Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #1
Mrs. Robbie Williams

Gallery: hippiegirl
Day two - this feels weird

I didn't realize just how much mental energy I put in to stressing about food choices until this morning when it felt so weird to know it's ok to have a bagel with cream cheese. Even if I'd fallen off the wagon on lc, it was in the back of my mind that I was being "bad", kwim?

I'm also finding that I'm not obsessing about what I'm going to eat next, like I so often do. I was thinking about making cookies today, but honestly think I'll wait until another day. I know this is only day two for me, but I can already see how this may help heal some of my food obsession. What a miracle that would be for me, seriously.

"The only difference between a rut and a grave is depth. Get moving now!" ~ My friend Carl's FB status

This one's for DJ.
hippiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Isn't it great? The feeling of guilt does go away but I sure felt it when I started since I had LC'ed for so long.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:56 AM   #3
Mrs. Robbie Williams

Yes! I'm experiencing an odd combination of guilt and relief, lol.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiegirl View Post
I didn't realize just how much mental energy I put in to stressing about food choices until this morning when it felt so weird to know it's ok to have a bagel with cream cheese. Even if I'd fallen off the wagon on lc, it was in the back of my mind that I was being "bad", kwim?

I'm also finding that I'm not obsessing about what I'm going to eat next, like I so often do. I was thinking about making cookies today, but honestly think I'll wait until another day. I know this is only day two for me, but I can already see how this may help heal some of my food obsession. What a miracle that would be for me, seriously.
Yes, I know exactly what you mean! It's one of the best things about this way of living! The liberty we have to choose to eat what sounds good with NO GUILT attached is nothing short of WONDERFUL.

Big, BIG love for JUDDD!

I just know you're going to do really well! Just respect the calories for each day and be prepared for the 'bounce' and you'll do just fine!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
I felt exactly the same way when I started. FREEDOM is grand
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: pocahontas
Girl, you have inspired me to give JUDDD a try. I have been struggling on LC for years now. I lost 60lbs last year after I had my son and then I slowly put back on 25lbs and I cant get my head back in the game. I have been messing around with LC for 10yrs now, I need to change things up because it just isnt working for me. I did a ton of reading last night on this forum and I had what could be considered a UD yesterday so today is my first DD. I am hoping for that FREEDOM you all are describing because I have been living with food guilt for 10yrs now and its getting old.

pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LeeMT
Start Date: April 4, 2012
I've been on JUDDD a full week today, and am looking forward to weight results tomorrow. I don't think I could ever go back to LC again. Granted it always worked for me, but I just could never make it a permanent lifestyle change.
Like everyone else here, i was looking for an alternative. I hope we all do well and that JUDDD works for us!
LeeMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:03 AM   #8
Mrs. Robbie Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
Girl, you have inspired me to give JUDDD a try. I have been struggling on LC for years now. I lost 60lbs last year after I had my son and then I slowly put back on 25lbs and I cant get my head back in the game. I have been messing around with LC for 10yrs now, I need to change things up because it just isnt working for me. I did a ton of reading last night on this forum and I had what could be considered a UD yesterday so today is my first DD. I am hoping for that FREEDOM you all are describing because I have been living with food guilt for 10yrs now and its getting old.
Awesome! I feel honored. Sunday was like that for me - definitely ate enough to be considered an Up Day, so I figured I'd go for it starting right then, lol.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
At first, I felt like I had to think about food all the time, because I came from paleo where I counted nothing, no carbs, no cals, nothing. So the calorie counting was a tough transition.

Everyone said it would get easier, and it sure has. I eat pretty simply, repeating the same basic stuff often, so now, I don't really need to think about it at all. I still follow paleo because my body likes it, but I don't have to stress if I want some whole grain or a potato. It is so freeing.

And once the sirtuin enzymes get flowing, it's even better, because it can be so forgiving. You can take time off for a vacation or special day, and while the scale may bounce up, a good couple of dd's will take care of it and you'll be right back on track, rather than completely derailed.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<280/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
I *wait* for treats all the time...feels so good!
For example, I wanted popcorn with coconut oil a while back.
It took me about a week to get around to ordering the CO online (along with some vitamins), took a few days to get here, and it took me another week or so to get around to making it! I also didn't have any other popcorn in the meantime.

I *do* have unplanned treats, go over my calories sometimes because of a craving, and being diabetic there are foods I have rarely or only in small amounts ...but overall, yes! JUDDD is so freeing!
New lows, 2014:
6/29 282.8
7/07 280.2
7/14 276.8

Last edited by piratejenny; 04-10-2012 at 01:07 PM..
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiegirl View Post

I know just what you mean, HG, and I'm so glad you're experiencing this mental freedom of JUDDD already. As long as you stick to your calorie limits the best you can, this is going to work for you, and you're going to eat any foods you want in the whole world. No more guilt! There's no guilt in JUDDD!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Isn't it amazing? Realizing how much physical and emotional energy I wasted on food was so totally freeing. This is month four and I hope I never, ever lose that feeling!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: changemylife!
Stats: Jan 2006: (190) 180/125
Start Date: 1-1-2006
HG, I'm on Day 2 also!
I'm not ready to let go of LC yet, still feeling hesitant. I woke up 3 pounds lighter today but that was after my first DD. Today I was more conscious of food & calorie counting than usual. I want to give it a couple weeks before I fully relax with it! I can't wait.
Good luck - cookies sound awesome!
changemylife! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
You're already experiencing part of how great JUDDD is. You know you can put off eating cookies because eating them is always an option (if not today, then tomorrow!). For me, this is exactly what happened. I don't eat as much junk because I know NOTHING is bad. Yes, it's a big mental game where I ate forbidden foods simply because I wasn't supposed to. Sad, but true, and I didn't even know it until I felt the freedom of JUDDD.
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:29 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wormie1978
Stats: 236/208.6/158
WOE: Atkins/Lower Calorie
Start Date: on and off since 2003
Funny how you posted this. I am on day 2, and I had every intention of trying to stick to a mainly LC diet with this, but just knowing that I could have anything, I went bonkers. I do have guilt, but I hope that I will be freed from it soon.

I ate Jack in the box tacos, egg rolls, french fries and I loved every minute of it.
But, The guilt
wormie1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:10 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimberino
Stats: 235/141 50 yo
WOE: Atkins/now JUDDD
Start Date: 3 '09 Atkins-3 '12 JUDDD
It is so very liberating to not have to label our foods as bad and good, and then deal with the guilt once we had the "bad". JUDDD is so freeing - it lets you eat how you WANT to eat, whether lc or not.

And wormie, no guilt, ok? I had the same experience when I started 2 weeks ago and ate about every carby thing I could get into my mouth. I'm down 4 lbs, so JUDDD obviously is working. Hang in there!
kimberino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:56 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
I know the guilt cycle all too well... I'd be super strict with LC, do really well with it for maybe a month or two, then eat a cookie and that cookie would become OMGCARBS NOM NOM NOM. Ugh. Sometimes I could cut it off after a meal, sometimes after a week, sometimes after a month... no wonder my weight kept yo-yoing around and after years of this my weight was just getting higher every month even though I was really TRYING. Truth is I can't expect myself to eat low carb with no treats ever forever. I resisted JUDDD for a long time because it seemed to be so restrictive. When I finally tried it I realized just how FREEING it was and not restrictive. The restriction feels good because it's the part where you're actively doing something to progress your goals. The up days feel good because they're the part that stops you from feeling deprived. And yes it's great that I can finally stop myself after 1 or 2 cookies, because the cookies are planned (I write down the calorie count and it's budgetted in my daily calories!) and so there is no guilt, and there are always other up days coming up where I can eat more if I want.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:13 AM   #18
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Isn't it great? The feeling of guilt does go away but I sure felt it when I started since I had LC'ed for so long.
and totally agree!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:18 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mamasooze
Stats: 225/170's/150
WOE: Low carb, wheat-free, mostly paleo
Start Date: AUG 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
At first, I felt like I had to think about food all the time, because I came from paleo where I counted nothing, no carbs, no cals, nothing. So the calorie counting was a tough transition.

Everyone said it would get easier, and it sure has. I eat pretty simply, repeating the same basic stuff often, so now, I don't really need to think about it at all. I still follow paleo because my body likes it, but I don't have to stress if I want some whole grain or a potato. It is so freeing.

And once the sirtuin enzymes get flowing, it's even better, because it can be so forgiving. You can take time off for a vacation or special day, and while the scale may bounce up, a good couple of dd's will take care of it and you'll be right back on track, rather than completely derailed.
Thanks for this. I somewhat obsessed yesterday (first DD) and worried about losing my paleo/primal bearings but this morning (after a good sleep) I started meal planning and well, no sweat. Only a few really non paleo items on my menus so far. I didn't starve yesterday, not by a long shot *less than 450 calories* so if all DD's are like that, I should be good to go
mamasooze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:19 AM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/203.2/160
WOE: NK/ IF
Start Date: 2 January 2014
I agree! No guilt, no pressure!

I have been doing JUDDD for 13 days and I feel great! I don't worry, I don't obsess, I just do/eat.

It really gives a feeling of liberation, after so many years of feeling bad about myself and what I ate or wanted to eat. Now, I can eat what I want, and I find that I'm subconsciously making much better choices too!
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote