Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DD Disaster :( (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/767130-dd-disaster.html)

melisa82 04-09-2012 09:45 PM

DD Disaster :(

Today was supposed to be a DD, but I ended up coming home from work and stuffing my face with everything in site :( Granted, it was all low-carb, but I still feel horrible.

My tummy is bursting at the seams... :sick:

2oz Turkey 60
1oz HWC 100
4HB Eggs 280
1tsp Mayo 35
1Tbs Almond Butter 95
Ribeye Steak ?
2 small (quarter size) pieces of popcorn Chicken 50
2oz Gouda Cheese 200
A sm piece of LC homemade "bread" 100

I think that is it. So maybe, like 1500 calories :( Uggghhhh :stars:

I should just continue on with the DD/UD rotation, right? We'll just call today a MD.

MintQ8 04-09-2012 11:48 PM

Eat a little more - and make tomorrow a DD!

gotsomeold 04-10-2012 04:35 AM

UUAD DDs happen. They can/may slow you down. But they cannot stop you!

And this is a great opportunity to learn about your metabolism. I encourage you to look for patterns - was this hormonal? stress? can you recognize the feeling and be prepared in case it ever happens again?

Look at what you need the rest of the week's rotation to be and live it. All is well. :hugs:

Becky 04-10-2012 04:44 AM

:hugs:I know how you feel, yesterday was a DD for me and my stomach was eating itself I was so hungry!!! Thanks to chicken broth I kept it to 550 (my usual DD is 500), but I seriously almost just said "screw it" and ate and ate!!! I'm moving my DD cals to 550 and making my UDs low carb (20-30 carbs, 1,700 cals).

MintQ8 04-10-2012 05:24 AM

My DD just turned into MD - life happens!

gotsomeold 04-10-2012 06:57 AM

Actually, a lot of us have occasional starving DDs during which our bodies scream with a hunger way beyond normal DD "excuse me, hate to bother you but I am peckish."

Suspicion is this is hormonal. And usually if we can keep DD reasonably in check it does not seem to make a weight loss difference. I have gone over by 250 on those DDs and still seen a loss the next morning.

Male JUDDD BUDDDs reading this. Do you also have rare but intensely hungry DDs?

sungoddess 04-10-2012 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 15569159)
Actually, a lot of us have occasional starving DDs during which our bodies scream with a hunger way beyond normal DD "excuse me, hate to bother you but I am peckish."

Suspicion is this is hormonal. And usually if we can keep DD reasonably in check it does not seem to make a weight loss difference. I have gone over by 250 on those DDs and still seen a loss the next morning.

Male JUDDD BUDDDs reading this. Do you also have rare but intensely hungry DDs?

I do agree with this. Two weeks ago, I was looking up the calories for fingernails-- yes, because I was ready to eat all of mine. I was hungry the entire day and couldn't stop thinking about food. Two days ago, I had the perfect DD. Not an ounce of hunger, and not any growling either. It was easy peasy. Wish they would all be like that, but they aren't. Seems I have a better weight loss though AFTER the hungry DD's. It's like my body is sending out hunger signals saying... hey, body, this is your last chance to protect this weight! Eat something! If you don't, I am going to just have to release some fat! Then when I don't listen, it drops some FAT!! Awesome.

arkie1 04-10-2012 07:59 AM

You"ll be fine! Life happens to all of us, and we just have to go on to the next rotation. Judd is very forgiving, and while it may slow you down for a day, just try to make your next DD as "clean" as possible. :console:

Carole

Yam-Yam 04-10-2012 08:18 AM

You'll be fine. :hugs: Life happens to everyone. There are DDs when I end up having to go to a business dinner w/ DH and I just call it a MD and move on.

Personally, I don't think 1500 calories will be enough to get you through a good DD without it turning into a MD again. So, If you are going to have several MDs in a row, you are back to just a daily low calorie diet. That's no fun!! And, it does not do the magic to get your metabolism revved up.

I would stay off the scale for a few days, have an UD today and then a really great DD tomorrow. You have not messed anything up! You were just listening to your body.

We are here for you!!:hugs:

melisa82 04-11-2012 08:13 AM

Thanks everyone! I weighed after my MD and I was the same weight as before :) Back on track and plan on meeting my goals early!