Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 06:05 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MissyW
Stats: 224/213/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 31, 2012
disappointed

Well I learned the hard way that if I'm not doing strict low carb that my body goes crazy and I think i can eat whatever i want.
I did two months of low carb and was losing slow so i figured i would try JUDDDD. allowing my self carbs on my updays turned into slowly losing control! So after 6 lb gain in a week, I'm sure it's water weight but still. I'm going back to lowcarb JUDDD and just not giving my self a choice of having pasta or a piece of reg candy.
MissyW is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2012, 06:17 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathyL
Stats: 205/118-122/125 5'4" Age 53
WOE: low glycemic index in 2011 JUDDD in 2012
Start Date: January 2011
I would back off the carbs for a couple weeks then try again maybe adding one type of 'good' carb at a time. Once your body learns to handle those then you can try some lesser quality carbs here and there. I was never lc but I gained 3.5 pounds my first week trying JUDDD because I simply couldn't get my UDs under control. Candy still does me in but I let myself have it maybe once a week and the damage it does (water retention) is quickly undone.
KathyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:19 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/155/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I'm so sorry you were disappointed in your first foray into JUDDD with carbs. Many people are not able to handle carbs right from the beginning, and it's almost always a good idea to add them very slowly, starting with the lower end of the glycemic index. Don't despair, however! That six pounds will come right back down if you stick to your calorie rotation.

At first, I could easily gain several pounds from all the carbs I wasn't accustomed to. Now, after a huge carbfest, I gain less than two pounds and they're gone after the next DD. I'm maintaining my losses easily. I truly believe that it's a process that takes some time, but eventually your body's metabolism will heal with JUDDD.

I'm happy to see that you're not throwing in the towel and saying JUDDD doesn't work for you. It WILL. You just have to pick your way slowly until you figure out which style works best for you. Hang in there!
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:34 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tamilda
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: 8/09/11 Atkins @ 270
I understand your dissapointment. I do a strict lowcarb Juddd too and after a month on this plan I went off on a dd, HUGE. I devoured chocolate in egg and bunny forms by the ton and put on 2 lbs over night. However, thanks to that awesome JUDDD magic, it came off after another dd. I don't think that would have happened earlier on, I believe my body had finally succumbed to the diet and did what it is supposed to do. It will forgive you for indiscretions once you are on the plan a while. I still do low carb, however, but don't sweat it if I eat more than 20 gr of carbs.
Hope that helps out somewhat. Hang in there!
Tami
Old 04-10-2012, 08:36 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
Missy - love your buff domo
He would give you big big hugs!
Hang in there sweets and try to focus on the health aspects of intermittent fasting. You don't want to go back to eating lots of refined carbs and junk, so just slowly add good real food where carbs are concerned. Quinoa, sweet potatoes or parsnips, buckwheat (it isn't a grain), a fresh corn on the cob this summer. Do something good for YOU today
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #6
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
I've found that I can have certain carbs (really good artisan bread, eggroll/wonton wrappers, even french fries or a cinnamon roll) but not others (fried chicken, ice cream).
A lot of experimenting, so don't get too discouraged
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:18 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
I hear ya too-- carbs totally set me off, so I've been scared to have any on my UDs... like, I loooooove sushi, and while sashimi (fish only) is nice, there's something about the rolls that's just "better". But I don't want to go off the deep end, so I'm waiting.

Stick with the plan, it will work!

Soren

Last edited by sorenkkg; 04-10-2012 at 10:21 AM..
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #8
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
Soren this is not sushi but it's a good sub: spread the nori with a blend of avocado and cream cheese with a little soy sauce and vinegar mixed in, instead of rice, and fill as you normally would. You just need a thin layer to make it all stick lol. And you can go straight cream cheese, though I like it "cut" with something. Plain yogurt or sour cream would work in place of the avocado as well.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Soren this is not sushi but it's a good sub: spread the nori with a blend of avocado and cream cheese with a little soy sauce and vinegar mixed in, instead of rice, and fill as you normally would. You just need a thin layer to make it all stick lol. And you can go straight cream cheese, though I like it "cut" with something. Plain yogurt or sour cream would work in place of the avocado as well.
DOTTIE!!! that is GENIUS!

I was using TVP sometimes, but DH doesn't like it. I'll try your suggestion

best. forum. ever.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: babykinz
WOE: LCishJUDDD
Pick your carbs, and go slow! ...Like add one kind of carb back each UD to see if it triggers...
I know for me, I CAN have WASA Crackers and a banana, but NOT a low carb tortilla, they set me off into a feeding frenzie. So I totally removed them
I can also handle Dreamsfield pasta, no problem.

So find some healthy carbs and and slowly add them in. This way you get some variety and UDs are magically delicious!
babykinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MissyW
Stats: 224/213/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 31, 2012
Thanks everyone!!! Carbs just set me off every time, that's why this is my 1284317532 time doing low carb. The funny thing is I just felt gross after eating them, you would think I would have learned my lesson. NOT this is day one back to LC and I really think I'm addicted to sugar or something because I feel like I'm going through withdrawl and I'm craving sweets and pizza hahahha
MissyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
DOTTIE!!! that is GENIUS!

I was using TVP sometimes, but DH doesn't like it. I'll try your suggestion

best. forum. ever.
I leave out the rice too, but use avocado & spicy mayo (mayo+sriracha sauce)...then add smoked eel & tobiko, my fave combo!
Cream cheese sounds awesome but mayo is easier to spread!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
I'm glad you're still sticking with JUDDD. Sounds like LC is the thing for you within the framework of JUDDD, and you know if you ever want to try adding back healthier forms of carbs you can do that, or you don't have to at all. JUDDD teaches us a lot about our bodies, imo, as we go along on it, and it also tends to help us tolerate some carbs and periods of non-eating that we didn't think we'd ever have been able to before.

You're doing great things for yourself, so KUTGW, Missy!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Good luck, Missy, getting back on the LC track!
I often have 1 "carby" meal or treat per UD...I really don't puff up too badly anymore. It does slow down my weight loss, no doubt, but my usual reactions (swollen hands & feet, racing heart rate, sleepiness after meals, acid reflux) are a thing of the past!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
We learn so much about our bodies with Juddd.

I had to reign in carbs at first too. Cravings hit hard, and my blood sugar was going wacky. So I went back to straight paleo, and things were much better.

I am no able to handle a small amount of whole grain 1 or 2 days a week, and maybe 1/2 baked potato a week. Sweet potatoes do better for me, but I still limit it to once/week. I do, however, eat a bunch of veggies, as well as nuts and nut butters. So I'm around 100g gross carbs on an UD. But almost none are from grain/sugar/potato.

It may totally be the kind of carbs you are having. Try just veggies (not corn or potatoes) at first. Then try the others one at a time to see how you fare.

No permanent harm has been done, you will lose what you've gained with a few good dd's. But the knowledge you've gained is invaluable.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Raises hand. I know all about gobbling carbs while knowing they were going to make me feel terrible.

I approached them very slowly after I was sure JUDDD magic was running through my bod. Very much one at a time (and a small amount of that one). Now they are just another food that I have in some meals. But I like LC so sometimes they don't make it in my caloric planning.

You will be fine. Give JUDDD time, then decide whether you are happy or want to try again. It is all good.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
That's the beauty of JUDDD! You can tailor the plan to work for you. I agree with learning about what triggers cravings in you and adding back in carbs slowly. I seem to do ok with some types of bread and potatoes, but still shy away from sugar. Stick with it and JUDDD will work for you!
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote