travel day?

I'm thinking yes, b/c this will also help with jetlag-- in that if I need 4 meals that day b/c of time difference, I'll be able to do that with my UD calorie alotment. If I do a DD on a travel day, I just foresee a bunch of problems...

Thoughts and comments on my rambling is welcome ;)
Soren

KathyL 04-10-2012 11:45 AM

I see MDs as maintenance level DDs so no problem using an MD in place of a DD or to change rotation when necessary...just don't expect losses. As for whether or not to change rotation it's really up to you. I can (usually) easily handle 2 DDs if/when needed (and when I do this I usually fast one then have 500 cal. for the other so there is still a good gap in calories). Not everyone can do that. I would rather have two DDs or DD/MD than 2 UDs in a row since you don't get that difference in calories. But that's me. And for a once in a while thing, if that's what you decide to do it will be alright. Once you get back on a regular rotation things will go back to normal quickly I think.

DD80 04-10-2012 02:15 PM

I do UD/MD/UD and I've never had a problem. I do it when I don't want to mess up my rotation. For example, let's say that I have a UD planned for Saturday and that's good because that day happens to fall on a day when we are having a family dinner or friends over. BUT, on Friday, I scheduled a dinner with a friend. Well, I stick with my rotation. I just wait to eat until dinner and TRY to be mindful about what I'm eating, but allow myself up to MD cals. I've done like 3-4 of these in 9 weeks and haven't had a problem. :)

I just try to remember that JUDDD IS MY WOL and therefore it needs to fit in my life...DD or UD.

gotsomeold 04-10-2012 03:21 PM

This WOE is a WOL. And life occasionally delivers - ahem - opportunities. Do what seems right to you. Pay attention to how your body reacts UD/MD/UD may be nbd or may be a big bounce. Use this opportunity as a learning experience that will guide you when the next bobble happens (and they happen to most of us).

Whatever you do, I encourage you to return to the rotation as soon as you can. JUDDD is forgiving.

Beeb 04-10-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorenkkg (Post 15569573)
Hi,

I have a solution to a potential issue, I just wanted to run it by you folks:

I sometimes travel for work (I used to travel a LOT, then none, now some).

I have 2 flights to CA coming up, as well as a brunch at a friend's house.

I know that to change your rotation, you should do dd/md/ud. I also know some people JUDDD m/w/f and do UD both weekend days.

My questions are these-- 1) I need the brunch at my friend's to be at least a MD if not an UD, but it messes with my rotation.
Could I do UD/MD/UD and then keep going with my rotation?

2nd question, about the travel-- I sometimes pass out on planes. Yes, I've seen a Dr about it, and basically, it's a version of altitude sickness. Low oxygen kicking off a vaso-vegal reaction. It happens whether I'm awake or not, so I just try to stay seated, b/c otherwise can fall down and hurt something :( So I have to be careful when I travel (and I have a medic alert necklace)-- I can't sleep too much on the plane b/c I won't get enough oxygen. I also can't be too tired/low energy (I won't say blood sugar b/c I don't measure mine), b/c then I'll get sleepy, and then I'll get sick.

So, I want my UD to fall on the days I travel-- should I go through the whole change of rotation, or should I just do 2 UD's in a row and go to DD the following non-travel day?

I'm thinking yes, b/c this will also help with jetlag-- in that if I need 4 meals that day b/c of time difference, I'll be able to do that with my UD calorie alotment. If I do a DD on a travel day, I just foresee a bunch of problems...

Thoughts and comments on my rambling is welcome ;)
Soren

YES and YES! You should be fine.....happy and safe travel!! :hugs:

sorenkkg 04-10-2012 04:51 PM

Thanks for the input Kathy, Nancy, DD, and Beeb :)

I'm such a super planner, that's one thing about this WOE that totally appeals to me (the way I do it, anyway). And I want to do the whole WOL/WOE and making it fit thing-- no more 'all or nothing' for me.

So, I now feel confident that I can have brunch at my friend's house (I'm going to bring lc lemon bars from this site ;) ) and also feel healthy on my many upcoming travel days.

*maybe* my loss slows a bit from a slight surplus of UD's, but maybe it won't... and the point is, I'm making my life and my WOE fit each other-- no more "cheating" for me, b/c there doesn't seem to be cheating in JUDDD... :)
S.

gotsomeold 04-11-2012 02:53 AM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy: