Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 05:56 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Majella
Stats: 191/183/132
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2013
New Plans!

I am starting a little journal here because I find talking everything out really helps me stay on track.

Yesterday I almost gave up and was going to torture myself and do a liquid diet again because I felt I couldn't control myself so had to take choice out of my life. How sad that was, it's my body and my choices and removing control of my food is not a long term solution and not very responsible. So I decided to use some of my leftover soups and shakes on my DD's to keep calories low. My aim is to totally fast on my DD's anyway so this is a way to step it down. I'm searching for yoga classes in the area but maybe I'll just get a DVD and do it at home. So here's to taking control back and taking back my life!!
Majella is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2012, 06:27 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathyL
Stats: 205/118-122/125 5'4" Age 53
WOE: low glycemic index in 2011 JUDDD in 2012
Start Date: January 2011
I'll be cheering for you! My dh has been using mostly shakes and low cal soups on his DDs and it's been working well for him.

I have a Yoga Zone DVD set that I have been learning yoga with this year. Not going through it very fast but trying to learn 1-2 new positions each month. I think it's pretty good for beginners.
KathyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:35 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/190.8/160
WOE: Keto
Count me in as your cheerleader too!

xxx
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:41 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Liquid DDs, especially leftover liquid DDs are working very well for me.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:47 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tamilda
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: 8/09/11 Atkins @ 270
Good idea! I have the same problem and just do protein shakes on dd as well. Accountability in a journal is also something alot of us need to do to keep our mind set on track. I know I have so much stuff going on that if I didn't I would not remember what the heck I ate or how I was feeling that day. Also it's nice to be able to see what set me off on some bingey tangent , as I look back.
Great job staying motivated!
Tami
Tamilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:00 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artsyfartsy
Stats: 120/112.5/110-lost 30lbs. prior
WOE: Low Carb Fusion
Since you mentioned yoga I wanted to share something with you guys.

I have noticed that when I have an UD and I take a hot yoga class that night my scale weight the next morning is either exactly as my DD or a little less. I guess I sweat out all that water water. just a little scale trick. And I do drinks loads of water during class.
artsyfartsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majella View Post
I am starting a little journal here because I find talking everything out really helps me stay on track.

Yesterday I almost gave up and was going to torture myself and do a liquid diet again because I felt I couldn't control myself so had to take choice out of my life. How sad that was, it's my body and my choices and removing control of my food is not a long term solution and not very responsible. So I decided to use some of my leftover soups and shakes on my DD's to keep calories low. My aim is to totally fast on my DD's anyway so this is a way to step it down. I'm searching for yoga classes in the area but maybe I'll just get a DVD and do it at home. So here's to taking control back and taking back my life!!
Great to see you're making healthy choices for your life and body, Majella! Another one cheering you on!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Thanks everyone, I am doing good today. I had a shake for breakfast then cupa soup and 2slices of quiche for dinner and it is totaling 650 calories which is pretty dam good. I decided today to color my hair blond but it came out brassy so I'll have to do it again grr. Yoga sounds good must give it a go!
Old 04-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Hi there Majella! Glad you have a great plan going. Journaling is something I have done for years and LOVE it. I track my calories this way instead of ************ mainly cause I just like to. Sometimes I write notes to myself that motivate me or even let off steam. It's very therapeutic for me. Now Yoga I would probably suck at, so my choice is walking and swimming. Anyway thanks for letting me ramble! Just happy for ya!! Never give up!! Hope your family is okay too.

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:07 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

I think I may have misunderstood. Did you mean you were gonna talk to us on this thread? My bad!!! Don't I feel stupid! Oh, well what I said was sincere, but I definitely agree if you post your feelings, that would be wonderful too. That is therapeutic for me as well. How could it NOT be with all the caring JUDDD BUDD friends we have!!! Right? Either way... IT"S ALL GOOD!!!

Phyl
Old 04-11-2012, 07:11 AM   #11
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
WTG for you taking back control!! It's really US being in control and not WHAT we are eating, isn't it? Once that mindset is there, that food has NO influence over us, then any WOE is a breeze, especially when that WOE lets you eat whatever you want!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Phyl I want to chat and ramble on about my feelings! It is all good My family are doing better thankfully and I visit almost every week and tell them all about my life and what I'm up to. Can be hard talking to my father he is a bit deaf but it can be very funny too because he misinterprets things oddly.

Beeb yes I feel so totally different now far more adult about my eating
Old 04-11-2012, 11:31 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Majella, keep on chatting and rambling! Everyone, as you already know, is so helpful, kind, understanding, uplifting, encouraging and on and on!!! Look forward to your journey with you too. You're such a sweet JUDDD BUDD!!!

Phyl
Old 04-12-2012, 02:59 AM   #14
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Brilliant plan Majella. Also a great plan to use up the liquid stuff. You mentioned cup o soups, I find them really great along with the ready to go Bovril cups they sell in Pound shops.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:08 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Aww Phyl thanks
Kissa yes cup o soups and even been known to eat koka noodles for dinner on a DD and I feel guilty because it was such a sin on LC hehe but not anymore!! Today's DD dinner is a weight watchers pizza yum. I may even boil an egg soon for myself, I skipped breakfast and will try to delay it as far as I can. I usually can't get past 4pm even though I only got up at midday

Yesterday we got approved the loan we asked for it takes a lot of pressure off and is only a year long loan. I can already see myself asking for the same loan this time next year and taking a nice long haul holiday!! My OH wants to do route 66 which is fine with me once we stay in hotels along the way!! I'll keep dreaming....I am getting my hair colored tomorrow a proper shade of blond. It looks so bad right now all brassy and yellowy. I started making a glass bowl the other day so I will perfect it today then dry some clothes in the studio while the kiln is on. Then I am going to set some seeds I got in boxes outside, I got sweet pea giant mix, cornflowers and my favorite sweet williams. I want to grow the sweet pea mix around the compostor but have to grow everything in pots first becasue my cat thinks any fresh earth is his new litter box or sleeping area
Old 04-12-2012, 07:24 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Oh how i love planting.. I wish you luck with your seeds.. i cant seam to get them to grow. on the loan..That will be great relief im sure!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:09 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday was an UD and I was back at my weight before the Easter madness!! Delighted with that. I weight in stone & lbs rather then just lbs or kilos I seem to get a better buzz with those numbers lol

Yesterday was a funny day food wise. I went out with OH for the day and ended up snacking throughout the day so not sure how high my calories went. I have been having so much trouble sleeping it is very very frustrating. Leaves me with a headache all day. I am very restless and I know it is withdrawal symptoms but I wish they would ease off already. I figure out by bringing my cat to bed with me relaxes me a lot, his purring seems to really relax me!! OH doesnt like sharing the bed with the cat though but it means a less grumpy me the next day.

I got a new laptop yesterday we are selling the shop computer because I always ended up mixing up files between 2 pc's and losing and forgetting things. I have a white sony vaio now and I am in love with it. I ended up only setting one packet of seeds the other day and didn't finish the bowl at all. I was too tired. I fell asleep last night at 3.45am and woke up today at 2.30pm and I am trying to keep my headache at bay by not doing much but it's hard to keep looking at this mess around me so I will be cleaning up. I need to wash the dog too because she has been scratching herself open because it's shedding season and that's what she always does she is a big lab/collie and difficult to wash and I hate getting fur all over myself. I might buy a children's inflatable pool and throw her in there!

We are going to the cinema tomorrow to see battleship and we'll eat out as well (date night!) I have an awful craving for Nando's so that's what we'll eat, we have gathered many stamps on our little savings card so we get some free food lol

Right I better go do something constructive before my day is totally over and I'm very annoyed at myself!--Oh just realized I had a lot to say today!!!
Old 04-14-2012, 04:14 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Liquid DDs, especially leftover liquid DDs are working very well for me.
I don't know why, but this made me think of the old bass-o-matic skit from SNL. I won't be trying any blended fish shakes on my DD's though!
lisamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

I quickly stopped using the shakes I forgot how awfull they taste! Lisa no idea what the skit maybe it is just as stateside thing? Had a very good UD today I enjoyed the movies and the ice cream: vanilla caramel brownie from hagen daz. Still having problems sleeping it was 5am when I feel asleep last night so I got this herbal thingy to take tonight. My tummy looks smaller to me and my jeans are all falling down thankfully. Must me all that sucking in I'm doing !!!
Old 04-15-2012, 06:23 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
I always make one of my DD meals a GenSoy fudge brownie protein bar. It keeps things simple and they really are yummy. I'm cheering for you!
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:19 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Majella. Glad you seem happy! Hey you need to post us a pic of your new blonde hair. Tell me what Nando's is. I'm in Texas and don't know what it is.

Yaaaaay for the loan, and the new computer, and the falling-off jeans!!! These things keep us going!!!

Phyl
Old 04-19-2012, 05:37 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

I must look for some tasty protein bars. Things are not going to plan at the moment. I finished taking my cymbalta 4 days ago and as expected I am very sick with withdraws. Constant dull headache, shaking and anger outbusrts so went to doc and she gave me 5 days of anixiety pills and sleeping pills.

Now Nando's is a Portuguese peri peri chicken resturant but very informal as in you get seaded but then you go up and order and get your own drinks. It's the only bit I don't like about it. It's new to Ireland but has been in the UK for years that's where I first had it and got the hot chicken and nearly blew my head off

I bought a new scales with a body fat monitor built in. I am 33% body fat which is 1% above the high end of my category. My much thinner hubby is much higher and of course I have the muscle mass of an athlete so it tells me anyway
Old 04-19-2012, 05:43 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Love the hair cut and color!

It sounds like you and OH are bringing your lives back into control. That is wonderful!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Majella, that's a really pretty blonde color. Did you do that yourself? So sorry you have been feeling so awful. I know that can hinder things. I was very sick this past weekend. Still don't know what it was. A horrid virus. I can sure sympathize with the headaches. Anyway, stay on track and never ever give up. Never ever ever! Keep talkin with us!! You have a great group of supporters!!

Phyl
Old 04-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #25

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Love the hair Majella, must have mine done.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:19 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Yes I did the colour myself!! got the lightest dye kit from the supermarket and off I went. I have since got some white toner to make it completely white it's semi permanent. I am fairly sick alright got sore throat,shivers etc and OH just got over it so of course I have it now! Sleep is getting better but still restless. We are trying to get a smaller more economical car which is proving to be a pain in the ass task as it cant be higher in value then our current car. OH is desperate to get a used toyota Prius but I doubt we'd get finance for it. More realisitic option is a 09 Auris. We currently have a ford focus and we dont need it. The funny thing is I won an electric scooter on ebay for 122euro it needs some work but OH had a motorbike back in the day and a moped when he was 16 and he crashed that one, no small crash either he went straight into the side of another car. But he also did a motorcycle maintenance course so he can fix it up for ME not him he is Dutch and slightly obsessed with bikes but they are everywhere there and I feel sorry for him here because he thinks it's too unsafe to drive a pushbike because there are no cycle lanes my 2 dutch friends moved over with their city PUSH bikes both were over €800 each and they won't/don't drive them because it's not safe so they are kept in the shed and they wont sell them either.I wanted to buy one from them until they told me the cost and that small proplem of my legs not reaching the pedals at all!!! No one in their right mind would pay that much for a bike here and we know that where ever you live here you need a mountain bike unless you like the thrill off your front wheel getting stuck in a pothole and flying over the handle bars. Or flying into then handlebars which I have done many many times, eventually you'll remember the road you drive on and automatically avoid the holes.

Oh dear can you tell I've not been out much the past 2 weeks? I'm blabbering on again. I am on a fast day today aiming for 32hours but will be happy with 24hrs. I ate brekkie this afternoon and won't eat anything until tomorrow afternoon hopefully not until dinner. I keep telling myself hunger is a sensation/emotion that will pass and it does. I feel so desperate that if I had money for lipo i'd be off to have it done EVERYWHERE
Old 04-23-2012, 11:22 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: babykinz
WOE: LCishJUDDD
Have you ever had your dog shaved during the summer season? I had a chow lab mix and every spring she would shed so badly it was hard to keep up with the fur on the floor. Started shaving her every spring, well not me but a dog groomer, and it made it so much easier on us both. She felt better and it showed, and no more sweeping up hair all day long.

If she is having skin problems its also easier to get to her skin to put stuff on it and helps the healing.
babykinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #28

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by babykinz View Post
Have you ever had your dog shaved during the summer season? I had a chow lab mix and every spring she would shed so badly it was hard to keep up with the fur on the floor. Started shaving her every spring, well not me but a dog groomer, and it made it so much easier on us both. She felt better and it showed, and no more sweeping up hair all day long.

If she is having skin problems its also easier to get to her skin to put stuff on it and helps the healing.
I have a chow/shepherd mix and we get her shaved spring and autumn. I absolutely second this suggestion!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:06 PM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
HOpe you start to feeling better! Nothing like having a head cold and trying to fast. Good luck on your auto purchase too!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:27 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

the last dog groomer wouldn't do that she said she wouldn't look right as she is a long haired dog! I think she didnt want the extra work!! But ya we are going to go to a different groomer and tell them exactly what we want if they won't do it I'll get a no 3 electric shaver and do it myself because I've had it with hairs everywhere. I pick up my cup of tea and there's a hair in it and there's no animals allowed in the kitchen. Feeling a little better today thankfully.

I didnt do a full fast got hungry at 9pm and had some soup and bread, then somehow ate a small bag of crisps total calories were 500 so a good DD if not very healthy. Didnt plan to do any kind of day yesterday but only ate 1500 calories. Scales are the same but 1% less body fat now at 31.9% I found a local thai boxing club that do womens classes and I cant wait to join!! Car finance was approved for both Toyota auris 2009 & prius 2010. Really can't say what I'm happy with, OH has talked my head off about the prius for 6 years so maybe he'll shut up now,my only fear is the novelty will wear off and then complain he has no money for other things, yes it will save on petrol but for the next 5 years it will cost us €1800 more per yer then what we pay now on car finance. He is so unhappy with his job that I doubt anything will make it feel better. However it's automatic and I'd prefer to drive that but I'm not learning to drive in one I want to learn manual so I can drive any car. I'd be in such a better mood if cold went away!!! but at least I've not turned into the cookie monster